• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 3,005 Views, 95 Comments

Lucidity - alexmagnet



Rainbow Dash has always wondered what it'd be like to do magic, like a unicorn, but seeing as she's not one, she's never had the chance. Luckily for her, Twilight has the perfect solution. Lucid dreaming.

  • ...
16
 95
 3,005

Stage 5 — REM

Stage V — REM

The sky was shaded by the handful of clouds that drifted in front of the sun as Twilight and Spike trudged through Ponyville in search of Rainbow Dash. Twilight kept glancing around, hoping that maybe the angry mare would appear from behind a bush or around a corner, but she was having no luck whatsoever. Starting to worry that she might not find her for the rest of the day, Twilight turned to Spike.

“Where do you think she could be?”

Spike shrugged, shaking his head. “Beats me. She doesn’t have her wings, right? So she’s probably not up in the clouds right now. That would’ve been my first guess.”

Twilight let out a soft whimper. “I should never have started this whole thing. I pushed Rainbow into it, and then I went and read her journal behind her back.” She stomped her hoof. “I’m so stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.” Slumping to the ground, Twilight hung her head. “I just wish everything could go back to how it was before.”

Spike frowned, kneeled down and placed a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder. He let out a quiet sigh. “So maybe you screwed up a bit.”

“A bit?”

“Okay, a lot, but so what?” Spike looked up at the sky. More clouds were gathering, and blocking out the sun, but he smiled anyway. “You think you’re the first pony to mess this kind of thing up?”

Twilight lifted her head. “Well, no, of course not, but—”

Spike smiled at her. “But nothing, Twilight. Do you think that if you were the one that stormed off, that Rainbow Dash would be sitting on the ground moping?” He raised an eyebrow. “Think Rainbow Dash would let a little bump like this slow her down?”

“Well—”

Spike stood up, puffed out his chest and pointed a claw up to the sky. “Heck no, she wouldn’t. Rainbow Dash’d be flying all over Ponyville trying to find you, looking under every rock, and behind every door. She wouldn’t stop until she’d found you and made things right.” He spun around and held out his claw for Twilight. His smile was bold, but soft, and, as Twilight moved her hoof toward his claw, he added, “So, what are you gonna do, Twilight?”

Twilight put her hoof in Spike’s claw and felt herself being lifted up. It was like being pulled through a waterfall, and when she emerged on the other side, it was like she was seeing the world in a completely new light. She smiled at Spike. “I’m gonna find Rainbow Dash.” Closing her eyes, Twilight sucked in her breath and let it out slowly. When she opened her eyes again, Spike was gone. “Spike?”

She barely had time to look around for him before she a flash of something blue out of the corner of her eye. Hoping, but still cautious, she quickly followed after the object, deciding that she would look for Spike later. He would understand.

As Twilight rounded the corner of a row of houses, she came face to face with another pony. Unfortunately, this pony was not Rainbow Dash. He had a dour look, and seemed not to notice Twilight until she cleared her throat loudly.

“Excuse me,” she asked rather hurriedly, “did you see a blue pega—unicorn pass by just a second ago?”

He looked at her with dead eyes and a thin mouth. “No,” he said flatly. “I didn’t see Rainbow Dash.”

“I didn’t say Rainbow—”

“I said no, all right?” he said angrily, turning away from her. “Just leave me alone.”

As the stallion walked away, Twilight furrowed her brow, then let out a disappointed sigh. “Where could she be?” Twilight wondered aloud. “Applejack’s place, maybe?” She thought about this for a moment, then nodded. “I suppose if I needed somepony to talk to, it’d probably be Applejack.” Satisfied with her new direction, Twilight quickly did a u-turn and started heading towards Sweet Apple Acres.

As she trotted through the town, which was unusually quiet for this time of day, she happened to pass by The Carousel Boutique, and Rarity who was just locking up, about to head home. Twilight quickly walked up to her and said, “Rarity, have you seen Rainbow Dash at all today?”

Rarity was busy fumbling with the key and didn’t respond to Twilight. After she finally got the key into the hole and turned the lock, she turned around to give Twilight a pointed gaze. “No, I haven’t, and even if I had, I wouldn’t tell you where she was.”

