• Published 7th May 2014
  • 2,515 Views, 42 Comments

Pinkie Pie, I Love You - The Orange Nebula



As the sun sets and it comes time to close up Sugar Cube Corner, Pinkie Pie recives a letter from a secret admirer.

  • ...
1
 42
 2,515

Pinkie Pie, I Love You

“Alright, I hope you two have a super duper extra awesome night!!!” yelled Pinkie as the last two customers of the day left Sugar Cube Corner, giving a final wave and smile before closing the glass door behind them. It had finally gotten dark outside, Mr. and Mrs. Cake were on vacation with the kids and Pinkie had been left in charge of the bakery during their absence. Surprisingly, the building hadn’t collapsed yet while under her supervision.

Pinkie let out a yawn, “Welp, better close up shop,” she chimed to herself, flipping the ‘open’ sign to ‘closed’. But as the bouncing pink mare was about to jump upstairs and hit the hay, a noise from behind grabbed her attention. A white envelope fell from the mail slot on the door, falling to the ground like that of an autumn leaf.

Pinkie turned in a heartbeat, eyeing the letter. She bounced over to it for further examination. In big pink letters, the envelope read, ‘For Pinkie Pie’.

“Oooooo! A letter for me!?” the pink mare exclaimed, jumping at unrealistic heights out of pure delight. “Maybe I won a prize! Or maybe its candy! Or-“ But Pinkie’s guesses came to a halt as she tore open the envelope, revealing a simple, hoof written letter. A tad disappointed but still curious, she rested her big blue eyes upon the paper, reading the contents of every word.

+++

Sometimes, I get kind of down. No, that’s an understatement. I get straight up depressed. My whole world just topples over now and then, my mind spilling to the floor and spreading amongst the land like an ocean of thought and imagination. When my entire mind flows out so suddenly like that, it takes time to recover it all, regain the creativity that has left me. Easier said than done.

To earn what has been lost takes patience, effort, and work. But most of all, confidence. That is something I severely lack sometimes. My bones tend to ache and my innards fall in on themselves when I run out of energy.

My friends tell me to try, grow some muscle and do something about it, but I have doubts in myself, and I feel anything I try remains to this day as nothing but a failure. I have been pressured, pushed, and demanded to take action during these times of weakness, but I lack strength. I lack a lot.

I still remember that day though, the day something just snapped inside. The day I saw you. The day you came into my peripheral vision, slowing advancing towards the iris, now standing atop my pupil, taking control of my vision, earning my attention. Your slow, leisurely march into my world was something of true fantasy.

Day by day, you overpowered me, stealing my eyes, my ears, my mind, my soul, my heart. I own nothing now, and to be honest, I’m glad for that.

You have brought upon feelings I have never felt before, feelings that explode within me, illuminating my heart with a spectacular light show of fireworks. The bursts and pops of red, pink, blue, green, glowing in my ribcage, brightening me from the inside out, granting me a new look upon the world, a new kind of view.

In a matter of months, you placed my universe, my entire being into your palm, molding it, bending it, twisting it. Turning it into something of truly brilliant proportions. The funny thing is, you don’t even know how much of an effect you really are on me.

I yearn to do something more than just stop by and say hello. I only want to say the words, the words that have swarmed my mind for a long time now… I love you.

Alas, my tongue is tied, my mouth glued shut by the mighty force of fear, its strong grip clamping my lips, imprisoning the words I have dreamed of announcing to the world. Fear is a tyrant, a mercifulness being that dictates when and how we act. But like all dictatorships, they can be overthrown. All it takes is a little courage. Something I lack.

Tonight I plan on bringing down the might that is fear; I will no longer allow him to prevent me from acting. Sadly, even after what feels like an epic victory over this foe, I still wear battle scars and bruises, denting my heart and mind. The carvings that mark my confidence have wounded me, so I shall not express myself through verbal speech, but through literature. These are my words; this is what I wish to say.

