• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 3,617 Views, 25 Comments

Twilight: The Last Vampony - We



Princess Twilight Sparkle’s coronation is finally over and life continues happily. For now. Darkness is coming and Twilight Sparkle must prevent it, or else she'll lose everything. Untied loose ends and mistakes of the past resurface bring

  • ...
3
 25
 3,617

Chapter Zero: Prologue

Twilight: The Last Vampony
By We
Chapter Zero: Prologue
Version 0.9, originally published 2013-03-31, last updated N/A
Yet to be proofreaded

• • • • • •

‘Twas a very pleasant afternoon filled with sunlight and happiness. The weather was perfect considering what day it was. Everypony in all of Equestria had beheld their newly coronated princess and ponies all around the land had set their worries aside and were celebrating such a joyous occasion by partying harder than anypony could remember. Even the previous partying record set by the relatively recent Royal Wedding was easily topped. However, the most energetic party of them all was hosted at the ballroom of Canterlot Castle by a certain pink pony.

Ten ponies and a dragon were all having fun at the after party of Princess Twilight Sparkle’s coronation.
“Too bad mom and dad couldn’t come to the after party. Especially after how bad the real party turned out to be,” Shining Armor said to his little sister who was busy observing other attendants.

The after party had already lasted for nearly an hour and everyone had already scattered to groups. Princesses Celestia and Luna had backed into a corner to discuss about recent events in private while sipping their drinks politely in a very princess-like manner. Spike was busy sharing his misadventures that had occurred over the years to Princess Cadence who was wearing slightly amused expression. Her friends were dancing on the dance floor, with exception of Rainbow Dash who was dancing above the dance floor being busy showing-off her awesome moves. Everyone in the room could hear the same familiar tune that had been played in her birthday party echoing throughout the room.

Ceremonial outfits had been ditched during the small break between the actual party and the after party. Princess Luna and Princess Celestia had both laughed their sides out due the fact they had both dared each other to wear such ridiculously stupid outfits and actually been true to their words. Although it meant they both get to keep their desserts for now, it also meant they had made their bold fashion statement for nearly nothing and most likely would keep hearing about it for decades. Still, they were happy to get back to their usual and more stylish regalia.

While others, including Rarity had left everything they didn’t wear usually behind, Twilight had decided to keep her new horseshoes and crown. For some reason it felt like it had always belonged there – right at the top of her head. Still, clothes where she set the limit. Even if she had to be ‘presentable’ and she was not going to start wear clothes all the time.

Currently Twilight herself was sitting on a soft red pillow with a gold trimming in a far-end side of the ballroom along with her brother catching up to each other’s doings like any good brother and sister should. At least that was what her books kept telling her.

Fixating her gaze back to her brother Twilight finally spoke, “At least it did go better than Grand Galloping Gala. Just involve nobles and some stuck-up upper-class ponies into anything and you end up with something that can be guaranteed to be awful and utterly boring. ”

Twilight released a sad sigh and stretched her large lavender wings. “It’s still sad they had to go. Somehow I just got this feeling they only left because didn’t want to intrude.”

Yet Twilight couldn’t say she was sad. The day had gone even better than she had anticipated. The ceremony itself at noon had gone well without any mistakes. They had already taken care of all the day’s formalities and rest of the day was scheduled for partying and relaxing. The hard work was set to start tomorrow so Twilight was happy that there was some time for her to spend with her friends having no idea when next opportunity might be.

Twilight was happy they planned ahead this time, so they had Pinkie set the after party up just for them. That and Pinkie had insisted to throw one of her parties for the occasion to honor her new favorite princess’ special day.

Therefore, in the spare time between parties while others took their time to get undressed in peace, Pinkie just threw off her dress and accessories and ran back to the moments ago emptied ballroom where she got straight to work. She really didn’t need to do much since the room was already ready from the actual party having everything already in places, including colorful streamers and purple banners featuring the new princess’ cutie mark.

Even though the set up was clearly done by a some professional it still wasn’t good enough for Pinkie so she gave the room an extra dose of party supplies with her trusty party cannon and baked a bunch of pastries faster than should be possible. In Twilight’s opinion, Pinkie had done perfect job.

