• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 6,877 Views, 161 Comments

Sonic Boom To Sonic Rainboom - Mat the Brawler



A crossover with sonic the hedgehog told from Rainbow Dash's perspective.

  • ...
19
 161
 6,877

Lazy Days in Paradise

Lazy Days in Paradise

“‘Cause I know I can go where no one’s ever gone and I’m not lookin’ back.” I awoke to Sonic’s voice. Soon my vision cleared up. I was in the familiar location of a hospital bed. Next to my bed was Sonic’s. In his hand was a small black box. Strings covered in white rubber led to his ears. In his ears were white stubs. He bobbed his head in a rhythm, mumbling what sounded like lyrics to a song, with his eyes closed. Soon his eyes came open and he saw I was looking at him.
“Oh, ‘afternoon Dash good to see you’re alright.” He took the things off his ears. Glancing at the box, which lit up, he pressed his finger to it. It went blank again.
“Same to you.” I smiled. “How long have I been out?”
“I woke up about an hour ago, but Tails and Amy told me it’s been about three days.”
"What there days! How!?"
"I guess you got a bit tired out."
"Still, I've lost so much time." I paused. "Well anyways where are the super emeralds?"
"They turned back into the Chaos Emeralds and Elements of harmony. The emeralds scattered like they normally do but the elements or with Twilight."
“Oh that's good. I guess I should contact my friends now.”
“Yeah, want me to do that for you?”
“Sure, when do you get out?”
“In ‘bout an hour or two.”
“Then I’ll just tell a nurse.”
“If you want, but Tails is in town. I can just send him a message on this.” He held the box up.
“What is that?”
“Just something Tails made, he’s a genius, and basically it’s a simplified version of his handheld. It can play music, send messages, and lots of other things. He dropped it off when he visited about thirty minutes ago.”
“Wow, how many ponies have those?”
“Well maybe he gave a few to our other friends, but lots of the people from my world have them; he makes a living off this stuff.” He fiddled with the device. “Well this and our adventures. And there you go, it’s sent.”
Sure enough the gadget worked. A few minutes Tails and the others, along with a nurse, came into our room. The nurse ran some exams and told me to take it easy and that I could leave with Sonic, then she let my friends talk to me.
“We haven’t been properly introduced, I’m Miles Prower, but everyone calls me Tails.” The twin tailed fox introduced himself.
“I’m Rainbow Dash, nice to meet you.” I smiled.
“It’s super-duper great to see that you’re okay Dashie!” Pinkie cut in front of tails sending him reeling. “Opp, sorry Tails.”
“It’s alright.” He sighed. Sonic chuckled. Tails shot Sonic a dirty look sending. Sonic whistled casually.
“Any ways it’s nice to see you too Pinkie.” I turned to the others. “It’s good to see all you guys.”
“Likewise.” Twilight responded.
“Same tuh you.” Applejack answered.
“Indeed.” Rarity followed.
“Thank Celestia that you’re okay.” Fluttershy added.

…………………………………………………..An hour later………………………………………………….

“So what do we do next?” I asked as we walked out of the hospital.
“Well Tails decided to move here and I think I’ll settle here too, so I need to get that taken care of.”
“The girls and I can help.” I offered.
“That would be nice.” He turned to me as we walked. “But I hope you like adventure, ‘cause when I’m around its more or less inevitable.”
“That should be fun!” I retorted. With that we walked to town hall to get Sonic a house.
It’s been a few months since then and we’ve already had some pretty awesome adventures. Sonic’s friends are all pretty nice and we get along well. Life here in Ponyville is more or less a whirl-wind of excitement, but with the original elements of harmony and the fastest thing alive it’s no problem.

The End!

[Sonic Heroes starts playing as the credits roll by]

[Authors note: If you're raging at me 'cause "Sonic can't have a phone!" play the demo of the mobile version of Sonic 4 Ep.1 and let Sonic do his idol animation.]

Comments ( 49 )

First! :pinkiehappy:

Awesome story btw

...Sonic Heroes?

...As in my first Sonic game ever?

I have now proven that nostalgia can cause physical pain. IT BURNS!

755647

*is a smoldering pile of ash*







So.... sequel, right? Maybe? I dunno... hopefully?

755650 Yes and no. The next story will be a Rayman crossover, but in this continuity. Thus, Sonic and Tail will be there.

As much as I loved this, there should be more Sonic Adventure 2 references. Also,

"Stings covered in white rubber"

Stings?

759758 Besides Shadow and Rouge being introduced not much happened in that game.

759954 WHY DID YOU USE THE WORST SONIC GAME"S MUSIC FOR THE CREDITS?!

790984 1) I like Heroes!
2) It's an amazing song.
3) Sonic 06 is the worst.

802163 2006 had such long loading screens! Ug you are so right!

