• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 1,089 Views, 17 Comments

A Good Share of Lives - Sea Pony



This is the life of Winter Song a young water elementalist who will do everything to protect her family from every evil forces that dare threathen them and Equestria

  • ...
8
 17
 1,089

PreviousChapters Next
Way Back Home

``Wake up, we’re here.`` A voice said nudging me with a furry paw. I woke up to find the orange cat looking at me with a bored expression.

We were on board of the friendship express, convincing mom to come back in Ponyville wasn’t easy at first. She’s still scared that a monster or an ancient evil creature will invade town and hurt me. But as soon as I mentioned I would work with aunt Rarity she was more open at the idea of me moving back at my foalhood home.She also lend me a few bits so I could find a place to sleep or something like that.

Soft Paw jump on my back as soon as she saw I was leaving the train. I seriously begin to wonder if this cat is more lazy than Duchess Epona and that saying something.

I took a large breath of the fresh air of Ponyville, the Crystal Empire was not polluted in any way but there was always something off about the air. Probably have to do with the magic that keep the city warm from the frozen wasteland around it.

Looking at Ponyville I was relieved to see almost everything was exaclty how we left it. Except maybe for a few new houses and stores that had pop around. I could easily have took off in the sky and go directly to the Carousel boutique but it was so long ago I came here I want to trot in the streets and maybe see some familiar faces.

I decide to see my favorite aunt first, so I made my way to the library. On my way I saw some ponies and humans looking at me with great interest for some strange reasons. I wonder why there so many humans in Ponyville, I mean if they could live here I could understand but a human couldn’t live more than a year in Equestria. It’s a little hard to think they’re all on vacation here. I mean I love this town, but that because I grew up here. What does these humans find more interesting here than a place like Canterlot or the Crystal Empire?

I was stopped by a loud squeal before a stallion appear in face in front of me, he was a beige Pegasus and his cutie mark was a blue shield with a lightning bolt, wait isn’t this Flash Sentry the guy who harrased my aunt to get a date even through she’s not interest in stallions? ``Can I help you.`` Maybe it’s not the same guy, I told to myself. But as soon as he heard my voice the stallion look like a foal at heart warming eve.

``Can I have a authograph?!`` He shout immediatly, I back away in fear before I took a large breath my heart was pounding on my chest.

``Please don’t shoot like that! I had a bad experiences with a stallion in the past and if you make agressive actions I could easily kick your flank!`` Or broke down like a scared filly depend on the situation really.

``Oh... Sorry Winter Song.`` The stallion said sorrowfully.

``Wait, how do you know my name? And why do you want a autograph of me?``

``Because I really like your... Mane?`` He said with a really bad poker face. This guy is really weird maybe I should just walk away from him, but then I’m scare he will begin to stalk me.

``Fine I will give you a autograph but don’t come bother me again.`` I hastily sign his piece of paper with my mouth and gave it back the strange stallion. When he began to squeal like a fan girl I quickly gallop to the library.

I knock at the door quickly, it wasn’t long before I heard somepony coming, when the door open I through the library had changed of owner. But I quickly realised it was just Spike who had become taller than the last time I saw him.

``Hey cousin! What are you doing here in Ponyville?`` He ask with a bright smille.

``I decided to come back to my foalhood home apparently aunt Rarity is asking for a model so I decided to come to take the job.`` The dragon burst out laughing at the revelation.

``Oh Celestia my side! You, one of the most tomboyish filly I know will take a job as a model?!``

``Hey! I was maybe tomboyish when I was young but I learned to be a proper mare since the last time we saw each other!... More or less.`` I mumble the last part, ok maybe I was not a proper mare but a girl can dream right?

``Spike! What is it with all the shouting? Is this one of the Chrysalis Witness again?!`` A familiar voice from upstair ask before my aunt came trotting down from the stairs.

``No it’s Winter Song! Apparently she’s coming back home!`` Spike shout back.

``Winter?!`` The Alicorn mare instantly hug me tightly. ``It’s so good to see you! Is Fluttershy with you?`` She ask excitedly.

``No she’s still in the Crystal Empire with Meek Sky I decided to come here alone for... Personal reasons.`` Twilight smile deflate but she was still clearly happy to see me.

``Boring! When are we going to Rarity’s I want to see Opal she’s a bitch most of the time but I still like her.`` The voice from the orange cat made jump bot Spike and Twilight.

``Oh! Soft Paw I didn’t see you back there. What are you doing with Winter? I through you were travelling alone for years!`` The purple princess exclaimed.

``Well I was bored of travelling after fourteen years so I decided this morning to follow Winter around.``

``If by follow you mean sleeping on my back all day,`` I glare at the lazy cat, which made my aunt giggle. ``Anyway I think I should go to the Carousel Boutique before somepony take the job.`` I gave a last hug to my aunt and Spike.

