• Published 14th Oct 2014
  • 33,547 Views, 85 Comments

Comatose - ladyanaconda



When Twilight enters a comatosa state due to Chrysalis's poison, Shining Armor can't find a way to ask for her forgiveness.

  • ...
28
 85
 33,547

Epilogue: Moving On

The following days, Twilight was pampered with kisses, hugs from her family and friends, and hundreds of cards from all of Ponyville. Unfortunately, the doctors could do nothing about her Changeling-like appearance, that magic had done permanent damage to her. However, Twilight didn't mind looking like a half-bug at all. Sure, everypony would be taken aback at first, but she trusted that they would eventually accept the changes in her body. She was still Twilight Sparkle, only with holes in her hooves, a sharp horn and bug wings, and darkened legs and face.

"Daad, you don't have to do this." Twilight giggled, turning away her pupiless lavender eyes from her father as he levitated a spoonful of soup from her bowl.

"I don't care what you say." Night Light replied with a smile. "From now on, I will never get away from you. I will always take good care of you, my little princess."

"We're so glad you're awake, my filly." Twilight Velvet had her head on her daughter's bed, weeping of joy. She took Twilight's hoof when the latter came into contact with her shoulder. "

"It's okay, mom. I'm alright now, that's all that matters."

The door opened, and Twilight's face brightened when Spike, her friends, and Princess Celestia came into her room bearing warm smiles, bringing gifts such as flowers, books and one or two cupcakes (on Pinkie Pie's part).

"Hey, girls." Twilight smiled at her friends.

"Twilight!" Pinkie Pie rushed to Twilight's bed and hopped into it, nearly spilling the bowl of warm soup unto Twilight hadn't Night Light levitated it away in time. "I'm so happy you're okay! Well, no okay-okay, because you look like a Changeling, but beauty is in the eyes of whoever looks, that's what everypony says!" she wrapped her hooves around Twilight's face. "And to us, you'll always be the same Twilight as before!"

Twilight smiled and returned the hug. Then she noticed the rest approaching the bed, but their expressions were turning sad and guilt ridden.

"Twi…" Applejack was the first to speak. "The first thing we wanted to do when we came was to apologize for not believing you about the fake Cadence." she sighed. "You wouldn't be like this if we had listened to you."

"You had every right not to believe me girls." Twilight replied kindly. "I mean, I acted like a foal, just bursting into the room yelling that she was evil instead of gathering facts and evidence. And just after we'd written a friendship report about gathering evidence when we were bringing the Cakes' cake to Canterlot."

"And what about 'taking you friends' worries seriously?'" Rainbow Dash spoke sadly, rubbing the back of her head. "We should have listened to you, instead of simply assuming you were just jealous. What a loyal friend I am, aren't I?" There was bitterness and sorrow at the last part.

"Please, girls, you don't have to apologize. I understand it completely, I did panic a bit, and you warned me to cool down-"

"That doesn't justify the way we abandoned you, Twilight." Princess Celestia intervened, looking down with guilt and drooping her ears. "You've been a wonderful student, like a daughter to me, and yet I left you when you needed me the most. I should have noticed the changes in Cadence's behavior, I should have known she would never act as such, no matter in how much stress she is in, yet I chose to ignore it and justify it as simple stress. And that mistake not only nearly costed the lives of my subjects, but also your own." She took Twilight's hoof. "Can you ever forgive me?"

Twilight smiled. "I forgive you, Princess." She then looked at her friends. "I forgive you too, girls. Actually, you don't have anything to apologize for."

Rarity was shedding moved tears by then. "Oh, Twilight. You're such a wonderful friend, forgiving us just like that even after we betrayed you."

Twilight held out her hooves for her group of friends, and they knew what it meant. The six friends embraced each other in a tight hug, mending the wounds made on that fateful night. However, Twilight was scanning the room around for a certain stallion with white coat and blue mane.

"Where's Shiny?"


Cadence was about to go in to see Twilight Sparkle when a gentle hoof tapped her shoulder; she was surprised to see Shining Armor still outside. She had assumed he'd already be inside with Twilight, but yet he was still out here. She had a feeling that he wanted to speak with her in private.

