• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 1,709 Views, 48 Comments

Shining Armor's Wedding Day Blooper That He Tried To Get Rid Of But Was Found By Twilight Sparkle - UniqueSKD



An embarrassing shame from Shining Armor's wedding day comes back to haunt him when Twilight discovers a video tape in the Crystal Empire castle's attic. Interested? Read me, then!

  • ...
7
 48
 1,709

A random and silly short story that does not have a very original chapter title. Just click and read me, okay?

Author's Note:

As a reminder, this story is random. I wrote it for the purpose of being funny. And also I just wanted to write something out of boredom. I tend to write the first thing that come to my head, and so i came up with this. Yeah.

The video shown in the story was made by myself. This story might not be great or make much sense or anything to some readers, but I just like being random. Nothing wrong with being random, as a certain story written by a follower of mine taught me. (and he knows who he is, don't you?)

Oh, and I've also got to ask you all to go and check out a guy on this site by the name of Manes, who asked me to give him a mention. Go check him out and help him get 300 followers so he can hurry up and get the second chapter of his story done.

Be Unique and stay unique, everypony! And please, support my followers! They are awesome people and they will give you waffles and muffins if you go check them out! (well, not really, but they'll say 'Thanks for checking me out!' at least...)

UNIQUE FOREVER, YA'LL!

"Twily! Hey, Twily! Where are you, sis?", Shining Armor called out as he stood in the shiny polished halls of the Crystal Palace, which you might be surprised to know is made of crystals (DUN DUN DUUN! I know, right?). The echoes of Shining Armor's calls bouncing off from the walls around him were the only responses he received. The sound of his sister's voice made no reply.

"Darn it, she must be somewhere else in the castle," Shining Armor (you know what, I'm just gonna call him 'Shining' from now on, okay?) said to nopony in particular but himself. He turned around and headed off to search elsewhere within the castle for his sister. While living in a large place with a beautiful alicorn wife was pretty awesome, it did not come without a few problems, like with there being so many rooms and passageways that anypony who hadn't been here before would easily get lost within the maze-like structure.

Hell, even Shining got lost trying to find his way around during the few nights he spent here. The unicorn stallion grumbled to himself as he recalled that one night after moving into the palace, when Cadence had been in the mood (nudge, nudge, wink, wink), and Shining Armor spent nearly the entire night trying to remember where the hell the bedroom was. Cadence and the guards discovered him the following morning sleeping in a broom closet, clutching a paper note asking whoever found it to tell his wife he loved her.

The following couple of weeks had been difficult to tolerate as the laughing and the jokes came at him, mostly instigated by Cadence herself.

Shining came across a couple of servants as he made his way through yet another large narrow crystallized hallway. They were two unicorn mares, both inhabitants of the Crystal Empire, evidenced by their sparkling bodies, which had a crystallized appearance - kinda like Edward Cullen out of Twilight Saga. Gayest vampire ever - and they were both carrying a mop and bucket with their magic, conversing with one another as they trotted along the shiny tile flooring.

Upon noticing the husband of their princess approaching them, they stopped talking to each other and, with a gasp, relinquished their hold over their cleaning utensils, causing them to fall and clatter on the floor, as they quickly assumed a bowing pose. "G-good morning, Prince Shining!", they said in unison, still bowing to Celestia's former Captain of Her Royal Guard.

Shining stopped before the two bowing mares. "Please, ladies. You don't have to bow to me every time Cadence or I are around. We'd feel more comfortable if you just treated us like any other pony," Shining told them in a gentle voice. The two crystal ponies looked up at him, greeted by a warm-hearted smile. They straightened themselves upright, and ignited their magic again, picking up the equipment they had dropped.

"We apologize for our behavior, Prince," one of them spoke up. "We aren't yet accustomed to having royalty ruling over the Crystal Empire again." She shuddered, as though an awful chill had just shot down her spine. "At least, not by tyrannical royalty, at least," she forced out from her mouth. The other mare cringed, knowing who she was referring to.

