• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 1,089 Views, 17 Comments

A Good Share of Lives - Sea Pony



This is the life of Winter Song a young water elementalist who will do everything to protect her family from every evil forces that dare threathen them and Equestria

  • ...
8
 17
 1,089

PreviousChapters Next
Dawn of the First Night: Family Time and Old Friends Visit


(Dream POV)

``Whoa is this what every pegasi see when they are in the air?`` Meek Sky ask with a smile. We were at the top od the great wheel. We could see the entire city of Canterlot from where we were.

``Nah flying is way more awesome, the rush of the wind and the adrenaline and the sensation that the world have nothing against you while you fly is amazing.`` Winter respond proudly. Meek Sky smile fade as she look at the ground.

``What the matter Sky-Sky?`` I ask sofly.

``It’s just that all my family are pegasi, why am I the only unicorn? I don’t even mastered magic that well, outside of my fire abilities. Which doesnt even require any horn. I fell like I don’t belong in a way.`` She finish sadly, I open my mouth in protest but my older daughter beat me to it.

``Of course you belong Meek Sky! If anything I’m the one that doesn’t belong here. I was just the filly that mom took home in pity. You are related to Dream and mom, but I will always be the adopted foal.`` Fluttershy gasp in shock at this.

``I didn’t know that how you felt Meek Sky and Winter Song. But I can assure you two that it doesn’t matter if you’re not the same race as me, or that you don’t share the same bloodline you two will always be my fillies no matter what.`` Fluttershy tenderly rub the mane of the two fillies.


``And beside Winter you may not share the same blood as Fluttershy, but you do have the same blood as me since you’re a reincarnation of myself in a way.`` I add.

``Don’t remind me.`` She glared at me bitterly. Ouch I think she still didn’t forgive me for being killed a decade ago. ``I think I will try to get some cotton candy somewhere I will wait for you downstair after I find some.`` Winter Song leap off the great wheel and flew in directions of the stands.

``Wait we’re not suppose too leave the atractions like that!`` I cried after her, but I imagine at her speed the wind was blocking the sound of my voice. ``I don’t think Winter will ever like me.`` I said with a sigh.

A small hoof touch my coat and look down to see Meek Sky looking at me with a worried face. ``Don’t worry dad Winter tend to held a grudge with anypony who hurt me and mom in any ways, I think she will forgive once she realised we forgave you long ago.`` That is not fair, why do a fourteen years old filly have more wisdom than myself? I think I’m really an idiot afterall.

``Thanks Meek Sky`` I smiled and her expression was a little more cheery after that. Like promised Winter was waiting for us at the end of the ride while devoring a huge ball of coton candy. ``So Winter Song now that we have done an attraction Meek Sky wanted to do it’s your turn to chose.``

``Well apparently there a new place where the aquarium was with plenty of console of video games I would like to see that.``

``Winter you have plenty of games at home and beside your father is here we should do something that interest everypony.`` Fluttershy scold her.

``Wait a second, Equestria have video games consoles now?!`` I asked. My eyes pratically sparkling in excitement.

Fluttershy facehoof at my reaction. ``My fiancée is a colt`` Something in her statement made me curious of something.

``Talking of colts I aways wondered how long do ponies live anyway?`` There a lot of theories of how long the ponies live, most assume they live as long as humans but we’re in a magical world and ponies in particuliar are very magical so anything is possible.

``You know we don’t die of old age in the Kira branch Dream`` Fluttershy state the obvious.

``Yeah I know, but how long do the ponies in the Gaia branch is supposed to live?`` I ask this time.

``Well from wat I understand the ponies are supposed to age a lot slower than us in the Gaia branch, if by example Winter would live here she would still look as young as the colts and fillies from the first grade of Ponyville school. I’m not sure exacly how long ponies are suppose to live there, but I think it’s around three hundred years.``

My jaw drop at this, I was scared that the ponies would live as long as normal horses when I wanted to go in Equestria in the past. But damn they literally live fifteen times longer than normal horses! ``Just out of curiosities how old is Ponyville?`` I was curious about Granny Smith age but I don’t want to outright ask it, it’s seem impolite.

``If I remember right we will soon celebrate the town’s 285th birthday in a few months. Why?`` Shit she’s that old? Wait a minute I died when I was eighten years old. So that mean by the mortals Equestrian standard I died as a foal... That a depressing through.

