• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 6,648 Views, 171 Comments

Pod BOY: My Little Tony - Krazy Stargazer



In the middle of a thunderstorm Rainbow Dash finds a mysterious pod with a Strange Occupant.

  • ...
16
 171
 6,648

A Hop Skip and Lightyears away

~~~Meanwhile on Tony's Homeworld
This place was once lush and full of life, but that was long ago. Now the landscape is barren and dotted with the vintage remains of lost civilization. An endless desert as far as the eye can see. Interrupted only by the occasional cloud of dust swept up by the wind, and ragged remains of foliage.

Suddenly a loud explosion is heard destroying the silence.

Two hooded figures are chatting over the radio, they had been anticipating this. They're talking excitedly about capturing the last of "them". One of the hooded figures had spotted earlier something with his binoculars several large explosions going off in one of the "planted" sectors. That could only mean one thing, their trap had been sprung! Excited the pair raced off in their vehicles to the site of their trap.

It was a graveyard of machinery of all types. Many types of vehicles, appliances and several other features of a lost age. On any other day the two might have taken the time to scavenge but today they had a much larger goal in mind. In spite of their excitement, they still traveled cautiously. Finally, they approached what they were looking for in the center of the junkyard. The pair eye each other and then with trepidation grabs a device from his person and with a mixture of caution, and excitement contacts their commander.

"We've got it. We've gotten the last of them."


~~~Miles away...in an undisclosed location

Lieutenant Issac Crowley, was a rather unseemly man. If one were partial to judging based on appearances one would assume that the man currently draped in a cold, dark bunker pouring over maps and diagrams looked extremely lanky and malnourished almost as if the man had not eaten in weeks. His silver eyes that once held a fierce gleam seemed dull instead. His jacket was perhaps one of the only indicators that this man was once a highly respected and powerful individual. It was positively littered with metals and medallions; some containing a story, a strategy, and a victory.

Other metals brought only the memory of pain dismay, and fear for the burden placed upon him. One could almost mistake Crowley for a scarecrow draped with a decorative jacket if they did not personally know the man. Then there is a rumbling from his communicator. Begrudgingly he eyes the device, loathe to be separated from his dioramas and maps. Suddenly, he is risen from his crane-like stupor and excitedly heads to the site, grabbing Chief of Technology, Alicia Page with him. She was busy too, but when the Lieutenant explained what his scouts had found she knew that she had to go see for herself. They grabbed their custom military-grade vehicle and drove out to the sight. What a sight it was.

In the junkyard, they hear the familiar angry mechanical whirling of the Tri-drones. Then they see it. The mechanical menace stands nearly 60 feet tall, with writhing tentacles and with 8 burning red eyes. By now an entire battalion is ready and armed at the site eyeing the mechanical creature with venom. Issac and Alicia watch contemplatively as one of the rangers asks if they should "finish it". Issac lets out a small, careful smile and gives the order. At that moment a squad of rangers line up their Weaponized Thermal Ray Guns (WTRG's) and unleash unholy hell on the thing. The mechanical monstrosity writhes under the brutal assault uttering an unearthly wail, before finally stopping, with its eight eye-like vectors going dim. Issac taps his feet together twice and floats up using his rocket-powered boots. With a swift and brutal motion yanks out one of its eyes and yells for all of the Resistance to hear "IT IS OVER!"

The stationed camera's at the site had been recording and broadcasting the whole event. Thus, around the world cheers of joy and elation could be heard. For the first time in what felt like forever, it finally felt like the people of the planet not only had a chance at surviving, but had a chance for the future. As of this day they were no longer under the cruel tyranny on the mechanical menace. After all the fighting and planning it was finally over. The people of the Earth could finally live with hope in their hearts now that the enemy had been vanquished. Or so they thought.

Alicia watches with a bemused expression, technically the conflict had been over for several months now, yet there was symbolism to finding the last Pod and wiping it out. However, she knew that this feeling couldn't last, for she knew the truth, this world would not last much longer.

Alicia watched Issac floating above the monster, with a triumphant expression. She almost swore that his eyes gleamed the way they use too...back in the old days. He wasn't usually the type to be in the spotlight but Alicia suspected that he secretly enjoyed the moment. However, she glanced at the now "dead" machine with contempt, the conflict wasn't over yet. The Tri-pods may have presented a clear and visible danger but it was their "invisible" danger that was truly dangerous.

