• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 6,877 Views, 161 Comments

Sonic Boom To Sonic Rainboom - Mat the Brawler



A crossover with sonic the hedgehog told from Rainbow Dash's perspective.

  • ...
19
 161
 6,877

Down in the Base

Chapter 4: Down in the Base

“I guess McNose-Hair found out that I’m here, and started to send egg pawns over.” Sonic concluded his story.
Silence fell over the library. Everypony was letting the situation sink in for a bit. Even though I knew the answer I couldn’t help thinking ‘Could this be true?’ I knew we had to help him. He may not be showing it, but I could tell he was worried. His situation reminded me of when I was stuck at the bottom of Ghastly Gorge. I thought I would be stuck there forever. When all hope was lost my pet tortoise Tank came to my rescue. Just like I need help then, Sonic needed help now.
“Come on you guys, we need to help him.” I broke the silence.
“Rainbow’s right.” A weak voice claimed. It came from Fluttershy. She was a shy mare, though she warmed up to Sonic quickly after he saved her life. Her coat was yellow with a pink mane. Butterflies covered her flank.
“Ah reckon it’s the least we could do.” Applejack agreed. She always wore a hat over her blond mane, which she tied toward the bottom. Her fur was deep orange, with apples on her flank.
“Let’s do it!” Pinkie bounced.
“Sounds like a plan.” Twilight coincided.
“If those gems are needed I can find them in an instant.” Rarity added, her curled purple mane flowing against her white body as she showed him her diamond cutie mark.

“Guy’s before we head off, can you tell me something?” Sonic asked.

“Sure.” I told him.

“What’s with those tattoos on your sides?”
“Those are our cutie marks,” Twilight explained. “They appear when a pony finds their special talent, and it signals what that talent is.”
“Oh, that’s pretty interesting.”
“Don’t you get something similar?” Pinkie asked.
“Not really.”
A knock came to the door.
“I’ll get it!” Said Spike. He was a purple baby dragon with green scales going down his spine. He was also Twilight’s number one assistant.
When the door swung open and the Mayor, a tan pony with a gray mane and scroll cutie mark, and Princes Celestia, a white pony with a flowing rainbow mane and sun for a cutie mark, were on the other side. The seven of us bowed as is customary, and Sonic eventually caught-on and kneeled down with his head hung and an arm across his chest.
“Good evening Princess Celestia and madam Mayor, how can we help you?” Twilight asked.
“Good evening, my prized pupil,” The Princes began. “We were told that the hero that saved all Ponyville was here.” Her eyes scanned the room. “And that would be him, I take it.” She pointed at Sonic.
We all rose as he said. “Yes.”
“What is your name?” The royal mare asked with a smile.
“I’m Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog!” He responded.
“Do you always have to introduce yourself like that?” I cut in.
“Sorry, force of habit.” He looked back to Celestia.
“Well Mr. Sonic, thank you for saving our town.” The mayor said.
Sonic just smiled.
“I’d like to thank you as well. Who knows what they would have done to all of Equestria if you didn’t stop them.” Celestia added.

“Seriously, it was nothing.” Sonic said with a smug grin.

“Now where are you from?” Celestia questioned.

Sonic summarized his tale.

“So you must collect these emeralds to return to your world?” Celestia rephrased.

“Yeah.” Sonic Confirmed.
“Well in that case I’ll provide somewhere for you to spend the night.” The Mayor offered.
Outside Luna’s starry night could be seen.
“Thanks, but that won’t be necessary.” Sonic corrected. “I don’t really have a house at the moment so I just sleep in a tree or on a plain or something.”
“Well if that’s what you want to do, but please make yourself at home.” The mayor told him.
Looks like you are all in for a big day tomorrow so we’ll leave you to sleep.” Celestia said.
After saying our good byes we all headed home, except for Sonic who decided to sleep on the leaves of the library. Tomorrow the hunt would begin.