Human in Equestria 16,840 members · 17,023 stories
Comments ( 1145 )
  • Viewing 301 - 350 of 1,145

I don't think so, but it seems like an interesting read.

I don't think it's the story you're looking for (the human's fear is less drastic than that in that particular story, and only Twilight and RD really talked to him about it). I can't think of any story that specifically features a fear of Celestia, on top of the mane 6 trying to reassure a human protagonist that Celestia isn't going to murder them. There are probably multiple stories featuring scenes/subplots like that.

That said, Xenophilia is rather good. If you're cool with HiE that feature sexytimes, it is, IMO, more or less the gold standard for a good HiE story that features well written clop, clop-with-a-plot. Even without the clop scenes, it's still a nice story to read. If you end up liking that, there are other stories that I (and other people) could suggest.

a few years ago i came a cross a HiE story that has a human arriving (if i remember correctly) by being hit by a train, meets the mane 6 and the princesses, works at an all girls school protecting a gem, then a few chapters later goes to the griffon kingdom and fights a monster with a tank, , that is what i remember of the plot, i have been looking for it again since 2015, if anyone knows the title or the author or both, i would be very great full

2nd person story of a pony who runs from his family business and works at Sweet Apple Acres. He/You/I falls in love with applejack. He gets injured and Applejack sells the farm to his family unknowingly.

Should have romance tag, SoL, applejack, possibly Big Mac and Apple Bloom.

I'm trying to find a story similar to "The Earth is Round Twilight"

Trying to find a story that I literally read yesterday but forgot to save it. It about a human who can't die. He walks into ponyvill with celestial givin a speech and he's attack by guards with spears going through him. Then derpy offers him muffins and ask him to come to her house . And he meets dinky. After words he meets main 6 Luna and Celestial and shining. Then he pulls his heart out and crushed it and calls himself a god

That sounds like it could be a pretty fun read.

Was fun read can't not find it at all

I don't suppose you can search history (if you don't browse incognito, or clear your history every day)? Your most recent stuff should appear first, so if your history is available to you, you could search "FiMFiction" in your history, and look through the recent stuff?

Won't work I'm in incognito mode a lot I'll find it somehow

I found the 4chan thread similar to it. My Little Progress: Technology Isn't Magic
here is the Pastebin link.

I've recently been looking for stories similar to 'Oh to be old again' with a matriarchal herd based society, and I have not been having any luck.

Would anybody happen to know if any stories like this?

Here's a challenge for the people of this forum, as well as a call out for a certain type of story, can anyone find ANY legit yandere stories on here? I've looked so much and the only one I can find is manical affection, but that's only one. Are there any others?

Any stories that are about human space explorers?

My name is Jade Wulf and over the past few weeks i have been looking for a HIE (human in equestria) story the has a human arriving (if i remember correctly) by being hit by a train, meets the mane 6 and the princesses, works at an all girls school protecting a gem, then a few chapters later goes to the griffon kingdom and fights a monster with a tank,

Anyone know any good Ark: Survival evolved stories?

Anyone know of a story in which modern day humanity is extinct?
Please do not quote Diaries of a Madman. Already doing my third read of that one.
Also, it'd be appreciated if it also has extremely old human structures that are found as evidence they existed, as well.

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a story I haven't read in a long time. It was around the time I first became a member here and sadly I didn't think to add the fic to a bookshelf.

The story was about a guy who was transported to Equestria and he became a janitor for Princess Celestia. His tasks were to clean up the halls and clean the throne room since there was going to be a ball or some event that was going to come up. The character had a habit of breaking his alarm clock and he went out of his way to buy a new alarm clock. He's also friends with Prince Blueblood

I think the story is called Janitor in Equestria or something, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks for your help. This story was on my mind for the longest.

Hey everyone! im looking for a human in equestria fic, where the human is a soldier in the US Airforce.

I'm looking for a fic other than Diaries of a Madman in which modern day humanity has long been extinct, and evidence they existed is found.

There are a few out there. Poniocracy is one of the better examples, I think. If you're familiar with the movie, you might notice that yes, it's a parody of sorts, of Idiocracy. I read it a while back, so I can't recall all the details about the story, but yeah, the last human wakes up after 10,000 years in cryosleep. Pretty sure there are some remnants of humanity being dug up in this story. I've been meaning to re-read this at some point, actually. I remember it being pretty decent, and it's rating reflects that.

You might also consider: The Last Human: A Tale of the Pre-Classical Era. It's a (serious) parody of The Last Unicorn, where a human hears he's the last human in the world. I've only read about a third of it, I think (it's longer than the average story, and I am more likely to get side tracked by longer stories). There might be other humans in it (if it's anything like The Last Unicorn, there likely are some in the end), but it's close enough. Also, it contains ruins of human civilization, so that's a point in its favour for you.

So, that's two for you, assuming you've not read either of those before. I can't think of any others offhand.

You're welcome ^_^

As I recall, Poniocracy has some ancient human ruins in it too. If it's the story I remember, some poor archeologist pony gets their research paper crushed, I won't spoil more about that bit though XD

Can I have an industrial story? Based around industry? Ya know? I haven't read a bronyfic for a few months, if not, a year... So I just need an industrial story to get me on my feet again.

You might also consider: The Last Human: A Tale of the Pre-Classical Era.

I don't recommend it, personally. It's not bad, as such, but the author doesn't really understand what it actually is that made The Last Unicorn such a great story and novel and pays far too much attention to all the wrong things.

Trying to find a story of a human that is the reincarnation of discord. I distinctly remember something about him getting a root in his chest that slowly ate his soul or something to that effect. any help?

While I didn't finish it (I might, in future), I didn't think it was all that bad. Mind, The Last Unicorn is one of those rare cases where I prefer the movie over the book, I couldn't even get around to finishing the novel and it isn't exactly long. The fic has a decent rating, and a solid like:dislike ratio, so a fair amount of people think it's worth reading. It comes down to personal taste, Leather will end up deciding whether to stick with it in the end, if they even give it a shot to begin with.

As a generic HIE story it's fine, I just wouldn't recommend reading it in the expectation that it actually recaptures the feel and themes of the novel in any meaningful way. It copies some of the characters and more iconic scenes here and there, but it doesn't really get the point.

Well, I think 'generic' is a little harsh. I reserve that title for 'Somehow arrives in Equestria, meets mane 6, wins over population somehow (usually by risking their life by being unusually selfless, romance subplot optional'.

EDIT: Also, once again looking for HiEs of decent length where Derpy, Rarity, and Pinkie are romantic partners.

Also, decent HiE romance stories where the human is a female. Gender and species of their romantic interest isn't terribly important.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could point me to any good stories of a human receiving/effected by xenophobia for being human or turning into something (e.g changeling) playing major roles throughout the story. I like to have some romance but I can live without it.

Some examples I've read to cover this:
The Triumvirate
Consequences of Unoriginality
The Monster of Canterlot 

There are a lot like that, I think, stories where for whatever reason Ponies are reluctant to accept a human. I like The Monster of Canterlot. I'm hoping they get around to finishing 'A Monstrous Family Reunion'. Triumvirate isn't finished so I'm not planning on reading that. The sequel to 'Consequences' isn't finished, so I'd wait for that to finish (if it ever does) before reading it.

So, let's see, stories where Xenophobia (of humans) is a factor:

Equestria's First Human is probably closest to the mark. Human starts off as rather a sad sack sort. Don't want to spoil things too much, but he's not a likeable person to begin with. There is some light romance in it, and sequel(s).

There is Ending (very short), which you can follow up with A New Ending (Revenge story with Changelings). No romance here.

Drawn with the Night (and its sequel) are a good option, I like them. It's about a human who makes a success out of himself after being abducted by ponies who presume humans intend to invade them.

Misunderstandings is sort of like what you want. It's more of an outlier case, his treatment. He's captured by a traveling carnival. He also has to deal with some of the population not much caring for him.

A Voice Among the Strangers has a similar start, with Flim and Flam. It also deals with language barriers. It's quicker to get the average citizen on board though. Companion novel isn't finished and might never be, but it's not a sequel, but rather a retelling, so it's not so important. I REALLY like this story and it's incomplete companion novel, I recommend it every chance I get.

It's not exactly a HiE, as while she's a human inside she has a monstrous form, but you might consider Hollow Shades. No romance.

You MIGHT want to consider 'What I've Become' and its follow-ups. It's not really what you were asking for, as he actually ends up accepted fairly easily, but he starts off as an engineered monster.