Shining smiled. "It's quite alright. Actually, I was wondering if either of you two might have seen my sister anywhere? I cant seem to find her at all in the places I've searched so far."

The mares both brought a hoof to their chins as they thought hard about where they might have seen the new alicorn princess. "Oh! I remember seeing Princess Twilight leaving the palace attic space not too long ago, Prince Shining!", one of the crystal mares piped up after a moment of thought. "I believe she was heading to your's and Princess Cadence's room, perhaps to look for you. You might try there, Your Majesty."

Shining was confused as to why Twilight would have gone into the attic space, but he shrugged it off as just her being her usual curious self. He nodded to the two mares. "Thank you both for your help. You can carry on with whatever you were doing now."

The mares bowed politely. "Thank you, Pri - er, Shining Armor," they replied. As Shining trotted past them, they looked over their shoulders to watch him go. Once he turned left at the end of the hallway and disappeared from their view, they turned to face each other and smirked. "He does know his bedroom is the other way, right? Should we go after him and tell him?", one of the crystal unicorns asked the other. Her companion looked thoughtful for a moment, before shaking her head. "Nah. He'll know he went the wrong way in" - she turned her head and tapped on the floor with her hoof as she counted down - "three...two...one..."

"DAMN THIS BUCKING CASTLE MAZE!". Shining, a furious look upon his face, suddenly stormed across the end of the hall, going from the left towards the right. The mares looked at each other again, trying to keep themselves from laughing until they were sure that Shining had gone.

"Broom closet?", asked the unicorn to the other.

The other unicorn nodded with a smile. "Broom closet...again".

- - - - - - - - - -

Twilight Spark - oh, wait, excuse me - PRINCESS Twilight Sparkle was sitting on her haunches in her brother's bedroom, a small dusty cardboard box in front of her, the contents of which she was looking through. Using her magic, she lifted items from out of the box, one at a time, pausing for a moment to examine the object she held in her telekinetic grasp, before carefully placing it to one side.

Normally, Twilight didn't like to go looking through other ponies' belongings, but since the box she was looking through belonged to her brother - a fact made clear by the label slapped on the side of the box that read, in big bold letters, 'Property of Shining Armor' - she didn't think he would mind if she took a peek into some of his old things. Besides, she grew bored with waiting for him to come back from whatever important thing it was he'd been called for, so what else was she to do?

After taking out multiple graduation school certificates, photos and a few - ahem - 'exotic mare' magazines (probably put in the box so Cadence wouldn't find them), Twilight came upon a video tape, with a label that read 'Shining Armor's Wedding Rehearsal'.

"Oh my Celestia!", Twilight squealed gleefully as she held the tape in front of her with her magic, her eyes lit with excitement. "Shining and Cadence never told me they had their rehearsals recorded! Oh, he must have been so nervous about it all that he was worried he'd mess up their big day. He must have wanted to rehearse the whole ceremony before the Changeling incident occurred."

The thought of her brother wanting to practice his run-through of what had been the biggest day of his life was so sweet in the little alicorn's mind. Had he really been as confident before the wedding as he was when Celestia brought him and Cadence together? How had he felt about the whole thing prior to his marriage? Twilight couldn't help but want to know. She just had to see her brother's rehearsal. She got up onto her legs, still clutching the tape in her magical grasp. "Where might I find a video player around here?", Twilight wondered to herself.

Rather conveniently, there just so happened to be a video player right there in the bedroom, along with a 30-inch plasma television (hey, if I lived in a giant castle made of crystals, I'd have a big TV screen too, okay?). Twilight trotted over to the device, and slid the video tape into it. She then grabbed the remote with her magic, and made her way over to her brother's bed, sitting herself comfortably on the edge as she turned on the television, and cycled through the channels trying to find the video player's.

