• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 1,089 Views, 17 Comments

A Good Share of Lives - Sea Pony



This is the life of Winter Song a young water elementalist who will do everything to protect her family from every evil forces that dare threathen them and Equestria

  • ...
8
 17
 1,089

PreviousChapters Next
A Share of Tales Part 1

Winter Song note: This chapter is a crossover between myself and silver_fang, Onyx come from The Tales of Prince Onyx this crossover will mainly explained how I came in possession of the shard of life.

Also this story contained minor spoilers of The Tales of Prince Onyx from chapters the author didn't even post yet, but they are more refferences than ourtight spoilers of what will happen so if you read his story you should be more or less safe.

(Winter Song = First Person)

(Onyx = Third Person)

I close my eyes felling the wind passs gently into my mane as we travel lazily aboard the airship of my Equestrian teacher Fleur de Lis. ``So Winter, I was meaning to ask, you never told us the whole story of how you got the shard of life you sent to Author.``

I blink and look at my mother who had ask the question. ``Well it’s a long story.`` I said awkwardly.

``We have the time.`` Fluttershy respond with a encouraging smile. I sigh in defeat this is not fair why does a mother look more adorable than her filly? This must be agaisn’t some sort of law or something.

``Well okay then, it’s all began while I was in Discord’s tower to have your element of kindness.``

- - - - - -

``Winter get out of the way!`` The voice of Sonata scream at me, my eyes widden in horror as I saw why his voice was so urgent a giant piece of the ceiling was heading directly my way and would come crashing down on my small body.

I close my eyes and prepare myself for the hit but it never came. I look up confused and saw one of the strangest sight I ever seen. The piece of brick was suspended in the air as if it was stuck in time. I soon discover that the bricks were not the only one to be motionless.

Every players and Sonata where standing still some even like Sonata where defying gravity by being suspended in the air. ``What the hay is goin on?``

``I stop time for a short period of time.`` A unexpected voice respond to my question, I turn around only to see.

``Mom?! What are you doing here?`` My eyes widden is she there to scold me for coming here? But I didn’t know mom had powers like this!

``No I am not your mom young Winter Song I am simply taking the form of my bearer. I am sorry to put you in this young filly, but I need your help, that is why I saved your life. That and saving my bearer the sadness of seeing her filly being crushed by a wall of brick.``

``You need my help? What type of help?`` I ask to the element, I mean I should probably trust her since it’s the element of kindness and all but I still don’t know her.

``You will know when the time come, now sleep my young filly you will need all your forces to help you in this quest.`` I felt a powerful but gentle magic warp around me before my eyes close of their own and I fell asleep on the hard ground of the tower.

The last thing I saw before I lost my last bit of conciousness was a pink flash of light.

- - - - - -

A man nervousely step inside a large dark room with a few candles. In the middle of it was a large table with multiple chairs, in the biggest chair was a large white wolf looking boredly at him. ``Y-you c-c-call me captain Infinitus?``

``No need to be so nervous Mayavin, I have planed your first mission as a Soul Reaper today. We have received a strange magic disturbance lately. The chances that it’s a Shard of life are low especially since it’s a world with a high level of magic. This mission will be mainly to test your loyalty to the cause, here the details of this world.`` Infinitus grabed a piece of paper in his teeth and gave it to the young man.

``Equestria number three hundred and seventy-nine? But this is a Gaia world and a world without humans no least! How can I find something if the inhabitant panic in my presence?`` The man ask skeptically.

``There is one human in this world, but you’re right they are not common. That is why we have plenty of empty body in this base. Your soul will be transpher in the body of a pony.`` His voice was low and dark but his words where clear like water.

``B-but what if I don’t want to be a pony?`` The man ask with a bit of defiance.

``Then you can pack your thing and go back in your hole we find you where you were starving like an abandoned dog. There are no place in the Reapers for a man who is afraid of getting dirty. If you can’t stand being transformed into another species for a short amout of time you’re too weak to be in my army.`` The wolf said calmly as if he was stating a simple fact.

``F-fine I will do it captain Infinitus.`` The captain of the Soul Reapers grin in responce.

``Very good Mayavin, oh and speaking of it you will need to find a pony name. They have a strange way to name their foals in this world.`` The wolf chuckle before he walk away leaving the man alone pondering on what he done with his life.

