• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 2,087 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria Noir Side Story "Eternal Blueblood" - Jacoboby1



Mounths after the Gala, Blueblood handles the his broken family, and tries to make amends and prepare for the future. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
0
 8
 2,087

"Eternal Blueblood"

Equestria Noir 2

Side Story

“Eternal Blueblood”

By Jacoboby1

Perspective: Blueblood

To think, months ago I would’ve thrown a fit about the ghastliness of this prison. It was stark, with plain walls, and iron bars. All in all rather spartan, but then prisoners didn’t need much more than the basics. The entire thing was meant to be bleak, and imposing, to make the ponies, here, think on their wrongdoings.

About a year ago I was put in a place such as this. For trying to harm a mare’s sister. I remember complaining about every little thing, causing such trouble to everypony…

No wonder he never truly cared.

The police officer escorted me into the visiting area, a pane of glass separating the visitor and the visitee. The officer shook his head as I sat down, “Don’t know why you keep coming here Prince. The guy isn’t exactly chomping at the bit to see you.”

“It’s... Well, Cuff,” I said, looking back at the officer, “I’m just being a proper loved one, nothing more.”

He shrugged and walked away. I watched as the door to the other side opened. His silvery hair was disheveled, and his orange prison jumpsuit was wrinkled and unkempt. Pure’s white coat was going yellow from age, and his eyes were bloodshot. You could practically smell the anger and distaste coming off him. He took his seat and kept his glare at me, “So, come to rub in my face yet again how you are free to run around as you please while I’m stuck here among these...criminals!?” He yelled.

Father seemed to have forgotten just why he was here in the first place. Having an affair with young Squeaky just to try and replace me. It was honestly my fault, my own arrogance led to both of our downfalls. But upon reflection, I realize that was a good thing.

“Father I simply came to visit, I promised mother I would.” I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

“Prince, do you realize what this has done to my reputation! My partners have all pulled their support! My assets frozen! Me and your mother’s reputations are in the toilet! Plus, there is the fact that you are living in my house! Treating that miserable commoner like one of us!”

“You brought this on yourself, Father,” I replied firmly. “Had you simply had tried to do the sensible thing and tried to do something, I don’t know, decent your precious reputation would not be in the latrine.”

“Oh like you’re so perfect!” My father shouted. “It’s all your fault in the end! You are the reason that whore is pregnant! You are the reason that Fantasia is in that hospital! You are the reason our family is forever stained!”

“Yes, I am the reason,” I kept my icy blue eyes glared at him. “And I am proud that I was able to help put a stop to your mess. I’m picking up the pieces of what we both have destroyed. Squeaky is going through college, my half brother will be born within months and she’s being treated with the utmost respect.”

“You’d waste our money on her!?” Father shouted again.

“I would,” I replied firmly. “Because she suffered at our hooves, I’m tired of being cruel to others. I have no real skills of my own! Looking at you now I can see exactly what a life of poshness and deceit will get me...I want to change…”

“BAH!” He said, slamming his hoof against the glass. “You’ll be lucky if anypony looks at you with any sort of decency again! I’ll sue for everything! I’ll make sure you will never enter my home again! I’ll destroy you! I’ll leave you in the dragon lands to die!!”
In all his ranting and raving...he didn’t remember that a week after he was arrested...he already tried to sue me for everything, and we won everything…

He’s so blind in his anger he doesn’t realize he truly has nothing…

Oh Father….

______________________________________________


After prison, this place was positively soothing. Warm painted walls, with lots of paintings, all of them cheerful. Bright open windows, where ponies could look out and see the grass, and other things. True a lot of the furniture was bolted to the floor and knickknacks were relegated to the visitors’ waiting room, but all in all the facility was quite quaint, and very pleasant.

This, was Dr. Cranium's Mental Institution...where mother has been since the incident…

I opened the door to her room, the nurse leaving me so we could be alone… There she was. Her rich blonde hair was rather elegantly coiffed for this place, and she wore her hospital gown as if it was the finest silks. Mother’s coat was still pristine white, but her eyes… seemed to be seeing something else.

I walked over to her, she didn’t look up from the wheelchair she was in, she just kept looking out the window.

“Mother?” I said.

She slowly turned her head and smiled, “Oh, Prince, it’s good to see you. Did you have a good time at the dance?”

“Yes, Mother, I did,” I said, walking to her side, and lifting a hoof to rest on hers.

“You know Blueblood, you are getting to be a stallion, you should consider finding a bride soon.” She said, keeping her smile. “I know a lot of nice young ladies who’d love to have you.”

