• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 1,089 Views, 17 Comments

A Good Share of Lives - Sea Pony



This is the life of Winter Song a young water elementalist who will do everything to protect her family from every evil forces that dare threathen them and Equestria

  • ...
8
 17
 1,089

PreviousChapters Next
The training

A certain bird-human hybrid knock at a giant steel door painted in a color of gold. "Enter," a voice said simply from inside. Solana opened the door leading to the famous council of the gods. "Ah it's you my student what seem to be the matter?"

"Master Kira, some of our spies informed us that a giant white wolf attacked the Wasteland's prison."

The Elder god of death eyes widden. "Did he liberate many prisoner?" He asked urgently.

"No master he seemed only interested in this vampire that attacked Equestria, Muerto Titiritero."

Kira scratch his chin througfully. "Do we know the identity of that wolf?"

The Rito looked through her notes. "His description seem to match Infinitus ex leaders of the rebels in The Great War of the Gods some rumors say he could be now related to the Soul Reapers but it is not confirm." She replied calmly, "we also detected a strange magical disturbance before the two of them disappeared but nothing else since then. Do you want us to send a squad of knights?"

Kira looked at her grimly. "No, if it's indeed the Reapers behind this a squad will be no match against rebellious gods and kings."

The Rito looked at him curiously. "Then what do you propose?"

"I will go myself, the Soul Reapers has escape us for too long it's time I change this."

"But master! you should at least take some knight with you!" Solana plead.

"Don't worry my student I may have not seen some action for a while but I am still a Elder Gods a bunch of dangerous gods will be no match." And with that the hooded man disappeared heading into the Oasis Wasteland.

- - - - -

I charged at Snowdrop while flapping my wings the hardest I could. I shot several orbs at her but with her magic sense she easily sidestep them. She took her staff and threw it in my direction. Before I could react the staff bounce on my head brocking all my balance and making me crash for- how many times now? I lost count after twenty.

"Speed is not where you are at your strongest. Think about it what did you use during the fight against the King?" My teacher ask me.

"Well I used plenty of techniques related to water to be at advantage against his army." The filly nodded.

"Do you think other ponies would have used all these techniques?"

"Of course not!" I replied proudly. "Not anypony could be as perfect and creative as me!" I know I'm so humble right?

"Exactly! That where you power reside in!" Snowdrop exclaimed excited I was finally getting it.

"My power reside in being perfect? I always knew I was drop dead gorgeous!" I made a over exaggerated sexy pose. I was rewarded by a hit on the head courtesy of Snowdrop's staff.

"No! Your ability is to be creative. While most elementalistes only rely on their brute force you use your gift in ways nopony through about! The reason you won against the wendigoes was because they were never able to predict your next move."

"...I guess that make sense, but you still think I'm sexy right?" I asked hopefully.

"I wouldn't know I'm asexual and I can't see you." She replied flatly, oh yeah I tend to forget about the blind thing, my bad.

"Anyway your perfection aside your creativity will be useful but sometime you will need more power than what you have now. The technique I propose is extremely dangerous I would understand if you refuse to learn it." I stared at her nervousely.

"What is it?"

"It's a technique that will allow you to absorb the natural magic of Equis and use it as your own. But the risk is that if you let the magic overwhelm you your soul could become part of Equis magic." She explained.

"What would happen if this come to be?" I asked nervousely.

"Well you know how Luna was trapped in the moon?" I simply nodded. "It would be like that except in Equis. You would feel and see every life from the tinyest blade of grass to the most powerful ponies play out before you, see every single instant of their meaningless or important life and you would watch over them like a ghost hidden in the magic of the world."

I gulped "Did it arleady happen to someone?"

Snowdrop nodded. "One of Elder Kira's student had this happen to him. His student was powerful very powerful some said he was going to equal the Elders in magical ability one day. A few dozen years after his soul was lost to nature he became something called The Tree of Harmony."

Did I wanted to learn a technique that risk to transform me into an all powerful tree? "I-I don't think I want to take the risk."

Snowdrop didn't even looked disappointed she just gave me a accepting smile. "Fine then but your chalenge is still to hit me with one of your attack, so let's continue, if you don't mind."

A smirk cross my lips as a idea formed in my mind. Something jump out of the water and land beside me. There stood a perfect replica of myself I gave the clone a motion with a hoof and it's charged at Snowdrop. "I through I told you you couldn't beet me so easily." The blind filly rolled her eyes in annoyance.

I didn't listen to her, instead I flap my wings and sneak up behind her. Snowdrop rose her staff and hit my clone on the head. Imagine her surprise when instead of hitting a solid mass she felt her staff going through liquid as the clone disappear leaving only a puddle on the grass. Taking advantage of her confusion I created a orb and threw it at her from behind. Snowdrop turned around as she felt the spell being cast but it was too late and she was sent head first on the ground.

I gasp in disbelief if I wanted to be honest I almost through Snowdrop was untouchable so it came as a shock when I finally got a hit. I rushed at her side in a panick, "Snowdrop are you alright?!"

"Ouch I wasn't prepare for that. But I'm so proud of you my student you finally got me."

I couldn't help but smile at the praise. "So now that I pass the test is there something else you can teach me?"

"Unless you want to learn the dangerous technique, no apart from your style of combat you arleady mastered all there is about your element." She responded sincerely.

"What? But then why am I still so weak compared to Roxanne Dreamer?!"

"I don't know who is Roxanne but by her name I will guess she's not a pony. Our magic work differently than other races, our powers become more powerful with love, love can be found in many things, friends, lover and family are good examples."

"But I love plenty of ponies! Mom, my sister, my aunts, my best friend Sweet Tooth and my amazing fillyfriend!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, but do you love yourself?" She asked.

"Of course I love myself! Why wouldn't I love myself?! I'm the most awesome filly around!"

Snowdrop didn't fall for it for a second and put a comforting hoof on my cheek. "I think we train enough for now, if you have questions about elemental magic come find me."

- - - - -

As we left the Whitetail Woods I told my teacher I was going to visit my family. The ice blue filly sighed sadly as she hear me walk away. Snowdrop heard hoofstep behind her, she nervousely turn around. "W-who's there?"

"Hello miss Snowdrop it's quite a honor meeting such an inspirational mortal such as you. I am Elder Harmony." The Pegasus gasped in shock, an Elder God was praising her?! "If you don't mind I would like to show you something follow me."

"O-of course your highness." Harmony smiled before leading Snowdrop toward the Everfree forest.

PreviousChapters Next