“Want some more cake or bunch?” Pinkie chirped happily after she had once more appeared suddenly from underneath a table holding two empty mugs and plates.

Shining Armor did wonder for a moment was he seeing things. The fact the pink pony had just seconds ago been dancing on the other side of the room, yet was now standing next to him just didn’t add up for him. However, he dropped the matter soon not wanting to look like a crazy pony in front of her sister and one of her friends.

“I think we both have had enough,” Shining Armor said to decline the pink pony’s offer politely. All the sugar he had eaten throughout the day was finally starting to sink in. Not that he had any troubles handling his sugar, but he had learned his limits well after having spent an odd weekend with filly Twilight and Princess Celestia some years ago when he was just a private in the guard. He still was happy he wasn’t a dragon, knowing how much more drastic effect sugar had to them when compared to ponies. He could only shudder at his memory when he remembered just how prone to be trouble sugar high baby dragons could be—or more likely would be if only given the change.

“Yeah Pinkie. I know I’ve eaten today enough cake for at least a whole week,” Twilight responded from her pillow, “but why don’t you go offer some to Princess Celestia while Shiny and I go check on Spike and Cadence.”

“Okey-dokey-lokey, Princess Twi,” Pinkie said before starting to bounce in her regular manner, now with a relatively sizable white cream cake balancing on her back which definitely hadn’t been there moments ago .

Twilight decided not trouble her head by thinking about the origins of the cake and instead walked after her brother who had left right at the mention of Cadence, just to get away from the random pony who somehow managed to give him the creeps. Twilight was even happier now having finally time to chat with both her brother and sister-in-law privately.

“So are you two planning to stay here for long?” Twilight asked the most pressing question right away after having reached her target.

“At least for couple of days,” Cadence said happily. “We actually have a whole week off because the crystal ponies insisted us to take a vacation. I think it was mostly because how strangely Shiny acted for the rest of the evening after we received the invitation to your coronation yesterday.

“It did come as a complete surprise to both of us. Shiny was particularly confused because read the invitation after reading Princess Celestia’s letter where she asked him to organize the event’s security. You should have seen his face when he realized to whose coronation it was going to be!”

“And I thought we agreed not to talk about that,” Shining said in a rather serious tone while giving a stern look to her blabber-mouthed wife who certainly was going to hear about this later somewhere in private where no sisters and aunties would be around.

“Look at you two, already fighting like an old married couple,” Twilight said amusedly remembering herself in rather similar situation a while back. If what Cadence was talking about was anything like that, she clearly had missed a great sight.

Spike let out a small draconic burst of laughter not really paying attention having his mind focused on more important things of life, such as his ultimate business idea that would bring him great wealth. Then he could spend his bits to buy the biggest horde of gems ever existed. Other dragons would be so jealous.

However, before any of them managed to say anything Twilight continued, “Anyway, it’s great to see both you. Especially without any pressing concerns or some ancient evil lurking around.”

“I think that’s something we can all agree on,” Cadence said while others simply nodded their heads in agreement. It sure was nice that there weren’t any evil ex-kings or game inspectors nearby. Only friends and family—nothing more, nothing less.

“Hey, how about we all go to Pony Joe’s tomorrow for old times’ sake?” Twilight suggested having finally a change to spend some quality time together with her so rarely met family members.

“That’s a great idea, we should totally do that!” Spike quickly responded already starting to fantasize about all the doughnuts he was going to eat.

“I think that’s doable,” Shining Armor said and chuckled when he noticed how Spike had started to drool on the floor. “Now tell me sis, how’s the life as a princess been so far?”

“I really can’t really say much from less than a day experience,” Twilight said and then switched to more princess-like tone, “but I did find the parade highly pleasant and my speech was a great one, was it not, dear brother?”

“It was okay,” Shining Armor said to his sister. “The most important part was that you tried your best.”
“Oh come on! Nopony told me I had to give a speech before I got up there on the balcony! You had to admit it was better than ‘okay’, especially considering I made it up at the spot,” Twilight said with false-rage and raised her gold-covered hoof.

“Hey, I’m just teasing you,” Shining Armor said backing off from the threatening hoof.

“I know, BBBFF.”

“Are you two done your with your 'big brother – little sister' routine yet?” Cadence asked. “As a fellow princess, I would like hear what you think about being one.”

“I’ve actually been wondering about the same question ever since Princess Celestia told me that I’m a princess. I still don’t know what to think. I’m quite sure every other filly dreamed at least once to be a princess, but not me, I just dreamt of magic and look at where it got me. I’m still not sure do I really want to be one. I mean making a me princess just isn’t logical. In fact, it’s completely ridiculous!

“Anyhow, thanks to my new status as a princess of Equestria, the next few days will probably be nothing short of hectic. I guess tomorrow Princess Celestia and I get start sorting this out and find me my position in the government. Hopefully we don’t have go through the mess of editing the constitution and Princess Celestia isn’t planning to turn Equestria into a triarchy. I really would prefer to be just stay away from politics. I mean could you imagine me holding a court? I just know this is going to be a very bumpy road to go down.

“In my opinion, it was bad enough when Princess Luna got back from her extended leave of absence as it was put officially. Everypony had got so used to living in monarchy in a millennium so that the change back to being a diarchy seemed like the end of the world. Some of the nobles even went as far as to accuse Princess Celestia of nepotism when she reinstated Princess Luna’s position as a diarch.

“I just hope I don’t have to deal with too many angry mobs carrying torches and pitchforks. Then there will always be those ponies that might even seem to be happy for me, but in reality I’ll be just the target of their jealousy and envy. Not that I haven’t met such ponies before, I mean being Princess Celestia’s personal protégée is something many would want for themselves or their foal.

“I really just hope we all could just go back to the more or less normal life after this princess thing is dealt with.”

After Twilight had finished her rambling, they stayed quiet for a moment and blinked their eyes couple of times while letting Twilight’s comprehensive answer to sink in properly. Spike even went as far to scratch his chin with a claw.

“That was kind of deep but don’t you worry Twily. Everything’s gonna be just fine. You’ll see,” Shining Armor assured his little sister even though he was still a little shaken by his sister’s rather grim words.

“I hope you’re right. That’s actually the exactly same thing what I’ve been telling myself for several hours,” Twilight said and then let out a great yawn. “I think it’s time for me to give another speech.”

Twilight walked at the center of the room, cleared her throat and started speaking, “Could I get your attention, everypony?”

Shortly the music had been cut off and everyone in the room had gathered in front of Twilight, and were now waiting eagerly to hear what she was about to say.

“I just want to thank each and every one of you once more for everything. You all really mean a lot to me. I couldn’t have asked for better friends and family. Without you I would probably be a very different mare today. This has been a great party to end a good day but now if you’ll excuse me I think I’ll go and retire to my bed for today.”

“But it isn’t even dark yet,” Pinkie said sounding a little disappointed.

“I know. You all can just keep partying without me. I didn’t get any sleep last night because I was busy worrying about how things would go down today, so I need to compensate for that,” Twilight said and smiled weakly.

“Well, it’s not every day a pony becomes alicorn and has a coronation to go on the following day, darling,” Rarity said.

“Heh, I guess you’re right there,” Twilight said while holding back another yaw and having her eye’s closed little more than normally. She really wanted to get to bed, not that she was going to collapse on the floor from exhaustion or had offending bags under her eyes to get rid of. She just needed some rest and time to clear her head.

“Well Ah reckon you go and have some rest, sugar cube,” Applejack said.

“Um… I don’t mind if you leave, you do look a little tired,” Fluttershy said agreeing with Applejack. Everypony should have a good night's sleep and the last time Twilight didn’t sleep enough… Well that was a bit scary for the timid pony.

“But we haven’t done any awesome flying yet!” Rainbow Dash reminded. Twilight had promised to go fly with her, but so far it still hasn’t happened.

“As I told you earlier Dash, we can go flying later. Now I just want get to my bed and sleep. How about we have a one final group hug before I’m off to the bed,” Twilight suggested doing her best not to sound tired.

