• Published 26th Oct 2013
  • 3,747 Views, 69 Comments

Return of a lost tyrant - Uberdeathninja



somethings aren't meant to be found. Twilight finds a map to a tomb that was sealed for a damn good reason, and learns this the hard way.

  • ...
15
 69
 3,747

Requiem for a tyrant: Part five

Twilight Sparkle vs Kahn

Twilight gasped in horror as the lanky Minotaur like creature ran under the floating eye like creature and died. Her new body face palmed at the sight as if this was just typical of their kind, much to her own horror: Did this body know nothing of mercy, or even guilt? She had an army of red minions behind her as she strolled around, or, rather, her body did, and poised them to attack the creatures she decided to call Beholden, though she knew not why. After killing the creatures and the raiders they produced, she swapped her reds for greens at the odd, glowing pits at the place this nightmare began. At the rear of the town, she found a fiery version of the Beholden, and wanted to cringe at the sight of the ugly thing, but her body just shrugged, and walked toward it. The Ensconced Beholden deployed red-cloaked raiders, which lobbed firebombs, as opposed to the kunai the black cloaked raiders used. After being hidden, the greens leaped from their hiding place and viciously attacked the Ensconced Beholden, killing it in but a few seconds. She walked over to the front of town and was met with the groveling peasantry.

"Um... We didn't mean to betray you, Sire, it just sort of... Happened." One said.

"We were weak... Forgive us... Let us worship you again, Sire." Another pleaded.

"They have the loyalty of potatoes, Sire." A voice in Twilight's head said. "Do with them what you will, but make it quick; Kahn is heading for Heavens Peak!" It continued. Her body, after contemplating its options, kicked the peasants and walked away, to Twilight's disgust. Clearly, this thing knew nothing of decency, and only existed to bully others. Still, despite her feelings, she made her way back to the tower gate and swung by the tower to gather power. Finally, Heaven's peak awaited her, and her body walked forth, ready to face the giant, Kahn. Twilight, in the body of the overlord, made short work of one regular and two Ensconced Beholden with first an army of reds then greens. Swapping the greens for reds, she walked across a bridge and encountered the giant who'd been terrorizing her, or, the overlord's, peasants. Without provocation, and to Twilight's shock, The massive giant jumped into the air, and stomped the ground, killing peasants around him. Then, upon seeing the overlord, the giant focused on Twilight, hatred in his eyes, and spoke:

"You! I know you! You took her away from me! You make Kahn angry!" With a mighty stomp, a building collapsed behind Twilight, and the fight began. She placed her reds behind some rubble and lured Kahn over to it. Once in range, her minions released their attack, and all Twilight had to do now was keep Kahn in range. After a few minutes of this assault, Kahn retreated, Breaking a collapsed building in the process. Then, the giant named Kahn spoke once more:

"You hide her for him! He wants to hurt her!" Twilight did not know of whom he was referring to, but her body did not care. She followed nonetheless, not so much oblivious to the danger, as unable to stop the creature she viewed this scene from.

"She is mine! He can not stop me! You can not stop me!" Another building collapsed. She then sent her minions to turn a wheel, Preventing more raiders from entering the city that way. She kept her reds out of the main fight while she held the mighty giant's attention, and after a few minutes of dodging the titanic blows of the behemoth before her, He fled yet again.

"I will CRUSH! Crush you and the old man! I... Will... Find her!" Twilight continued pursuit of Kahn, though she felt horribly wrong about the whole scene. Yes, Khan was violent, but why? Why all the destruction? Why was the body she was viewing this from doing this?
"I Protect! She needs Kahn!" That's three buildings now. She used all her mana to dispose of two Beholden on the sight. She deployed her reds on the ledge in front of the inn above the fighting ring. Distracting Kahn was no harder now than it was two rounds ago, and finally, The warrior fell to his knees, screaming in pain and sadness at his loss... all of them.

"Jewel! Jewel!" Kahn cried, his voice full of pain, and Twlight tried to back out of the vision, but the being kept her there, forced to witness as he slaughtered the giant in cold blood.

