• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 785 Views, 36 Comments

Small Stallion Is Small - Fat1thatyoulove



Meet one of ponyville strangest residents Stony an unusually short Stallion with a strange job and even stranger secrets.

  • ...
1
 36
 785

Chapter 17

Chapter 17 – A tale to be told

The sun continues to pour into my bedroom as I slowly start to stir to life. Truthfully I should not be this tired, but yesterday's magical attempts and all the emotional roller coaster that I was exposed to have taken their toll on me.

And as I move to the edge of my bed I feel my head starting to fill with the strange pressure that always precedes a failed spell. A slight groan comes to me as I start out of the window of my room, "I want Applejack's hooves again..."

I slowly move from my bed as I turn my head back to make it, however as I try to spark up the spell I find the pressure in my head to great. So instead I bring my hooves to the covers as I try to pull them into place, but after only a few moments and realizing I would have to actually walk around the multiple times to actually get the dumb thing made me quit.

A little goran comes from me as I turn into the hallway and speak up, "Spider Mane if for some reason you figure out how to use your hairy spider legs to make my bed I'll put you in a jar of several female spiders...And I may even fix your face afterwards."

I stretch my legs as I start to trot into the living room, however before I ever get have way into the living room a thought rolls through my mind, "Oh...Forgot to brush my teeth."

- - -
(A short morning routine later)

My normal short routine has started to come to an end as I hold my hoof to the almost empty coffee cup in my hoof. I have already mentally planned to go and check on Applejack and everypony else, but I had not planned on still feeling this tired.

Half of my mind screams to just go back into the hall and flop back into the probably still warm bed. But, I hold that thought from taking control as I down the last little bit of my drink.

A hot breathed exhale runs from my mouth as I set the cup back to the bed and start to stand, my early morning sounds ring out one last time as I stretch my legs out the last time and start to trot towards the door.

My trot brings me out into the early morning world fairly quick as I turn my head towards the warmth of the day's rays.

A pleasant sigh rolls from the bottom of my throat as I start my trot into full gear, all the while locking my eyes to the shady tree path that lays in front of me.

The simple path has started to bloom as the later spring month starts to bring out the small patches of flowers that grow around the tree line to either side of the road. Despite the fact that only a few patches of flowers have fully opened this early on, although the smell of wild flowers has always been something that has slightly messed with my nose.

Luckily through, my few minute trot starts to come to its end as I near the opening to the farm. However, as I look around the area I quickly near I find no sign of anypony, which starts to slow my trot as I realize that maybe they still have family over.

But, despite my thoughts I continue to trot on as I drift my eyes to the house in the middle of the dirt yard area.

I still however continue my trot a little as I look around for any pony, but as I realize no pony is out here I bring myself to the front door as I knock.

The door quickly comes open to the younger light yellow coated mare, "Oh...Hello Stony."

I hold my original question back as I look over the young pony's face, "Hello Apple Bloom...How are you doing?"

The mare shrugs as she slowly bring her voice out, "Ah the same as everyponie else."

Her low words bring another nod from my head as I just stand at the door way. Luckily though the need for me to speak up does not arise as I listen to the mare, "If you're look'n for mah sister she's upstairs, but she's not really up for talk'n right now, see'n how she's sick again."

I blink to the comment as I speak up, "Really?"

Apple Bloom nods her head as she takes a step aside, "But, we're all kinda down though."

To the mare's position from the door I come in, but I swing my head around the room as I speak up, "Where's Big Mac?"

Apple Bloom starts her trot back towards the kitchen as her lower voice comes up, "Ah think he went to go and talk to Mrs.Cheerilee about me not going to school for a little or something like that."

I nod to the comment as I close the door behind me, "Alright." As my words come down I turn my tort towards the stairs as I start up them with a slower pace.

My trot up the stairs only takes a few moments as I take my first hoof into the hall and towards the last door on the right in the hall.

However I only get halfway before the sound of a toilet flushing and the sight of one of the closet doors opening almost in my face stops me. I quickly jerk my head back as I watch the frizzed maned orange coated mare stepping out.

Applejack quickly takes notice to the stallion next to her as she speaks up, "What are you doing here Stony?"

I shrug as I speak up, "I wanted to see how everypony was doing." I hold my eyes to the mare as I look over the slight bags under her eyes, "...Are you okay?"

The mare turns back towards the other end of the hall as she nods and starts to trot away, "I'm just as good as everypony else."