Twilight felt like she’d been hit in the chest. She fumbled for words while Rarity watched with pursed lips. “Rarity, I—”

“Save it, Twilight,” said Rarity, holding up a hoof. “Any friend who’d go snooping around in somepony else’s dreams is no friend of mine. That you could take something as personal as her diary, a dream diary no less, and read it without her permission, I just can’t believe you’d do something so lowly.” With a delicate ‘hmph’, she tossed her mane over her shoulder and walked away, leaving Twilight stunned.

“Rarity…” Twilight held out her hoof feebly, but Rarity didn’t stop. She didn’t even so much as look back. Her heart sinking a little more, Twilight mumbled under her breath, “I have to fix this.” She glanced up at the sky and saw clouds were gathering in greater numbers now, and a darkness was pervading the relative calm. She bit her lip.

Twilight pressed on, hurrying through the streets, only occasionally stopping to ask random passersby, “Excuse me, have you seen a unicorn with a rainbow mane recently?” The answers she received varied greatly, but not because they actually knew where Rainbow Dash was.

“Rainbow mane? You mean the pony you betrayed?”

“How can you possibly be looking for her after what you did?”

“Do you think she even wants to talk to you?”

“How dare you even ask me where she is.”

“Rainbow Dash hates you.”

“Rainbow Dash never loved you.”

“Rainbow Dash doesn’t want to see you ever again.”

Twilight fell to her knees in the middle of the street, her fur getting soaked from the puddle she’d stepped in. All around her ponies were yelling at her, cursing her, angry looks on their faces. She tried to hold up her hooves to push them away, but they just came closer and closer, suffocating her. It was all she could do to look up in the sky and see lightning strike down in jagged arcs. One bolt even managed to hit the library.

Her eyes went wide as she pushed through the crowd of angry ponies only to watch her library catch fire, burning a bright and furious red. As she galloped towards the library, hoping that she could do something, anything, to stop it from burning down, she felt rain start to come down in heavy waves.

Another bolt of lightning struck, cracking one of the branches on the large treehouse and causing Twilight to have to roll out of the way. Her mouth was agape as she watched in horror. Rain lashed at her sides, the streets quickly becoming small rivers as more and more water poured from the sky.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to her. Panicking now, she braved the now blazing fire that was quickly consuming her treehouse and threw open the front door. The ceiling was on fire. The walls were on fire. Even the floor had the cracked red look of burning embers, but Twilight didn’t care. She started looking around frantically.

“Spike! Spike, are you in here?” she called, yelling upstairs and downstairs. But even after a few more shouts, she heard no response, and she wasn’t sure if that made her more, or less worried. Eventually Twilight was forced to abandon the library as a beam holding up the second floor collapsed in on itself and almost crushed her.

Twilight stumbled backwards, tripping over the door frame and landing on her flank. She closed her eyes and turned away, afraid to watch anymore as huge flames engulfed her treehouse, devouring it in a fiendish display. Her lips trembled, and tears started to stream down her face, mixing with the rain that was pouring down even harder now and making it impossible to distinguish the difference between the two.

“I wish I had my horn,” she said in a shaky voice, her mane plastered over her face. “I wish Rainbow Dash were here. I wish—” Before she could say her final wish, Twilight noticed that the rain was coming down in torrents now, and she could feel the water under her hooves start to rise rapidly. Twilight stood up, looked around.

Looking to her left and right, she saw that the water was quickly getting higher and higher, and that all the ponies had escaped into their homes, leaving Twilight frightened and alone. She stood there, not knowing what to do, as the water rose up to her knees, and then to her haunches.

“I have to do something,” she said to herself. Glancing up to the sky, Twilight was struck by a sudden idea. “That’s right! I still have Rainbow Dash’s wings!” She unfurled her delicate wings and fought against the heavy rain to lift herself into the air. Before she got very high, only a few feet off the ground, she was forced to hold her hoof up to her face to block the wind and the rain.

Forcing herself higher, Twilight rose up above the town, looking down on it to see that a massive flood was surging through the streets, washing away benches and market stalls, and anything else that wasn’t secured. “Where is the weather team?” said Twilight, looking around, expecting to see a group of pegasi taking to the sky to combat the storm. But, try as she might, she couldn’t see anything like that happening. They sky was filled with black clouds and white lightning, but not a single pegasus besides herself was anywhere to be seen.