“I’ll find the one I want someday, Mother,” I said, keeping a smile despite the pain I felt inside at seeing her like this.

“Good, I want to see grandchildren soon, so will your father,” She said.

I frowned.

“Your father will be coming home from work today, he’ll be so happy to see all of us.” She said, closing her eyes in happiness. “I’ll have Bastion make us tea, it’ll all be perfect…”

We had this conversation, almost four years ago, the day I came back from the Gala…

Back then, I complained about the cake incident to her...but now...I couldn’t...she had no idea…

The Nurses said her mind had completely withdrawn to a happy memory. One where everything was perfect...or so I thought.

Oh Mother, what have I done? What...have we all done…?

_____________________________________________________________

There was one thing I’ve been wanting to do, that I put off for months because she was visiting the Crystal Empire. I had no idea what I was going to say, or what I was going to do to make up for things. But, she at least deserved an apology, whether or not she accepted it didn’t matter...I just needed to say it.

I had, somehow, managed to disguise myself. The last thing I needed was ponies bashing me, or praising me… That was becoming a bit more common, since I had been doing some fairly good things of late. Still… This disguise of your ordinary common pony was pretty good. Fedora, hair colored to be a duller yellow than my usual golden locks. I had to wear a mark-concealing overcoat, of course, but such was the necessity in order to go unremarked.

I walked in the town, trying to avoid any onlookers that could potentially see through my disguise. I couldn’t ask for directions so it took me forever to find my intended target...Carousel Boutique.

I was, quite honestly, flabbergasted. The place was a baroque extravaganza of gingerbread, and spindly columns that gave the impression of either a fantastically decorated cake, or its namesake, a carousel. There were even ponyquins set on some of the columns to look like carousel horses. All in all rather interesting.

To think that such a place existed in a small town such as this. Yet another reason to never judge by hearsay. I let out a sigh, and pressed the doorbell.

The door opened and...oh Celestia…

I saw Sweetie Belle, the girl that over a year ago I orchestrated her kidnapping. She and Rarity were definitely sisters though. White coats, curly hair, she would make quite a beauty when she gre-

“AAIIIIIIEEEEE!!” Sweetie Belle suddenly screamed, and her horn sparked, causing a nearby potted plant to land on my head.
I started seeing stars for a minute. All the pretty planets and birdies are flying around my head….

“Rarity!” Sweetie Belle screamed.

“What is it darling?! What happened?!” I heard a familiar voice say.

“A guy came to our door in a trench coat and fedora! He didn’t look like Private so I thought he was a kidnapper like I saw in that stranger danger video!” Sweetie Belle replied.

“So you dropped a potted plant on him? Sweetie Belle if I wasn’t so shocked at your behavior I would be proud of you for having some control over your magic.” Rarity said. “So, let us see this kidnapper the-”

She lifted my fedora and my blond mane fell out of it. It does seem rather uncomfortable to wear with a horn anyways. How that Private fellow managed to keep his horn and wear his fedora at the same time is beyond me.

Rarity’s eyes went wide...and then slowly turned to anger...and then she picked up a, OH CELESTIA NOT A FRYING PA-

BOOONG!!

So many pretty birdies….

_________________________________________________________

Oh Sweet Celestia my head hurts…. I groggily looked around and found myself tied up in a rounded room. A plush bed was off to the side, ponyquinnes were present, here, too, and a sewing table was against the far wall. The walls were lavender, with white, pink, and purple diamond checked arches. I looked around for my captor, and… there she was, blue eyes angry, somehow nary a finely coiffed hair out of place, and there in her levitation field was the thing of nightmares… A frying pan.

“Just what do you plan to do you, you, ruffian!” She yelled.

“Uh, Miss Rarity I was hoping to see you,” I said, trying to sound confident despite the fact I was shaking in my hooves.

“See me?!” She screamed. “You were rude to me at the Gala! Used me as a shield for the flying cake! KIDNAPED MY SISTER! And you expect to just come into my home whenever you want?! I wish Sweetie Belle’s flowerpot had cracked your skull you-”

Wow...she certainly has a way with words….

I dare not repeat them…

“-and just what do you have to say for yourself?!” She screamed after finishing her rant.

I simply, bowed my head. “There, really is nothing I can say to make it all better is it…?” I said, helplessly.

My tone of voice must’ve caught her by surprise. She blinked and said, “What, what do you mean…?”

“The reason I came here,” I said, looking up at her. “Was so that I could apologize for what I did..”

“You seriously believe an apology will fix everything?” Rarity said, practically grinding her teeth.

“If... it’s compensation you want…” I replied.

