• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 1,089 Views, 17 Comments

A Good Share of Lives - Sea Pony



This is the life of Winter Song a young water elementalist who will do everything to protect her family from every evil forces that dare threathen them and Equestria

  • ...
8
 17
 1,089

PreviousChapters Next
Supernatural


Earth, Year 2042

It’s been thirty years since the death of Peace Dreamer on Earth. After the strange occurence around his death his sister began to search for evidence everywhere of what could have happened that faithful day. Jessica look over her note she made over the years.

I don’t know what happen to Sam but I know it was not natural, we were going in vacation and sudently me and my parents found ourself in a hotel room in the middle of Canada before we could even blink.

And then we received the new that my brother was dead, my parents got into a depression and got distant over the years. Me I had no time to cry, I couldn’t simply let it go like this. I had to find what happened for me and for my brother and finally have some closure.

Unfortunately it wasn’t as simple as calling the police and tell them what happened because most people who I told the stories through I was either crazy or through I was creating my own fictional world to cope with the death of Sam.

But I knew all I saw was real, but the problem was that even if I decided to take the case in my hands. The case was anything but normal, in the end I had to turn to the paranormal. But even the knowledge on ghost and the such didn’t help me much.

The problem was that there was nothing that proved what did kill my brother. Whatever killed Sam have not been seen by any other people before, not anyone who wrote paranormal books anyway.

She close the book with a frown thirty years and still nothing, her parents had insist a lot of time to just give up that she wasted her life away. But she couldn’t go on and act as if nothing happened since that day her life had changed forever.

By searching in the supernaturel she saw a lot of strange things in her life, mostly ghosts and strange apparitions. She didn’t knew if her brother had been attacked by a ghost but they seem to be the only thing she had seen in this world that the scientifics couldn’t explain.

Everything else she searched, vampires, werewolf, witches, etc. Didn’t seem to exist or didn’t exist anymore. But her greatest discovery yet was a strange ball of light that she was able to keep in a bottle. It’s seem to bring her luck anytime she need it.

She sigh and threw her journal on the bed before grabbing the bottle in question and place it in her backpack. She walk out of her house to have some fresh air she felt a little bad tonight. When she was outside she was about to relax and sit on the stairs in front of her door. But her posture tense up when she heard someone kick a bottle in her back alley.

Her years of dealing with strange criminal cases made her nervous of the littlest things. She carefully search in her backpack and retrieve a small pistol. She remove the security before slowly sneaking the long of the wall.

She really hoped she wouldn’t have to use her weapon but life can be cruel sometime. She turn the corner and saw one of the strangest sight she ever seen, but she couldn’t tell it was the strangest thing she has encoutered. In front of her was a really tall green man wearing a medieval looking armor.

She realised it was probably a troll, she was both scared and excited at the prospect of seeing the creature. This was the first thing of legends she had found that wasn’t a ghost! But before she could observe any longer the creature sniff in the air and decide to jump in top of her apartement.

Her mouth drop at the sight, the apartement she live in had three floors! Jessica ran at the opposite side of her home trying to get a good view of the troll. What she didn’t expected was for it to drop just in front of her sending her falling on the ground at the impact.

The troll glared at her for a second before it decided to scream. ``Give shard of life to Ayagi, ape!`` She noticed that the troll was eyeing her backpack and instantly glare back.

``There no way I’m going to let you have the closest thing to a solid evidence around my brother death, beast!`` When the troll menacingly approached her she pointed the gun at him. ``Don’t come closer or I will kill you!`` When the monster didn’t listen she began to shoot at the troll, much to her surprise the bullets bounce on him as if it was nothing.

The troll grab the backpack of Jessica and shook it to try to get the human out of it. The woman began desperate she wish she could find a way to get him away. She knew it was a lost cause but she tried to shoot him a last time.

Without either of them noticing The shard in Jessica backpack began to glow brightly along with her pistol. She shoot her last bullet. The weapon shot the bullet at the speed of light and the bullet produced a large trail of spiritual energy. The bullet easily tore through the shoulder of the troll with the power of the shard of life.

The green beast scream in agony and release Jessica on the ground. The woman tried to back away from Ayagi, but the troll wasn’t too keen in letting her go after the pain she had inflict to him. His chest began to glow to a silver light before pike of steel appeared. The woman eyes widden when the spikes became larger and head on her way at a large speed.

She screamed and place a hand in front of her face to protect herself. The last thing she felt was dozens of metalic spikes percing her body before she felt nothingness. But there was one thing still stuck in her mind when she close her eyes for the last time, on the hand of the troll was a silver colored infinity symbol.

- - - - -

I woke up with a start, strange I don’t remember my dream but I feel like something horrible happened. The purring of Soft Paw help me to calm myself after a while. A soft knock on the other side of the door took my attention.

The door open to reveal a familiar white mare, at first I through it was Rarity but upon closer inspection I realise it was my aunt Sweetie Belle. ``Hi Winter! My sis told me you came back sorry if I woke you up.``

I wave a hoof nonchalantly before I got up from the bed. ``It’s okay I was about to get out of bed anyway.``

``Well I was not! So can you two get away?!`` Soft Paw grumble, me and Sweetie Belle look at each other and burst out laughing before we made our way downstair. Once on the living room we both sat on a couch, I look at my hooves awkwardly before I tried to start a conversation.