"This isn't over yet. The fighting might be over but the "fight" isn't" Alicia muttered to herself.

So among a planet rejoicing, Alicia stood the only one aware of the terrible truth.

~~~~~
Meanwhile... in a place beyond definition
~~~~~
Three impossibly tall beings with large bulbous pitch black eyes, observe the globe with deep intent.

"It would seem that this one is worth watching and maintaining," said one of the figures gesturing toward one of their projections. His booming, loud voice echoed in an eerie manner. Yet, his companions hardly seemed to have noticed.

"This outcome was well within our calculations though. What far intrigues me is the other one." replies a stoic voice.

"Well let us give them some credit. They have come a long way, they at the very least deserve some recognition for that fact" said a female voice. Her voice was by far the most empathetic yet...

"Your attempts to be more humane are juvenile and unwarranted," the stotic voice stated simply. His voice held so little personality that talking to the "Stotic one" it would be like listening to the wind.

The "Female one" simply let out a mock gesture of shock, leading the "Booming One"to let out a deep chuckle.

"Then let us return our attention to our other subject. I'm curious how the permutations will change" The loud one said, and with a wave of his long hands the projection they changed to a globe of Equestria.

"Now the experiment "truly" begins," the stotic one said.

~~~~~
Meanwhile in Equestria.
~~~~

Fluttershy opened the door to her cabin and let out a slight sigh of relief. She had put up a brave front today, going out into town and meeting other ponies, but now she was safe and sound in her home surrounded by all her friends. Unbeknownst to her, a pair of eyes were steadily trained right on the unsuspecting pegasus. Then suddenly in a flash of movement her unseen assailant sprung!

"Harry!" Fluttershy said happily "Oh I'm happy to be home too." She then proceeded to give the grizzly bear a great big hug.

"I've had quite the day...I was nearly crushed by books!"

Harry let out a concerned gasp and immediately scooped her up in his large paws as if to defend her from the big, bad world.

Fluttershy let out a gentle giggle, but gently wiggled her way free she had other obligations at the moment. She and Harry proceeded to go over to each animal and check on how they were doing. Most of the animals were content, Fluttershy was very attentive to their needs and wants. Then turned her attention to her newest charge, Tony.

He was currently enjoying a brief nap cuddled with Angel Bunny and his favorite plushie "Commander Firefly. With Tony's energy, it was a nap that was undoubtedly deserved. Harry the bear and Fluttershy were now left to their own devices with everyone occupied, a rare moment indeed in Fluttershy's cottage. Fluttershy decided to take this time to do a little bit of research. Her interaction with Lyra had piqued her interest.

Lyra's descriptions of humans were nearly a direct match with Tony. Fluttershy considered the unicorn's descriptions thoughtfully. In a way, it made sense that she had never heard of the term "human". Fluttershy was far more concerned with animals in reality than those of speculation. Still to think, that she would be taking care of a "mythical" creature was astounding.

She looked at Tony and considered the infant. She wondered what his parent's or what his kin was like. Lyra said that they had all sorts of weird gadgets, some were strong enough to compete with Dragons! Others were dazzling enough to confound even unicorn scholars.

Tony certainly didn't seem like that. Although, she noticed he had a curiosity, unlike any creature she had encountered. He was always trying to grab things with his tiny little hands.

Also, during the short time she knew him, she also noticed that he seemed to learn rather quickly. Tony would figure out, where Angel Bunny would hide during their little games rather quickly. He also got into mischief once or twice. He had figured out how to unlock some of the enclosures! Luckily her animals were such sweethearts and would never harm a hair on his head. On another note, he also managed to sneak his way into her pantry for a treat once or twice while she wasn't looking. Although, whether or not that was more due to Angel Bunny's influence the caretaker couldn't tell.

However, when she looked at him recently she couldn't help but begin to see him more as...a filly...as a young pony.

Fluttershy never really gave much thought into motherhood, but she was beginning to understand the feeling more and more.