A crack of thunder heralded a lightning bolt that Twilight just barely had time to dodge out of the way over. Between the hurricane-like winds and the thick sheets of rain, it was almost impossible for Twilight to fly straight. It was all she could do to keep herself in the air, but she knew that she must, at all costs, stay in the air. Even if the chances were seeming slimmer and slimmer, she was still hoping to catch a flash of blue fur or a purple scale. Anything to let her know her friends were still alive.

It was then that Twilight caught, out of the corner of her eye, the sight of a pony struggling to stay holding on to the door of Sugarcube Corner. Twilight’s heart stopped as she noticed the pony was the same blue as Rainbow Dash, and she was a unicorn too.

Tucking her wings in, Twilight dove down towards the pony, realizing as she got closer that it was, in fact, Rainbow Dash who was clutching onto the door for dear life. She looked up just as Twilight was coming out of her descent.

“Twilight!” she called, waving a hoof at her and almost losing her hold at the same time.

It was difficult to hear her over the sounds of wind and thunder, but Twilight’s heart soared at the sound of Rainbow calling her name. She swooped in low and wrapped her hoof around Rainbow Dash’s, saying to her, “Hold on tight!”

Twilight’s wings strained against the weight of two ponies, and the combined difficulty of a severe thunderstorm throwing her off balance. After a few powerful strokes of her wings, however, she was able to lift herself, and Rainbow Dash, into the air.

“Twilight!” Rainbow Dash called up to her. “You have to get up there and break this storm up!”

Twilight looked down at Rainbow Dash, her hooves wrapped around the other mare’s. Her grip tightened. “I don’t know how,” she called back. “I’m not a pegasus like you.”

“Well, you are now!”

“Ah!” Twilight shrieked as a bolt of lightning arced past her, almost striking her wings as she struggled to keep aloft in the tumult. She knew she had to find a place to land, but everywhere she looked, all she saw was water now. Any semblance of Ponyville was gone, replaced by a vast, raging ocean of endless depth that stretched as far as she could see. “Rainbow,” said Twilight, looking down at the pony in her hooves. “I’m sorry! About this, about everything!”

Her mane whipping around in the wind, and soaked with rain, Rainbow Dash grit her teeth. “Yeah, you should be! This is all your fault!”

“I know,” said Twilight softly, barely audible over the howling wind. “I messed up. I messed everything up.” Tears streamed down her face, falling imperceptibly into the ocean below. “I’m sorry that I read your diary behind your back, and I’m sorry that I invaded your dreams, and I’m sorry that I ever asked you to be part of this experiment in the first place.”

Rainbow Dash’s lip trembled. “No…” she whispered. “I’m glad you asked me, even if things ended up this way.”

“But, I—”

“It made me realize that you—that I… cared about you,” said Rainbow Dash, looking up at Twilight. “I’m sorry I said this was all your fault. If I had been in your situation, I’m sure I would’ve done the same thing.” She gave a little laugh. “Actually, I probably would’ve read the dream diary sooner.”

Looking down at Rainbow Dash, Twilight smiled weakly. “Rainbow Dash, I should’ve said this a long time ago, but… I think I—”

The look in Rainbow’s eyes made Twilight stop. Smiling, the other mare said, “I know. Trust me, I know, but right now kinda isn’t the time.” There was a loud crack as lightning shot forth from the black clouds.

“Maybe you’re right,” said Twilight, laughing nervously. “But I don’t know what to do. I’m not a pegasus like you. Even if I have the wings I can’t—” She stopped, her eyes lighting up suddenly. “Rainbow!” she said suddenly. “I’ve got a plan.”

Rainbow, who was still hanging from Twilight’s front hooves over a roiling ocean said, “Well, don’t keep it to yourself.”

“You’re going to have to use your horn,” said Twilight, nodding towards Rainbow’s forehead.

“I don’t know how to use this thing!” Rainbow shouted. “If you can’t control the weather, what makes you think I can use my horn?”

“It’s easy,” said Twilight, more to reassure herself than Rainbow Dash. “You’re just going to switch back my horn and your wings. Piece of cake… heh.”

“How am I supposed to do that!?”

Twilight bit her lip. “Umm, well, just try to imagine switching them back in your head. Think about it as hard as you can. You have to really concentrate.”

Rainbow shook her head. “I don’t know if I can, Twi. I’ve never done anything like this before.”