Her long legged trot brings me forward as I speak up, "Are you feeling okay?"

My words halt her for a moment as she cocks her head back to me, "Well no, me and Big Mac didn't get any sleep last night on account of poor Apple Bloom." She shakes her head as her voice lowers, "She may not be a filly anymore but this was not somethin' age don't prepare you for."

I nod to the comment but I continued my assault of questions as I look the mare over, "But are you okay?"

Applejack blinks to me for a moment as she nods, "Ya, just a little stomach thing is all."

The mare's nonchalant voice squints my eyes as I look over the mare, "Have you been checked out later?"

My words rolls the mare's eyes as she starts her trot back up, "It's not that bad."

"What?" I spark my horn up as my magic wraps to her uncombed tail, "...How long have you been feeling bad? I know it's been more than a few days."

Applejack moves a hoof to pull her tail from my magic as she speaks up, "Not that long it's fine."

I straighten my posture as I speak up, "I'm going to take you to the doctor's."

A little laugh comes up from the mare as she cocks her head, "What are you gunna carry me?"

My stance is unchanged as I stare up a little up to the taller mare in front of me. The stare brings the mare's voice up as she shakes her head, "I'm fine Stony-.."

"Oh and wasn't Granny Smith fine just a few hours before?"

Applejack's ears flick to the words as she puts her head down a little, "S-stony that was really bold you know..."

I wave a hoof to the comment as I speak up, "Good, then you should be listening now. You should make sure there is nothing wrong with you, that way no pony has to feel any worse."

The mare's head stays down as she looks me over, "Y-you're really not being the most supportive friend at a time like this..."

The comment flicks my ear as I speak up, "I like to think of myself as something more than just a friend...Now come on, I'm taking you to the doctor's."

My unmoved face holds to the mare as Applejack shifts her eyes a little.

But before she can speak up I spark my horn up to tug a little on her as I turn back, "I can still drag you if In need to."

"Hold your hooves! I'm coming." The magic around her is dropped as she gives a little sigh and starts in front of me, "But you're paying, there's nothing wrong with me and ya'll dragging me from everypony here."

I shrug to the comment as I follow after the down the stairs.

However, the sound of our hooves brings Apple Bloom back into the room down stairs as she speaks up, "Where you two go'n?"

Applejack's trot comes to an end as she turns her attention to the young pony in the room, "Uh..."

To her stall I speak up, "I'm taking your sister to the doctor's."
"What? Why?"

Applejack shoots a little annoyed stare to me as she trots towards Apple Bloom, "There's nothing wrong, just got to make sure we got all the paperwork and such."

The young mare just blinks to the comment as she slowly nods, "A-alright? Can I come?"

Applejack shakes her head to the comment as she speaks up, "No, um...You should be here in case Big Mac comes back early, wouldn't want him thinking something happened you know?"

"Alright."

To the mare's answer Applejack turns her trot towards the door as she opens it, "I'll be back soon."

I follow the mare out of the house with a burning question to my mind, however as I close the door behind me I speak up, "You lied to Apple Bloom?"

Applejack's ear flicks to the comment as she speaks up, "No I didn't...We can still make sure we got all of Granny Smith's paper work while we're there."

I blink to the mare as my fear to something being truly wrong starts to grow a little more, I hold my voice down as we start towards the opening in the fence.

- - -
(An hour or so later)

The bright plain white walls around us are a dim reminder to how long we have been sitting in Ponyveille's hospital since the doctor first came in to get a few samples from Applejack.

The chair I have been sitting in no longer gives me any support to my lower body, and as a result I find it a little harder to keep my back hooves on the ground instead of a little above it like they usually would be.

However just as I start to feel the burn to my back the mare at the examining table speaks up.

"How long have we been here?"

I turn my head to the mare's hard stare towards the door as I speak up, "Um...A little."

Applejack continues to tumble her hooves in her lap as she nods, "Well how come they ain't come back yet?"

As her words come down the door opens to the caramel colored unicorn that comes into the room with his snout buried to the clipboard in front of him.

My eyes, much like Applejack's lock to the stallion as he slowly bring the clipboard from his face, to reveal his stern staring eyes, "From what we can tell you seem to have the first stages of Neoplasia cancer."

Applejack's ear flicks to the comment as speaks up, "What?!"

The doctor looks back to the chart as he nods, "Yes, it is a skin cancer brought on by the sun-...Oh wait."