``Anyway Winter your mom is right you can play video games at home, we will not have many occasions to come back here together.``

``What do y-you mean dad? You’re here now we can come as many time we want in the future r-right?`` Meek Sky ask clearly not worried about why we couldn’t come back here. But as for why we couldn’t do things like this in the future. Damn! I didn’t want to say it right now.

``I will tell you later Meek Sky.`` I replied nervousely which made Winter eyes narrow at me.

``Don’t lie to us! If something happen to you we deserve to know this time!`` I wince at her harsh tone, I look worriedly at my fiancée who looked as worried as her daughter. Something caught in my throat I don’t want to break their heart but the most I wait the most it will hurt.

``... When I visited Twilight she scan my magic, apparently Time Skip wasn’t able to reproduce a spark for myself, without it my spiritual energy will fade and will not be enough to make me live for long. She estimated I have around three days before I’m gone for good this time.`` Fluttershy eyes watered at the new.

``No! You can’t leave me again, please not again Dream!`` She sobbed as she clung after me, I through it would hurt to tell them the new but this was even worse than I could imagine. As expected Winter look at me with hatred for hurting her family again.

But the worst of all was my younger daughter who had a look of betrayal and pure sadness on her face. It’s was as if I had give her what she ever wanted in her life and stomp it in pieces in front of her.

We tried to do other attractions that night but the joy and excitement wasn’t there. I wish I hadn’t told them so soon but in the end. I think it’s was better that way. If I waited longer it would have been harder on them than it’s already is.

In the crowd a cloaked human look at the scene grimly. ``I’m sorry I hurt you like this Fluttershy.`` Time Skip quietly said under his breath. ``But it’s was time you said goodbye to Dream for good, you are lucky in a way. It’s more than I could ever have with my Fluttershy.`` He looked at Dream for a second.

``And for you I’m sorry I broke my promise to never come back after our duel, but you have to learn that a time travellers always lie.`` With that final statement out of his chest Time Skip disapear in a flash of magic. He would still observe the events of the three next days and make in sort everything would go smoothly for the last days of his old ‘friend.’

- - - - -

``She did what?!`` I ask in shock, Sonata laughed at my expression, after we got home my three first friends I made in the griffins kingdom was waiting for me. They shared of a lot what happen in the last fourteen years.

But the most interesting events this far was the return of Discord four years ago. Sonata was telling about the time Winter Song got in the tower constructed by Discord and tried to fight beside Sonata and his guild.

``I tried to disuade her but she was as stubborn as you, when you make your knight in shining armor.`` Everybody snickered at my expense as I blush in my embarassment, I admit I did stupid choices in the past, one of them even got me killed I have to admit through I don’t regret being killed that night.

If I was still alive Winter would never been born. Even if she hate me I consider her as important as my own daughter. ``What happen to her in the tower nothing bad I hope?`` Sonata shook his head and Brew was the one to continue the story.

``From what I heard from Fluttershy she wasn’t hurt but she seem to have the same gift as you in getting in crazy situations. Aparently when she touched the element of kindness she was send in the Gaia branch of all places.`` I groan in response of course she had to go and do something illegal.

``Bah! All your storied about Discord’s game are boring. I find the tales of how Winter and the elements save us from the breach way more interesting.`` Soft Paw said with a grin, my ear perk up at that.

``A breach?``

``Well two years ago Celestia and luna found that breach taht Discord used to come here from Earth. Well Celestia had task the bearers to go and find the god on the other side to close it. And of course Winter Song just had to go with them being the reincarnation of you and all.`` She chuckle at me again.

``Well this world was dominated by racists earth ponies who hated anything that have to do with magic but they were really advanced in technology a little like your former race was Dream. Well I heard that during their two weeks in there Winter-`` The cat was interupted by a loud bang as somepony enter in the cottage.

``Sam! Can I stay the night? I know you hate me right now but I need a place to stay for tonight!`` My sister beg, I roll my eyes annoyed of her presence.

``Fine you can take the guest room but be silent.`` Jessica nod quielty and trotted upstair.

``Dream who was that?`` The zebra ask curiously.

``That was my sister, aparently she came to find Winter Song not long ago since she was the closet thing she had to me at the time. But now that I’m here she had a change to find me after all these years but she dared insults my family. So thing aren’t great between us right now.`` My friends nodded in understanding.

