• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 2,440 Views, 53 Comments

New Beginnings - Lunafan1k



Jack Frost and Pitch black find themselves powerless in an unknown world where they must work together to find a way home.

  • ...
9
 53
 2,440

Chapter 6

“You have got to be kidding me…” Jack said, at a loss for words. There before him bouncing in excitement was a small white unicorn filly with a curly purple and pink mane.

“No, my name’s Sweetie Belle!” She giggled.

“Sweetie Belle! Settle down, and why in Equestria are you talking to yourself?” The filly stopped bouncing and looked toward another white unicorn, this one with a solid purple mane that was fashionably curled.

“Oh, Rarity, I uh, I was… practicing ventriloquism?” she asked.

Rarity sighed, “If you want a cutie mark in that you’re going to have to try much harder. Once we get back to Ponyville I’m sure Twilight has a book or two on the subject.”

“Okay!” Sweetie said with an innocent grin. She watched as her sister settled back down in her seat before turning back to Pitch and Jack.

“So, am I the only one that can see you?” she asked in a scheming way, to which they nodded. “Does that I’m crazy?!” she whisper panicked. Jack thought that was too easy, and nodded his head anyway.

Sweetie’s look of absolute horror made him burst out in laughter while Pitch couldn’t face palm any harder. “I’m joking! I’m joking!” He said after a moment.

Sweetie Belle shook her head before grinning up at them. “Oh, okay. I guess it was pretty funny though, huh?”

“So… who, and I guess, what are you guys? How can I see you if nopony else can?” she asked.

“We are spirits from another… ah, land.” Pitch said, noticeably calmer as they headed away from Canterlot. “You might be able to see us because your very open minded.” Sweetie thought for a moment before nodding her head. “But you’re not the only one that can see us, Your princesses can as well.”

“Wow really?!” Sweetie cringed and glanced back at Rarity, making sure she hasn’t brought undue attention to herself, the continued in an excited whisper. “So you got to meet the princesses? I haven’t seen much of Princess Celestia but I’ve met Luna a few times! Once in my dreams, that time on Nightmare Night, and when I was trying to help my sister in Canterlot not too long ago! What did they say? Did she send you to me to make sure I behave? I promised I wouldn’t do anything like that ever again!” Sweetie had started jumping to panicked conclusions, so Jack stepped forward and placed a hand on her head.

“No, no, nothing like that. See, we’re new here, and the princess thought it would be a good idea to learn about this place. We’re not here to babysit you okay?” She nodded.

“You mentioned Twilight, correct?” Pitch asked. Sweetie nodded once again. Jack suddenly thought what it would sound like if there was a bell attached to her head, then burst out laughing as he realized her name was Sweetie BELLE.

Sweetie looked at him in confusion as he doubled over in laughter. Pitch continued on, pointedly ignoring him.

“As I was saying, your princess is sending us to Ponyville to learn about this place from her student, Twilight Sparkle. Is this the same one you’re talking about?” Pitch asked.

“Yep!” Sweetie said with another nod. Jack, who had calmed down a bit, burst back into a fit of giggles. Sweetie puffed her cheeks in annoyance, “What’s so funny?”

Jack tried to right himself to give her an answer, but when her saw her face his mirth was renewed.

“Jack if you don’t shut up I’m going to put that stick someplace where you won’t like it.” Pitch threatened.

Jack stopped laughing… for about a moment. He had imagined what Pitch would look like with little bells hanging off the ends of his spiky hair.

“That’s it! Come here!” Pitch yelled as he lunged at the white haired menace.

Jack’s smile widened as he dodged around Pitch, who crashed into the seat. “Come on, I’m right here!” Jack taunted.

“Hold still!” Pitch lunged forward again. Jack leaped back, freezing the floor of the cabin to a patch of ice. Pitch lost his footing immediately, causing him to fall on his face and slide into another bench, much to the entertainment of Sweetie Belle.

“That looks fun!” she cried. She leaped from her seat and ran to the ice, slowing down just enough to remain in control of her slide. Her high pitched giggling caught the attention of the other passenger on the admittedly empty car.

“Sweetie Belle! Whatever are you doing?!” She called as she watched her sister play on a patch of ice. “How in Equestria did you pull this off? Do you know what kind of damage this will do to the flooring?”

Sweetie stopped sliding as she slid to the far end of the ice patch. “It wasn’t me!” She huffed, it was so typical of her sister to blame her for every little thing.

