• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 6,648 Views, 171 Comments

Pod BOY: My Little Tony - Krazy Stargazer



In the middle of a thunderstorm Rainbow Dash finds a mysterious pod with a Strange Occupant.

  • ...
16
 171
 6,648

Investigation's in Ernest!

Lyra had witlessly explored the town looking for a good place to grab some lunch. Some of the local residents had recommended a little bakery called SugarCube Corner. She had begun to make her way the bakery. She took the time to admire the little town, it was so very different than Canterlot. For one their were none of those pompous fancy-smancy types, everypony around here seemed to lead rather simple, charmed lives. Lyra inwardly chuckled she was probably over romanticizing this place but she could definitely see herself returning here, for reasons other than research.

She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't notice that another equally oblivious pony was heading straight for her! The two oblivious ponies collided causing Lyra to drop her backpack and notes.

"Oh no my notes!" Lyra shouted. Desperately grabbing at her notes.

"Oh Im so sorry! I wasn't paying attention!" the other pony said, helping her recover her notes. After a bit of struggling they finally managed to secure all notes and Lyra breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thanks! I don't know what I would have done if anything happened to those notes." Lyra explained.

"It was my fault really I'm usually more observant it's just...I've been so busy lately..." the other mare tried to explain.

"It's okay, no harm done. I should also apologize. I was just daydreaming and here we are. Hehe Mom always said I spent so much time with my head in the clouds that I may as well have been born a pegusus!"

This got a chuckle out of the other mare. The mare in question was a Earth pony and had a Vanilla coat, with blue and pink highlights and baby blue eyes.

"Oh sorry Im Bonbon. Sorry again about bumping into you" the Earth pony said timidly.

"No worries I was just on my way to get something to eat, when I started daydreaming" Lyra explained.

"Really? I happen to have a Candy Shop and to apologize I'll let you have anything off the shelf free of charge!" Bonbon offered. Looking at the Earth pony's pleading eyes Lyra felt she would have broken her heart if she refused, plus the offer of free treats was too tempting for Lyra to resist.

"Hehe okay sounds good! I like sweets just as much as anypony" she relented.

Bonbon smiled and clapped in joy "Oh thank you! We have a wonderful selection to choose from!"

