• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 6,648 Views, 171 Comments

Pod BOY: My Little Tony - Krazy Stargazer



In the middle of a thunderstorm Rainbow Dash finds a mysterious pod with a Strange Occupant.

  • ...
16
 171
 6,648

Equestria's Newest Resident

Someponies say I'm reckless, and impulsive...I guess this little venture proves that. Here I was in the middle of the very dangerous Everfree Forest, IN THE MIDDLE OF A BUCKING STORM! I'm soaked to the bone, and beyond exhausted after trying to fight against the strong gales. In a way I'm glad I saw those lights coming from the Everfree Forest, if I didn't...then I may have done some dumb things. Now don't get me wrong I've done some stupid things in the past but this was REALLY stupid. I just needed to go out and do something crazy. Something to prove I didn't need HIM. Everytime a lightning bolt struck I imagined the shock of finding him with another mare, everytime I felt the wind push me back I relived the hopelessness of the moment. But to be honest with myself the storm was actually a lot easier to deal with than heartbreak.

I really hate that stallion, I gave him everything and he just used me like I was nothing! To be honest I kind of hated myself too. How could I not see the signs? The way he eyed other mares when he thought I wasn't looking, at first I thought it was harmess enough. Now, that I think about it I guess he never actually loved me. How unfair is that I loved that stallion with all my heart and he didn't even care enough about me to stay loyal!?

The pony with the Rainbow mane had touched down, and was surveying the forest. Specifically looking for the source of the reverse lightning. Most ponies were terrified of the forest and wouldn't even dream of going into these forsaken woods. Granted, even Rainbow Dash was a little (just a little) frightened of these woods, but she wasn't going to let that stop her. Once she made a decision she rarely ever went back on it.

"Ha! His loss! If he isn't satisfied with Ponyville's fastest flyer and future Wonderbolt then maybe he never the pony for me!!!" Rainbow Dash thought positively seething at this point. But, then why did her heart ache so? The magical nights, and wonderful days...were they all just a lie? She bucked a tree in frustration. "BY CELESTIA THIS SUCKS!" Dash yelled angrily.

Just then the reverse lightning struck again. Only this time since Dash was closer they were in danger of striking her!

Luckily, Rainbow Dash was a damn fast pony, even though flying was her specialty she could really kick up some dirt when she felt like it. As the lightning streaked toward her she dove to her right. Some of the bolts zipped past her. Continuing with that momentum she rolled, and using her athletic prowess launched herself at a tree. A few other bolts were now gaining on her. Once more she was subject to momentum, and it looked like Rainbow was either about to be fried by the lightning, crushed by the tree or possibly both. Then, at the last possible second, she extended her wings and with a few quick flaps, soared clear over the tree avoiding the last volley of the unnatural lightning. She smiled smugly. "Hehe it'll take more than a little lighting to take out me."

From her new vantage point she could see where the lighting was coming from. She noticed something, the lightning was getting smaller, and more concentrated. From the forest ground sprouted a oval of light with lighting jaunting out from it. Then their was final FLASH! It was so bright it appeared as though Celestia was raising the sun at that exact point. The pegasi had to raise her hooves to shield her eyes from the intense burst of light. Then it all stopped, no more light, and no more lightning. Rainbow could hear something though.

She lowered herself and found their was something occupying the space where the lightning originated. What Rainbow Dash saw that day could only be described as...alien. It looked like a pod of some kind. It was primarily white, but had a glass top. Curious Rainbow Dash approached the strange object, and that's when she heard it again a soft but persistent sound and it was coming from the alien object.

She half expected to find some monstrosity writhen the confines of that strange thing. She was half right. What she saw caused her to yelp in surprise and jumped back in shock. "WHAT THE HAY WAS THAT?!?! WHAT THE ACTUAL BUCK WAS THAT?!

"Ok, calm down Rainbow, just calm down," she said to herself. She took a few deep breaths and, finally regaining her composure she neared forgin object once more. She peered into the glass again, she saw a creature that was definitely not from Equestria. The best way to describe it would have been to say it was...squishy. It actually kind of looked like an earthworm in a way, and was naked (both in terms of clothes and fur). Although, it vaguely shared some attributes with a pony though, it had four limbs, two eyes, a mouth, a small snout and ears.

Rainbow Dash stared at the creature for a while completely forgetting about the rain. She was just trying to make sense of this befuddling creature before her. Then she heard the same sound from before, and this time she recognized it. It was crying, this strange alien creature was crying. Once again the pegasi stood dumb founded. She had a ton of questions. What was this thing? Where did it come from? But she came to a realization, she had a choice to make.

She could rush back to town and tell the residents about the creature, but with the rain, and location of the creature in the Evergreen chances are it would take a while before they could find it again, if any other pony even believed her. Not to mention Rainbow wasn't sure she could find the creature again, through a dark storm and forest. Of course if she did leave the creature here there was no telling what would happen to it! The residents of the Everfree must have taken refuge from the storm, but all the commotion and excitement would surely trigger their curiosity. Rainbow Dash shuttered to imagine what they would do to this helpless looking creature. Now she saw their was really only one option.

Rainbow Dash would have to time this just right, after all she didn't want to hurt the creature. Then in a swift motion she nocked off the glass portion of the pod. Luckily, it hadn't shattered and harmed the occupant. She let out a sigh of relief. Then using her front hooves she picked up the creature. Just as she thought it was squishy, but it was warm too...

The creature was still crying though. Rainbow Dash softly shushed it and slowly started rocking it. "Shh there, there, it'll be ok, its going to be ok, everything is going to be alright" she said is a motherly tone.

Then something miraculous happened, the creature stopped crying and looked at her with the widest eyes she had ever seen. It had light brown eyes. Then it smiled, and Rainbow Dash had to use ever ounce of her will-power not to go 'Aww'. In snuggled close enough for Rainbow to hear the creature's fragile heartbeats. 'Thump...a pause...Thump' and with every pause the hardened pegasi swore her own heart stopped.

She would have liked it to have been like that for a while longer. But it was raining hard, and Rainbow Dash knew she had to get this creature out of the rain and to the safety of her home as soon as possible. With a graceful leap she was airborne and began the journey home.

Author's Note:

Soundtrack: Daft Punk-something about us, Avicii-hey brother, Naughty Boy-la la la.

Hope you like the story so far. Here's our first glimpse at Equestria's newest resident. I tried to capture the feeling of a pony seeing a human baby for the first time...I hope it was well done. Looks like Rainbow Dash has taken a likening to him already. :)

The next chapter will probably have cuteness, and the funny antics of Rainbow Dash trying to be motherly.(but she's not doing to bad here right so how hard can it be?)