• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 785 Views, 36 Comments

Small Stallion Is Small - Fat1thatyoulove



Meet one of ponyville strangest residents Stony an unusually short Stallion with a strange job and even stranger secrets.

  • ...
1
 36
 785

Chapter 15

Chapter 15 – Peaceful

The new day's sun has come up with its warm orange and yellow glow holding high in the sky. However, the warmth of its life giving rays bring no joyous feeling or relaxing enjoyment of the new day.

Instead, my thoughts, much like my eyes and trot are locked to the large one flat story gray stone and dark wood building that stands out a little from the surrounding dull gray tombstones that sit behind the locked gate. Around the length one story building sits an array of colorful potted plants, most of which that have been magical enchanted to release their unique sweet and fresh scents year round.

However, their aroma holds no power over my focused mind as I start into the doors of the the building.

As I start into the room I turn my attention to the bright pink coated mare with a magenta and white mane as I speak up, "Hello Zinnia."

The earth mare's ear flicks to my voice as she almost jumps to the edge of her reception desk, "Oh Mr.TombStone, the pony you requested has arrived."

The mare's cheerful smile to the words makes me twinge a little as I realize that if this where any other pony it would be just another simple job. I bring my hoof to the small satchel around my body as I adjust it a little, "Y-yes...Thank you."

"Your quite welcome Mr.Tombstone."

As her words come down I start my trot further into building, however I only get a few hooves away before the mare's voice comes back up, "Um...Will you be needing any assistance? Mr.Waddle is not in, but I would be happy to help?"

I shake my head as I speak up, "No need."

The mare blinks to the comment as she nods, "Yes Mr.Tombstone."

Again as her sentence ends I start my trot up as I hold my sight to the door at the end at the hall that reads, Staff Only.

I bring my hoof to the door as I open it to the staircase down into the well lit basement. However, before I continue down I turn my attention back to the door as I lock it and close it behind me.

To the closed to I spark my horn up as I float my satchel from around my body.

However, my trot comes to a hold as I reach the last step on the stairs, leaving nothing but the open room left to look at. In the middle of the room sits that long silvery metal table, where the sheet covered pony lays. The room is cold, and smells of gauze, embalming fluid and other things used in my line of work.

I avert my eyes a little as I sigh, I have done my job for years and I have even unfortunately had to do what I do on foals from time to time...But this is the first time I have ever done this on somepony I knew.

Luckily though, I was able to keep that facts from surfacing, especially seeing as how no pony can see what i'm about to do.

My eyes turn to the two pony lift on the right side of the room as I spark my horn up to cut the power from it. To the powerless lift and the locked door I start to open my satchel a little, all the while continuing my tort towards the cold table.

The satchel float next to me as my magic quickly pulls a small tray table to roll over to me.

However, I hesitate before continuing as I just stare to the white tarp that sits over the pony in front of me. Although as I look over the covered body I bring my hooves to it as I reveal the head just to make sure i'm sad for the right pony.

As my eyes lock to the older mare's paler green face I turn away as I shiver a little, "I-I'm sorry my spell did not work..."

My horn sparks up as I float out a very small jar of maybe two or three gold hay colored pieces of mine that I was able to pull from the couch Applejack was sitting at. The next thing to float out is the dark maroon colored book, which I float over to me as I spin it to the a worn down page with a few side note scribbles I have put in over the years of having it.

Truthfully, this page has always scared me and the book as a whole as terrified me. Not because I'm afraid of it, but rather because i'm afraid of being caught with it. Necromancy has never been viewed an acceptable form of magic, and the things created from it are usually destroyed.

However, as I stare between the book and Granny Smith's face the only thing that comes to my mind is the burning image of Applejack's sad face.

I clench my teeth as I look over the older mare that lays before me. "I-if this was anypony else I..I would never do this..." The thoughts of all the foals and young ponies that I have seen being put into the ground flash through my mind as I stare to this old pony that has maybe a year or two left.

How can I do this for her? When I have allowed so many to be put away?

That thought burns to my head as I spark my horn up to uncap the jar of Applejack's mane, "If this where anyone else..."

I steady my breathing as I turn my head back to the book and begin to read. The truth of this matter is that magic like this I have tried before, the first time I saw a foal who had died of ammonia. Which was a common thing for young ponies in Neighagra Falls.

