The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Roots. It's time to get into the foundation of this group, and look into the roots of some of us staff... especially since some of us have been out of the loop. So, I am starting our very first review event. Something, new, and will only happen once in a while... like a one time holiday. This challenge?

The Make Tidal and Flare Cry Challenge!!!

It's exactly as it says. Make us cry.

Now, to how it works. In this thread, if you wish, link a story. Your story, someone else's story, it doesn't matter. Link a story that you think will have both me and Tidal cry. That's right. Both of us. As in, Tidal who will enjoy anything sad and will cry easily, and me, who enjoy's anything, but can't cry. The story that get's us both to cry will win, and the submitter... Well, I'll think of a fimfiction related prize. This is a trial. PM me prize ideas, I may need some help on that.

By the way, Tidal doesn't know about this yet. Nobody knows about this!

To enter, submit a story in the comment section bellow. Next Friday, once all the stories are submitted, we'll start a process of selection. We will eye ball the stories that look the saddest, and put them on a list. We'll start a process to review a few stories until we both cry. Not all stories will be read or reviewed, but they'll be in a pool to be reviewed. The winner will be the first story placed in a winners folder in our Both of us will review the story together.

Staff are encouraged to make submissions. Everyone is encouraged to make submissions!
***Note***
If you have any questions, this forum post will be amended. Please send all questions to me by PM.

Eh, it's kinda a long shot, but try my two completed stories.

TBetween Bassdrops and Bowstrings
Following Vinyl Scratch, Octavia Melody, and many of Equestria's musicians in their struggles to bring music to Equestria and all it's ponies. A tale about music, romance, destiny and what it means to try and change it.
Quillian Inkheart · 125k words  ·  212  12 · 3.7k views
TThe Life of a Quill: The Taste of Cold Steel
Quillian has hit rock bottom. His dreams are unreachable fantasies and his hopes mock his every waking moment. He is existing, not living. Now, he reflects on his life as he considers the ultimate silence.
Quillian Inkheart · 5k words  ·  16  5 · 783 views

Bassdrops and Bowstrings isn't so much sad, as it makes you cry because of it's relatability and the beautiful emotional buildup. And... Yeah, Cold Steel is sad in it's relatability too, if you've ever been to that place... I don't know if either will make you cry, but give it a shot. Can't hurt, right?

Also, suggestions for prizes:
You and Tidal go halfsies on a simple bit of art for the winner. (Say under $20 total maybe?)
Put a character of their choosing (likely an OC) into a story one or both of you are writing.
A cookie.
A place on your profiles as a !!!WINNER!!!

- Quillian B. Inkheart

I got one that's sorta sad, for various reasons.

TA Muffin For Muffins
For Ditzy Doo. a developmentally disabled pony, an intelligence enhancement spell proves to be both a greater blessing, and a greater curse, than anypony could have expected.
BatwingCandlewaxxe · 29k words  ·  56  8 · 1.2k views

If you want to cry, this is your best shot.

Tidal
Group Admin

I doubt this'll do the trick but, might as well try. Here it is.

I'll have to go with this

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Make sure you cut some onions too, just, you know, in case you get hungry.

THeart of Gold
Rarity has said she would give anything for her friends and family, but what happens when she must give everything?
Dreams of Ponies · 2.8k words  ·  78  3 · 1.8k views
Muggonny
Group Admin

What the hay, here’s my attempt:

EI Hear the Stars
It can be said that what Tempest’s old friends did was cruel. Contemplating everything, Tempest is left wondering if she’s really any better, and if it’s time to return home.
Whinifree · 7.9k words  ·  170  6 · 3.3k views
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Owls happen to be my schools mascot. Guess what school I work at.

Muggonny
Group Admin

I honestly don't read a lot of sad fanfiction because most sad fanfiction I've read in the past was just trying to be sad. They never really struck a core with me, because I'm on emotionally affected by seeing someone cry. Showing someone cry isn't exactly emotional, you're just showing the emotions.

But if I had to recommend something, it'd be The Secret Life of Rarity. I read it a few years ago, and I'm sure if I read it now I wouldn't be as into it as I was at the time, but the ending will really strike a cord with you.

TThe Secret Life of Rarity
Rarity has a deep dark secret that she cannot control but must hide from the world.
BronyWriter · 148k words  ·  1,723  94 · 32k views

Worth a shot. If I hadn't added the last chapter, I think some of my readers would have tracked me down.

TTwilight Sparkle Makes a Coltfriend... Literally
In order to get more dating experience, Twilight Sparkle decides to create her own romantic companion for practice. What could possibly go wrong?
Georg · 20k words  ·  664  14 · 5.7k views
Zodiacspear
Group Contributor

I’ll get in on this!

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/119302/like-shattered-glass

I’m like you, Cormega, I don’t cry often with stories. This one, however, is one of the few that managed it. Enjoy.

Since this is my most famous saddy-waddy, I'll post it here.

EMister Lonely Heart
Mister Lonely Heart is a self-styled "Grievance Counselor", a changeling who mimics ponies that his clients have issues with. When Twilight Sparkle pays him a visit, he finds out how painfully neurotic the Princess of Friendship really is.
Eskerata · 2.4k words  ·  332  11 · 5.2k views

Here's the equally sad sequel.

EMister Lonely Heart 2: What We Leave Behind
Mister Lonely Heart is a changeling "Grievance Councelor", who imitates ponies that his clients have problems with. Applejack wants to say a few choice words to a relative. A dead relative.
Eskerata · 3.6k words  ·  48  4 · 1.8k views

I like this one.

[Adult story embed hidden]

well, not sure if this would work, but it's a good story anyway. Here you go.

TThe Unfortunate Stabbing of Nurse Redheart
Many times Nurse Redheart has seen to the comfort of ponies in their final hours. When her turn comes, though, she has only you.
ocalhoun · 5.3k words  ·  189  17 · 3.6k views

This will do it.

Well, I'll throw two stories into the ring:

One from me: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/280122/ciphers

One from someone else: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/160710/moments

Tidal
Group Admin

Everyone wants me to cry apparently. We’ll see how it goes :pinkiehappy:

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin
Rinnaul
Group Admin

I think you guys have read it already, but...

TAlone
Dinky is old enough to stay home by herself while her mother goes to work, but when she doesn't come home that night...
Rinnaul · 4.3k words  ·  403  10 · 6.4k views
Tidal
Group Admin

I’m sure I reviewed and cried over this one a long time ago!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23