• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 1,089 Views, 17 Comments

A Good Share of Lives - Sea Pony



This is the life of Winter Song a young water elementalist who will do everything to protect her family from every evil forces that dare threathen them and Equestria

  • ...
8
 17
 1,089

PreviousChapters Next
The Snow Under The Moon

Knock, knock, knock.

Princess Luna groan as she was stirred from her slumber. Another series of knock made her lips contorted in a scowl. She flung the door open with her magic and glared at her personal maid Yuri. "What is the meaning of this?! I through I said not to wake me up in the middle of the day unless it's important!"

The young stallion-turned-mare gulped nervousely. "It's just that Winter Song came with an impatient filly who ask to see you. I told them to wait for tonight but the filly kept insisting."

"A filly with Winter Song? Could it be...What was the name of the foal?" Luna demanded with barely stifled hope.

"Well she didn't tell me. But she seemed blind even through she could find her way around. Why? Do you-" Yuri was cut off as the ruler of the night took off in direction of the throne room.

Once she was in front of the two golden door she stopped dead in her tracks. What should she tell her first? Would she hold a grudge against Luna for abandoning her once Nightmare Moon took hold of her mind? And why was she still a filly after one thousand years?

With a heavy breath she pushed the door opened. There in the throne room was a rough up looking Winter Song talking to a familiar ice blue Pegasus filly. "...And after I cleared all the excessive knowledge out of his head I got out of Onix's world and came back in this Equestria. Oh! Hi aunt Lulu!" Luna grimaced at the nickname and the title the teenage filly gave her. But then she settled her eyes on the foal.

"It's been so long my dear friend. I had almost lost hope to see you again."

Snowdrop looked up. "I had lost hope to see you three centuries ago." Luna recoiled at the cold tone of her best friend. "But now that I saw you again I'm happy that you're here." Without warning the blind filly leap in the embrace and hug her tightly to never let go. "Never vanish again! Please. I'm not sure I will be able to stay in this life if you do."

"I promise I will be with you forever or t'ill the end of time separate us." Snowdrop began to sobbed loudly. Luna didn't even flinch as tears after tears poured in her coat she simply let her cry. "Let it all go Snowdrop, you deserved a better friend than me..."

It wasn't long before Snowdrop fell asleep. While looking at her innocent form sleeping it was hard to imagine this was the same pony that would help me fight the Soul Reapers.

I approached Luna and looked at her as she lovingly gaze at the filly like a mother finding her child after months of separation. "Are you okay with it?" I asked.

"Okay with what?" She replied unsure.

"Okay that she's a Eternal Child." I explained.

She laugh as if my question was silly. "Celestia may be the one to be always called a fake goddess. But Author also recognised me as equal to his children. Between gods we have a unspoken rule that almost all follow: Don't question a mortal heart." She caught my confused expression and explained.

"It's a saying that say that mortals are too complicated to understand. But it's also mean you shouldn't question what somepony want. If you want to marry another filly I will be happy for you, I helped Yuri when she didn't knew certain things a mare should know and if Snowdrop want to be a foal forever it's her business as long as it hurt nopony it's not in our rights to judge."

I smiled at that and the room feel silent for a while then I asked something. "Say aunt Luna I was wondering. What is your favorite place apart from Equestria?"

She didn't even hesitate to respond "The province of Elsweyr from the world of Mundus I like the Khajiit race they are always so polite and pleasant and they like me because they worship their two moons. Why?"

I sighed tiredly "Just to know. I would just like to get out of the Equestrian borders without something wanting to kill me on the other side for once."

- - - - -

The next day me and Snowdrop found ourself inside the Whitetail Woods. I stopped abruptly when I saw a certain clearing with damaged trees.

The blind filly fell on her flank as her face met my backside. "Why did you stop Winter Song?"

"...That where my father died and where I was born sixteen years ago." I replied absently.

Snowdrop looked at me sadly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I know even through a part of his magic is in mom another one is still in me. And if he didn't die I wouldn't be here since I am his reincarnation."

Snowdrop looked at me with a cute confused frown. "Wait your last incarnation is your father? You have a weird family." I giggled in response.

"You don't know the half of it." We walked for a little while longer. Finaly we stopped at another clearing beside a lake.

"Good having some water nearby will make casting your spells easier for you. Now I want to see what you know so that we don't waste time on what you arleady know but also to see your potencial so that I know what I can teach you or not." The little filly explained. "Now attack me." She said simply.

I looked at her in disbelief. "What?! But I don't want to hurt a blind foal!"

"I'm not really foal and I can defend myself even with my small body and my eye condition, don't judge a enemy by their appearance." She responded confidently.

"Okay...If you're sure." Snowdrop took a red staff in her mouth and stood still waiting for my move.

Hesitantly I began to gallop at my blind teacher. When I was close enough I lift a hoof and prepare to hit her. Before I could even comprehend what was happening I received a hit square in my chin by a red metalic object. I was sent on the ground while seeing stars all around me. Snowdrop planted her staff in the dirt a inch away from my head.

"I don't want want you to attack me physically." Snowdrop scolded me, "I'm not here to teach you martial arts I'm here to teach you elemental magic. So attack me with your powers!...Please." I would raise an eyebrow if I didn't have my face in the dirt, seem like my teacher was more shy than she let on.

I jumped back on my four hooves and send her a wave of water that would have made a whale blush in shame. When the water drop down the blind filly stood there with a transparent shield protecting her. "What?!" I asked in disbelief and I was answered back by a spiritual orb on my breast which sent me sprawling on the ground.

"You're doing it wrong my faithful student. Your true power doesn't come from your magic's brute force. Power alone will do nothing against the Reapers." Snowdrop said calmly.

"How did you do that?!" I asked in awe.

Snowdrop looked in my general direction with a shy amused smile. "The part where I know where you are or the part where I used elemental magic?"

"Both!" She giggled at my shout.

"I may be blind but I have learn a few tricks. I detect where sounds come from easily but my most useful skill in a battle is that I can fell where any spells has been casted. As for the elemental magic, learning basic elemental spells when you are a simple mortal like me is hard but not impossible after many years of training. Sure elementalistes have the advantage but since I have centuries of experience it will take more than simple brute force to even scratch me."

I stared at her in confusion. "What is there apart from power in a magic battle?"

She rolled her eyes as if I had ask something dumb. "Think of your combat with the Wendigoes you wouldn't have won this fight with power alone."

What did I do that was special against King Cold Heart? I know! He didn't expect a simple pony could beat him, the effect of surprise must be what defeated him! "Teacher look! There something amazing behind you!"

"I'm blind I can't see it." She responded flatly but I ignored her reply and charged at her with a war cry. When I was close enough Snowdrop didn't hesitate to hit my legs with her staff and send me tumbling on the ground for the third time.

"The effect of surprise didn't work that well." I state quietly before blacking out.

The ice blue Pegasus facehoof at me. "After a good evaluation, I came to the conclusion that this will take a while."

PreviousChapters Next