When I had tried my spell those few years ago it was my first time ever really trying necromancy, and I let my feelings get the better of me....

I close my eyes as I try to push the scene from my head, instead I just speak up with a positive sign, "I did not have anything to use..." My eyes look over the few strains of Applejack's mane that I float over to the book.

Although as I look over the book and read to myself, just to make sure i'm on track.

...To bring back a pony or larger creature the spell user must provide some form of that pony's living self. With simpler spells an exact match is not need, an example would be if a fly dies and the spell users provides any other body part of a fly of the same species (from when living). However, for this spell it is recommended to have something of said pony or creature to be used, for the best results. Resurrection spells are made simpler with the addition of sacrifice spells, see page 130. If no sacrifice is available please see below...

I swallow as I nod to few strains of mane that technically are poor examples of what to use. But not having anything from the old mare when she was alive, and not wanting to put the Apple family at risk if somepony finds out about my secret obsession with this magic makes this the only option.

"Applejack is her granddaughter...That should be fine."

As my words come down I turn my attention back to the book as I locate the instructions for the spell.

I clear my minds of any doubt as best I can as my horn sparks up in a brighter blue glow. The few stairs of mane on the book come up as they start to spin a little and a ball of magic start to form.

The chime of my magic rings to the room and resonates to the lift's shaft with an almost booming sound that I am sure must be at least heard up stairs...But I continue the spell as the swirling ball of magic comes up from the book and starts to take on a purple coloring.

I feel my horn starting to tense up and my mind starting to pound from the intense and higher level spell as I slowly float it to the mare.

The book is dropped from my hold along with the glass jar that now shatters to the ground, but I hold my spell as I bring my hoof up to open the mare's mouth for the approaching ball of magic.

I force the spell ball into the mare's mouth, as it passes into her the mare's coat glows a little. I stomp my hoof back to the ground as I clench my eyes and focus my weakening magic to continue onward with the spell.

The intense chime of my magic rings to my ears as I clench my teeth harder to my whisper, "Please work..."

The few moments of my spell starts to feel like somepony screaming right into my ear and I now start to feel a steady stream of something warm flowing from my nose.

But just as the spell start to get to much my horn pops and I take in a deep breath as I fall back to my flank.

I pant hard as I bring my hoof to my slightly bloody nose.

However as I stare to the unmoved mare on the table I feel my anger and sadness starting to bubble over as I slam my hooves to the floor like a little foal having a tantrum, "That has to have worked!"

No answer comes from the table as I stand to my shaky hooves and trot over to her again, "It has to!" My horn sparks up again as I wrap my magic to the mare's head; the purple glow like before comes up as I lower my head and try to bring the spell into gear again.

My breathing is heavy and my eyes are shut as I push forward with the weak spell I can muster.

But, my stamina catches up to me as I drop my magic and take in a deep breath of defeat. My head hangs low as I stare to the floor; however, as I do this my ear flicks to a sound, "What's wrong Stony?"

I snap my head to the mare's unmoved face as the voice runs to my head. However the mare's eyes stay closed and her mouth is unopened. "G-Granny Smith?"

"I see you finally said my name."

The voice takes me back a little as I step away from the table, "W-where are you?"

"Why are you upset Stony?"

I shake my head for the moment as I try to locate the sound of the voice, however as I stare to the full pony in front of me my eyes pick up a small white almost thin cloud like thing above the table.

"Y-you need to come back."

My words bring a slight echoed laugh as the old ponies voice continues to chime to the room, "It's my time Stony, thank you for making it easier for me these last few months."

I shake my head to the comment as I speak up, "Please, I-I can't stand to see Applejack an-and Big Mac and Apple Bloom upset."

For a moment nothing comes up as I just sit in the quiet room, "You have to."

"They're big ponies...And I know that now."

My head sinks to the words as I nod knowing what she means.

"Stony...Do watch after Applejack for me."

The words flick my ear as I speak up, "Of course..."

Just as my words ring out the mist over the body comes to an end, I just stare to half covered mare as I close my eyes and regain my thoughts. My lips quiver and my nose is a little sniffly as I try to bring myself back to a professional mind set.

I try to pull myself together as I turn my sight to the shelves that stand behind me with all of the equipment I'll be needing. I slowly bring my trot up as I move my hooves over the broken jar on the ground.

A shaky breath comes from me as I look over the selves, "Lets make you look good Granny Smith..."

End of chapter 15