She had just cycled past Channel 14 when the sound of huffing and panting got her attention. Looking over at the doorway, she saw her brother Shining, who seemed to be struggling to get his breath back, as though he had been running a whole marathon. Twilight beamed a big smile when she saw him. "Shining Armor!", she exclaimed, "you're back!"

"Hey (pant), Twily! Sorry I (pant, pant) took so long...", apologized the stallion. It had only taken him almost an hour and 72 wrong rooms just to find his own bedroom. He dragged himself over to his sister, and threw himself onto the bed next to her. "I have to start carrying a map of this place...", he moaned, his hooves aching from all the running around he had been doing. "Hope you're not too mad we didn't spend much time together, sis."

Twilight smiled and shook her head. "Oh, that's alright, big brother! I was actually about to watch this video I found!", she said as she turned her attention back to the television screen, continuing to cycle through the channels. Aha! Bingo! Channel 25!

Shining's eyes began to close, tired from all the running to and fro, but he continued to listen to Twilight. "Oh, right? What video was it you found?"

Twilight pressed another button on the remote with her hoof, and the video tape began to play itself, the footage displaying upon the television screen. "I was going through some of your old stuff while I was waiting for you to come back. I found a video tape from your wedding day, so I decided to watch it."

Shining's ear shot up at the mentioning of the word 'wedding'. "A video tape of my and Cadence's wedding?", he asked in a confused tone of voice. "Twily, nopony brought any cameras or videoing equipment that day."

Twilight looked over her shoulder at her brother, smiling. "No, but you must have done, big brother. It's a recording of you rehearsing your wedding procession." She turned to look back at the television. " Hey, it's you and Cadence with Celestia!"

Shining's eye shot open with a horrified expression as soon as he heard his sister mention his 'rehearsal'. "What!?", he shouted, as he bolted upright on the bed, staring at the screen. He saw himself in his best military captain's uniform, standing next to Cadence - or so he hoped it had been at the time before Chrysalis disguised herself and took her place. They both were standing in front of Princess Celestia, who looked upon the two with a warm smile.

"Aw, Shining, didn't Cadence look amazing in her wedding dress?", Twilight cooed. "You look pretty confident in your rehearsal, Shining. I don't see why you -"

"Please turn it off, sis."

Twilight shot her brother a surprised look. "I'm sorry?"

"Just turn it off, Twily! Please!", Shining pleaded. His cheeks, the alicorn had noticed, had turned a shade of red. She blinked a couple of times, before she giggled. "Oh, Shining! It's okay if you misread one of your lines during the rehearsal," she said in a reassuring tone.

Shining looked at her with begging in his eyes. "No, really, Twily, please just turn off the video player! I - You - It isn't..."

Twilight scrunched her face in confusion. "Shining, what is the matter? Why don't you -"

A sound from the television made the two of them turn to look at the screen, as the footage started to show the last part of the couple's marital vows ceremony.

Shining face-hoofed himself so hard he fell over backwards on the bed.

Twilight just stared at the screen. Her facial expression was blank.

After a minute of awkward silence had passed, Twilight finally spoke up. "Huh...well...that happened..."

Shining's response was a muffled groan.



THE END (I, er, I guess...)

Comments ( 48 )

Such random.
Such Comedy.
Me like!:rainbowwild:

Randomness all the way!

I WAS planning on making the video tape a recording of Shining and Cadence (ahem) 'getting it on in the bedroom', but then i realized that I'd have to change my YouTube settings in order to be allowed to put in a video of that happening in the story. XD

Yes. I now will put my videos on Youtube into my stories, which will be about those videos. LOL

I'M RANDOM WHAT'D YOU EXPECT? XD

Keep it cool, my awesome Manes brother. (he's not really my brother, folks. Shame for me, lucky for him. XD)

An embarrassing shame from Shining Armor's wedding day comes back to haunt him when Twilight discovers a video tape in the Crystal Empire castle's attic. Interested?

Considering the title itself explained the plot, not really. I've already been told the entire story.

3695899
And so your journey came to an end, didn't it, JourneyMan? XD
Get it? Cause' your profile is named 'JourneyMan', and you, you...