Pinkie Pie, I love you.

+++

Silence reigned over the bakery, Pinkie stood dumbfound at the letter before her. What does this mean? Who could this be? She scanned her eyes across the paper a million times, praying for a name, an address, a code, anything. Nothing. It ended with that single sentence.

Pinkie Pie, I love you.

She couldn’t help but feel tears welling up in the corners of her eyes. She never really had a fascination for stallions, but this, this opened her eyes to something far greater than she could have ever imagined. No pony had ever spoken to her this way, and the only love Pinkie knew was that of her parents, sisters, and friends. But these feeling that swam inside bubbled like a cauldron pot of emotion. So much to take in, so little time.

She had to know who this pony was, she had to. She yearned to feel this way with some pony else. Without thinking, Pinkie ran into the dark of night, spinning circles around the empty town square, praying that somepony would be out there to answer her calls of desperation.

“Hello!” she cried, “Is anypony here! Please! I want to talk to you! Please please please please!!!”

She couldn’t take it, falling to her haunches, wallowing in her own pity. Pinkie wanted to know who wrote this, she needed to know.

No pony answered her calls that night. But to this day, Pinkie waits with undying love for her secret admirer to reveal himself. She doesn’t know when or how it will happen. But she knows it will.

To this day she keeps that letter hidden away from all others, looking over it every night, reading that final sentence in her mind over and over again.

Pinkie Pie, I love you.

Comments ( 42 )

This is very Premium =^^= Short but i enjoyed reading it. after all, Pinkie pie is best pony :pinkiehappy:

This is a really good story, but it felt kind of bittersweet at the end... Still won't stop me from adding it to my favorites list! I do think that you could add at least one more chapter though.

The feels... oh my goodness the feels.. I hope she finds her admirer soon...

I feel as if I would likely take the same path that this unnamed admirer would. :heart: I adore Pinkie too much not to tell her, but I am fairly certain that we wouldn't be compatible, if only because I'm an uninteresting person.

Hrm.. You'd think Pinkie Pie would throw a "You love me and I want to meet you" party.

Silly Pinkie.

Seagulls.

Kind of depressing, but ok. This story accomplishes what it sets out to accomplish...but, I can't really say that I like it.

A few wordos, but a nice little one-shot. Have a like.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I DEMAND MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

This deserves a sequel! We must know who Pinkie's secret admirer is! WE MUST! :pinkiecrazy:

Orange, my friend, we need more of this BUT it could do with some spell-checking:trixieshiftright: too.

Pinkie had been left in charge of the bakery during their absents.

It should be absence.

To earn what has been lost takes patients,

This should be patience
But other than these, brilliant and needs a sequel! :rainbowwild:

4354967 Thank you so much for calling that out.... I'm in dire need of an editor.... :twilightblush:

4354985 Well, I'm open to help.:pinkiehappy: also it's dire. :derpytongue2:

4354992
I think that proves my point... :/

4354996 Yeah it does, but I'm here should you need my help. :pinkiesmile:

Good stuff but sad ending....

We know Pinkie pie and we know she can possibly find this stallion.
Do you know what I mean? Sequel!:pinkiehappy:

4354411 SEQUEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSS WOOP WOOP :rainbowlaugh:

This is truly one of the most powerful short story I have read. You have managed to catch my attention. You have made me wish for more. Thank you for this piece of literature. :pinkiesmile::heart:

She never really had a fascination for stallion’s

Should be stallions.

But other than that, I LOVE this story!

4357741 Thanks for calling that out! And I'm glad you liked it! :)

This is lovely and insta faved. There is just one thing that I didn't like in the story. The complete tag.

4354996 I beg of you, please make a sequel or at least another chapter, for the love of Celestia and all that is holy, please make another chapter :fluttercry::pinkiesad2:

This is one of the best M.L.P. one shots I’ve read in a long time. You clearly have a talent with the written word; I would highly recommend this piece to all my friends. I just have one small problem, and it may just be me . . . But that problem is the letter.