“Neither have I,” replied Twilight, “but we’re just going to have to make it work.” She took a deep breath. Her strength was quickly fading, and it was getting more and more difficult to hold Rainbow Dash up, but she wasn’t about to tell her that. “On the count of three, I want you to think about switching back harder than anything you’ve thought about in your entire life.” She looked down at Rainbow expectantly.

Rainbow looked back up at her, grit her teeth, nodded, and said, “Let’s hope this works!”

“Okay. One! Two! Th—Ah!” Right as Twilight was about to finish, a bolt of lightning zapped right next to her, making her flinch instinctively and drop Rainbow Dash as a consequence. She watched in slow motion as the other mare plummeted towards the frothing ocean, her eyes wide with fright. Twilight didn’t even have enough time to recover and start diving after Rainbow Dash before she saw her horn start gathering light at the tip. When she was only a few yards above the water, there was a bright flash of light, and suddenly it was Twilight’s turn to fall.

With her wings gone in that flash of light, Twilight had her horn back, but the only things keeping her in the air were nowhere to be seen. She felt an immediate sense of vertigo as the sky dropped out from under her and she fell towards the ocean. However, almost as immediately as the sensation started, it stopped and reversed. She felt hooves wrap around her body and looked up to see Rainbow Dash, her eyes hard and focused straight up, beating her wings, carrying the two of them higher and higher.

Twilight, who was in Rainbow’s two forehooves and hugged close to the mare’s chest, reached out and wrapped her hooves around her savior’s neck, squeezing her tightly. “Rainbow, you did it!” she cried.

Rainbow Dash smirked. “Like you said. Piece of cake.” Her smirk disappeared a second later though as she rolled out of the way of a stray lightning bolt. “But we’re not out of this yet,” she added, her faced returning to a look of pure concentration. “I’ve got to find somewhere to land. I can’t fly forever.”

For what felt like hours, Rainbow battled her way through raging storm clouds and malevolent lightning bolts, all while keeping the pair of ponies above the sea beneath them. Her wing strokes, much more powerful than Twilight’s had been, were the only thing keeping them aloft now. Twilight, for her part, was using her horn to give what little light she could in the darkness, and also did her best to fend off the lightning by keeping up a protective shield around them.

Eventually, Rainbow’s strength started to give way, and Twilight felt her grip loosen, and each beat of her wings was less forceful than the last. “I don’t know how much longer I can keep this up, Twi,” she said. “I don’t see land anywhere. Where even are we?”

Twilight shook her head, wiping the rain from her eyes. “I have no idea. For all I know we could’ve left Ponyville awhile ago.” Her eyes went wide. “Oh my gosh! What about everypony else. Do you think they’re okay?”

“I’m sure they’re fine,” said Rainbow Dash. “I bet AJ rounded everyone up and got them to higher ground when the flood started. She’d know what to do.”

“Rainbow Dash,” said Twilight sheepishly, “I’m sorry about all this.”

“What, you’re apologizing again?” said Rainbow, smirking, though her eyes still looked just as worried as before. “Wasn’t once enough?”

Twilight’s face was serious as she looked into Rainbow’s eyes. “No. I can’t apologize enough for violating your trust.”

“Look, we all make mistakes, Twi.”

Twilight shook her head vigorously. “No! You can’t just let me off that easy. This is bigger than that. I… I understand if you don’t… feel the same way you might have before—”

“Twilight.”

“—A-and, I understand if you just want to be friends—”

“Twilight…”

“—But, no matter what happens, I don’t want to lose you as a friend, so please—” she looked pleadingly into Rainbow’s eyes “—don’t hate me.”

“Twilight!” Rainbow Dash shook her head. “I don’t hate you. I could never hate you.” She laughed. “You don’t get it, do you?” Smiling, Rainbow Dash brought her face closer to Twilight’s. “I was mad because I thought you were manipulating me, and I ran away because I was scared you weren’t. It may have taken almost drowning and flying through a storm for me to really realize it, but…” A soft smile tugged at her lips. “I love you, Twilight.”

Words escaped her. Twilight tried to respond, but her mouth just opened and closed fruitlessly. She eventually settled for a smile like Rainbow’s, and another hug. As Twilight held Rainbow close to her chest, she whispered into her ear, “I love you too.”

Once the two separated, both of them were sporting a delicate blush that neither decided to comment on. Of course, it could’ve also been due to the cold that was permeating their bodies from the harsh rain they were still enduring, but it didn’t matter. For the first time in a long time, Twilight felt like she was exactly where she wanted to be.