"I wonder if this is how Rainbow Dash felt when she first saw Tony?" Fluttershy murmured to herself.

~~~~
Speaking of Rainbow Dash...
~~~~
Rainbow Dash was nearly out of the forest by now. Finding the pod had taken longer than she anticipated and its contents were strange and foreign to her. Even after spending a considerable amount of time fiddling with the devices she still wasn't sure what a lot of them even did.

Then... there was that ominous message. Who or whatever the hologram was it was obviously not Equestrian.

"Well there goes my hope this was all some sort of super, secret government experiment" she chuckled.

Still, the figure reminded her of a Wonderbolt in a way. The uniform and the way he carried himself...it seemed like the figure was some sort of soldier. Now the question was...what did the soldier have to do with Tony?

The best Rainbow could figure...the alien soldier must have sent Tony off somewhere he thought Tony would be safe. Based on the message is sounded like Tony's home was kinda wrecked, and she frowned at the thought. Rainbow Dash knew that if something happened to Cloudsdale that she would be devastated. Poor, Tony was an orphan with no way to go back home.

"So I'll just have to be a better role model then," Rainbow said trying the psyche herself up.

She was nearing the cottage now...she would have to tell Fluttershy everything...this was going to be hard.

Rainbow took a deep breath and entered the cottage.

~~~~~

Lyra Heartstrings was in a particularly good mood. Admittedly she had reservations about dropping everything and going off to Ponyville in search of one of the mythical "humans" she heard about as a filly. In spite of everything Lyra really felt that her investigation was onto a good start. The unicorn already had a possible source, her new acquaintance Fluttershy. The timid pegasus might just be able to help Lyra uncover the truth behind things.

The library also had a lot of information. There were maps and news clippings, all the perfect materials to look into the mysterious occurrences in the Everfree. Granted she suddenly found herself carrying quite a load, turns out words may not hurt you but they sure are heavy!

Lyra grunted with visible effort trying to drag her bounty along her way. Ponies would walk past with visible looks of confusion but would more than likely just continue trotting along. Honestly, Lyra was kinda hoping some pony might help her out but based on the expressions from everyponies faces it looked like that wasn't going to be an option.

"Geeze wouldn't it be great to have a little bit of help with all this?" Lyra wandered out loud, hoping to evoke some sort of response. For a second it seemed like no one had heard the poor unicorn, then suddenly she heard a soft, delicate "ahem".

The voice came from an unlikely source, it was a regal looking unicorn, who looked far more like a pony she'd meet in Canterlot than in a place like Ponyville. Indeed, she even had an ensemble that was straight out of a fashion magazine, an ornate, race hat paired with a stylish set of sunglases.

"Why darling you're approach is all off. Here allow me." the unicorn said with poise and precision. Then with a dramatic wave of her mane, the ivory unicorn let out a feminine sigh "Oh my if only there were some, big, strong stallion that could possibly help my dear friend."

Lyra was dumbstruck, partially because she couldn't believe there was any pony gutsy enough to try something like that. Even more confounding it worked! Suddenly a couple of the stallions walking past stopped dead in their tracks and galloped straight toward her load of research. Now they were fighting over who would have the "honor" of carrying her luggage.

The ivory unicorn must have seen Lyra's face because she giggled slightly "it's all about the flourish darling." With that, the mysterious unicorn trotted off.

"Flourish huh... I gotta remember that" Lyra said thoughtfully. If nothing else this town was filled to the brim with interesting pones. Suddenly her pondering was interrupted.

"Err excuse me miss? Where do you want all this stuff?" asked one of the stallions that were currently straining under the weight of her luggage.

"That...is a good question" Lyra admitted. The crowd of stallions holding her luggage all groaned. "Okay, okay give me a second okay? You all volunteered after all." They grumbled irritably still but admitted quieted down.

"Now...where can I stay for the night?" A hotel wouldn't do, she needed someplace where she could reside for a while and compile her research. She needed someone who wouldn't mind her lodging either. She briefly considered Fluttershy but remembered how timid she was, Lyra barging in demanding to live in her place would probably terrify the poor girl.

Suddenly a familiar aroma crossed her sent. It smelt like freshly made candies! Just like that Lyra knew exactly who she could stay with. "Alright boy's follow me, and follow that amazing smell!"