"Cadence, can I talk to you?" Yup, her theory was correct.

"Sure, Shining." they moved away from the door in case anypony would come out. "What is it?"

"I… I wanted to apologize to you."

"To me?" Cadence inquired. "For what?"

Shining Armor didn't know what to say, but he had to find a way. She had been acting coldly towards him during the time Twilight had been comatose, but this was a good chance to say what he had to. "For not realizing that… impostor had taken your place. I should have realized there was something wrong with those flashes, and the change in your personality… The real you would have never behaved as such. You're the kindest, most caring soul in all of Equestria, but I was blinded and tricked by that Changeling into abandoning my little sister and casting her out of the wedding. You would have never allowed me to do such a thing, actually."

Cadence's coldness was starting to melt away at his sincere words. "Shining…"

"Cadence, I love you, I love you with all my heart, but I understand if you want nothing to do with me after this. I mean, if I had really loved you like I said I did, I would have realized that Changeling wasn't you. That mistake not only nearly cost me you, but also my sister's life. But even if you don't want to marry me anymore, I still would like to be your friend, and-" Shining Armor was cut off when Cadence leaned in and gave him a quick kiss in her lips, her familiar warm smile bringing new hope to his heart.

"Of course I forgive you, Shiny." She spoke softly and warmly. "I admit, I went a little overboard too. The Changeling Queen had you under her spell, even if you actually noticed something was wrong with me, that monster could have made you forget it with a flash of her horn. Instead of blaming you for what happened, I should have been there for you to comfort you in these hard months."

Shining Armor smiled, and took Cadence's hoof in his own. "Thanks, Cadence. Now all I need to do is to apologize to Twiley for causing all of this, and hopefully she'll forgive me."

"Of course she will forgive you, Shining Armor. You are her BBBFF, remember?" Cadence giggled.


Twilight's eyes lit up when Shining Armor trotted into the room, followed by Cadence. Immediately, the pink Alicorn ran to Twilight's side and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so glad you're back, Twilight." Cadence smiled at her favorite filly. "I was starting to think you'd really leave us."

"Are you kidding?" Twilight giggled. "How could I ever leave my wonderful friends and family before its time? I'd call it more like a break from all the stress." All the ones in the room burst out in laughter at this. The only one who didn't have the heart to laugh just yet was Shining Armor.

"Twiley…" he whispered sadly as he approached his little sister slowly, fearing any lashing out she might throw at him. "Can I talk to you in private?"

Twilight had a feeling to what this talk would be about. "Sure."

The siblings were left alone in the room. The air became rigid and cold, at least on Shining Armor's perspective. This was it, he would apologize to Twilight for the way he treated her, and hopefully she would forgive him. Hopefully.

"Twiley, I wanted to tell you I am really sorry for what happened at the rehearsal. I know you're going to say that you should have brought proof, but what if there was no way to prove it? But the point is, I should have listened to you, I made a mistake in putting Cadence before you when family must always come first. Because of me you lost four months of your life, and now your body is corrupted."

"Shining, really, you don't have to apologize at all." Twilight spoke gently, but Shining still continued.

"I don't know why I said those things. Everypony says that it wasn't my fault because I was under the Changeling Queen's control, but deep inside I know that it was me who said those horrible words to you, not her. I don't know what was I thinking, if I was angry because you didn't come to me to tell me in private, or if I was just so excited on marrying Cadence that I forgot for a moment that you were my LSBFF."

"Shining…"

"These four months that you were comatose, I couldn't rest at night knowing that you could die, and I wouldn't be able to tell you this. Every single night I was plagued with nightmares where you didn't forgive me, or died, or I even recalled the moment I cut you from my life. But I don't want you out of it, Twiley, I want to be your BBBFF for as long as I live. I want to embrace you when you get married, be there for you when you form a family, I want you by mi side when I exhale my last breath, but I guess I screwed it up."