Similarly, Headless, not Heartless starts with the main character, in a Dullahan costume (complete with powers), after he had been imprisoned for 1500 years by Celestia because she assumes he's the bad guy, rather than her ponies.

The Winds of Change features a human turned changeling, so you know he has a bit of an uphill battle earning acceptance. It's a romance with RD. Has a sequel, a side-story thing, and some optional clop chapters in a separate story.

If you want a badass violent human, you might look into the Nigel M. Chalmers stories by Dropbear. He's generally a happy genetically engineered psychopath that usually does the right thing, often violently though. The character and associated stories are good for a laugh, but his methods tend to disturb the ponies. Again, not exactly what you asked for, but I'm actually finding it troublesome to remember the stories where human(s) were poorly treated by ponies, whether they were in altered forms, even with going through my faves list (I don't always remember to favourite stories). One of the stories, Cheesecake and Changelings features Nigel as a changeling.

Huh, in the end I didn't really recommend many stories that fit your criteria. Ah well, I didn't read THAT many that did, and as I said I didn't always remember to favourite the ones that did. TBH, I'm not a huge fan of stories where ponies are unreasonably hateful/suspicious of humans. Most I end up reading incidentally, not because I was looking for stories with that element in them.

That's fine, these sound like a nice read, and close enough to what I asked for. Thank you for your help.

In case you find that list a bit overwhelming, here are just the actually good ones:

Drawn with the Night
Misunderstandings
Hollow Shades (I'm fond of that one, I helped write the ending)
What I've Become

That's pretty much the cream of the crop. The rest technically fits what you were asking for, but I wouldn't recommend them.

Apparently wlam is the indisputable source of all enjoyable reading materials on the site. Perhaps of the whole of the literary world. :trollestia:

Thanks, that really helps a lot. I'll be sure to check them out first. They sound pretty interesting.

I have one in my tracking library called Humani Victoria. It should be close to what you're looking for

I'm looking for stories where humans are raising pony babies/children.
They can be on human earth or in equestria. They can be adopted, from a relkationship with a pony, found with a dieing parent, left on doorstep, ECT.
I'm not looking for my littlke dashie fics.

Speaking of Adoption/parentage stories, I'm feeling in the mood for the same myself. I would prefer to avoid 'My Little Dashie' stories as well. I've read the My Little Dashie story (and a couple sequels), My Little Chryssie, and TD's Little Rarity, so I'm not allergic to them or anything, I just doubt there are many decent ones left.

I don't mind if it's a Pony or Human or whatever adoption (meaning, a pony or a human doing the adoption). I don't particularly care about the species adopted either. I've read a fair few stories featuring adoption, including some Scootadop stories like '3 Gems and a Scooter' and 'A Taste of the Good Life'. I've faved a fair few stories with adoption, so anyone suggesting could take a look through that to see if their suggestions are already faved. But feel free to recommend with or without checking.

That said, I am somewhat allergic to the premise of age regression adoptions, particularly when they're human. The My Little Dashie type stories follow this premise I know, which is one of the reasons I'm not really keen on another one, since there aren't that many good ones out there I expect. That said, if a story has age regression I'll be more willing to read it if the subject has amnesia or something (a-la Past Sins and My Little Dashie), rather than them outright lying about it.

Well, The First Year by TwilightsMymare is one. It's a sequel to another story though, which is basically required reading. If you don't like that story much, you probably won't care for the sequels (there are several). While I like the series as a whole, it is rather sappy and the guy is one of those types that is, if not a Gary Stu himself, is at least related.

There is also try Monster. It's not actually that terrible, in spite what the author states. Guy is a bit of a goodie-two-shoes Gary-Stu relative, but it's alright, as is the sequel. The author sure likes inserting 4th wall breaking commentary at the end of pretty much every chapter though, as I recall. Could have done without that TBH. Has a sequel too.

You might also consider Drawn with the Night into the Day, a sequel to a shorter story 'Drawn with the Night'. This one isn't really about adoption, but human does end up the father of a filly....Fair warning, it and its prequel (esp. the prequel) are kind of an "Everyone in equestria kinda sucks and won't own up to it", for the most part. They aren't exactly nasty human hating specists, but you'll probably wanna slap some of them.