Because none of them dared to deny the Princess’ will, Twilight and her friends gathered into the day’s second heartwarming group hug. Others simply watched keeping a distance. After a moment of embracing each other and giving short biddings of good night to Twilight even it still was just late afternoon, Princess Twilight Sparkle exited the room and began the short and uneventful journey to her bed.

Author's Note:

There you have it folks! Twilicorn goes to bed and absolutely nothing happens.
(This chapter is just something We wrote as a warm-up)
Moar shall be published when We feel like it or when We have actually written something.

This work is yet to be processed by an army of grammar nazies. Get yourself recruited today by contacting Us if you got what it takes!

Comments ( 25 )

No editor? I can help. Send me a pm.

I would help as an editor as well. On that subject, when using the words most, more, etc, you do not use the suffixes -er or -est. You said more scarier in the description. It should just be scarier. Mistakes like that turn some readers away.

Your clunky description is an instant turn off.

Lampshading it just makes it worse.

Pff, that doesn't seem to have anything related to the title:ajbemused:

Might I recommend getting rid of the wall of questions and replacing it with a description with some actual description? Also, bringing up the possibility of trolling really hurts the stories chance of being read, regardless of whether you are trolling or not.

Twilight reference, anyone?
:twilightoops::twilightangry2:

Don't know if trollfic or what... The description is a serious turn off.

I think I'll just leave for now, and maybe come back when a summary relevant to the story is posted instead.

We

2361161
Nope, not a trollfic. (Trolling will be saved for an alternative ending if We deem one is necessary.)
We have about 15k words long rough draft for very serious story. Right now We’re stuck trying decide whether gore should be included.
2361087
This WILL NOT be a crossover with Twilight books/movies. No one in Our team has read or watched them but We are well aware that those masterpieces are almost as good as Justin Bieber’s songs. (Lots of offense meant to all respectable parties.)

If someone wants to join Our team, feel free to contact Us.
We mostly work offline using txt, docx and pdf files. We won’t use GDocs because we prefer offline text editors, Git and IRC. However Our server isn’t connected to public internet, so we probably use Mega and share links using user messages.

Description and picture were clearly made using artistic license. A certain person will be punished for that and then (s)he will get try again. :pinkiecrazy:

The description needs some editing because it gives the feeling that you actually don't know what your writing.

The story has potential, you have given us a good look at the situation and set the stage for whatever event you have planed.

2362622: I know, I know. It was just the perfect opprotunity to make a joke out of it! :rainbowlaugh: My own Fimfiction stories have a lot of Twilight jokes in it as well. I'm not mocking Twilight Sparkle; she's my favorite pony :twilightsmile:, but you HAVE TO notice the connection. Twilight Sparkle. Twilight with sparkling vampires. Even a complete doofus could see the mysterious connection. Do you think Lauren Faust based Twilight's name on the books? :twilightoops:

Is the title a reference to Blood: The Last Vampire?

Umm. Why is she genuinely tired? What vampire would bite the equivalent of a goddess?

I'll admit, it would be a nice (but hated) twist if it turned out that she had to take care of the last vampony.

Your main problem that the editors willl fix is the missing words and the occasional forgotten ed- or ing.

Rainbow quote 'this is awesome' keep up the good work also hooray for vampires that do not sparkle in the day

We can has moar? Please? Fluttershy would really like another chapter, I mean... Just look at this face.

fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/102/3/3/sad_fluttershy_by_zinthose-d4vzche.png

:flutterrage: I WANT MOOOOOOOOOAAAAR::flutterrage:
please:pinkiesad2::fluttercry::applecry:

XC *cries* why havent this story been continued yet?

I think we all know what happened to the story. The author either forgot he/she was writing it our they just gave up on it.

4549539 i think you're right

i like this story but sins it looks like the author have not been online for 93weeks it seems that this story is quiet dead.
......
i will therefor click fave and up vote and all that

5504120 Such a shame when stories end up like this, it makes me want to cry.:raritycry:

Is this story dead?

Nice beginning hope that their is a twist in it

Seeing as the information next to the creator says they haven't logged in since three days after they made this and the story itself was created in 2013, I'd say it's likely this will never update.

Dead story?

Dead author?

Login or register to comment