I know, that sounds like a bizarre thing to critique. Considering the letter made up 75% of the story, and I’ve openly admitted this story was written well, why would I complain about the letter? Well, to be perfectly honest, that’s just it.

The letter was written too well.

When the letter began, I wasn’t aware. There was very little to distinguish the letter from the narrative. Again, this could just as well be me, but when I read Pinkie “rested her big blue eyes upon the paper, reading the contents of every word”, saw a page break, and then read “sometimes, I get kind of down”, I just assumed that time had passed, the narrative was switching to first person, and that the narrator, Pinkie’s secret admirer, was talking directly to the audience. It wasn’t until I read “the day I saw you” that I realized something was wrong, and it probably took me half a minute before I finally figured out it was me.

But I digress; again, the problem was probably my own. I just feel that, if you started the letter with “Dear Pinkie” or disguised the letter with italics, this piece might be easier to read.

Other than that, this story is great! I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this piece (especially the ending), and for that, I applaud you. I will definitely be giving you thumbs up, and I will be keeping an eye on you and your future works. Good job!

4358579 Yeah, I can see how some may find that confusing. I'll see if there is anyway to make the letter seem more clear. Thanks for reading though! :)

Uhmm... am I the only one who got a kinda creepy vibe from the letter? Like a stalkerish vibe?

I mean, I get what the author was going for, but to me this whole thing seemed a little un-realistic.

Not that I didn't like it, hooray for the ultra-introvert and all that, but Pinkie wasn't at all concerned that some stallion who had never even spoken to her was swearing his love for her? And even more so, wanted to return the feelings?

I don't know, the whole thing felt kinda off to me.
...
Still upvoting and faving, who knows maybe the sequel will star some stalker changeling anxious to feed off our favorite pink party pony.
(if Orange doesn't do that, I've got dibs)

Comment posted by The Orange Nebula deleted Jan 17th, 2015

my entire being into your palm

I think you meant hoof

Every once in a while, a piece of literature comes around that is good.

This story is not that. It goes far beyond that. This is hands down the most brillant piece of fanfiction to have been written recently.

You have gone well bryond just touching my heart. You punched me right in the feels.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

4438826 WOW. Thank you so much for your kind hearted words. I too am a fan of your writing and I am thrilled to know you enjoy mine as well. I am so glad you liked it! :)

Dude, you have earned a like and a fav.

Wow.. I was listening to phantom of the opera, the peter hollens version, while I read this... It's just so perfect. :fluttershbad:
Song I mean...

Wow I now feel super bad about myself I've wanted to say things to a girl like that for a long time, I guess its because I am the guy who gives great relationship advice, but stays single. Great job man, best piece of writing I have ever read man, cause me to shed a manly tear

4442489
I've sorta got the same problem but I still refuse to speak

Short but very sweet and romantic.

Literature is my life.... I live, love and think through words... So when I find a piece of literature like this, it kind of kills me on the inside...

Something breaks inside of me when I read these types of stories... Something always does...

(This means a like and Favourite ;) )

DAMMIT!!!! I WANT MORE!!!!!

It says the sequel does not exist... WHAT THE HAY!?!?!?
But you do deserve a like.. Here ya go!

km.pccpl.ac.th/files/120510088365680_1303190440228.jpg

5764561 Yeah, nonexistent sequel? What the buck? I'd like an explanation.

Well that was a thing of beauty, I'm gonna go get an ice pack for my feels.

I don't think that I liked this story. The letter felt like a genuinely poorly written letter of admiration that one might get from someone who is too afraid to act on their feelings, yet unwilling to let the person go without knowing that they're being watched; it felt creepy. And the fact that Pinkie invested so much hope into the letter, when it was made clear that the author wouldn't ever come forth, was sad, but maybe not in the way that it was intended.

Login or register to comment