"Shining Armor…"

"I understand if you'll never forgive me for this, I deserve it after all. But I want you to know that from now on, you will always count on me and-"

"SHINY!" Twilight raised her voice to call her brother's attention. Satisfied, she spoke. "Please stop punishing yourself like that! I don't want you to keep thinking about it anymore! What happened, happened, now what matters is the present. How could I not forgive you when you came every single day I spent in this bed like a vegetable, speaking to me and refusing to leave my side even when the nurses came to kick you out."

Shining's eyes widened. "You mean…?"

Twilight nodded with a small smile. "Yes, Shiny. I heard you. Every single word you told me all the days you came. I felt every tear you shed when you apologized a hundred times. I wanted to tell you that I forgave you, I wanted to tell you not to cry."

Shining Armor felt tears coming to his eyes. "Can you truly forgive me for everything I said to you?"

Twilight took her brother's hoof, her now completely purple eyes showing deep compassion. "I forgive you, BBBFF."

This was the last straw. Shining Armor sniffled as he let the tears flow from his eyes and down his cheeks; he rested his head on Twilight's lap, sniffing and sobbing, embracing his little sister, not wanting to let her go. Twilight caressed his mane gingerly, shedding a few tears of her own as well. With every tear that fell, Shining Armor felt a weight being lifted from his chest.

For the first time in a long time, these were not tears of sorrow.

These were tears of joy.

Many times, the decisions we take affect and hurt your closest friends and family the most.
I have lots of regrets in that regard.
But God has forgiven me, which I am very thankful for. It has enabled me to forgive myself and move forward one day at a time.
-Lex Luger

Comments ( 51 )

Sweet. That was so emotional. Great job.

Awesome story, so emotional and excellently written. :twilightsmile:

Can't Twilight use her newfound Changeling abilities to turn herself back into her old self?

one of the best family moments I've seen thus far

hope to see a sequel, i mean it !!!!

Via

Good job.

If this is AU, shouldn't it have the AU tag? :twilightoops:

Comment posted by Snickerdoodle deleted Nov 24th, 2014

"It's beautiful!
"Amazing."

:raritydespair: Tied for best fanfiction I've read.
/0 points

Mind if I ask? Do you think that we could possibly see a side story as to how Twilight's friends, Princess Celestia and Cadance would have been doing during Twilight's comatose? I think it would be interesting as to finding out how they would have coped while Twilight was out and wonder what sort of consequences they would have had to face during their worries for her.

5543887

I may. Thanks for the suggestion

I love IT. I AM crying. :fluttercry:

docters? More like dickters! :twilightangry2:

Chapter 1.

Spike finally spoke after two hours of silence, but his voice was equally or perhaps even more paiend than those of the others

Mach 1

it was like he was running on one of the exercise machines on gyms.

"And you can forget about being my best mare. In fact, if I were you, I wouldn't show up to the wedding at all." Saying this, he walked away.

"I'm so glad my brother is not like you. He would never trust an stranger more than he trust his flesh and blood."

Celestia stander aside from a

"No one never gets used to the idea

Cadence sobbed at the idea. "

Let's end with her pain."

Two long fangs had grown on her mouth, too.

Chapter 2.

She took Twilight's hoof when the latter came into contact with her shoulder. "

Well, no okay-okay, because you look like a Changeling,

"And what about 'taking you friends' worries seriously?'"

Cadence leaned in and gave him a quick kiss in her lips,

I want you by mi side when I


Typos aside. This is a very good story.

Sequel?

This was really beautiful:fluttercry:, I must say don't cry fast but while reading this, even I cried

And then while Shining Armor cries into her lap Twilight's eyes flash green and miles away Crysalis laughs as she controls her new Twilight drone.

OH! I'm the evilest little shit aren't I? :pinkiecrazy:

6379880 yes yes your are.

So sad .:raritycry::fluttercry::raritydespair: couldn't help but cry . But I did like the end the most. Sequal?

This is AMAZING!! The only reason I'm not crying is because I don't cry easily, but 11/10 best sad fic:heart: Sequel? Maybe?:applecry:

Nope. I do not like this. With so many people singing this story's praises, I hope you're ready for some negative criticism.

