• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 3,887 Views, 18 Comments

Decadence - Coconut



Twilight Sparkle was so, so alone.

  • ...
11
 18
 3,887

Decadence

"Woah... when did you learn to do that?"
“That was a little trick Celestia taught me!”




Alone. The corridor was empty. The castle, still. Not a single sound could be heard, and if you didn’t know better, one would think the world had come to a stand still right at that moment in time. This and the truth had a very thin, blurred line between them. Something had happened. Something very, very bad.

Twilight Sparkle stood. The corner of her lips twitching, a frown threatening to show. She prized her blank expression, and thus she did everything in her power to keep it. Her lips stopped. Suddenly, the silence did too. Her hooves clacked against the ground as she trot. Her mane was frizzed, various different pieces of hair sticking out. It’s once sleek shades of purple and pink, faded. Her coat was a light, greyish color. And her eyes stood a dark red and green, a flow of purple flowing from them.

On the outside, she seemed void of life. Cold to the touch, as if she was made out of steel. Her mind on the other hand was littered with thoughts and plans, calculations and problems. This was nothing different for her, but her once good alignment was long gone from her thought process. The world had become her chess board, and everypony she knew was now a playing piece in the game.


What had become of the once beloved champion of Princess Celestia? Her downfall had been frightening, and the image of her scowl was now engraved into many ponies minds. She had started small, forcing those she once cared for and smiled at on cold, winter mornings to submit and bow at her hooves. Horn glowing with aura, homes were crushed and destroyed by magic and blazing flames. Screams were heard, and in a matter of a few hours the once friendly, welcoming Ponyville was nothing but a disaster.

Then came Canterlot. Who could stop her? The guards couldn’t, as they were thrown in all different directions and some, ripped apart by a dark mist. The city’s stone pathways were now stained red. Ponies slammed their windows shut, hiding in their homes in fear. They hoped the Princesses would take care of the situation, and thoroughly believed they could. They could do anything.

Luna and Celestia had been there. When her student of choice reached the palace, pain steadily crept over the Sun Goddess’ face. Failure ringed in her ears. Yet another pony she had failed, another pony who had been under her guidance and fallen. And now, another pony she had to stop with her own will power. She loved Twilight, but she loved her kingdom more.


Twilight Sparkle turned her head. Looking down the hallway, a stallion wearing dented, worn out armor scurried to pick up his spear. His crest reflected the pride of the Canterlot Royal Guard, but his attitude blocked it with cowardice as he saw the power-mad Unicorn and gasped. He ran, and she let him. Continuing on her way throughout the empty castle, the throne room had now come into view.

She remembered a warm, summer day with her brother. Shining Armor had wanted to be a part of Celestia’s protectors since he was younger. They’d talk about how he would one day wear the colors of Canterlot on his armor, and he’d make their mother and father proud when he went to battle to protect their family. Twilight would simply smile. That’s what she always had done. She would smile.

It was when she was happy. She had a rather good fillyhood, both of her parents loving and caring. Her brother was a good roll model, and her life had only improved more when she became Celestia's student. And then, Ponyville came into the picture. The best days of her life. Her friends, her adventures. She had believed in friendship and love so strongly. That was, until they went to the Crystal Empire.


Sombra's magic had been strong.
Twilight hadn't been strong enough to defeat it.


The thrones came into view. Two differently themed chairs, both equal in size. One mothered the sun, while the other took a fondness to the moon. It was obvious who had sat in which, but now it didn’t matter. She knew exactly which one she was going to take.

An aura lit up around her horn. Focusing all of her energy on the darker, blue colored throne she gave a wicked smile and allowed the magic to flow freely through the tip of her horn and out in the form of a blast, hitting dead center in the piece of furniture. At first it cracked, but then it solely split in two and fell apart. Princess Luna’s seat of power didn’t need to exist, because it’s owner didn’t.

The Unicorn walked forward. Her eyes softly fell upon the last remaining throne, it’s gold trim shining in the sunlight that poured in from the windows. Despite a few places chipped because of the explosion of the other chair beside it, it was still regal and tall in all of it’s might, just like Celestia. What a shame she wasn’t here to see this. She would have been proud. Yes, happy to see her faithful student taking her throne for her own, corrupted power. What a faithful student she was.

As she finally sat upon the throne of the Sun, her eyes flickered with a black, decollete look. She looked about the room, enjoying the silence that filled the palace. And that’s when it had sunken in, that she had won. Everything was hers now, and she was free to do as she pleased with Equestria. Who could stop her? There was no one left. All of this power, all of this rule was hers for the taking. The corner of her lips twitched.

Twilight Sparkle smiled.

Comments ( 18 )

ill give it a upvote, however this seems like the final chapter to one hell of a dark story. not a quick one shot.
i highly recommend expanding this a great deal. flashbacks on the throne sorta thing.
much potential but this is wasted as a short one off.

Ugh, this is really dark and really good. Corrupted Twilight is fun and I'm guessing fun to write as well. I'm tempted to write something darker now, gdi. Slams fist on table. I DEMAND MORE SHORT STORIES, YES.
ILU BTW. :raritywink:

3090428 Also agreed. Heck, this could even be an "in media res" sort of thing...

3090798
im telling you man. this was awesome for a chapter. change this to incomplete and wow us with crazy twily. if this is a good example of your style it could be amazing.

What Happen, Whit Celestia And Luna =?¿= :rainbowhuh:

My, my, my.
This was certainly an interesting turn of events.

Love it, but I kinda feel like this should be a full fic and not just a one shot. Also, it might be nitpicky, but what exactly did happen with Celestia and Luna?

Seriously?
You're seriously gonna tease us like this?
You did a corrupted Twilight and you COMPLETELY skipped the boss fight?

I'm ... not sure whether to curse you or commend you for doing something original.

Have an up-vote?

Hmm I wonder if Princess Celestia has a plan if Twilight ever became evil, if she doesn't it would be a good idea right now to start planning.

-For the glory of the Armada!

oh COME ON! this CANNOT be a oneshot! THIS CAN BE SO MUCH MORE! :raritycry:

ugh, now my mind is running amuck with how this happened and everything! It's pointedly going to "Twily failed, princess Celestia disowned her, her friends no longer care, the dark magic overtook her in her weak state, she killed Tia and Lulu, NOOOOOOO~"

:raritydespair: please say my mind is just being silly, at least the whole.... no, just say it's being silly! :fluttershyouch:

awesome story has been given an awesome up-vote!:pinkiehappy:

and an awesome Favorite!

3858355 Go read the 'Terror in Equestria' trilogy, if you like this.

4004540

link please? i might have read it already... it sounds familiar.

Sombra's magic had been strong. Twilight hadn't been strong enough to defeat it.

So, just to clear up ambiguity, they went to the Crystal Empire, and they failed to stop Sombra and either her friends, her brother or both of them, died in it. So, she became heartless and vented her anger on the one she blamed for sending her to certain doom, Celestia and Luna?

Hello! Have a review. The AU setup of a dark magic-corrupted Twilight is great, but a thousand words just isn't long enough to do such a concept justice.

Login or register to comment