Before I left the library Twilight said a last thing. ``Winter! When you walk in town be careful of the bronies and the humans! Some of them can be a little... Overhelming at time.`` What the hay is a brony? Mark said he was one but I never understood what was the concept, I mean I get that they like ponies, but Twilight like Zebras and you don’t see her calling herself a zony.

``I will keep that in mind, thanks!`` I said before closing the door softly.

- - - - -

To not stumble upon other of these fans I decided to fly to the Carousel Boutique instead of trotting. I had to hear Soft Paw complaining all the way through but it was worth it. I land in front the boutique of aunt Rarity and tuck my wings back to my sides.

A wave of nostalgia hit me when I open the door and heard the familiar jingle of the bell. ``Welcome to the Carousel boutique where everything is chic and magnifique.``

``You know Prench doesn’t sound that fancy when it’s your native language.`` The white Unicorn gasp when she saw who had open her door.

``Winter Song! Oh darling I didn’t saw you for ages! What are you doing in my little boutique, dear?``

I hesitate for a second when I saw her expectent blue emerald eyes looking at me. ``I-I kinda wanted to have the m-model job if it still open.`` I said nervousely, the next thing I knew I hear a loud squeal and I have my face full of white fur as my aunt squeeze me excitedly.

``I never through I would see the day you would let me style that horrid mane of your!`` Wow rude much? Before I know it Rarity is levitating several brushes and is trying to style my mane, I wince as she tug at one of my knots. ``Darling, you seriously should take care of your mane more often, I admit I’m not the biggest fan of green but your mane is simply beautiful!``

When she was finished with my mane she levitate a mirror in front of me. Woah I didn’t knew my hair was that long, I look a lot more girly than before, my mane style now look almost the same as my old Equestrian teacher Fleur de Lis.

If somepony would have told me one year ago Rarity would make me look like one of these prissy ponies of Canterlot I would have ran far away from my aunt. But now that I have a look at it... I kinda like it.

My aunt must have caught my expression because she had a very sastified smile. ``Wait here dear I think we should add a final touch.`` She trot upstair and I heard her searching in several things before she came back downstair. I felt something attaching itself on my tail I look at it quickly and I saw a very pink ribbon on my tail.

``Now you look simply darling. I’m sure you will get the attention of all the stallions.`` I made a disgust face at that.

``Aunt Rarity you know I don’t like stallions.`` She blink for a second before realisation down on her face.

``Oh I had forgot your door swung that way excuse me dear. But I’m sure you will attract the attention of a lot of beautiful mares too with your new style.`` I don’t know if I should be happy to attract attention like that. After all I leaved the Crystal Empire because of my reputation of sleeping around, I don’t want ponies thinking I just want some flank, not anymore.

But I had to admit the ribbon did look kinda cute and I didn’t want to disapoint my aunt with her hard work so I decided to keep it. ``So does that mean I can have the job to model?``

``Oh! Of course dear I had almost forgot about that, you will just need to model once each seasons. You will be paid handsomely of course.``

``You don’t need to pay me that much aunt Rarity I know you will give me more than you should and-``

``Oh pish posh Winter, you’re my niece you deserve all the bits I will give you. Beside you will live alone with your cat. I think you will need the bits.`` I open my mouth to argue but I knew it’s was a lost battle. So I simply decide to go with it.

``So when is the next modelling?`` I ask eagerly.

``Well you came a lot sooner than what I had hoped for. I just made the announcement in the journal yesterday, I will need your help in three weeks from now.``

``Are you sure you want me to model for you? I mean you know I’m not into girly things most of the time and plus I’m a Pegasus it’s harder for us to put clothing because of our wings.`` I said nervousely.

``You’re perfect for the job Winter Song, I’m absolutely sure the elite of Canterlot will love your lovely mane and also you being a Pegasus is a good thing. It’s will show that my clothings are for everypony!`` She said with a proud smile.

``Well okay... I guess, I have to find a place to sleep so see you another time aunt Rarity!`` I was about to leave the shop but my aunt appear in front of me.

``No, no, no! This will simply won’t do darling, I can’t let you leave like that it’s almost nighttime arleady there no way you will find a place before it’s become dark. Ponyville is still one of the safest town around, but Equestria in general became surrounded by strangers after these last years the crimes rate didn’t increase much but we’re never too sure. You should sleep in the guest room.``

``But you did so much arleady`` Rarity respond with a warm smile.

``Winter Song you are part of my family you are always welcome here, come on rest for the night I would feel a lot more reassured.`` I hesitate for a second but sigh in defeat when I saw her pleading eyes.

``I guess a night won’t hurt`` She clap her hooves happily at the new. That night, sleep was hard. Growing up I was never far away from mom or my sister for long. It’s was weird to not being woke up in the middle of the night by my sister who wanted to cuddle with me. But I was able to find sleep after a little while.

Author's Note:

Fact: Everyone in the Kira branch stop to aged at the age of twenty-five years old, their only way to look older if they wish to be is to throw a enchanted paper in a fire with the desired age written on it.

PreviousChapters Next