“So…” said Rainbow, breaking the somewhat awkward silence that had followed their confessions. “Now what?”

“I guess we try to get out of this storm?”

“I don’t have much strength left,” said Rainbow with a strained look on her face. “Maybe another minute or so.”

Twilight tried to smile reassuringly. “Don’t worry. If you fall, I’ll catch you.”

Rainbow chuckled weakly. “It’s a nice sentiment, but who’s going to catch you?”

“Hopefully somepony.”

Rainbow Dash’s wing beats were now barely keeping them in the air. She was faltering more and more with every inch they flew. After about a minute or so, like she had guessed, her wings started to give out completely, and it was all she could do to keep them open so she could glide, which was difficult considering the wind was still rocking them left and right while the rain pounded down on them from above.

“I’m sorry, Twilight,” said Rainbow, her eyes fluttering as she strained to keep her wings unfurled. “I can’t go any farther.”

“Don’t worry,” Twilight said softly, “I’ve got you.”

And then, rolling over on to her back so Twilight was facing the sky, Rainbow dropped altitude dramatically and started diving towards the ocean. Wind howled in their ears, even louder than before, and the rain lashed their faces as the water’s surface drew nearer. Finally, they were mere inches above it, and then there was a loud splash as they crashed into the water.


Twilight shook her head, flinging water from her mane all over the place. Her eyes shot open, and she moved her mane out of her face. The darkness was quickly replaced by a familiar face standing over her. “Spike?” she said incredulously.

Spike was standing there, an empty bucket in one hand, and another full of water by his feet. He smiled, tossing the bucket aside. “Man, I thought you two’d never wake up.” He shook his head, chuckling. “I tried everything.”

“Ugh, why am I all wet?” asked Rainbow Dash, who was awoken at the same time as Twilight. She flicked her hooves and shook her head, clearing the water out. “Spike, what the heck?”

He shrugged. “I told you. I had to do something to wake you guys up. It’s been hours already.”

“Hours?” Twilight cocked an eyebrow. “What time is it now?”

Spike pointed his thumb over his shoulder at the clock on the wall. “It’s already 8 o’clock at night. I was worried you guys were, like, in a coma or something.”

Twilight sighed. “I guess it was all just a dream then.” She turned to Rainbow Dash. “Do you… remember anything?”

Rainbow, who was busy squeezing the water from her mane, said, “That depends, did you have the same dream as me?”

“Was there a flood?”

“Yep.”

“And did you have a horn?”

“Uh huh.”

“And I had wings”

“That’s the one.”

“Did you switch them back?”

Rainbow held up her hoof. “I’m pretty sure we’ve established that we were having the same dream.”

Twilight brought a hoof to her chin, tapping it softly. “I wonder how that’s possible though? Weren’t we in your dream, Rainbow Dash?”

“I remember I was having my own dream, and then you showed up in it,” said Rainbow, shrugging. “After that, things kinda went dark and then suddenly we were back here, but I felt like I was awake.”

“I think that we may have moved from your dream, to my dream,” suggested Twilight.

“Is that even possible?” asked Spike, his arms crossed as he followed Twilight’s lead and tapped his chin.

Rainbow Dash tilted her head to the side and hit a hoof against her ear in an attempt to get the water out of the other ear. “I guess so,” she said. “Looks like that’s what happened.”

“Wait,” said Twilight, her face suddenly turning red as she looked over at Rainbow Dash, “if we were in the same dream, then you remember what we said to each other?”

Rainbow lifted her head up, her mane still soaked and stuck to her face, a sly smile coming over her. “Maybe this will help you decide.” She leaned forward, causing Twilight to suck in her breath and make her face grow even redder.

“Rainbow—” Twilight was stopped mid sentence as Rainbow Dash’s mouth came into contact with hers. The other mare’s lips felt unbelievably soft, and the fact that they were both soaked with water still meant that the kiss was wetter than Twilight was anticipating. Twilight knew it would be cliche to admit it, but it felt like their kiss lasted for an eternity, or at least a few minutes, but when Rainbow Dash pulled away, it had only been a few seconds.

The other mare grinned, licked her lips, and then said, “How’s that for an answer?”

Spike looked back and forth between the two mares. He arched a brow, saying, “What kind of dream did you two have, exactly?”

