• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 785 Views, 36 Comments

Small Stallion Is Small - Fat1thatyoulove



Meet one of ponyville strangest residents Stony an unusually short Stallion with a strange job and even stranger secrets.

  • ...
1
 36
 785

Epilogue

Epilogue

The later morning sun has now started to come over Ponyville, which begins to bring out everypony in town. Truthfully I do not like to trot through the main street of Ponyville, mainly because of how many other ponies use this as their only way to get from place to place.

But, right the decision on which way to go back home with is no where near the front of my mind. Instead, that spot has been taken by the fear of becoming a father.

I can only assume the mare beside me is having the same thoughts, seeing as how we have not really said anything to each other since our break down in the hospital.

However as our tort nears the end of the main street the mare beside me speaks up, "Can we go to Granny's grave?"

The stranger comment after what we have gone through today takes me a little off guard, but I give a simple nod as I speak up, "Yes."

My words nod the mare's head as she picks her speed up a little and starts to drift away from our current path towards one of the side street outlets of the town's main street.

- - -
(A little later)

Our trot has quickly brought us to the long one story building that yesterday was a buzy with apple family ponies; however, today it lays still and quiet.

My eyes drift a little from the building though as I direct the trot towards the locked gate that sits a little behind the building. Normally the rule is that no pony is allowed on the grounds without some kind of previous arrangement, but seeing as how I work here I naturally do not have to follow that rule.

I pause for a moment as I bring my magic up to the locked gate, normally I would have a key but seeing as how I was the one who put this lock and it's magical charm on it it poses no problem to take off. The gate swings open a little to my hoof as I trot inside and wait for the mare beside me to continue in.

As she does I close the gate and hook the lock to one of the bars for when we leave.

I turn my attention back to the mare as we begin to trot down the path towards the new graves area.

Despite all the colorful flowers that sit up against the well kept grey gravestones this area of Ponyville seems a lot less friendly and inviting than the rest. Which of of course is to be expected, still though as I trot next to the silent mare I can not help but feel upset to her down expression.

The decent paced trot we hold quickly brings us to the newer graves, however my trot stops as the professional side of me allows Applejack to continue forward alone.

The grass in front of us has been freshly laid, and the flowers set in front of the engraved stone are unwelted bright orange and yellow. From my spot I can hear Applejack's voice, but I can not quite make out what she is saying.

I hold my head to a respectful low as the murmur of her voice continues to loft into the world towards the grave.

For the next for minutes I just stand there, letting the mare continuing to say whatever she needs and at the same time allowing my mind to settle with everything I have learned lately.

However, Applejack starts to turn I speak up, "Ready to go?"

The mare nods as she speaks up, "Ya."

Her trot comes towards me a little, but she stops as she looks me over. As her emerald eyes roll over my face I shift a little as I speak up, "What?"

Applejack continues to look me over as she shrugs, "Just look'n."

I blink to the comment as I turn to trot with her, "Alright."

As my words come down Applejack sets her sight back to the gate, "You know you're gonna be the one to tell Big Mac right?"

My ear flicks to the comment as I speak up with a slight laugh, "So...You want me to die early?"

The comment cocks a slight smirk to the mare as she turn her head to me. I hold my own stare to the mare as we continue our trot towards the cemetery’s gate.

End

Comments ( 4 )

Honestly that was a pretty awesome story

3862383

Good, then if you want to see where Stony got his start you might try the MAybe series. Seeing as how Stony is just the side character for the series, also the MAybe series is much longer and more in depth for the characters.

I wonder how far Big Mac will throw him. I bet he can make him land at the little archway to the barn/house from the house door. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment