• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 1,089 Views, 17 Comments

A Good Share of Lives - Sea Pony



This is the life of Winter Song a young water elementalist who will do everything to protect her family from every evil forces that dare threathen them and Equestria

  • ...
8
 17
 1,089

PreviousChapters Next
A Share of Tales Part 3

Misty barely made it alive with the sea serpent but he was able to kill it and recuperated the shard of life. A respectable Soul Reaper (If you can call any of them that) would have return to the Kira branch with the shard immediatly. But as he looked down at the soul catcher that contained one of the most powerful object in the world a smirk grew on his face.

``I’m not paid enough for being transformed into a pony and risking my life. But if I take this power I could run dry this entire kingdom and become the richest man alive!`` His smile grew wider as he set his field of vision in direction of Fillydelphia.

- - - - -

``Well it’s kinda complicated...`` How should I explain this to him? Should I lie about it? ``My dad died before I was born and my mom is helping in a war in a far away land.`` I replied, it wasn’t a lie but I didn’t say the entire truth either.``I tried to help mom but somepony stop me by sending me in here I don’t really know how it’s happened.``

To say the prince was shocked would been a understandement. ``I’m sorry I didn’t know.``

``It’s alright I’m sure her friends will keep her safe from Titiritero.`` He clearly wanted to ask who was Titiritero but he didn’t ask. We were interupted as somepony knock at the door.

``Hello, who it is?`` Onyx asked, he really hoped it wasn’t his mother that was on the other side of the door.

``I’m Glimmer Shield my prince.`` The voice from the other side of the door responded. Onyx sigh in relief before opening the door. ``Not that I’m not happy to see you but why did you interupt me and my guest?`` The guard nervousely look at me and I wave back at him nonchalantly.

``Well your mother told us to not disturb her and Luna can be a little... frightening when you wake her up in the middle of the day.`` Onyx resist the urge to roll his eyes at that. ``Anyway we got a call from the mayor of Fillydelphia, three banks have been robbed this morning. Each times the authority tried to stop the criminal strange monsters pop out of nowhere and drive the guards away.`` And by driving them away I assume you mean scaring the hay out of them, I through to myself.

``Did you see what the criminal look like?`` The prince ask with a frown.

``From the report we got he was a brown earth pony with black mane, the strange thing is that the suspect got no cutie mark but he had a tatoo of a white infinity symbol.`` My ears perk up in alarm at this.

``That strange-`` He was about to talk more but he was interupted by me.

``Thanks Onyx for helping me but I really got to go!`` I galloped to the window but a pair of fleshy hands stop me before I could take off with my wings.

``Winter Song, I can’t let you go alone, beside where do you want to go anyway?`` The prince ask me.

``I need to find this stallion he’s probably a Soul Reaper, don’t you see? That probably why she send me here in the first place!``

``Who?`` He ask confused, but he shake his head. ``I cannot let you go search for this criminal. You are just a filly, you could be killed!`` I growl in frustration, buck this. I didn’t want to reveal what I am in this world, but I can’t lose time here. My mom could be in danger back home!

The guard yelp in surprise and the prince was thrown at the wall by an explosion of liquid. It took a while for Onyx to regain his senses but what he saw when the bluriness vanished shocked him.
I was surounded by two snake-like blob of water slowly circling around me. I through I could finally leave the castle and go find the evil pony. But before I could do anything several guards burst in the room. Each of them pointed a spear at me.

A cool filly like me should have find a way to make a daring escape at the last minute and save the day. Unfortunately my phobia of stallions decided to show up at that moment. The blobs of water explode as my concentration broke and came crashing down on the floor.

I begin to breath erratically, everywhere I watched a hardened gaze of a stallion watch at me it was as if I was in a second nightmare. Seeing my distress the prince quickly lift himself and push the guards away.

``Don’t you see you are all scaring her to death? Get away I will take care of this!`` He glared at them.

``b-But my prince-`` The mare of the group of guards began to say, but was cut short by Onyx.

``She’s just a thirteen years old filly! She did not hurt me, shocked maybe but nothing worth a complete squad of guards to fuss about!``

``i-I see sir excuse us for our actions.`` The mare droop her ears before leaving the room with the others.

Seeing the guards had been taken care of Onyx turn his attention back to me. ``I’m sorry about them they shouldn’t have threaten you like that.``

``... I’m scared of stallions since I was young, one night when I returned from the birthday party of one of my cousins a drunk stallion saw me in the street and recognise me as the sea pony of Ponyville, it was a nickname they gave me because of my powers. But even through I’m a water elementalist doesn’t mean I can swim like a pro, but the drunk pony through the contrary and threw me in a river. The only thing I remember next is the local dentist reanimating me. Since then I developped a phobia of males in general. You must really think I’m weak.``

``No I don’t think so, everypony would be traumatised after what you’ve been through. And just look at me. I’m the proud prince of Equestria only member of my species. Yet I can’t stand spiders or owls.`` I couldn’t help to snickered at that.

``Seriously?`` He nodded rubbing his head sheepishly.