Twilight, still blushing like a filly on prom night, said, “I’ll tell you about it some other time.” She then moved towards Rainbow, rubbed her muzzled against the other mare’s, and kissed her again while Spike stood there, shaking his head.

Comments ( 8 )

Two things:

1) I'm glad to have this finally done, even if it took 5 and a half months longer than it should have, but I'm not totally pleased with everything. I think there's a lot that could be improved upon, but it was a fun experiment to see if I could write romance well. I'm still not really sure that I can, but at least I tried and it wasn't the worst shit ever (hopefully). I may or may not edit this to suck less in the future, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

2) I almost made Twilight's last line be "A dream come true." But I knew I couldn't live with myself if I wrote something so utterly fucking cheesy, so I changed it to what it is now. A line that's only slightly less cheesy.

Well, I can say I'm pleased with how this ended and I'm glad that it is finally finished. A good story my only criticism being that the ending felt a little rushed, but not too much.

Ok hear are my thought on the story as a hole.
1. The build up: This was a good one for this particular reason. The build up from Rainbow being a friend to having dreams about Twilight and finally confessing was well phased and believable to be Rainbow's character.
2. The phasing: The phasing of this story was relay good not to slow and not to fast. You made every chapter a relay good one, and left us wanting more(even at the end. Maybe a sequel?)
3. The characters: Twilight and Rainbow was very well written with in this story. I have read several TwiDash story's whear ether Twilight or Rainbow is out of character but you made them believable i applaud you sir.
4. The ending:The ending was good After reading Chapter 4 i relay thought that the horn/wing switch relay happened and so it made me want to read chapter 5 even more. Around the point in chapter 5 whear you are describing Twilight's house burns to the ground i had 2 thought in my head. Either Rainbow is doing this with her magic or this is a dream. Right about wean the flood started i made my chose the later of the two.

So all in all relay good story with some excellent writing and characterization. The romance was relay good to you defensively know how to write one.
So now to the numbers of my longest review of a story to date. I give this story a 9/10 it was not perfect but it was bloody good. Looking forward to see if you write any more stuff like this. :raritywink:
~Tobben

This was an interesting story and seemed quite different to the norm around here.
But maybe that's my own response to this kind of adventure / distinctive direction type stories.
In other words, I liked the premise you gave the story and how you eventually developed it.
A real nice piece of written artwork!

I became addicted to this story when I started reading it. I'm so glad it's finally finished and it's very cute Twidash. :rainbowdetermined2::twilightblush:

I love the dream sequences and how Rainbow Dash kept having lucid dreams about Twilight. The ending felt a bit rushed and I quickly guessed they were still dreaming (about the time she had her first Q&A session with a stranger). Everything in the dream channeled Twilight's fears, making it predictable, but accurate.

Overall I'm glad it ended on a happy note, but I would have loved to see them take longer trying to get together, with maybe a little less drama for the climax. That's just me, though.

Lovely story. Have a Spike 'stache: :moustache:

Welp. I saw the dream twist from chapter 4 coming anyway. I'm glad to see that neither Rainbow nor Twilight did, though; felt more natural that way.

As far as a story, it's alright. As far as a romance...well, it skips entirely over following a character's mindset, so it feels like it's on the other side of the window.

That and it's 3rd person, only following Twilight the entire time. I mean, following one perspective the entire time can work, but this story seems like it might benefit from following both perspectives; less likely to feel like Rainbow Dash changed disposition on a flip-switch.

As she galloped towards the library, hoping that she could do something, anything, to stop it from burning down

HAWW, HAWWWW!

...

Now I feel bad.

So, I finally got around to reading the last chapter of this little story. Go me. It's nothing remarkable, but nonetheless a decent romance. The whole storm sequence brought back memories of The Party Hasn't Ended. I wonder if that was your intention...

6899779 Yes it is. I have been training a bit myself, but I still haven't had a lucid dream yet. It is basically training the mind to be more aware of your surroundings, and doing 'reality checks' like holding your breath to see if it's reality or a dream. Then when you're in a dream and have figured out that you are dreaming, you can basically do whatever you want. Ever wanted to fly and shoot random lasers at stuff? Just DO IT. You are in control of your entire dream, and yet, it feels just like its real. So yes, lucid dreaming is a real thing. Most people don't believe it even though it's been proven many times by SCIENCE xD

Login or register to comment