With that the two mares walked down the streets of Ponyville.

~~~~~

Meanwhile

Rainbow and Fluttershy had got to talking again. True they had taken Tony in but they still had no real idea what he was. At first it seemed like taking care of him would be just like any other foal, however they soon began to realize this wasn't the case.

Rainbow had noticed that Tony had begun growing in a nice pair of chompers and had the nibble marks to prove it. The boy was teething, not just ordinary pony teeth either...he was going a rather impressive set of canines. She tried not to imagine the worse, after all Tony seemed so defenseless. Fluttershy even pointed out that many creatures like raccoons and bears have canines, but it was still a bit unsettling to think that Tony could be a predator.

Add that along with the boy's habit of grabbing everything in sight, he had also taken a liking to stuffing anything not nailed down into his mouth. On top of that they realized that his developmental stage was probably longer than a ponies. By the age of two most foals could walk and talk easily enough, yet this was not the case for Tony. It was as if he were still a newborn, causing no end of worry on the part of his adoptive mothers. True they tried to stay optimistic, but since they knew so little of him they couldn't know if something was wrong with him or not. Despite her appearance Rainbow feared the worst for her adoptive son, she worried that by taking him in she had somehow harmed him. Was their a chance that their was some trick to raising him that they weren't getting? Maybe he wouldn't turn out anything like a pony! Yet, they both knew that they needed to keep him safe. They both glanced over the alien baby with concern.

"Flutters... I've been thinking," Rainbow said contemplatively.

"About what?" Fluttershy inquired.

"We...we don't really know much about Tony" Rainbow admitted. Fluttershy nodded, even with her innate fascination with animals, Tony still surprised her every now and again. They both learned alot since their first days taking him in, but their was still so much they were ignorant about.

"So I've been thinking...you remember that pod. The one that I said Tony came from?"

"Yes...do you think maybe...?" Fluttershy began

"I do. I think that pod may have some answers about Tony...I think I have to go find it." Rainbow said definitively.

They were quiet for a moment, their was apprehension in the air. True they might find answers, but what if they didn't like them? Or worse what if their were no answers at all. Yet, every day they held off was another day Tony grew and their lack of knowledge became more and more apparent. He had begun to refuse the baby food, and was becoming more fussy. It could be simple toddler behavior but...there was a chance it was more.

"I...I think your right Rainbow Dash. We are playing at caregivers but we don't even know that much about who we are caring for." Fluttershy stated. Rainbow Dash winced at the statement. The headstrong pegusus would have liked to have believe that maybe, just maybe her determination and instinct would be enough to take care of Tony, but it was becoming readily apparent that it might not be so simple.

"Yet," Fluttershy added "I think we're both in this to the end. Im not going to give up on Tony and I know you aren't."

"So...you agree with me?" Rainbow inquired.

"...yes. I'll even go check the Ponyville Library and see what I can find." Flutterhshy said with conviction. Rainbow as impressed, she knew Fluttershy didn't like even going into town that much due to her social anxiety. The rainbow Pegasus gave her friend a hug.

"Thanks Flutters that would mean a lot to me." Rainbow Dash said with a smile.

Fluttershy smiled for a minute then looked at the friend concerned "But...you're going back into the Everfree too look for the pod?"

"Well...yea. I mean it's as good a place as any to look for answers right?"

Fluttershy seemed skeptical "You said it was dark and raining when you found Tony, could you even find the pod again? Plus the creatures of the Everfree won't be driven away by the storm...it seems like a long shot..."

Rainbow nodded her head "Yea it'll be dangerous but...I don't know... I feel like it needs to be done Fluttershy."

Fluttershy saw the familiar look of determination in Rainbow's eye and sighed,

"Okay, okay just...be safe," she picked up Tony and squeezed his cheeks and her own for emphasis for a pout "for both our sakes"

Rainbow broke into a fit of giggles seeing the ridiculous expressions of the Pegusus and toddler.

"I promise...especially with those expressions! No monster is gonna keep me away form you two." she said giving them a big hug.

~~~~~~

Meanwhile

On their way to Bonbon's Candy Store, Lyra and the Earth pony had really begun to hit it off. It started off with Bonbon casually asking about the notes Lyra was carrying around. Lyra then went on to discuss how they were all for research for her fascination with cryptozoology, especially pertaining to humans. Interestingly enough Bonbon seemed rather knowledgeable on the subject and they chatted like a bunch of school fillies.

By the time they got to Bonbon's store Lyra had already caught Bonbon up on her leads on "paranormal" occurrences in the Everfree lately. Bonbon had gotten them both a drink and they continued their conversation in earnest.

"So just to summarize you came here all the way from Canterlot, to look into the storm we had the other-day? Specifically the reports of weird lightning right?" Bonbon asked

Lyra replied with a nod "I don't think that this was something fluke of nature or a mistake on the towns Weather management. I think their may be something going on here."

Bonbon took a sip of her drink and pondered once again "So do you have any leads?"

Lyra blushed and admitted that she might not have though that through.

"Hmm well if I were in your shoes I'd cover the bases."

"Cover my bases?" Lyra inquired.

"Yea you know. Check to see if the storm was litigate, or if somepony was just fibbing" Bonbon elaborated.

Lyra nodded that did make a lot of sense, "Okay so do I ask around or...?"

Bonbon shrugged "Not sure. That you're gonna have to find out yourself. Ponyville library might have some clues though, and asking the weather team couldn't hurt"

With a plan in mind and a full belly Lyra was already feeling lucky. She thanked her generous host and was about to set out.

"Oh If you need lodgings you can bunk at my house...err if you want?"

"Yea! That sounds like a great idea! Thanks for everything Bonbon wish me happy hunting!" Lyra then set off to the Ponyville Library.

Author's Note:

BAM! Another duo is born. This time it's Lyra and Bonbon, seems like their gonna make a great team lookng for the mysterious human.

Meanwhile Flutters and Rainbow have their own series of investigations to deal with.

Gee with all these investigators I wonder if they will ever cross paths?

And what of the Pod and Tony's mysterious origins?