There's a lot of cheap emotional manipulation that tries to cover up the blatant OOC behavior. There's also some religious references that are extremely jarring and out of place in a pony setting. In addition, the "turning into a changeling" thing came out of nowhere. I can see it was meant to be a twist, but it just ended up making things weird. It makes the plot unnecessarily convoluted.

There's also the matter of the word "familiar". To quote The Princess Bride: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." According to some quick research, it was used in that context at one time, but that was many centuries ago. To give you an idea, it had already fallen out of use by the time William Shakespeare was born.

Most authors appreciate when people take the time to tell them the reason they gave their story a downvote. I hope you are not an exception to this.

6947912
Thanks for the review. I like hearing all sorts of opinions, including criticism as long as it is constructive. It helps improvement. Thank you very much.

7661305 I like this stories, I am very impressed.

But I have a feeling that Shining is going out to get revenge on Chryius for turning Twi in a half bug appearance. He may end up like a certain black hedgehog from a certain video game series we all know too well.

8725929
Yeah. Shining could become the spinning image of Shadow The Hedgehog the Ultimate Lifeform. He came so close to loosing Twilight I bet he's going to bring Chryislis to justice and punish her for that action she did or become the spinning image of Sonic The Hedgehog or maybe Silver The Hedgehog. I think Sonic would be a better fit for Shining I would be taken by surprise if he goes Super transformation and defeats Chryislis.

8230166
Sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog to me.

8726015
ya and shining becomes super shining... oh I'll just call it what it is he becomes a super sayn (did i spell that right)

8727265
Actually it is Sayian. I would be surprised if he actually creates Chaos Control for the first time and gets teleported to Sonic's world.

8727452
that would be awsome but i wouldint say chaos control becouse discord has all the chaos magic in equestria unless shining makes a deal with discord (dun dun duuun) that would be epic.

8727623
Yeah, but what if the Chaos Emeralds unexpectedly landed in Equestria thanks to a mishap on Sonic's world and Shining absorbs their positive energy.

8727718
or maybe there could be a secert second master emerald that disaperd in the sonic world years ago and reaperd in equestria but without someone like knuckles to control it some pony hidden it

8727813
Or maybe Twilight and her friends are kidnapped by Dr.Eggman and Shining goes after him to rescue Twilight and her friends and ends up on Möbius where he meets Sonic and his friends who decided to help him and stop Eggman's newest plan of world domination!

8727892
that sounds good too but maybe ad more than just sonic like link and zelda or mario and luigi and there enemies like ganon bowser and king boo

you could of made it longer and i would of preferred a bit more chapters

I added this to my "Must Read" list. Very nice indeed.

7661305
I feel for Shining Armor. I was in a similar situation, to be honest. But when I heard the appology I was relieved. A wash of calm ran over me and I kept babbling like he was at the end.

Nice work on both chapters:twilightsmile:

8728094
What about Spyro and Cynder from the Legend of Spyro series?

6379880
Then days later red stripes appeared in his mane appear with eyes that are cold as a freezing winter with nothing, but anger and hate.

10274411
Yeah everyone would figure out Chrysalis use to serve Malefor and plots revenge against both Spyro and Cynder for defeating her master. Then the hive betrays her and Thorax becomes the new leader of the hive.

10274668
And thorax discovers a cure to turn twilight back to a pony.

10274746
Yes. I agree with that. The Legend of Spyro: Forces Unknown.

Well that ended differently than I expected. Good job!

Shining armor’s vision during graveyard dream. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Toh-v3G8N-w Twilight: You left me to die Shining armor. You’re obsession over Cadance cost me my life. Had your love for me really been genuine or was it just superficial?” Seconds later shining inadvertently stabs her in the chest. “My blood is on your hooves Shining.... you are a fraud, a traitor, a disgrace to the royal guard.......YOU.....ARE....NOT.....MY.....BROTHER!!!!!!!! SHINING:NOOOOOOOOOO

bravo, magnificent, and beautiful story :)

Login or register to comment