• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 6,648 Views, 171 Comments

Pod BOY: My Little Tony - Krazy Stargazer



In the middle of a thunderstorm Rainbow Dash finds a mysterious pod with a Strange Occupant.

  • ...
16
 171
 6,648

The Sun Rises Anew

The rays of Celestia's sun slowly made their across Ponyville announcing the beginning of a new day. As the rays stretched across the land, the warmth and light of the sun followed. Finally, they reached the abode of a certain cloud home, currently occupied by two occupants. Here an infant biped was clinging to a rag-pegasi doll with button eyes, while a cyan pegasus was protectively curled around the infant. Both of whom were blissfully asleep on a sofa without a care in the world.

After a time the pegasus awoke, and careful not to disturb the other occupant. She walked over to a window taking in the sight of the sun rising over the horizon, admiring the view. Usually, she wouldn't wake up this early, but she had a lot to consider about, and it was currently occupying her sofa. As she watched the sunrise, she mentally reran what happened the day before.

Suddenly reality came crashing down pretty hard for poor Rainbow Dash as she began to realize the full implications of what she had done. She had just taken a creature she had never seen before (from the dangerous Everfree Forest no less!) into her house! What if he was dangerous?

Rainbow Dash peered at the sofa again and couldn't imagine the cute little creature being a danger to anyone...except maybe Captain Firefly (the poor doll looked like it was being constricted by a snake). She doubted he even from Equestria. He sure didn't look like anypony Rainbow could think of; heck he didn't even look like any animal she had ever seen before. So where did he come from? What was the weird pod thingy he was in, it was almost as alien as he was! And the reverse lightning?

She let out a sigh, this whole situation was just so weird, and it seemed the more she thought about it the weirder the whole thing seemed. How would the residents of Ponyville react to the infant? If they ever found out she had flown in the middle of a storm, and took an unknown creature home from the Everfree Forrest, they would probably find her a nice soft room with white walls, and a straight-jacket to match! Or worse what would they do to the poor baby creature she saved? She shivered at the thought. She doubted anypony would do something cruel but...you never knew what a scared pony might do when frightened.

Well letting this get to the public was out of the picture. Maybe she could raise him herself? Or at least until he could fend for himself. After all she wasn't terrible with kids, and he seemed to have taken a liking to her...their was only one problem. She had no idea how to raise an alien, much less a baby one! Their was no avoiding it, Rainbow was goanna need some help.

"No, I can't just tell this to anypony. I have to pick somepony who knows a lot about different creatures, won't ask too many questions, and won't tell anyone" lamented Rainbow. As soon as she uttered those words she knew their was only one pony she could turn too.


~~~~~
Meanwhile on the edge of Ponyville
~~~~~

Rainbow Dash wasn't the only one who woke up early that morning. The pegasus known as Fluttershy was charged with the task of helping the animals in the Ponyville area. A task she happily preformed, and did extremely well. She had woken up early to feed all the animals their breakfast. Fluttershy approached each animal under her charge with the greatest of patience and understanding, waiting for them to begin eating before moving on. She even stirred up conversation with her animal friends asking the 'how their morning was' or 'how's the family doing'. Her gentle, and kind heart was ideal for caring for animals, while her diligence and passion for her task all contributed to make her one of Ponyville's best caretakers.

Now that she had made sure all her animal friends were fed and content, she began setting her own breakfast. Some hay, a side of oats and some tea was Fluttershy's usual preference for breakfast. Outwardly Fluttershy displayed a very timid if not cowardly demeanor. So consequently it was hard for Fluttershy to make friends....if she only ended up running away from them.

Indeed the yellow pegasi seemed to at times deliberately avoid other ponies. But make no mistake this pony had a heart of gold. She certainly did not wan't to hurt anyponies feelings, she was just a gentle, timid soul. So sometimes it was hard for her to express herself around other ponies. She only ever truly opened up to friends that she's comfortable around.

Luckily, Rainbow Dash was just such a pony. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy went way, way back. Ever since the both of them were only just fillies. Back in those days Fluttershy was constantly picked on because of her shyness, but Rainbow Dash took it upon herself to stand up for her. In turn Fluttershy always tried to be their for Rainbow Dash. She went to all of Rainbow's athletic events for moral support, she offered Rainbow advice occasionally. More recently she was the shoulder Rainbow Dash could cry on without fear of judgment.

As she finished her breakfast she heard a nock on the door.

"Coming," said Fluttershy as she walked toward the door. Nothing could prepare Fluttershy for what she was about to see.

Their was Rainbow Dash at here door usually not to rare an occurrence, but she was holding a creature that even Fluttershy; with all her experience dealing with animals, had never seen before.

"Uh hi Fluttershy do you got a minute?" asked Rainbow Dash timidly.

Author's Note:

So as I was thinking about how Rainbow Dash may go about raising a human, I decided to Google if any other humans had actually been raised by animals...the results were interesting here's a link too one of the sites I looked up :)
http://www.smashinglists.com/10-feral-human-children-raised-by-animals/

And before you say "mlp ponies are sentient, not animals", I know this, I just wanted to know how a human would react to being raised by a different species.