``So anyway. In my time.`` God I feel old using that phrase. ``Televisions didn’t exist in Equestria maybe we could see what interesting things there is.``

``There nothing good with the ponies channel, since the populations is mostly females and even the stallions became girly with how this society is made. Most shows are about cheap romance and the like. As for the news, since the crime rated in Equestria are extremely low they have nothing better to show than embarassing celebrities moments and fillies and colts earning their cutie mark.`` Sonata said with a disgust look.

``Well then maybe we could try this console Winter Song been talking about-`` I was interupt by a polite knock outside of the cottage. ``Who would come here at this hour?`` I ask before I trot to the front door.

I had my response when I saw a tall dark blue mare with a flowing mane that glowed like a hundred of stars. I bow respectfully at her. ``Princess Luna! What are you doing here?`` The Alicorn smiled at my greeting and surprised me by putting me in a hug.

``It’s good to see you alive, Dream.`` I was a little sad when I heard she had lost her habit of talking in old Equestrian. But after fourteen years I guess she would have learn a little more about modern society. ``As much I want to chat with you I am here for your filly Winter Song.`` I nodded wordlessly before calling Winter from upstair.

The yound mare came trotting downstair and smile when she saw Luna. ``Hi Lulu long time no see!`` I saw Luna wince at the nickname.

``Winter I told you only my sister have the right to call me that.`` Winter shrug with a innocent smile on her face. ``Anyway I have heard you have the memories of Dream here.`` Winter nod with a frown. ``Now my question is are you comfortable with keeping these memories or not?``

Winter look unsure for a second as she look at me, I nod at her to show her I wouldn’t be offended in anyway. ``Well no, I would really like to not have them I fell like I’m invading his privacy and beside some of these memories are really disturbing especially the ones involving something called rule 34.`` She shuddered at the last word. Oh my god don’t tell me she saw that, fuck! Well at least she don’t have the memories of Fire Mark that would be worse.

Luna nod understanding,`` If you want me and my sister can remove these memories. But know that in doing so this will definetly erase Peace Dreamer out of your spark, his past will don’t have any influence on you like it did in the past.``

``Wait what do you mean like it did in the past?`` I ask worriedly to Luna.

``Me and my sister think that when Time Skip killed you that night he didn’t finish the job, Winter have been stuck between her life as Winter Song and your life. In other words she didn’t completed her reincarnation. Which is good in a way because who know where she would be today if you died completely?``

``How did it affect her exactly?`` I ask frowning down at my daughter.

``Well nothing major but I think some minor traits of you have been present in her all her life, for example her surprotection of her family, her atractions to females, her fear of showing any girly side of herself even through she’s a girl and of course her reckless attitude to charge into trouble without thinking.`` the goddess of the night responded.

``Wait you mean I won’t love girls anymore? I can’t imagine myself with any stallions that just, eww!`` She suddered in disgust.

``I’m not exactly sure what will happen once your connection to Dream is broke certain things could stay the same. But there will definetly have some changes. If you accept it will definetly help to accept certain things about yourself like the fact that you are a girl.``

``I accept that fact since the day I was born! I just don’t like to be too girly but I definitly like to be a mare I would never want to be a colt!`` Luna nodded understanding where she came from, I just look at her confused she accept she’s a girl but she don’t like to act like one? My brain hurt.

``I will ask again are you sure you want Dream memories out of your spark? Once it done Dream won’t come back in your spark in any way.`` The young mare hesitate for a second.

``I’m not sure I would really want to finally have my own personality, Dream arleady tried to change me a lot in the past aparently`` I wince at that. ``But on the other side what if we find a way to make him come back to life later? I don’t want to be responsible for his definitive death``

I place a hoof on her shoulder. ``Don’t worry about me Winter, I made my time it’s your soul now. I made my life. Beside even without my memories a part of me will always be there with you even if I won’t affect you I will still be there`` She look unsure and I put a warm smile on my face.

``Okay I want to be myself, I want to be able to life without questioning if I should been a colt. I want to be me`` Luna smile down at her before her horn began to glow, in a flash of magic the two of them where gone.

Don’t worry Winter I will stop to make your life hard anymore. You will finally be a healty filly without my human mind to held you back and make your days darker.

PreviousChapters Next