• Published 28th Jun 2014
  • 8,993 Views, 409 Comments

Elsa's Snowdrop - TheOneAJ



In her kingdom of isolation, Elsa discovers a special filly that will change her life in ways she never expected.

  • ...
52
 409
 8,993

Chapter 14, stars

Snowdrop sat on top of the tower, listening to the stars. While different from those in Equestria, they seemed to sing similar songs. Some nights, the stars would twinkle a song of love. Other, their tunes would be much more mellow, or tragic. Sometimes they would played random notes. Not bad, or even good, but out of tune. On those such night, when the tune leaned more towards good, it meant it had been an okay day. Not good, but it wasn’t bad either.

Such night’s were common in Equestira, but in Arendelle, she had only heard two such nights.

Tonight, the stars seemed to be laughing at the bulk of misfortune’s from Elsa’s birthday party. Of course, it wasn’t as if she had spent that many night’s listening to the stars. It had only been three weeks, after her first few days once settling into the castle, did she get her first chance. It was then when she realized this was a different world from Equestria. Perhaps a different planet, but most likely a different demension.

Information the troll’s figured out a lot sooner than she would have liked. Luckly, she didn’t have to lie when she said she didn’t know anything else about it. If Luna hadn’t even once brought up a time Starswirled explored mirror portals, she wouldn’t have even guessed that this was a different dimension.

She wonder how Luna was doing. Was she doing alright? Did she really miss her that much? Possibly, but it wasn’t as if she couldn’t make other friends. Was she even looking for her? Or perhaps if did, but had long since given up.

Snowdrop placed her head on her hooves. These were too many questions, and know of them were getting her mind off of today's events. As she laid down, she felt the snow pendent brush onto her hooves. So with a smile, she sat back up and gave her present a tap and looked back up towards the sky.

“Looking at anything good?” A raspy voice spoke.

Snowdrop blinked and turned her head in the direction of the sound. “Huh?”

“Or were you thinking of something?” Snowdrop heard Elsa say as she took several steps towards her.

Snowdrop stood up. “Elsa! What are you doing awake?”

“I could ask you the same thing.” She felt Elsa sit on the ground next to her.

Elsa look upon Snowdrop and back to the sky.

“You really need the rest,” Snowdrop protested.

Elsa chuckled. “And I shall.” She took in a breath. “Just had to releave myself when I noticed you up here looking up into space.”

Snowdrop’s lips curled upwards. “Why yes, the pink elephants and blue tigers sure know how to waltz.”

Elsa’s eyes narrowed. “Pink el…” She blinked several times. When she looked back down at Snowdrop, she noticed the little filly snickering. “Very funny, Snowdrop.” She nuzzled Snowdrop’s head.

Snowdrop shrugged. “Though it be better than the whole ‘poor Snowdrop is trying to see when she can’t’ deal.’” She looked up to Elsa. “It get’s older than you think.”

Elsa frowned. “I was not… Though, were you?”

Snowdrop stood up. “As a mater of fact,” she proudly pointed to the clear night sky, “I was listening to the stars.”

Elsa titled her head. “You can do that?”

Snowdrop sat back down and looked up. “It’s not easy, but if you’re really quite, you can hear them twinkling.”

“Huh…” Elsa looked up at the sky, and held her breath. It was a beautiful night sky, but she heard nothing but the occasional rushel of the wind on the trees. She tried to squint her eyes, tilted her head, but heard nothing.

“No luck?” Snowdrop question.

Elsa sighed.

“Don’t worry,” Snowdrop chuckled, “ it’s not as easy as I make it sound to be. My mom said you have to be really patient.”

Elsa looked away.

When she didn’t respond, Snowdrop added, “Thanks for the party. Meant a lot.”

It was Elsa turn to smirk. “Even if it was not your birthday?”

Snowdrop tensed.

“Yes,” Elsa nodded, “ I was not that tired.”

Snowdrop slumped onto her belly. “How much did you hear?”

“Pretty much all of it.” Elsa scratched her neck. “I suppose I should not have been snooping that night, so the party was the least I could do.”

Snowdrop’s head faced the other way. “So I gues you know my mother’s—”

“Dead? Yes.” Elsa held her hands to her knees. “ However, if I am honest… I had a feeling for a while now.”