``So... What is a water elementalist? You said you were one but I never saw a pony creating water out of nowhere and you’re not even an unicorn.``

``Elementalist are mortals with the power of the gods. The gods are a powerful family who reign over my land almost everypony who share blood-tie with them possess powerful magical abilities. But sometime their a fluke and a mortal end up with almost the same powers. But since we’re not completely immortal like the gods we can die using this power and if a unicorn or another being capable of spell casting have these powers they won’t be able to learn other spells than the ones given by their special abilities other than basic things like levitation.``

``y-You could have died using your magic?!`` His eyes widen in alarm, of course I just exposed him to a secret he shouldn’t even know in his lifetime and the first thing he worry about is my security. I think he would make a good element of kindness if the title wasn’t arleady taken.

``Relax I would have to use every drop of magic to actually die, because contrary to unicorns our bodies doesn’t block the flow of magic when we use too much of it.`` He seem to relax slightly.

``Anyway Onyx thanks for helping me, but I think if I want to go back home I need to find this stallion in Fillydelphia, I know you’re worried but as you can see I can take care of myself.`` Yeah because the last time you passed to the action it’s have gone so well, a snarky part of my brain replied.

``It’s too dangerous even for a filly with your powers... But if it’s really the only way you can go back home at least accept my help. Me and the guards will help you against this criminal.``

Should I really let them fight against something that doesn’t even should concern their world? I would feel responsible if something happen to Onyx but... I’m not sure if I can survive this without him.

``Alright you can help me, but if you are in danger promise me you won’t do anything reckless.``

``I’m not sure you should be the one to say that.`` Onyx replied with a raise of an eyebrow. Since when did I ever did something reckless!?... Don’t answer that.
- - - - -

You know in retrospect maybe a magicless human and a thirteen years old filly shouldn’t have tried to face a member of an organisation that is knowed to stand up against the gods of the coucil. I never said I was smart.

``Stop right there criminal scum!`` One of the guard screamed at the stallion as he show up from his fourth bank robbery.

``Oh what a surprise some guards try once again to stop me. I have the power of the Elders, do you really think your pathetic excuses for stallions can stop me?!`` The stallion grin cruelly before the gem attached to his neck began to glow.

My jaw drop when I saw what he made appeared. Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis and Sombra four of the most knowed ennemies of ponykind all reunited together. Most of the guards around us screamed in panic and ran away as the four foes charge at us, however I noticed that Nightmare’s hoof had pass through a pebble of rock without even disturbing it.

With a smirk I began to charge back at the four beings. ``Winter what are you doing?! You will be kill!`` I ignore Onyx’s cries and jumped in front of Sombra. Just as I expected his body pass through me as if he was a ghost.

I looked back at the prince shocked face and smile back at him. ``They’re just illusions! They can’t hurt us!`` And with that the four most dangerous beings in Equestria disapeared in a cloud of magic.

``Oh you’re wrong if you think illusions can’t hurt.`` The stallion gem lit up once again, but this time all our environement. Me and Onyx were ow standing in a large city made of stones constructed at the center of a large forest.

``What is this place?`` I ask to myself.

``You’re currently in a perfect representation of Oasis just a few weeks before the final battle of the gods.`` Misty voice responded from all around us.

``Where are you? Show yourself!`` Onyx screamed, Misty only chuckled.

``Why would I do that? You two are my playthings now, I may not be able to hurt you physically with illusions. But I can do a lot of damaged emotionally and mentally.``

``What do you mean by that?`` Onyx questioned, but this time the stallion kept silent.

I felt the ground tremble beneath my hooves and saw strange bipedal cats around us looking worriedly at the entrace of the city. They must have been the inhabitant of this city. At last we saw humans entering the town they were all riding on horses.

As soon as they saw them the cats people began to run in panic, I tried to ask them what happening but I noticed we were stuck paralyzed where we were standing. One of the man formed a fireball in his hand and threw it at a woman of the cat people. I watched in horror as her fur caught on fire. And the worst was that the human didn’t even seem to show one ounce of regrets.

The other humans began to attack as well they had all different attacks like water, earth, wind, lightning and that when it hit me. These monsters were elementalists. I couldn’t help but think of the nightmare of yesterday was I truly meant to be a monster?

I looked at Onyx who also looked as horrified as me and I realised why. This was probably the first time he ever seen humans beings and that was the first impression he got of his own race. I couldn’t stand it with all my might I charged all my magic in a single attack and sent a giant wave of water around me.

The attack threw Misty on the ground in the real world and destroyed the illusion he had put on us. I was way too exausted to do anything after that attack so I turn to Onyx. ``Onyx! Get the gem before he can use it again, quick!``

The prince nodded with a grim frown and ran at the pony. He was about to take the gem. But was interupted by a kick on his stomach by the stallion. Misty didn’t lose a second before lifting himself up and gave a punch on the face of the prince.

After clearing his dizzyness Onyx responded by slamming his head on the stallion’s forehead. ``Fucking human, you will regret this!`` His gem once again began to glow. In a panic the prince tried to take it away from him.

