• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 1,089 Views, 17 Comments

A Good Share of Lives - Sea Pony



This is the life of Winter Song a young water elementalist who will do everything to protect her family from every evil forces that dare threathen them and Equestria

  • ...
8
 17
 1,089

PreviousChapters Next
A Share of Tales Part 2


``Checkmate,`` I huff in anoyance as Onyx smirk in victory. Since I had nothing better to do since I didn’t know why the element of kindness send me here for yet and also because Onyx really didn’t want to see his mother, we decided to play chess.

Unfortunately for me he played the game a lot of time in his foalhood while I just played videogames and watch anime or cartoons. So he had a clear advantage on me, on the ten matches we played I only won one time.

``Whatever I was bored of this game anyway.`` I mutter before a yawn overtook me. The Prince look at the window to see that Celestia’s sun was arleady setting down letting some place for Luna’s moon to rise.

``Whoa I didn’t notice it’s was arleady this late, it’s crazy how time go when we have fun. I should probably let you sleep I will see you tommorow miss Winter Song.`` Onyx rise up from his chair and left me alone in the room.

I quickly trot to the bed before I slump on the comfortable matress. It’s was no cloud but it was certainly a good bed to sleep on.

Unfortunately even through it was comfortable I couldn’t find sleep, I toss around in my bed trying to find a good position but sleep never came. The problem wasn’t that the room was not comfortable. It was the first time I tried to sleep without mom or Meek Sky being in the same house, not that I was scared or anything I’m the most awesome filly in-

*CRACK-A-BOOM*

I swear I did not scream like a filly my age would, my screams are way cooler. ``AHHHHHH!`` ...Ok maybe I did scream like a filly my age would, but just a little! I looked at the window of my room, my eyes wide with fear and my legs trembling. I was a little reasured when I saw that the ‘explosion’ was in fact only the sound of lightning.

I tensed up when another lightning shot out of a cloud. I quickly trot out of my room. The dark empty halls of the castle was the first thing to greet me. Fortunately there a lot less lunar guards than day guards so there was less chances to be caught sneaking in the castle.

I stop in front of a room where a small light was visible under the cracks of the door. I slowly open the door and close it quietly behind me. The room was lighten up by a single candle. In the middle of the room was a large bed (to pony standards) sleeping on it was the prince that pass the entire day with me.

``U-um Onyx?`` I ask just above a whisper.

I heard a groan coming from the human before he pop open one of his eyes at me. ``Winter? What are you doing here? It’s 1 A.M.``

``Well I was just wondering if you want me to sleep in your bed since you know, you’re just a human. You’re probably scared of your own shadow so being with the most awesome girl ever should give you some courage.`` My awesome speech was interupted by another sound of thunder, I shriek at the top of my lung and without me even noticing I had jump on top of Onyx.

The Prince for his part resist the urge to laugh and roll his eyes at me. ``Sure you can sleep here but do not make an habit of it.`` With that Onyx roll around to let some place for me to lay down on.

I quietly curl myself into a ball beside Onyx. Now that I had company, even if it was with a stranger. I was able to relax a lot more easily, I also noticed that Onyx was petting my mane. Normally I would find it offensive that somepony threat me like a dog, but I got to admit it did feel good and it helped fall asleep a lot easier. I close my eyes and fell into my dreams, hopefully I would dream about being an epic adventurer tonight.

- - - - -

Clop, clip, clop. The sound of my hooves where the only thing I could hear on the hard cobblestone streets of the small town I was in. That is before I heard dozens of other hooves beating the streets to a very quick pace.

``Murder!``

``Get out of the way! This monster will kill us all.``

``Mommy! Come back don’t abandon me! MOMMY!``

Every parts of my brain told me to run as fast I could go. But my body wouldn’t obey it was as if I was controlled by invisible strings, like a pupeet slowly trotting to it’s doom. I see a stampede of ponies heading in my direction. I tried to cover my face with my hooves to prepare myself for the impact but my body still didn’t listen and I simply continue to trot.

Fortunately even in their panics the ponies where able to not stomp on me as they gallop in the street. I turn the corner and gasp in horror at the thing before me. I could see dozens of lifeless mares and stallions all piled with each other in one corner. On one of the brick wall of the alley a graffiti made of blood said ‘Where is your Elders now?’ A chill ran through my spine at the horror before me.

I involutary follow the trail of blood and saw the murderer standing there with a proud smirk. ``Titiritero! What have you done? You’re a monster!`` He only chuckle as if I had just compliment him.

``Me a monster? Have you seen yourself in a mirror lately Winter Song?``

``Yes I did, what your point?`` He roll his eyes annoyed at my ignorance.

``You’re a elementalist, you’re a freak of the nature as much as me. A mortal given the power of the gods and angels. You’re a error in the perfectly created world of the precious four Elders.``

``You’re wrong! They’re plenty of ponies with my type of powers!``

``Yes because they have a connection with the Elder in a way or another. You on the contrary you have no connection to any family. You were created because of a battle between two retarded apes who fought for what they through was right. You have no bloodline to anypony. You have no family, no friends and no real origins.``

``I have a family! Fluttershy and Meek Sky are my family!`` I scream in anger.

