• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 787 Views, 36 Comments

Small Stallion Is Small - Fat1thatyoulove



Meet one of ponyville strangest residents Stony an unusually short Stallion with a strange job and even stranger secrets.

  • ...
1
 36
 787

Chapter 14

Chapter 14 – The things we wait for

The day has rolled on fairly well since this morning, not that there would be possibility of something bad happening, especially seeing as how I did not have work to day and just lounged around my house. Well, for the most part.

"...Jump Spider Mane!"

I continue to hold an annoyed stare to the unmoved spider on the table as I squint my eyes, "Spider Mane, just jump." I wiggle my hoof to the makeshift hoop I have in front of him on the table as I speak up, "...How do you expect Applejack to like you if you can't do any tricks?"

The spider just curls its legs up a little more as its eyes stare back to me.

Its insubordination brings another groan from me as I bring my hoof to my face, "Ugh..." My horn sparks up to float the book I had out, my hoof taps to the words on the page as I speak up, "Look, it says right here that a pet is more likeable when they do things."

Again the spider just stares to me as I hold my hoof to the paper.

"You're not going to do the trick are you?"

My words slowly start to move the spider's legs as he continues to just stare at me.

I roll my eyes as I speak up, "You could at least make words in a web."

As my voice comes down the sound of a hoof knocking to the door takes my attention. My eye widen as I turn back to the spider, "Okay Spider Mane jar or-..Oh, okay you're leaving." I watch the spider quickly moving from the table top.

I give him a few moments as I turn back towards the door, "I'll be right there." The words ring to the house I brush my mane down a little as I trot towards the door.

With a little sigh I bring my hoof to the door as I open it, "Hello Appl-...Applejack?!"

Before I can bring another word out the orange mare has lunged forward with a heavy and tight hug. I stumble back a little as I try to hold the weight of the mare that has wrapped herself around me. However as she holds me my ear flicks to the sound of her sobbing.

I quickly bring a hoof to the mare to look her over as I speak up, "What? What's wrong?"

The mare's life filled and joyous emerald eyes are puffy and a little red as they continue to shine from the tears that fill them, "G-Granny Smith passed away..."

Her words despite their low and sorrow filled tone boom to my ears as I shake my head, "H-how? When?! I-I just saw her??"

Applejack nods as her lips continued to quiver, "I-it was a little while ago, she said she was gonna take a short nap...And then she wouldn't wake up." Her emotions continue to run high as she pushes through, "B-big Mac ran into town to get a doctor a-and when he got here he-he said-..."

The mare's voice falters as she lunges forward to hug on me again, but her voice does not stop as she cries out, "I-I know she was old, but she was all we had after my parents di-...." Her sentence stops as she whimpers and shuts her eyes tight.

I manage to free one of my hooves as I rub it to her mane, all the while backing up to the couch to take a seat.

Applejack's head still holds close to my body as I continue to rub my hoof to her mane, "I'm so sorry Applejack..."

I know my words are trivial and do little to the mare, but this is the first time I have ever seen her upset...And the sight of her sad eyes has washed my mind clean of any other sentences.

The mare continues to sob as she holds her eyes shut and her mouth tight.

This light whimper starts to pound on my own heart as I rack my brain just trying to recall the spell I used on Granny Smith. I know it was correct, but at the same time I can not bring my mind to understand why there would not have been any signs of it not fully taking effect.

As my mind continues to replay images of the old mare that I saw just this morning starts to weigh on me a little more as I find myself starts to break a tear.

However, I continue to try and console the mare beside me as I speak up, "I'm so so sorry Applejack..."

The mare just nods to the comment as she slowly brings her head from me, "I-I want you to do everything for Granny Smith...S-she liked you, a-and I don't want just anyponies's hooves on her."

I nod to the comment as I speak up, "Of course."

My words quiver the mare's lips a little more as she buries her head back to my with a slightly louder sob.

The mare's wet eyes start to pour into my coat as she finally starts to break down a little more. Without a hiccup I continue to rub my hoof to her mane as I nuzzle the mare's head, "I'll make sure she's okay Applejack..." As my words ring to my own ears I turn my eyes towards the kitchen and then quickly to the locked cabinet as I continue, "...I promise."

Applejack's sobbing voice comes up as she moves her head a little from me, "E-everypony should hopefully be in town in a few days...I-is that enough time?"

I turn my eyes from the cabinet as I look over the mare's heartbroken face, "Of course..."

The mare nods as she wraps her front hooves around me a little tighter, "T-thank you Stony."

End of chapter 14