805858 Not to mention that Sonic controlled like he was drunk. :rainbowlaugh:

807960 Even the machines were hard to control!

Holy shit there is a ad with a bunch of sonic the hedgehog pictures below the story LOL.:rainbowlaugh:

820620 Good one my fellow pun-ster! :rainbowlaugh:

I'm doing a read through of this story. y'all can find it here:

1108207 OMG! Thank you so much! I assure you that this gets better though, I admit it has it's ups and downs in terms of qualiy, but more often than not I didn't have a chance to write.

I have not started reading this yet, but naming each chapter after a theme from various Sonic The Hedgehog games was a very nice touch.

Finished reading. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! Awesome job! :pinkiehappy:

are you going to make another one?:pinkiehappy:

2007690 Working on a Kirby one right now, as for a squeal maybe! :pinkiehappy:

2008501 Awesome cant wait love your work :moustache: :pinkiehappy:

2010104 I got a few chapters of the Kirby one up now if you wanna check it out.

2010154 awesome already read the whole thing cant wait for more :pinkiehappy: :twilightsheepish:

This is one of the best mlp stories I've ever read. I'm a story teller myself and, just by reading this, I want to ask you if I could write a story that's related to it. In fact, since I'm such a big fan of Shadow, I want to make this story more interesting by adding another side of the story. It would be called "Sonic Boom to Sonic Rainboom, Shadow's Story." I wasn't sure if you're going to write something like that, but I've already got the story in mind. I just want to ask you If I can write and share this story to all Bronies, Pegasisters, and Sonic fans...,and Shadow fans.

Also, I saw your walkthrough on Sonic generations.........and now I finally know what your voice sounds like.

I love how you make fluttershy so epic in this story kinda puts her above the other mlp characters but I guess that makes sense considering she`s rainbow`s best friend :yay:

Comment posted by SpyketheRAWRCat deleted Apr 12th, 2013

“‘Cause I know I can go where no one’s ever gone and I’m not lookin’ back.”

BEST. SONG. AND. GAME. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

Oh good, my story is the same as yours only Shadow tells how it was like for him. There will be some parts where I use your story but only where we meet Shadow in the story. Also it will explain why Sonic is the seventh element of harmony. I might not have put enough references to any games in the story yet, but I'm working on it. I actually changed the title to "Shadow vs. A New World" because I thought the other title was...long. And I said that I was inspired by you and your GENIUS story to write mine. I actually have it ready for you to check out, I just couldn't wait to share it!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I wrote it.

2346170 But Shadow, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles were trapped the whole time...

Yeah, but the story would make more sense. Plus, even if Shadow was trapped for about 2 days, he would eventually find a way out. Another option is Eggman could find them one at a time. Say he finds Tails first and shows him to Sonic and Rainbow after they encounter Metal Sonic. Also remember in Sonic X how everyone was separated after Eggman used chaos control. This is kind of the same thing. But, if you don't want it to be that way, because it's actually your story, I can always remove it.

2349512 He captured them when Sonic was teleported.

Yeah but,...it would....make it....more interesting. Alright, you know what, do you want me to just remove it? I wrote it because Shadow is my favorite, and so some parts in the story would make sense, and that I loved YOUR story more than any other stories I've read that I was inspired to write another that relates to it!.......Sorry, I didn't mean to shout. I just.........your story.........just tell me what you think, OK. If you want me to remove it, that's fine. If you want to compromise, I can do that too.


.........I'm not ready to face critics.

2352956 You don't need to remove it, it's an interesting idea. Let's just make it, like all fanfics, a "What if" story. :raritywink::twilightsmile:

1. Hmm.......That might work. I'm glad you understand, but have you actually read it yet?
2. Reason I'm not ready to face critics, I'm not saying that YOU are one, because this is actually the first story I've ever written, EVER. So I lied, I'm not a storyteller, but I want to be one. Also, I'm actually a 14-year-old pegasister who's only met one Brony in life and has to deal with getting low grades in *th grade. So yeah, I might not be ready to face the world yet.


.......Man, I'm a lot like Fluttershy.

2342960 tailsdoll looks epi

2415323Thanx! The Tails Doll is so overlooked!:flutterrage:

bad luck ITS SO SHORT
AHHH
all mlp/sonic are cut off
or there short :(:fluttercry:
but it was a great story

3907726 It was my first fic, give me a break.

I read the whole story in about an hour . . . And you know what I like that, nice short story to give me a break from the story's I'm reading with 100+ chapters! the pacing felt a little rushed and I don't think you went into as much detail as you could have. But I still enjoyed it none the less well done, especially for your first fic and to be honest I don't think you HAD to go I to detail anyway, so thanks for the story I think I'll go give you other fics a read.

i hope you make a sequel :D

This Story Sucks!

7483505 I suppose, but you do realize that you replied to a several year old comment, right?

Cool story bro

Three things:

1: Every critique can be answered with GOTTA GO FAST

2:
i.imgur.com/B8NhHq9.gif

3: 37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m671ri8PYh1rwfb9jo1_500.gif

Login or register to comment