``Be not so sure of that.`` He smirk before a blood red orb apear in his hoof and exploded, when the smoke vanished my sister had appear out of nowhere. When she open her eyes she smile cruelly down at me.

``Poor little Winter, you were easy to fool I never consider you like family you were just a useful bodyguard at school nothing more. The only reason we keep you was because we didn’t want a freak galloping around freely across our beautiful pure land didn’t we?`` I couldn’t believe my ears, there was no way this was my little sister. And then various familiar faces all pop around us. Sonata, Soft Brew, the Princesses, mom and the rest of the element bearers.``

``I can’t believe Fluttershy took this monster under her hoof. But after all she is the element of kindness of course she would pity a thing that is hate by the rest of us.`` Princess Twilight made a disgust face.

``Ah can’t believe ah had to let her close of mah crops am sure she poisoned some of them with her filthy elemental magic`` Applejack sneered.

``I’m sorry I took the thing with me. It’s just that I wanted to keep her as a reminder of how this world is not perfect for creating abomination as such.`` My mother replied shyly to her friends. All the others laugh cruelly at me in response.

``Shut up! That not true! You’re not my family!`` In my rage I slamed repeatedly all of the fake ponies on the wall with water I had conjured myself. I continue to crush them again and again. ``SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!`` I finally stop my enraged attack only to see that everything around me was destroyed and drowned by my attacks.

*Clop, clop, clop* ``Bravo you just prove my point little filly. My, my, you really are a monster you destroyed an entire city only because some ponies were insulting you. It’s seem we are very much alike you and me.`` Titiritero state with a proud grin.

A look around me in the horror at the wasteland I had created. ``No, that can’t be possible. I didn’t mean it. Please you have to fix this!`` When I through it couldn’t be worse a body float above the water. My sister look at me with a lifeless stare. ``w-Winter, how could you? I was controlled by Titiritero, why did you hurt me. This hurt so much Winter, I-I am so weak....`` Meek Sky let her last breath before her the entire world fell silent. The only thing that was heard in this new lifeless era was my scream of horror at my now destroyed world all cause by my own hooves.

- - - - -

Winter Song woke up crying like a young filly. Which woke Onyx from his slumber. Not too sure what to do he did the same thing Celestia did for him when he was young after a he woke from a nightmare.

First he placed himself at the edge of the bed and hold the little filly between his arms, brushing her mane with his finger. Winter hide her face on his chest still crying and whispering thing about Her fault and a certain Meek Sky and some other inaudible thing. Onyx started to whispered the same lullaby that Celestia was singing to him when he was having nightmares, hopefully it make Winter more calm and after a couple of minutes. She regain control of her respiration and could talk normally again.

“Are you alright now?” Asked the prince, which Winter answered by nodding her head affirmatively.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Winter who knew that he would not understand did not answer him, which Onyx took it as a sign that she was maybe still shocked by her dream.

“If you want we can go to the kitchen, maybe a glass of water or milk will help you to change your mind?”

Winter would not say no to a opportunity to loosen her tired leg and so she followed the prince to the kitchen, on their way she realise that castle was not much different but still a bit different than usual. For example there was almost no sign of life of Princess Twilight, no portrait of her on the wall, no guards wearing her colors. Then she could see some portraits on the wall where she could see a representation of Celestia with her adoptive son at different age, they were dated from many years ago and it only confirm her what she already know, she was no longer home and alone in this strange but familiar world.

They finally arrive at the kitchen, Onyx hang her a glass of milk which she gladly accept it and take a sip of it, appreciating the freshness of her beverage, she let’s her mind forget about her problems. Only concentrating on the present moment where she was having a place to sleep and someone to took care of her.

They both finish their glasses, since the storm had died down since then, Onyx could convince Winter to sleep in the guest room again. They returned to their own rooms to finish the night, this time Winter was not hunted by her nightmares and she could appreciate a good night of sleep.

* * *

Onyx woke up the next morning in his bed like usual, appreciating maybe one of the last few morning of his life in this room, he slowly rose up and put clean clothes to welcome the little guess he was having. At Least while he was with her he did not have to worry too much about the incoming marriage and he would not mind if the filly was staying at the castle for another day or two.

“Maybe she is an orphan, that would explain why she was lost yesterday.” When he was sure that his hair was not too much of a mess and his clothes to be clean enough for be seen in public, he opened his door and walked toward Winter’s room. He knocked at her door for be sure that he could enter.

“Yes?” Answered the filly on the other side.

“It is me Onyx, can I enter?”

Winter answered by opening her door, letting the prince enter in.

“I hope you sleep well. I know Nightmare can be terrifying some time at your age.”

“You have no idea.” Thought Winter before she finished to make her bed with the help of the prince.

“You know, I was wondering if you would like me to help you to find your family today, this way I could explain them why you were not home yesterday?”

``Yeah... My family`` Winter Song gulped nervousely, how could she explained to him she was from an alternate world without sounding crazy?

PreviousChapters Next