~~~~

Ponyville's Premiere Party Pony had been rather restless for several day's now. Ever since that weird lightning storm the other days, her uncanny scenes had been on high alert, and now it was happening again! Somepony, somewhere desperately needed a party and by Celestia, she was going to give them one!

However, in spite of the fact that every instinct in her body was telling her otherwise, the party would have to wait Sugercube Corner was still open, and they still had customers. Yet, the pink earth pony promised to herself that the moment she was free she was going to begin preparations immediately!

Just then the door swung open. Revealing a mint green unicorn, and a pack of stallions trailing behind her carrying a ridiculously large stack of luggage. Such an odd sight might have caused any ordinary pony to pause in bewilderment, but not Ponyville's Premiere Party Pony. No, she could tell this was exactly what she was waiting for!

~~~~

Lyra looked curiously at the store before her a bit puzzled. Instead of a candy store, it was a bakery, someplace called "SugerCube Corner". She tapped her foot in thought "Well this doesn't seem right..."

"So we carried this all the way here for nothing?!" on of the stallions whined.

"Oh shush you. I figured the smell would bring me to that one pony..."

Suddenly the door barged open, there was a flash of pink and suddenly a pair of baby blue eyes were just inches away from her own "HIIIYA! My names Pinkie Pie!"

Lyra lept back in utter surprise "Gahh! Geeze don't do that! You nearly scared me out of my fur!"

"Oppsie dasie" the pink pony said cheerfully, "I'm super duper sorry. It's just that I've been waiting for this all week! I just knew somepony new was coming to town. But then nopony came! And then I said that's super weird, somepony new is most definitely coming to Ponyville! And here you are! I'm so excited! Are you excited?"

"Uh...sure?" to be honest Lyra only caught every other word of the excitable ponies little dialogue.

"Great!" the Pink Pony exclaimed in pure joy, then suddenly she gasped as if she had just realized something terrible "I just realized we have so much to prepare for!" Then as quick as she appeared she suddenly vanished, leaving Lyra utterly stunned.

Lyra looked to the stallions still holding her luggage for any sort of explanation, and was met with shrugs "Yea even we don't know what goes on in that particular Earth Ponies head half of the time."

Suddenly the pink pony appeared in a flash again, "Oh im gonna need these guys to help out with the preparations. Okay? Thankies! Bye!" and then she was gone and so were some of the stallions carrying the luggage!

Now there was just Lyra and two other stallions left standing utterly baffled outside the bakery.

"I say we skedaddle before she poof's back here!" one stallion suggested.

"Eyuup!" agreed with a red stallion.

"Sounds good!" Lyra concurred, and in a flash, the three were in a dead sprint away from the strangeness that was SugarCube Corner and it's strange pink occupant.

~~~~~

All three were exhausted, and gasping for breath.

"Did...did we lose her?" asked one of the stallions.

Lyra was too exhausted to answer, trying to recollect her witts. Looking around Lyra realized she was right where she needed to be. "This is the place, guys. Thanks for all the help but I can take it from here."

With that, she levitated the luggage and entered Bonbon's Candy Emporium.

The two stallions looked rather conflicted about the situation, relieved that their little excursion was over but kinda disappointed in the results.

"You know what...next time im gonna keep walking," one stallion said before walking off in a huff.

