• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 785 Views, 36 Comments

Small Stallion Is Small - Fat1thatyoulove



Meet one of ponyville strangest residents Stony an unusually short Stallion with a strange job and even stranger secrets.

  • ...
1
 36
 785

Chapter 16

Chapter 16 – Short but not sweet

The day has roll on with its normal speed for the process I usually have to go through. For the most part I have always worked fast, seeing as how fur generally does not take that much time to work with, especially on an older pony.

I have however be a little slow to give the attention to the mare's face.

"Excuse me Mr.Tombstone? Are you okay?"

My ear flicks to the voice as I turn my head towards the stairs as I stand from the high top chair I was sitting at, "Oh yes I'm fine."

I quickly come to the stairs as I bring my magic to unlock the door, but just as the pink mare starts into the staircase I shook my head back to the room as I flick the switch to the power of the lift.

"The family has started to arrive, is she ready to be moved?" The mare's voice rings in from the staircase hall as she quickly comes into the room.

I nod to the comment as I give a simple smile, "Yes, she is perfect."

"Oh good." The mare turns her head back into the stairs as she calls out, "You can bring the casket down now."

The words turn my body as I bring my trot back to the satchel I put on the bottom of the work shelves. I float the bag up to me as I adjust it to my body, "Oh and Zinnia, you can tell Mr.Waddle that I will be taking over this funeral."

The mare blinks to the comment as she nods, "O-okay Mr.Tombstone, but there is a lot of ponies for this family-..."

"It's fine Zinnia." I give her another little smile as I pull out a colorful but not flashy tie, I quickly bring the fabric around my neck as I move past the mare and start up the stairs. Ponyville is a quite town, and on a regular week no more than one or so ponies ever really pass away. Although as I come into the upstairs room my ear flicks to the sound of everypony's voices.

I look around to all the ponies as I start to put on a the rarely seen friendly smile I bring up to all the ponies I have never seen before.

The chatter in the room of all the sad ponies does not even really alter to my short frame as I easily pass through everypony to the group I really care for.

After weaving around the few ponies I quickly latch my eyes to the three familiar ponies as I look over their worn out eyes. Applejack's normal cow girl hat has been replaced with a black version that I would say looks good on her, if this were any other event that is. Big Mac has a nice tie around his neck and the younger mare on his side has a black bow on her head instead of the normal pink one.

I hold myself from them for a moment as I shift my eyes to the older light orange mare that stands next to them with a sorrow filled face

However, the older mare's conversation comes to an end as she moves to another group of family members off a little more towards the side of the wall.
To the absent mare I start my trot back up, I hold the friendly but respectful professional smile as I near the three ponies, "How are you all doing..."

My voice turns Applejack's head first as she looks me over and takes a step forward, "H-how was it?"

I hold my comforting smile as I nod, "She is fine."

The mare nods her head as her gaze falls a little to the ground. However before I can bring my voice up another's rings out.

"Applejack."

I turn my gaze to the approaching lavender mare as I take a step back.

The orange mare in front of me turns her head to the voice as she gives a little smile to the pony, "Hey Twilight."

Before she can even really finish the sentence Twilight has wrapped her friend in a hug as she speaks up, "I hope where not too late."

Applejack pushes away from the hug a little as she shakes her head, "You're on time, everypony should be here in a little."

As the two mares start to drift into a conversation I turn my head to the other two ponies that came in with her. My eyes drift to the familiar light cream colored stallion and light purple dark purple bow wearing filly next to him, who has start to swing her head around all the sad ponies faces a little confused.

I give a little smile to the stallion as I take that extra step towards him as I speak up, making sure not to call him by the pet name I gave him, "Do I receive a hug."

He gives a little smirk to the comment, but his solid demeanor to the area and situation around him holds the smirk to a low point.

Before I can bring my voice back up a feminine voice has chimed over the chatter the of the room, "May I have everyone's attention please..."

The room starts to get a little quite as everypony turns their attention to the pink mare that has came out from the staff only door, "...You may all come to the viewing room, if you wish to follow me."

My ear flicks to the comment as I take on a more professional persona and turn back to Applejack and the few ponies around her, "Would you like to go now?"

Applejack hesitates for a moment as she moves to Big Mac's side, but she nods as she speaks up in a low tone, "Y-yes..."

I turn my trot as I speak up, "Follow me then." I hold a slower pace as I bring the lead the ponies through the few ponies that have not yet decided what to do yet.

End of chapter 16