Ah, screw it. He gets it. XD

I'm going to pick one of your stories, if any, and Fave that story randomly. Why? Cause' I'm f**king UniqueSKD, that's why!

Oh my god I can't believe Shining said that!:rainbowlaugh::pinkiehappy:

Oh my god I can't believe Shining said that!:rainbowlaugh::pinkiehappy::rainbowwild:

I knew you would make a story with this.

It was way too funny not to be a story

3696159
Believe it. XD

3696170
And I knew you'd show up sooner or later. Glad you came to the party, my good man!

And for the record this is NOTHING compared to the horrors yet to come.

I'll give you a spoiler for one of my next stories - My OC has sex with a cooked turkey, and serves it to his hated nemesis.

The animation I'll put with that story will probably put you off eating anything turkey-related for a while. That's WHEN i've made the animation, of course. XD

Thanks for showing up, dude! HIGH-FIVE and BRO-HOOF!

3696252
SE'ATA!
Sorry, I don't know what Le! means. LOL XD

To the dear people who disliked this story, do not worry. I hold no grudges against you. After all, the armed mercenaries that I've hired to hunt you down and eliminate do that for me. XD

3696299 My verion of lol. And it's L E L. I enjoyed your story, nice.

3696335
Well, i enjoyed your compliment. Have I followed you yet? I need to go and sort that problem out if I haven't yet...

I better do that now. Yes. I shall do that now.

.... I was expecting a lot of things ... that was not one of them:applejackconfused:

3696480
I am UniqueSKD. As many will tell you, I am full of surprises and randomness. You will find me to be...most interesting a specimen if you ever saw one.

Also, waffles and muffins.

Thank you for your view. I am most appreciative of your sparing a moment of your time to give my silly story a chance. Thank you very much, and I hope the rest of your evening goes well.

Also, check your mail.

3696494 well I am corruption ... a simi-insane anti-social guy who loves to read ... ( pinkie and pinkamena have taken a permanent residence in my head ... < insert dark chuckle here > ... pleasure to make your aquantence )

3696516
BULLSHIT ARE YOU INSANE!
I fucked a turkey once! A cooked one! And then I served it to my neighbor!
True story, and I have NO regrets telling it to you all. The prick never returned my Frisbee when I was younger, so i served him my 'Special Sauce'. HA HA HA HA HA
He moved away shortly after that...

So anyway Pinkamena and that occupy your head, huh? Nice. Tell them I said hello for me, will you? Also, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well, my new friend. I hope to make an animation featuring your OC in the future, and I also hope you'll find me worth your time. If there's one thing I simply CANNOT stand, it's being a waste of time to those who entrust me with their time.

WAKA WAKA! Stay safe out there, corruption, and more importantly; stay awesome! Please check out my other followers when you get a chance, will you? You'll find a lot of them have amazing stories to offer you.

3696545 they both say hello ... pinkamena said a few other thing ... something about you and cupcakes ... and thank you for the animation offer I think I will take you up on that :pinkiehappy:

3696565
Okay, that's great to hear, man!
I am a little busy at the moment, but if you'd be willing to wait until tomorrow I'll send you some details about my animations. Here, I'll post two of them up now in my comments for you and everyone else to see, save you the trouble of going onto YouTube to view them.

I don't know what I was on when I did this, but I think I was on a computer. XD

The OC's in the back seat belong to BuckShot1130, and SleepIsForTheWeak respectively. The pegasus dude in the driver's seat is my one and only creation - Unique the Pegasus. I'm proud of this one. Did a story around it too. True story. LOL

3696599 ... after watching that last one my eye is involentarily twitching ...

3696629
Where I come from, we call that a stroke. XD

3696634 where I come from we call that lack of sleep and adhd

3696660
Ah. You must be from Mississippi then XD

3696692 nope try north carolina

3696699
Ohhhh, snap, son!
So i got one from Paris, one from New York, One from North Carolina...
So yeah, i just need about 500 more followers from different cities around the world and I'll have conquered the world! Yay!