“Well Sweetie, it definatly wasn’t me, I would never dream of damaging anypony’s property. But if it wasn’t you and it wasn’t me, then who did?” Rarity lit her horn, the magic melting the ice and drying the floor.

“If it were me, I would blame it on Michal McDoesn’tExist.” Jack whispered into Sweetie’s ear, causing her to giggle.

“Sweetie Belle, this isn’t a laughing matter.” Rarity chided as the last of the ice melted away. “Now, I want you to sit back down and behave!”

“Okay…” Sweetie said sadly.

“Thank you. Once we get back home I have several orders I need to start working on, so you can go play with your friends, just don’t set the town on fire again.” Rarity said once she returned to her seat. She then pulled a pad of paper and a quill from her bags and resumed drawing several designs.

“You set the town on fire?” Pitch asked in bewilderment.

“Well, more like a pile of leaves. My friends and I were trying to find out if our special talent was firefighting. It’s not our fault the wind blew the burning leaves into the town.” Sweetie sighed, “In the end we just wound up getting in the way of the real firefighter ponies, a few of the roofs were completely burned away. A lot of ponies were mad.”

“So, uh…” Jack cast his mind about for a change in subject, “What’s Ponyville like?”

“It’s great!” Sweetie cried. She quickly locked eyes with her sister’s disapproving glare and wilted.

“Sweetie, I don’t know why you choose now of all times to make up an imaginary friend.” She stated before going back to her designs.

Sweetie remained silent as she glanced out the window to pout. Her mood quickly brightened as she saw what was outside.

“Look! There’s Ponyville!” She said excitedly.

Jack and Pitch leaned across the seats to peer out the windows curiously. As Sweetie had said, they were quickly approaching a town. Every building seemed like it was made out of clay or stone with a thatched roof. One glance quickly confirmed that the small fire Sweetie and her friends had created could have indeed burned down the entire town. The fireponies who responded were quite skilled to save the down from certain doom.

The town grew larger as the neared the station, the train slowing to a stop. Rarity packed her notebook and quill and set her bags across her back. “Come now Sweetie, time to go.”

Sweetie belle hopped off her seat and ran out the door, followed by Rarity, Jack, and Pitch. Pitch blinked as the sun glared in his eyes, after a moment his eyes had adjusted and he got a good look around.

Everywhere on the station were ponies. Ones that flew, ones with horns, and some with neither were exchanging greetings and farewells amongst each other.

Pitch took a deep breath of the country air and straightened his posture. “Let’s get this over with.”

Author's Note:

Can you say, "Exposition?"

God this was hard to write, everything felt weak and lifeless.

OKAY!

Show of hands (or thumb ups)(but ponies don't have thumbs), who wants monster battles next chapter?

Comments ( 12 )

I would like Pitch to start being able to help in some way in the approaching chapters. Maybe, like, he reforms a bit more and actually gets some other form of power?

Personally I think it be too soon for monster part because none of them could really use any powers except jack making ice. Also nobody can see them except the kids. But it's your story you do whatever you feel like

I liked Pitch, but he is not my favourite. I would like to let him have a romance, but i would enjoy maybe a Jack X Pinkie Pie or something like that to. I mean if i think of the Spirit of Fun, well why not.
I think you could simply make it that way that he was just a Spirit of his World for this long, or let something happen what cause the "man in the moon", to contact Luna.
To make sure i don´t messed up the sentence : Why not letting the moon, somehow speak with Luna because he thinks that jack should remain there?

I loved the bird/thoothfairy the most because the bird Part, but with Jack here i favourite him, so i don´t want him to leaf in the end.
you don´t have to promise me anything, but maybe you could think about something. PinkieXJack:scootangel::heart:

I wonder how (insert right word here) it will get when they come across Pinkie :pinkiehappy:

and if the other cmc's will be able to see them too

Luna x Pitch Black FTW!!! :moustache: also, more please :yay:

Pleeeeaaase update! I'm really enjoying this fanfic ^^

I would like this more if Pitch Black had a more darker side, or one day/night he starts turning ponies dreams into nightmares and begins to become more powerful than Luna (cos i don't like how Luna just assumes shes more powerful than a spirit she knows nothing about)

I say continue the story your God for doing this

10696291
Same, author please do continue this.

Login or register to comment