Snowdrop turned her head back to Elsa. “You did?”

“Nothing I could prove, but the way you would avoid talking about Equestria and your family, how you would sabotage the troll’s progress.”

Snowdrop tensed.

Elsa chucked. “Again, you are not as sneaky as you think.” Elsa face flattened. “Do you not want to go home?”

Snowdrop bit her lip. “I… I don’t know. I mean, Equestrias my home, but, none of the other ponies my age were very nice. The only had one true friend was Luna. Though, before I came here, I sort of felt like we weren't spending as much time together as we use to. Which I understand, she’s a princess, but still…”

Elsa began to lean in, then, pulled Snowdrop into a hug.

Snowdrop sighed and rested her head on Elsa’s lap. “I just don’t know, Elsa.”

Elsa generally ran fingers through Snowdrop’s mane. “Neither would I. However, just know, as long as you are here…” She took in a long breath. “You can… Can…” she looked down to see snowdrop staring up at her with her pale eyes. “You can consider yourself my family.”

She winched at the words, fearful that she may have stepped to far, until snowdrop buried her head into Elsa's chest. “You mean it?”

Elsa smiley slowly, but surly, widened. “Of course.”

Snowdrop began to chuckle.

“What is funny?”

Snowdrop happily sighed. “Well… Anna and I were just joking about you being more or less my mom.”

The pair became deathly silent. Till Elsa breath, “Well, I…”

Snowdrops ears feel flat.

Elsa quickly responded. “It is not as if it is a bad idea, but snowdrop, you have to understand, I…” She what? Had what excuse? She had a kingdom to run? Was worried that she would become like her parents and was fearful of that?

‘Or am i really just a coward?’ she thought to herself.

Snowdrop pulled free of the hug. “You’re right.” She chuckled nervously. While Not upset, “I guess it would have been too forward.”

Not wanting to end the note on a bad note, she pulled Snowdrop into a tight hug, and closed her eyes. “No, Snowdrop, don’t think I don’t want you. I do. You mean a lot to me.”

Snowdrop sighed in Elsa’s grip. “I know… Though maybe we should just both sleep on this?”

Elsa loosened her grip. “Perhaps.”

They sat besides each other, until Elsa said, “Perhaps we should head to bed. Would not want you to be staying up too late now.”

Snowdrop nodded. “The same could be said for you, you know.”

Elsa chuckled. “Yes. Now come on.” She picked Snowdrop up into her hands. Who let out a yawn as her eyes drifted off.

“Thank you…” Snowdrop mummered, drifted off to sleep.

Smiling, Elsa made her way down, whispering, “sweet dreams, Snowdrop.”

*****

Down below in the castle, two trolls were boardly twirling pencils as they struggled to figure out where to go with their research on getting Snowdrop home.

“We could try butter.”

The other troll raised an eyebrow. “Butter?”

“Well, what else would you try?”

The opposing troll punch her in the shoulder. Said troll reeled back into a shelf. This in turn, caused a few papers to tumble down onto his head. “why you…” he paused as on one the papers landed in his face. “HEY! These are some of the files I’d though you lost.”

“‘I’, lost?!”

“Well whoever lost it…” He raced to the table and wrote a few things down, then few some dust into a blow. A flash of blue light later, and they began to jump with joy. “You know, I think we got something.”

“Oh won’t they be pleased?”

Author's Note:

going a lot slower than i liked with other projects, but i'm getting there. Thanks for sticking around

Comments ( 15 )

7724186 forgot about the fan fiction for awhile... sorry

Progress on reaching Equestria? Nice.

Haha
Pink elelphants

7786954 bout time someone got it >.<
Thank you

I hope this isn't dead.

I somehow have a plushie of snow drop but I didn't buy it.:pinkiegasp:

Please continue

I hope this returns someday.

I hope we'll have another update someday!

9955391
I agree! It's been so long, and still incomplete!

I just got done reading the others that I started yesterday.

I remember reading a while back, hope to see more someday. Noticed profile has been logged in. Maybe some hope?

10863305
Not likely…
However;

ESunset Shimmer Discovers Her Feet
Little mermaid Sunset Shimmer Crossover... oh and shipping somewhere in there ❤️
TheOneAJ · 26k words  ·  43  10 · 3.2k views
Login or register to comment