Is it nice where you live? I hear it is a beautiful place to be at certain times of the year!

This is what i love the most about my followers - they come from all over the world, and through them i can learn more about this world. There will never be a way for me to express my truest gratitude to my followers (sniff, sniff)

I never would have thought Bronies could make me feel so loved and accepted. I mean, after my family of course, but otherwise, you all are just fucking amazing. Seriously...

Everyone who views this story! You are ALL wonderful people, and I love you all! (but not in a gay way, if you're male. XD)

3696741 love you to bro ( in a completly platonic way ) and yes its nice down here in nc ... not the best place on earth but its nice ... and its home ... and its a place do be with my family ...:twilightsmile:

3696779
Good to hear. Family is very important. Treasure them as you would a precious stone.
Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to get some sleep. If anypony else wishes to comment further go right ahead. Oh, and those mercenaries I mentioned in the earlier post are still out looking for the three who disliked me. I can afford to pay for more heads. XD

Adios, my good sir! Or madam!

It was... Nice. :yay:

I did like that part with him in the broom closet with the note. That little video you added was a very nice touch. :twilightsmile:

Hope your holidays went or still are going well.

3696843
I like to be unique, and I've yet to see other people put videos in their stories, despite the option being there to do so.

Your compliment and praise pleases UniqueSKD. i shall dance for you!

Don't let your girlfriends see my moves, lads. I won't be held responsible if they fall for me. XD

God, i need therapy. HA HA HA HA HA NOT! INSANITY FOR LIFE DAWG!

Anyways, take care of yourself friend, and just because you were kind enough to comment, I'll up your Followers count by One point, comrade! Ding!

3696853

Thanks for the follow.. and the nice laugh from that dance video.

Much better dancing then I can do, the ski goggles made it. :rainbowlaugh: and enjoy the nap.. well hope you did when you made the video at least.

3696939
That was my first ever video uploaded onto Youtube. It has significant value to me. And i did indeed enjoy my nap. XD

3696297 I barely eat turkey anyway

Also, eww dude.

Thank God Thanksgiving has passed already

3698819
It was just the ONE time! XD
(in his mind - 'I wonder if I still have that turkey's phone number...')

Right. WELL. That was.. interesting. I would REALLY like to know what Celestia's reaction would've been after those.. *AcoughsignifyingthefactthatIhavenowordstodescribewhatthoselinessoundedlike* lines? T_T

3699345
Yes. What would she have thought?

What do you think?

Also, as it is nearing the New Year, you have fortunately commented in time to still qualify for the special UniqueSKD Friendship Offer Thingie!

That means that you have automatically earned yourself a follower (me) just for being kind enough to spare a little bit of your time in order to view my silly story. I hope it was not a waste of your precious time, and i hope you will have a safe and prosperous new year come the beginning of 2014!

Also, waffles and muffins.

3699361 Why tank yew, stranger. Celestia's reaction may of caused her to fire him from being Captain-of-the-ponies-who-talk-weirdly-and-intimidate-visitors, using his wedding as an excuse.

P.S- Pie and cream.

3699377
Pie and cream?
Oh, god damn, you are good. You are good, i will give you that, my friend...very good...

The force is strong in this one...

I really needed that laugh today:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:
Very Yes:yay:

3707606
Glad you enjoyed it. I figured since they put the option to include videos in a story, why not make use of it?

Well, that was different.

3726676 Don't call myself 'Unique' for nothing, mate. Hope it wasn't a waste of your time, good sir/madam, and I am grateful that you spared a minute or so to read it. Thank you. Have a new Follower, on the house.

6778508 That sounded so seductive I swear you were literally saying that to the picture of myself in my underpants...

...um, not that such a picture exists on the internet so don't bother looking.

6778552 Just don't search my name on Google or on my Deviant Art page. You might not like what you find...

...several pages in...

Login or register to comment