While it's not ponies being adopted, you might want to give A Voice Among the Strangers a go. I always try to recommend this story (and its incomplete companion novel) at every opportunity, and it has a fair amount of "D'awwwww" going for it, on the childcare side. There is also conflict over whether to take on the responsibility or not. The adoption bit features later on in the story, (though not 'late'), and while it's sort of a secondary plot, it ties very closely in with the primary plot.

Another suggestion that doesn't have a pony being adopted is Strange Gifts. You can tell from the cover what the subject of adoption is XD

That said, I am somewhat allergic to the premise of age regression adoptions, particularly when they're human.

Tatsurou does a bunch of these that are also basically crossovers. There are a handful I thought were actually pretty good, but since they're all regression stories by default, I'm not sure they'd really be your kind of thing. Want them anyway? I'll pick you out the ones I thought were best.

Feel free to point them out and I'll take a look. If the premise is at least somewhat interesting, I might give one a go to see how I like them.

The premise is really pretty much identical for all of them: pone goes to show/movie/game XYZ, hijinks ensue. Tatsurou isn't the most creative of writers, it's kind of an "you either like it or you don't" situation. The appeal comes mostly from the character interactions.

I'd say these are the good ones:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/264092/theres-nopony-id-rather-be-than-me
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/324532/three-more-things
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/286996/heart-of-the-dragon-general
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/283065/wilys-wittle-wub

They mostly only differ by the characters and crossover involved. I like Three More Things and Wily's Wittle Wub the most, which are about Jackie Chan Adventures and Classic Series Megaman respectively. The character dynamics just work the best in these and they do the most original writing in terms of deviating from the plot of the source material.

Ah, I've run across Three More Things a few times. I've seen some of that TV show, but I don't think I've seen it all, including the conclusion so I never tracked it, but I guess I'll do so now.

I'll probably give There's Nopony I'd Rather Be but Me a shot, as a test for reading more by the author, as it's the shortest of the lot (and complete besides). If I like that, I'll probably give the other two finished stories you suggested a chance. I'm not a huge Sonic fan, but I do like Avatar the Last Airbender and I've seen all the episodes, so that works well.

There's no Sonic in that list, so I don't think that'll be a problem. :derpytongue2:

I shall give some of these a read. Thank you. Also sorry for some weird grammar here and there. My phone has a Dyslexic auto corrector.

If your looking for adoption stories. My story Mandatory Motherhood is about a man turned mare in the ponies after people universe who is taking care of a foal. It's behind on chapters because of my college classes and the irl situation of my editor, but chapter 6 is just about ready and I have chapter 7 about half written.

Three more things is awesome btw. You don't need to watch the tv show, but doing so let's you see how uncle raising three equestrians derails the universe's timeline.

Right, I don't know what I was thinking. I meant Megaman XD I really liked X, and wanted X-2 (but never ended up getting it on cartridge). I didn't bother with any of the other games in the series, and I don't recall ever watching the show(s).

Shameless plug time, eh? Hah, no worries on all counts. I haven't really gotten into that universe, I started the first novel, the one that started it all, but never finished it. That said, I'll follow your story regardless, and if you finish it I might give it a go, especially if extensive knowledge of the universe isn't required.

And Three More Things is an alternate universe dealio? Well, that makes it easier to get into. I miss that show though, I would have liked to have watched it all, but I don't think it was all released on DVD, and if it was, it might not have had English subs/captions.

Right, I don't know what I was thinking. I meant Megaman XD I really liked X, and wanted X-2 (but never ended up getting it on cartridge). I didn't bother with any of the other games in the series, and I don't recall ever watching the show(s).

ZX Advent 1&2, the NDS games, are pretty good. They're open world and play more like Metroid titles in a lot of ways, which is something I enjoyed a lot compared to the early series. If that kind of thing appeals to you, give them a shot.

Looking for a story involving a human getting shunned and harrassed by ponyvillians because he tried to eat one of fluttershy's chickens in a moment of starvation.

I don't think this is the right group for this but it's the biggest and most active one I know. Are there any stories the change what happens in Episode 1 when Nightmare Moon escapes?

Like I know it's very rarely done to have Twilight actually not become friends with the other Mane 6.

Are there any where Twilight is a skilled battle mage and actually defeats Nightmare Moon without the Elements? (I think that was only done in a Gamer story)

here question, has there ever been a Jerry Seinfeld find himself in equestrian story? or even the whole cast of Seinfeld end up together in ponyville or cantalot or something like that?

• Viewing 301 - 350 of 1,145