His pause brings my voice up now as I stand from the chair, "What? Wait what?"

The doctor's face comes up from the clipboard as he speaks up, "OH my, y-your Applejack right?"

The mare quickly shakes her head as she speaks up, "Yes?!"

"Oohhh..." The doctor waves his hoof as he gives a shaky little smile, "I am so sorry, this is the paper for the other room..." A nervous laugh comes up from the stallion as he turns his eyes quickly back to the paper and away from mine and Applejack's angry gaze, "Yes, here we go, Applejack..."

The stallion clears his throat as he nods to the paper, "Yes, i'm so sorry about that, but congratulations you're pregnant."

The stallion's words freeze mine and Applejack's voices and stares as we both just blink to the stallion in front of us.

Doctor Stable blinks between us as he puts the clipboard down a little, "Um...I take it neither of you knew?"

I flop back to the chair as all of my rage and anger from the first diagnosis quickly turns into a confusing relief and joy.

Applejack shakes her head as she stutters out a questions, "S-so i'm pregnant?"

The stallion clear his throat again as he nods, "Yes, your morning sickness and fatigue has just been made worst by all the stress you have been under the last few days and also from your daily routines on the farm." The stallion floats the clipboard back to his face along with a pin as he speaks up, "Which reminds me you should take things slow until you body gets use to itself, and you should not eat any apples for a little, the acid in the apples will make the morning sickness worse."

Applejack just gives a slow nod as she speaks up, "I'm pregnant?"

Doctor Stable's smile slightly drops as he speaks up, "Y-yes..."

Aigan the orange mare at the table rocks her head a little as she speaks up, "Pregnant?"

The mare's voice starts to make the stallion at the door feel a little uneasy as he nods, "Um..You know I think i'm going to give you two a few minutes. S-sorry about the mishap early, um no charge if you don't tell anypony about that."

The doctor slowly moves back to the doorway as he close it and disappears behind the safety of the wood door.

To the closed door I slowly turn my head to the mare as I bring my voice up a little, "W-well you're okay."

My voice slowly turns the mare's head as she stands from her seat at the examination table, "Okay? OKAY?! You said that spell would mean nothing would happen?!"

I nod as my ears flop down, "Y-yes but that doesn't mean it would work the other-.."
She turns her gaze away from me as she starts to pace a little, "H-how can I help around the farm if I can't do anything? H-how can I raise a foal when I have everythin' else I have to do how-how can I-.."

The mare's rant continues a little as I swallow a little, "Applejack..."

My voice doesn't nothing to the mare as she continues to pace, "How can I possibly look after a foal with all the crazy things that happen in Ponyville?!" She turns back to me as she points a hoof to me, "Have you ever seen a change'lin?! Or-or that Discord?"

Her pacing around the room comes back up as she shakes her head, "I'm mean sure Twilight can do it b-but look at everything that she's gone through!"

"Applejack..."

"...I-I don't even know how to-.."

"APPLEJACK!"

My louder shout halts the mare as she turns her head back to me. The mare's pinned eyes make me shake a little as I stand up from my seat, "Y-you're not alone in this..."

The mare just blinks to me as I continue, "...I'll be there for you." I rub my hoof to my neck as I realizes the ability to find the right words starts to falter a little, "I-I mean it is my fault to y-you know? And I am not going to just let you-..."

My words are cut off as the mare in front of my lunges at me and bring me into a emotionally shaking and tight hug, "OH Stony!"

I feel my eyes being squeezed from their holes from the mare's strength as I just pat her back, "Y-yep."

The mare's hold does not alter as I feel it harder to breath, although I do not complain as I continue to just rub the mare's back, "I-it's alright."

The death grip around me starts to come undone as she takes herself from me and brings a hoof to her water filling eyes.

Her voice comes up with a shaky tone as she speaks up, "I-I sorry I got you into this Stony... I s-should have never had bother you those few weeks ag-..."

I cut her voice off as I stand to the tips of my hooves and plant a kiss to her.

Granted, my stance does not make it the most magical of things and I find myself stumbling a little as I break it, but the mare's voice has gone silent as I speak up, "It's alright Applejak."

The mare blinks to me for a moment, but her stare only last a few moments as she again lunges forwards to lock me into another hug.

A slight laugh rolls up from me as her weight to my unbalanced hooves sends me flopping back to the chair, but I rub my hoof to her all the same as I stare through the golden hay colored mane that lays over my face a little.

End of chapter 17