"Strike, Master! Finish him." The voice in her head, whom she had seen at the tower once, said. Despite her will, she struck, and Kahn yelled again as he convulsed and lifted into the air. Finally, the giant exploded into darkness, and she was called back to the tower while everything faded to black.


Outside the tomb, Gnarl watched the wee little wyrm sleep on the red minion gate. He was disgusted by the purple thing, but if the plan was to succeed, he needed it alive.

"Ah, such innocence. Sickening, is it not?" Gnarl asked a blue who he swore woke up every day and made it his goal to be as terrifying as possible. Said minion, who was dressed in a large, all-encompassing cloak and wielded a great, deadly-looking scythe, said nothing. Still, he walked over to the dragon and tied it up, obeying the unspoken orders of the overlord's right-hand imp. Two browns then picked it up, and carried it off to the hive. The robed blue stood watch outside as Gnarl walked onward. He silenced his light for when he would make his dramatic entrance, then walked and saw the ponies were not done with their glimpses into the Overlord's memories, so he hid. Once they were finished with the sight they all gasped, and they soon began comparing the fragments of memories.


"Wait. What if this is just to deter us from finding the Armor?" Twilight asked. Unaware of the evil creature in close proximity. Suddenly in a flash of dark red light and a light tremor, the armor appeared in all it's glory.

"The Armor!" the mares cried in unison.

"Don't you mean My armor?" A voice said. The Mares looked to find a familiar changeling queen blocking their only exit.

"Chrysalis!" The mares cried in unison.

"I'm flattered you still remember me." She said as she gave a mock-bow.

"You can't have the Armor! It belongs In Canterlot, not your private collection!" Twilight said.

"You really think I'm just going let it gather dust in my palace? Let me explain why I really want it. You see, This armor was not only the source of his power, but it also gave the Overlord control of his army. I want it so I can control the legions of monsters he did." Gnarl unwrapped his light and interrupted her monologue.

"You should have really check you facts before coming here. Having any overlord's armor doesn't give you control of the minions or his powers. You must be an overlord. And I'm afraid It's a little late for that." Gnarl chuckled as he look up to his master who literally went to hell and back. The Overlord opened his eyes revealing the glowing red-white orbs. He observed his surroundings. There was only silence as the metaphorical targeting system locked onto Chrysalis. The Overlord made a threatening gesture to Chrysalis.

"I believe he's trying to say; 'You have twelve seconds to run before I hunt you down and murder you in the most grotesque and painful way possible, then resurrect you so I can do it again'. That, or he's looking for the nearest toilet. I'm inclined to go with the former." Gnarl said.

"Ha! You think I'm scared of a glorified field commander with no real skill in battle?" Chrysalis said. That statement upgraded her from number ten million on his hit list to number one on his shit list. Sure, he wasn't a paladin, or even a knight but he was as sure as the time he spent in hell a very skilled fighter. And Chrysalis was going to learn that the hard way...

They all were.

Comments ( 18 )

RIP HER GODDAMNED HEAD OFF!!!!!!
Do it Saints Row 4 style, with the spine still attached.

Woooooo!

Teach her a lesson!

kill Chrysalis, I WANT HER HEAD NAILED TO THE FLOOR AS A WELCOME MAT :flutterrage:

All praise the Overlord

Holy crap this was a great chapter next pleasd this cliffhanger is going to keep me from sleeping.

Holy shit, I just noticed that you have an Overlord fic... This is definitely going to my Read Later list.

The Third Overlord has returned...Hell is about to get Raised.

4271373 yes. and Gnarl can have a hot meal before he get the reds back... Again.

Comment posted by Uberdeathninja deleted Jul 24th, 2014

In the words of a man named Richard:

Rejoice! For very bad things are about to happen.

hope the make some more chapters

Can you do more please

The Overlord made a threatening gesture to Chrysalis.

"I believe he's trying to say; 'You have twelve seconds to run before I hunt you down and murder you in the most grotesque and painful way possible, then resurrect you so I can do it again'. That, or he's looking for the nearest toilet. I'm inclined to go with the former." Gnarl said.

Hah! :rainbowlaugh: Great job capturing Gnarl's character.

Login or register to comment