“No, keep your dirty money!” Rarity yelled, turning her back to me. “You want to give me something!? Give me back those hours I spent on that stupid dress! Those years of dreaming that you were my ticket to the high life! Give me back those years of ignoring Spikey Wikey in the hopes of meeting a dream prince! GIVE ME BACK WHAT YOU TOOK FROM ME!”

I looked down, I didn’t realize how much one stupid action could cause trouble for her. Not until now anyways…

“Miss Rarity,” I said. “I can’t give back time, but, I really want to change. You didn’t deserve what you got. It was my own stupidity and arrogance that got me where I was. You weren’t the only victim. But you certainly were the most memorable. There’s nothing I can say, except I’m sorry...I hope one day, I can make up for what I have done to you and your sister.”

Rarity’s shoulders sagged, and her horn glowed. I felt my bindings fall off me as she said. “The door is over there. I never want to see you again Prince Blueblood. I do appreciate you trying to make up for what you did. But don’t expect me to find it in my heart to forgive what you did to me and my beloved sister.”

With that, I got up, and left without another world. There was nothing that I could say. Nothing I could do to make things better. But, I did leave something on her table, a small note, nothing more…

Thank you…

______________________________________________________________

Well here I am, back at home. It’s been more of a home, now, since Father has been out of it, honestly. I have been slowly getting rid of those tacky little things that Mother insisted upon collecting for the favor of others, and generally making the house foal-proof, since there was going to be a foal residing here. I flopped in the easy chair in the study, tiredly. This had been a long day.

But, there was, one bright spot in the day…

A unicorn mare with a bright yellow coat and gold colored mane, dressed in actually a finer maid outfit then what father had her wear. Much more comfortable and functional. She smiled at me. “It’s good to see you, Prince. How was your day?”

“About normal, Squeaky,” I said with a sigh. “Father despises me, Mother is lost in a world that never really existed, and I just got hit upside the head with a frying pan.”

“Oh my goodness are you hurt?” She said, fussing over me.

“I’m fine, Squeaky, really,” I tried to reassure her. “it’s honestly the least I deserve after all I’ve done.”

She smiled again. “Prince, you’ve really changed.”

“I have?” I said.

“The old you would’ve berated me or threaten to fire me. The old you would’ve never gotten over to Miss Rarity’s house to try and apologize. I’m really proud of you, in fact…” She put a hoof to her belly, by now it was starting to show. “both of us are.”

I smiled and said, “May I..?”

“Of course.” She replied.

I slowly laid a hoof on her belly, feeling my half brother kick. It was really a beautiful thing. It wasn’t a feeling you could get by money or status. This feeling, inside my heart that causes me to want to leap for joy upon feeling that one kick…

What did Aunt Celestia call it...Love..?

This...this is true love..I hope to see you little brother...when you come out...you’ll have a brother who is truly worthy of you…

I hope…

I guess, that’s all I really have now. Then again, sometimes that’s all you really need…

Just a little bit of hope...

Author's Note:

Bit of a shorter, fluff piece for all of you. Get ready next time for "On a Cross and Bullet"

Comments ( 8 )

Wow.... I forgot how awesome Blueblood would've been had he been nicer.

I think this story is like Idrena's story. She was stuck up until Irenius was born. To be honest when I read about Rarity and the frying pan I was thinking of tangled. Best of luck with the next case and Side story. I hope you got enough ideas.

Wow...you actually picked my idea. I am flattered. :pinkiehappy:

I should let you know, Squeaky Clean inspired my own OC that would be paired with Blueblood in another story.

Can't wait for more.

You actually made me like Blueblood, I'm impressed. Great little side story,

It's nice to see a reformed and changed Blueblood though that frying pan made me wince a bit reading that.

You have done the impossible---make Blueblood sympathetic. I truly feel for his current status now: Though it looks like things have basically gone to shit with his father behind bars and his mother appears to be insanely lost w/o any sign of recovery, I'm glad that even something like Blueblood has something worth looking forward to---seeing his little brother for the first time.

Maybe he's gonna turn out to be a good egg after all. And I do like that despite all that happened with Squeaky, Prince (still surprised that Prince is his acutal name, not a title!! :pinkiegasp:) is willing to allow Squeaky a place to live as well as have someone also here to help with her pregnancy.

Somehow, the impossible has happened. I'm feeling sorry for Blueblood.:rainbowderp:
If you can do this, you deserve a million of these:
:moustache:

If this is a side story for Noir 2, how come Prince Blueblood isn't in jail?

EDIT: Nevermind. I saw you meant season 2, case 1 not case 2.

Login or register to comment