``So how is Fleur de Lis?`` I ask curiously.

``She’s fine, but her career not so good two years ago her popularity began to fade away and well the only reason she’s still modeling was beause me and Fancy Pants pulled a few strings, but it will not last forever.`` Well that was depressing. ``Talking of modelling, I see you have a new mane style. Forgive me for saying this but it’s a little weird to see you fancy like that especially with this pink ribbon, not to say it doesn’t look beautiful on you.``

I blush at the compliment. ``It’s aunt Rarity who styled my mane yesterday, I think she wanted to see if I was fit to be a model for her fashion show.`` Sweetie Belle burst out laughing.

``You will participate in a fashion show?! I through Scootaloo would become a princess before you would particiapte as a model!`` I blush in embarassement.

``Are you trying to say I’m ugly?!`` She immediatly stop to laugh when she saw my hurt expression.

``No! That not what I meant at all, you’re very pretty Winter Song. I just mean you where acting like a tomcolt the last time I saw you so it’s weird thinking of you wearing frilly dresses.`` She said looking at me guiltily.

For a reason that is still unknown to me my mask I had wore all these years of a though filly made to protect Meek Sky crumble at that moment. ``I-I’m just confused I guess, all these years I tried to fit in with my family and tried to be normal. But each time it’s like I have two minds that contradict each other.

One want to act like any filly and relax with a bunch of friends, while the other want to go on wild adventures. One want to wear frilly dresses, while the other is afraid to look girly. I don’t know why it’s so complicated, it’s as if there was a part of me stuck in my unconsiousness that still wanted to affect my life, but that not possible right?``

Sweetie Belle had shifty eyes and look around nervousely. ``I’m sure there a logical explanation, you will probably find what you want to be one day. Anyway I have to go, Photo Finish is waiting for me in Canterlot.`` With that Sweetie Belle trot out of the boutique leaving me alone.

I wanted to slap myself, look at her you shared your stupid problems with her and now she’s felling awkward! I should have keep it to myself.

- - - - -

Jessica open her eyes and the first thing that greet her was the color purple. Is she’s... Dead? She didn’t know she wanted to believe she was in a coma at the hospital. But after the hit she received she would have need to be made of steel to survive and even then she wasn’t sure it would have sufficed.

The strangest things was that she felt extremely lightweight, felt no pain whatsoever and she didn’t even had the urge to breath some air. Jessica lift a hand in front of her face and was midly surprised to see that she could see through it.

The irony was not lost on her. After wasting all her life hunting ghosts she had become one herself. She turn her head to see stranges creatures walking around her, a couple of tall foxes was heading her way.

The male of the couple pass through her ethereal body without even flinching, through after a while the fox had sudently the hurge to sneeze for a strange reason. Jessica was totally lost she didn’t know where to go, if this was the afterlife where did she land, in heaven? It didn’t seem like it, in hell? This seem way too calm and happy to be it.

She noticed another strange creature was heading her way, some part of her look like a human being at first glance, but it had a beak, instead of feet it’s had bird claws and it also had two feathery wings. The creature look at her for a second before it looked at a notepad. ``Welcome to the Veil Jessica Dubois if you could follow me you will meet with the Elders.`` She said in a flat and uninterested tone.

The woman awkwardly follow the human/bird hybrid she didn’t really had other choices. After a minute of silence she decided to ask a question. ``So I don’t want to be rude or anything, but who and what are you? I never saw anything like you before.`` The other woman sigh clearly expecting the question.

``My name is Solana aprentice of Kira one of the four Elders, as for what I am. I’m a Rito from the Great Sea.``

``The Great Sea of where?`` Jessica ask confused.

``Just the Great Sea, oh look we’re here.`` They had stop in front of a golden door where two man wearing fake looking wings were guarding the door. ``The Elders are at the other side of the door. Don’t worry about your appearance they see much more worse and weird stuff than you each days.`` With that the Rito flap her wings and took off in the starry sky of the Veil.

Jessica gulp nervousely and slowly walk toward the door. When no guards react to her presence she tried to push the door open. She was surprised for a moment when her hand pass through the door before she remembered she was in a ethereal body.

At the other side of the door was four strange beings waiting for her. ``Welcome Jessica Dubois to the Council of the gods. Here you will either be able to chose a new world to live or start from the begining. You can either go back to the Gaia branch and forget your past life ever happened, or go in the Kira branch and live a life in the protected lands of the council as long as you want.`` A giant ball of light with several voices said calmly.

Jessica knew arleady where she wanted to go, the presentation was all pretty useless to her. ``I want to find my brother, Samuel Dubois.``

Author's Note:

Fact: Vampires, witches, dragons and other mythological creatures once lived on this version of Earth, only after Infinitus betrayed the coucil and left the world to a magic of level D these living beings couldn't survive like the humans in this new environement and they disapeared from the face of the world.

PreviousChapters Next