- - - - - -

I woke up with a start gasping for her, my eyes blink multiple time at the blinding rays of the sun. ``Celestia why are you always waking me up so soon?`` I grumble under my breath.

``At least you do not have to wake up with her while she raise the sun, believe me that become old when a maid try to wake you up each morning.`` I shriek and fell of the bed at the voice, I look widly around the room. The owner of the voice was a tall human (humans are all tall to me) with fancy looking cloths and long hairs.

I relax seeing this, I’m not good a differencing a human girls to males, but a human with hairs that long can’t be a guy, right? ``Who are you?`` I ask curiously, I wince mentally at my lack of politness.

``Don’t worry about that right now, I am just here to give you breakfast I will see you in a few minutes`` He was about to leave the room, but I stop him quickly.

``Wait! Can you at least tell me where are we and how I came here?``

The man stop in his track at my voice. ``Well you are in Canterlot castle, as for how you came here, I was out for I walk thinking about... Things and I found a large crowd in the middle of the city. And you were there as if you appear from thin air, since you seem alone and lost I disperce the crowd and ask for my mom to put you in a guest room for the night, and here you are. Now I must really take care of something I will come back shortly.``

I silently nod before he left me with my meal, is it possible I was sent in another world by the element of kindness? I never seen this guy around the castle before. Sure I don’t come around the castle that often but a human in a pony country is not hard to find.

I shouldn’t assume things yet, I will just go with the flow for now and see what happened to me later. With that last through I dive in the hay and apples the human gave me.

- - - - - -

After he was sure the pony was fine, the human named Onyx took the way back to his own room which was not too far from the guest room. Now that his guest have woke up he will be able to change himself in some more appropriate clothes.

He was not a big fan of all the fancy clothes and things that his adoptive mother was forcing him to wear when he was in the city and not in the castle but when you are the adoptive son of Celestia, you have to alway look to perfect and presentable.


Opening his closet, Onyx could not keep himself to think about the same thing over and over again each time he was changing himself. Why nopony have opened a boutique where they would sell clothes where he could enter in it? It have been 23 years now that have been in Equestria, 23 years since Celestia found him as a baby in her garden and he still had only three set of clothes. Sighing heavily he change himself in his casual clothes before heading back to the guest room for saw how was going to the guest.

On his way, Onyx thought back to the reason it bring him to the city and how he have found the pony unconscious on the edge of the road. When he had read the answer of the Changeling Queen about the peace treaty, to get the more vote possible on Celestia side at the council that will take place the next year, he would have hoped to never woke up this morning and that all this was only a dream but unfortunately for him it was not one.

Onyx disagree with what the Queen was asked for in return but Celestia her agreed with her request which make Onyx said thing that he would have never wanted to say to his mother. So to change his mind and not think about it he had chosen to make a small trip in the city and maybe meet Fleur de Lys and take a cup of tea with her. But on his way to her house he had saw a large crowd of pony around something that was not moving on the ground.

A small pony, probably a filly, was laying there.
Onyx quickly check if she was still breathing and asked somepony to adverse the guard. When the pony and two pegasus guard comeback they bring her here in the castle.


“Onyx?”
The voice of his mother output Onyx from his thoughts while Celestia come more closer to him.
“Onyx, I know you are mad after me but you have to know that we don’t have the choice. You need to understand how much it’s important for us to get every vote we can get for the next council and-”

“Do you really think I did not understand already? I am the one who started all this, I am the one who life is in danger. I am the one who will die if we lost the next vote but what she..Not what you both ask me to do is impossible. We can’t say yes to something like this, you can’t force me, your son, to do something like this.” Interrupted Onyx.

“My son listen, I know it can seem hard but-.”

“Hard!? hard!! No this is impossible and you know it. Only a monster would ask for something like this and you know it! But it would not be the first time that you thrown away a member of your own family for the protection of your kingdom right? Banishing her own sister then send her own son in the hoof of the ennemy. Now if you excuse me mother I have a guest to see.” Not waiting for his mother to answer, Onyx enter in the guest room and closed the door behind him.

“...I’m sorry my son...” Whispered Celestia on the verge of crying.

*****

The human hurriedly enter in the room I was in his face flush from anger. ``Are you okay? I heard screaming.`` his eyes seem to soften at my question.