"Eyup" agreed the red stallion. Besides this little distraction was interrupting his work schedule, now he was sure he was gonna get an earful from his sister. He sighed and began walking back home, to Sweet Apple Acres.

~~~~~

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were reconvening, what they had discovered. Rainbow was surprised to hear that Fluttershy had found someone who was investigating the strange lightning and she was even more surprised that this "investigator" was specifically looking for a creature that seemed to resemble Tony a little too much for her liking. Rainbow wasn't sure she trusted this "investigator" but Fluttershy seemed to trust this pony, and considering how difficult a feat that was Rainbow supposed she should keep an open mind.

Fluttershy, on the other hand, could feel her heart drop when Rainbow relayed the message the pod gave her. To think that Tony might be the last of his kind? The idea was too sad to even think about.

"To think that poor little Tony might be the last of his kind?" the yellow pegasus said weeping slightly. Rainbow covered a wing over her friends back in comfort.

"Yea...but hey we don't know if Tony's the last. Could be they got things all figures out whatever he came from."

"I...I guess that's true.."

"Yea! Anyways that pod thingy has all sorts of doo-dadds and thing-a-migiggers. Maybe one of them can do...something? But I'll be darned if I can understand any of it..."

Suddenly a light bulb went off in Fluttershy's head "Maybe...you don't have too."

"Huh? Why not?" Rainbow inquired not really getting what Fluttershy was insinuating.

"I think...I think the unicorn I meet in the library might know a thing or two about the pod Tony came from..." Fluttershy said explaining her plan. Rainbow was silent for a moment.

"Flutters...you just meet this pony..."

"I know...I'm not saying we show her Tony or anything drastic.... She was asking if I could give her a tour of the Everfree...I could maybe lead her to the pod and..."

"and she can look at the pod and tell us about it, without us telling her about Tony!" Rainbow exclaimed finally connecting the dotts. Fluttershy blushed but nodded "Yea...if you think it's a good idea that it...."

"Whelp...I think that having somepony who knows about Tony's kind as a...whats the word...detective? Yea, I think having sompony as our own personal Tony detective could be super useful."

However, Rainbow pauses to gather her thoughts and continues "But...I don't think we should tell this unicorn buddy of yours about Tony just yet. We can just lead her to the pod and ask her questions about what she thinks of the thing."

Fluttershy nodded in understanding "Right of course. I'll be super careful"

"Whep it's about time to take the little tyke home." Rainbow trotted up to the sleeping toddler and gently scooped him up into her embrace "you know if we do manage to send him back...I think I'd miss him alot. Funny huh?"

With that the two now had a new plan and it all hinged on this new visitor to Ponyville.

~~~~~

The three amorphous, tall beings looked at their monitor with a variety of expressions.

"These Equines are very interesting," said the female one finally.

"They are far too trusting," the stotic one said in his usual monotone voice, "they should be more pragmatic in a situation like this."

"Not everyone is as logical as you" the one with the booming voice pointed out "I'm sure you've already seen all the possible ways this can go?"

The stotic one was silent.

"Oh is there a piece of the puzzle that eludes even your great mind?" said the one with eh booming voice, in a tone bordering on amusement.

"No...I see the possibilities...but they are not in focus like before..." this time the stotic one's voice betrayed an emotion the group had never thought they'd ever hear from him, fear.

"You're thinking too literally. This is just an iteration...one of many. We have been over the same routine time and time again. There is no significant deviation here, you are just hung up on the details" explained the feminine one.

"Perhaps...perhaps not. We should continue to monitor the situation until all calculations have been accounted for."

"Well we have nothing but time I suppose," the female voice pointed out.

"Was that suppose to be humorous?" The loud one inquired in an irritated tone "If so then your technique is severely lacking."

"Well...what about this Lyra Heartstrings? What do we think of her?" The female voice said changing the subject.

The loud one considered the question for a moment and then answered, "If she interferes...and becomes a nuisance..." His eyes glowed a dark shade of red, at the implication "Well I don't have to tell you...do I?"

"You're being too brash. I sense no danger from the wannabe detective. Her kind is far too primitive to pose any real threat." the stotic one stated as calmly as if he were reciting an equation. "No, the danger is their influence on the subject."

"So would it not be better to terminate the experiment and start over?" Inquired the one with the loud voice.

"If this iteration happened once, it's bound to happen again. It would be best to discover the reason why this iteration is unfolding the way it is before doing anything hasty" the feminine one chimed in.

"Indeed, I should also note that it well within my calculations that these Equines will be quite advantageous if applied correctly..."

"But if things get out of hand..." the loud one urged, there was longing in his voice. He wanted, no he needed to here his compatriots say it.

"If the experiment becomes to risky I shall terminate it" the stotic one said without skipping a beat.

"That is all I ask." the loud one said somewhat placated "Doesn't mean we can't still explore this iteration of course. These equines are still proving to be interesting. A shame really, they should have done what any rational creature would have done when encountering a strange new life-form...they should have destroyed it."

The other two figures nodded in agreement. True the equines would have felt the three's collective wrath but it would have been a fare gentler fate than what their new visitor would inflict upon them.