The prince was thrown back by a powerful wave of magic, but since his grip hadn’t left the gem the rope of the pendant cut loose. Misty eyes widden when he saw his pendant wasn’t on him. ``My shard of life!``

But it’s was too late for him as the guards did their jobs for once. They formed a circle around him and pointed their spears at him. But back on Onyx and me the fight wasn’t completely over. Onyx eyes began to glow with the power of the shards.

I ran at him in panic. ``Onyx what happening to you?!``

``s-So much knowledge I can see thousand years worth of history and the entire lifes of several ponies, humans, griffins I can see all of it. I don’t think my brain can handle this much information.`` As if to prove a point he winced in pain. ``Those other worlds seem so... Cold and cruel I’m not sure I can handle seeing all these wars going on at the same time.``

``Oh buck what do I do, this is not good, really not good. I don’t know what this much informations thrown in his head at the same time could do, but it’s can’t be good!`` I look at the gem and sighed in resignation

``Onyx I will probably do the spupidest thing I ever did but trust me I have a plan... Sorta.`` I formed a spirtual orb in my hoof and gave it to Onyx. ``Okay here the plans you throw this magic orb on me. This should kill me immediately. But throw it on the head, just to be sure I don’t suffer too long.``

``What?! Are you insane?!`` The prince ask in shock, before wincing once again.

``Yes, yes I am. Now do it before I chicken out.`` Onyx just looked at me like I was crazy, which I probably was. ``Come on do it!`` In a panic Onyx threw the orb in my face.

When I regain conciousness I was on a bridge completely made of the gemstone. In the middle of the giant looking environement I saw a massive orb quickly rotating. ``Onyx, do you hear me?``

``I think so.`` The familiar voice boomed back.

``Ok I will try to stop the flow of magic, now I just heard theories from Twilight but if a different magical force connected with each other they should attracted each other like magnets. I’m sorry but it could affect your memories I don’t know what you will remember or not! But if you do remember something I want you to know that these humans didn’t represent your race. And even if they were you aren't human.

``You may look like one but you wouldn’t know the first thing at being one of them even if you tried. Onyx I have nothing against humans some of the best friends of my family are humans. But you are not one of them, you are a pony. The others might call you differently but you’ve been a pony you’re whole life. It doesn’t matter that you look different or that you eat meat.

``I know that you don’t see eye for eye with your mom right now but she count more than your blood-ties. I guess we’re kinda similar for that. I never met my real parents neither. But I know if I met them I wouldn’t consider them as important as Fluttershy and Meek Sky. I guess what I’m trying to say is that even if one day you find your race somewhere in this world, don’t forget what you really are on the inside.``

Onyx didn’t respond to my long speech but I knew he heard what I said. Without waiting any longer I jumped in the giant shard of life. Twilight theory proved to be true and the magic all came back around me even the ones that entered Onyx mind.

As the magic warp around me I began to lose my five senses and I made a last wish hoping the shard of life would listen to it like they said in the legend. ``I wish to go home!``

- - - - -

Present day

``And after that woke up when Sonata and Brew found me in the cave. I don’t know what happened to Onyx but I hope he’s alright. I know that one day I will probably see him again when he will die. But I hope this won’t be for a very long time.``

Fluttershy shook her head. ``Even in this life you must always go in the most unlikely of places.``

``What was that?`` I ask to my mom.

``Nothing sweetie, oh look! Look like we’re finally at the Crystal Empire!`` I sighed dejectedly as I look at the city made entirely of crystals. I arleady miss Ponyville.

- - - - -

``Are you arlight my prince?`` Ask a guard as he saw Onyx zoned out.

He shook his head. ``Just thinking about a friend.`` Onyx didn’t remembered much about the battle with this ‘Misty’ but he knew Winter Song got home safe. But there was one little phrase he always remembered after his meeting with her.

‘Don’t forget what you really are’

- - - - -

``You mean to tell me that you found a shard of life and then profited of it’s power. Not only that but you got beat by a meager filly and her human friend?!`` Infinitus roared in anger back at Misty.

``b-But the filly was an elementalist!`` The stallion replied pathetically.

``You are an incompetent fool. I guess the Reapers can pass of your services.``

``s-So I can go back home now?`` Misty ask whimpering.

``Oh sure!`` Misty gain a hopeful smile. ``I present you to your new home the soul catcher.`` The stallion lost his smile as the giant wolf grabbed a small gem in his paw.

``No! Captain please I will not make any mistakes again!``

``You’re right, you will never do another mistake in your whole life.`` He smiled cruelly before sending a lightning bolt at the stallion. Misty screamed in pain and drop on the floor lifelessly. The soul of the victim quickly filled up the soul catcher. Infinitus placed the gem in a trash can in which a small paper was taped on it where it was written ‘Faillures’

``Well look like my job here is done... Let’s troll on the internet I always feel better after that.`` And with that the giant white wolf left the secret hideout of the Reapers.

PreviousChapters Next