``Yes it is fine me and my mother just had an argument. Anyway is everything alright? `` I nodded comfirming I was okay.

``I don’t want to be rude but who are you? I never saw you around the castle before.`` The human seem surprised when I mentioned that I came in the castle before, but responded nonetheless.

``Well my name is Onyx, I am the adoptive son of Celestia`` He said the name of the Princess a little more bitterly than what I exptected, I resist the urge to scream that Celestia never adopted a human apart from Maria Ink my grandmother and the mother of Fluttershy my mom.

So if Celestia adopt another human like that and none of us knowed that must either mean I’m in the future or I’m in an alternate dimension judging by the lack of changement in technology I would bet on the latter.

I noticed the Prince was starring at me. ``Yes?`` I ask awkwardly.

``I ask who are you and you just zone out for a few seconds are you okay?`` He ask with a concerned frown.

``Oh yeah I’m alright, name Winter Song I’m nopony particularly important just a random filly who was lost in Canterlot.`` My poker face must suck right now, as much I would want to brag I’m the daughter of the element of kindness and the niece of the princess of friendship. I really don’t need the attention right now.

I mean normally I would like to have attention a filly as awesome as me need to have her fans! But I don’t think somepony who come from an alternate dimension would attracted the good kind of attention especially if we are in a Gaia world which I hope we’re not.

``Hey Onyx ever heard about the coucil of the gods?`` I ask with a fake smile.

``... Not that I can think of, what is it? We have a coucil in Equestria but I never heard of any god going into it.`` Onyx seem really confused by the question.

``Oh it’s nothing it’s just... A theatre play! Yeah that it nothing more, ahahah.`` Horse apple I’m not the element of honesty but I’m really bad at lying. So it’s seem my fear is confirmed then. There nopony in the Kira branch that doesn’t know about the council of the gods. The elder gods are the ones who rule the entire multiverse, but they let their presence by hidden for the inhabitant of the Gaia branch for reasons I don’t understand.

Onyx seem to not buy my story but fortunately he let it go for now. I hope I can return home before he decided he want to know more about me I really don’t need ponies thinking I’m either crazy or some sot of alien who want to conquer Equestria. Ponies tend to be a little dramatic when faced to the unknown.

- - - - - -

``I can’t believe I have to be a pony for my first mission, a fucking pony! When you think of the Soul Reapers you think of a secret terrorist organisation who could perfectly tear the coucil of the gods apart, not a girly thing like a shitty magical talking pony!`` Mayavin continue to grumble curses under his breath.

``Not only that but I have to be called Misty Steed what sort of living being would want to be called that?! It’s as if an author of a bad fanfic couldn’t find a better name and slap the first name that came in mind on his story! Not only that but I can’t even be a Unicorn with magic or a Pegasus, I of course have to be the race who have nothing special!``

The stallion almost jump out of skin when a lightning bolt hit just in front of him. ``Hey! I’ll let you know some of my best friends are Earth Ponies so stop insulting your own race and accept who you are!`` A rainbow colored Pegasus pony scream with a clearly annoyed frown.

``You don’t have the right to tell me what do, carpet muncher!``

``What did you just call me?`` Rainbow Dash ask dangerously.

``Oh shit.`` The member of the Soul Reaper ran for the Everfree forest as te cyan Pegasus tried to catch him. Misty duck just in time under a branch and ran into the forest where the magic disturbance was signaled to be. Dash wasn’t so lucky and slam into a tree.

``Darn it! Now I lost him, nopony can call the Dash a filly fooler and get away with it!`` But her threats was unheard by the stallions who followed the low clicks of the device he was given by Infinitus. The click became more frequent by the seconds an guide him toward a large lake.

The stallion stood mouth agape as a large creature rose from the lake, it’s had black thick scales, very sharp teeth and glowing red eyes. When it Saw Misty it roar like an enraged beast, probably because it was. ``Fuck me the shard of life just had to be in this, didn’t it?`` The sea serpent only roar louder in response.

Author's Note:

This crossover was planned for a long time, but the first try was an horrible mess where we couldn't decide where to go with the story, so me and silver_fang decided to begin from the scratch and planed a little more ahead this time. So because of that the crossover is post between act one and two as a flashback instead of being post just after the destruction of Discord's tower.

PreviousChapters Next