• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 6,036 Views, 69 Comments

Two Worlds. One Family. - Bronybro 117



Moments between a baby dragon and his adopted mother.

  • ...
4
 69
 6,036

Chapter IV: Day Care (Part 1)

“But, mommy, I don’t want to,” the little six-year old dragon, whining to his mother as they trotted through the dense marketplace. The early morning shone down upon them as it warmed bathed them both; the rattle of hooves echoed throughout the morning.

Celestia couldn’t help but sigh at her son outburst; he was already complaining on the way to the new Daycare center that has built recently; the young, six year old dragon reaction was him latching onto her alabaster belly, crying out his little heart that he didn’t want to leave without mommy behind; all alone with a couple of little foals in a classroom for a couple of hours.

Oh, the face he put on her made nearly her regret that decision, but resisted. He should not cooped up in the castle and socialize with others, beside his sister, Twilight Sparkle. The little pony, since her acceptance to become her student, had exceeded better than she has anticipated. Overcoming many of the trials she had set for. The awards she had given to her had made her more confidence in her magical abilities, unlocking her full potential one by one.

She had never seen this much magical in a unicorn since Starswirl the Bearded had become the head magician of the magic guild and her former student…Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset Shimmer, in her own eyes, was a very potential student; a natural polymath in the arts of magic just like Twilight sparkle, but her demands for knowledge and her greedy mind had made her to remove her status as her student, but instead her former student disappeared to the magical mirror, leaving and abandoned everything she had been teach.
Her musings soon came to end as she felt the familiar pinch of a scale arm on her leg; the sound of a chirp voice punctuated through the air.

“I don’t want to go, mom.” Her son squeaked; the signs of fear etched in his tone made him tighten his arm around her as they walked out of the marketplace, avoiding the many stares coming from the noble and common people.

She stops and lower her face to nuzzled his head to comfort him of anxiously, “My little draconem, there is nothing to fear for what it is up ahead, but please don’t let fear cloud your feelings.” She gave him another nuzzled on the face again, “and besides, you might make some friends.” She nuzzled him one last time, feeling the small arms of her son lessened.

“But mommy, I don’t want to leave you. I hate it when I’m alone.” Spike cried out; his cheeks almost marred by the tears dripping from his eyes. The little dragon proceeded to hug around his mother’s leg, hoping that she’d change her mind.

Celestia felt she could cry at the little moment he was pulling. The calling from her heart to forget the royal mask while in public. The burning of her heart to reach out for him and comfort him in her hooves; letting him cry out in envy, comforting him with her words that it’d be alright.

Enveloping him in golden aura, the little dragon cried out in shock as he was firmly placed on top of his mother back, feeling the familiar softness of her fur.

His mother proceed to start walking again, making the little draconem jitter as they reach closer towards the Day-care center.

“Spike,” Celestia spoke, her ‘mother’ mood kicking in, gadding the attention of the somber child. “There is a time when fear, fear that’d would overwhelm you, fear that could make even the most intelligent pony to commit rash decisions.

“Fear is part of who we are, spike. Even your mother is fearful for both you and my student. Fear can help and hurt you, but, at the same time; can nurture to become the person you are.” She tilted her head back; her swan neck arching back as a smile etched across her face.

“You may fear what is coming, even for your age; forcing to be remove from your mother’s protection, but in the end, you’ll gain many benefits, my little draconem.” She turned her head back as they continued through their journey, feeling the gust of air that flew by, carrying bits of leaves in its wake.

The Day-care center soon came ahead of them; like every other architecture building that came before them, it was large, three-story building that is wedge between two other identical ones; Its colors trimming with crimson on the upper part of it and azure at the bottom, nearing the entrance of the building.

Celestia felt, again, the tightening of her son’s sharpened claws on her neck as she continued forward towards the doorway. The slight muttering of her

Her white horn glowed, enveloping the door handle as she climbed up the stairs, hearing the familiar clicking of the door being opened. She entered inside, feeling the gust of warm air from the nearly air conditioner above her, feeling her fur and hair being frazzled by the warm air.

The room they are in was like any other standard waiting room: At the front end of the room was the desk of the receptionist between two grey-colored doors; a Pink-coated fur pony with a lime mane looking over some papers with her crimson eyes with a horn sticking out on her forehead.

The shutting of the door behind the princess and the Dragon alerted the receptionist, looking up from her work, she attempted to bow, but accidentally hitting her head during the frantic action, making a loud bang on the table as result.

The mare picked herself up, hearing the crackle of a child laughing throughout the room; her eyes darted towards the polychromatic princess and bow again, successful this time.

“Milady,” the receptionist said, “You’re just in time. The classes were about to start, if you followed me, pleased to the classes where the students are currently being seated.” Azure covered the receptionist’s horn as she opened the left door that leads to the stairs to the second floor of the building.

“Please follow me, Princess.” She asked again, climbing up the stairs.

Feeling the increased tightening of Spike’s crawls on her neck, she nuzzled him gently and given him a kiss on his scrape forehead.

“Everything will be alright, Spike. Mommy will always be with you.” Giving one last kiss on the forehead, she followed the receptionist upstairs, but it did not help put down spike's fears, despite his mother's reassurances.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the shortness of this chapter; was kinda busy with my other stories and was suffering from writer's block during this month, and I was force to go to a Thanksgiving party(which I enjoy) kinda put a dent in my writing time.

But, hey, I love some turkey in the afternoon.

Comments ( 22 )

ok lets duo this dawwwwwwwwwwwwww

CIA
CIA #2 · Dec 1st, 2013 · · ·

"You might wanna change the cover pic. It's to bloody adorable."

School... it begun.

Turkey is always good. Thats why there a holiday which we eat it on.

3568247 I don't want to be disrespectful, but how is this comment relation to the story?

3570336 Author's Notes

But, hey, I love some turkey in the afternoon.

3570374 Oh, forgot about that author note, right there. Sorry for that. :twilightblush:

3604150 Thank you for your appreciation on this story, dude. :twilightsmile:

3604221 It's not a HIE, even though a human has been mention, it isn't.

3604336 Why do you've a problem with HIE?

Damn, poor Spike, he's got it rough so young, you go Celestia, make him see he has nothing to fear long as his mother is with him:yay:

3604771 It is hard for a mother to let her child go.... it's even harder to let them leave.....:unsuresweetie:

3653165 I can honestly agree with that:ajsmug:


3604492 Out of respect for your story and you as a writer I perfer not to say, it's based on headcanon and has a lot of swear words in it:rainbowlaugh:

You need an editor. I take that back, you need multiple editors. I have to ask, was this story written in a different language and translated by google into english? If so then I should point out that translations are unreliable and often grammatically incorrect. If not, you still need an editor. Reading this was a chore as I constantly had to decipher what you were intending instead of what you wrote. I got half way through chapter two before i couldn't take the constant errors anymore. I decided to skip ahead to the last chapter to see if maybe it gets better but it too was full of grammer mistakes. I can ignore mistakes here and there, but having as many as this story does in so short of intervals makes it unreadable in my opinin. Please save your story and get it looked over.

3842236 I'd like to state the fact this chapter was completely unedited, and I couldn't find a new proofreader since my last one had to leave due to dilemmas in his life.

I know this fic's quality ain't par with your standards of writing, but will look over these errors and to fix them at the best of my ability.

Wouldn't Spike be related to Sunset and Cadence in this universe?

It has ben incomplete since 2013 we need more chapters PLEASE!!!!

Two worlds, one family? Isn't that the song from Tarzan?

Login or register to comment