"A shame. Their world would have gone completely undisturbed too if it wasn't for this iterations strange defect. Yet, it can't be helped, the mission comes first."

The other two nodded "The Mission First, forever and always."

Author's Note:

Wow some actual development!
Okay so admittedly I'm playing my hand a bit here. But I was kind of in a rut as to how to progress the story...so in order to progress I kind of had to break my own rules a bit. However, I think I've laid out most of the premise for the "endgame" right here in this chapter.

I think you guys are pretty clever so If you do have theories try not to spoil anyone unless they specifically ask your opinion okay?:pinkiehappy:

I've also decided to start moving the wheel on the timeline of events in Ponyville a bit. I think I mentioned this but as of this moment the story currently takes place a few months to a year prior to Twilight coming to Ponyville.:twilightsheepish:

So I wanted to start this chapter off with a different point of view. Namely Tony's former home. Looks like it's seen better days:fluttercry: This Issac Crowley fella, and Alicia Page...I wonder.... :pinkiecrazy::raritywink:

Looks like Lyra is also getting settled into town. I wonder how her human hunting crusade will go?:derpyderp1: Also...I wonder who those weird ponies she meet in this chapter were...:trollestia:

And finally our Wierd, all-knowing Trio. I wonder what their up too? What is their Endgame exactly?:duck: They don't seem to think much of ponies...either...kinda sad don't they know how soft and cute the ponies are?:raritystarry:
Geeze those three...just got such big EGO's. Speaking of I wonder what their names are?

Disclamer:
Okay I know that I started off this story in a very "cute" setting. But that was just part 1 of my "masterplan". Now I ramp up the intrigue!

Sorry if you came for the "cute" hopefully you stick around to see where this all leads. Hopefully somewhere heartfelt and worthwhile.:scootangel:

Thanks for being so patient with me and I hope you continue to enjoy the story of Tony and his adventures.

Comments ( 16 )

this is an awesome chapter and if harry picked up tony and held the cutie in his arms then that's far to cute right there and angel is like a brother to tony its sweet tony has angel as his guardian and protector as well and if angel was to help rainbow dash change tony idk what angels reaction would be i'm guessing it would be rolling on the floor hilarious :rainbowlaugh:

9366119
I do plan to "age" Tony up pretty soon. I'm glad you enjoy the relationship between him and Angel. Sadly bunnies don't have long lifespans though...

Harry is a C harecter I hadn't considered much...i might try and incorporate him more now.:twilightsmile:

But Tony's got a lot hanging on his shoulders...he just doesn't know it yet

9371273 heh yeah that is true and i wonder how harry and tony got along that would be very interesting to see :pinkiehappy:

9373617
maybe Harry is like a big fluffy bodyguard? :derpytongue2:

9374587 heh yeah he is alright and a big fluffy softy of a playmate for tony

9371273

Sadly bunnies don't have long lifespans though...

Except Angel is the Devil Incarnate--of course he'll out live the human kid. I wouldn't be surprised if that rabid rabbit outlives Discord. :flutterrage:

This is Equestria, remember? Many of the creatures may look like their counterparts of Earth--but they're not....

Now, I'm eagerly awaiting for the booms!
>>Ivanova

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow. What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here. Boom, sooner or later... BOOM!

9445468
not bad your really close to hitting the mark.:raritystarry:
But your just shy of a bullseye :raritywink:

Our mysterious trio have a mysterious agenda to be sure. I wonder how it will unravel:twilightoops:

9445496
Aye in Equestria things are more than they seem :raritywink:
But so is Tony :rainbowdetermined2:

However, when she looked at him recently she couldn't help but begin to see him more as...a filly...as a young pony.

Dont you mean "colt"?

9500301
One day, she's ready to beat anypony up that threatens her or her friends, and the nex she's singing lullabies and cradling a baby in her hooves. The fact that its coming out of a tough girl like her makes it all the more sweeter.:twilightsmile:

9501055
I wanted to show that she's tough but motherly :twilightsmile:

So just to be clear
.
.
.
.Superman?

10175345
This story is Inspired from a variety of sourses. Superman is difinately the most obvious one but their are allusions to Terminator, Marvel's Tony Stark, and Alien Invasion stories

im waiting for the next chapter

Login or register to comment