• Published 1st Feb 2012
  • 7,215 Views, 429 Comments

War of the Fallen Race - PegasusKlondike

  • ...
67
 429
 7,215

Epilogue: Family

He was home. Home in Ponyville with everypony that he loved and held dear. The War of the Fallen Race was now just a story to be told by historians, both human and pony. Though tensions were high after the Peace of Terra, they settled as the humans displayed their peaceful intentions, and now out of work ponies flocked to the Human Republic of Terra seeking opportunity. Humans found the borders of Terra a bit too constricting, so with the permission of the Princess herself, began to settle parts of Equestria.

The humans struggled, but with the aid of their new allies and the strength of friendship they began to rebuild their society. Human influence began to show itself in pony society, goods from the advanced Terrans began to show up in the Canterlot markets. But Aaron didn't care, his race walked the earth and he was home with his friends.

"Okay Applebloom, you ready for this one?" he said to the little red maned filly that rode on his shoulders.

"No! This one is way too far! We'll never make it!"

"We'll have to try!" He gave a small jump and landed safely on the other side of the ominous puddle that stood in their way. "Yay! We made it!" Both laughed at their little adventure.

They arrived at the schoolhouse where Aaron was taking her. He set her on the ground and took a seat by the door. "Sorry we're late Miss Cheerilee!" The mare looked confused at one of the strange new creatures that now roamed around peacefully.

"Applebloom, where is your family member? It's your turn to bring one in for Family Appreciation Day."

"That's him there by the door!" She took her seat with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, who had already been introduced to Applebloom's "cousin".

"But, that's a hoomeen."

Aaron stood to introduce himself. "The word is "human", I'm Aaron Patterson, Applebloom's removed cousin." he said cheerily.

"Um, I'm Cheerilee. And welcome to our classroom today sir." she extended a hoof. He gently took it and shook her hoof.

"A pleasure to meet such a lovely mare." Cheerilee blushed. "Well, what do I talk about?"

"Well sir, what do you do for a living?"

He sat on a small stool at the front. "Well I haven't held down a job in centuries, so I guess you could call me an adventurer."

A little filly with a silver spoon on her flank raised a hoof. "What kind of adventures, salt binges?" she and her friend snickered.

"Not at all, I've been a soldier, an inventor, a prisoner, a champion, a savior. I've seen the ultimate darkness, and been there to usher in the light. I am a giver of life and a curer of ails. I wield science and magic together for Harmony. Many times before have I held the fate of my kind and yours in my hands and I made the souls of my kind pure."

The utter attention of every filly and colt was his. "Now, who wants to hear about the first time I met Princess Celestia?"

"You know Princess Celestia?" some of the foals said with awe.

"On a first name basis! I'm the human ambassador in her court! I'm even close friends with Princess Luna." he began to regale the young minds with his adventures, standing to imitate the actions he described and using character voices to make it more dramatic. Of course he left out a lot of parts, young impressionable minds and all. At one point he used his magic to imitate Legion talking through him. Though normally only supposed to last an hour, his presentation took up the entire afternoon.

"And that is how the nations of Equestria and Terra were born, and how our races came to know one another as friends." several pairs of little hooves clipped and clapped as they applauded this most amazing family appreciation presentation. Several more came from the doorway where their parents stood to take their foals home. Among them were his friends, large smiles on their faces.

********************************************************************

Dear Princess Celestia,

As ambassador of the Republic of Terra, I gratefully accept your invitation to the Grand Galloping Gala. As per our agreement, I have selected nine additional human beings to act as dignitaries for your event. Hopefully we may discuss our little issue regarding settlers in the Everfree Forest and the problem of the dragon migratory path over Terra.

On a personal note, I am happy here in Ponyville. Happier than I have ever been. As I write this letter down I am surrounded by my friends who love me like a brother. I can never thank you enough for making peace with us, and I hope this letter reaches my dear friend Luna too. It is odd, is it not? For two millenia we hated each other, the hatred poisoning our lives and affecting everyone else around us. But now we are the greatest and most trusting of friends. What you say is true, friendship really is the most powerful magic in the world. There are rumors Celestia, rumors coming from Terra that there may be other human vaults across the world. I don't know what to feel about these rumors, but if they are hostile, you will have the full strength and influence of Terra behind you. I look forward to seeing you again Tia, and if I am not mistaken, we still have a little game of chess to finish.

Your eternal friend,
Aaron Patterson

Aaron finished penning his letter to the Princess. The light of day grew through his window, the perfect sunrise gracing the horizon. Celestia's gift to him, a beautiful sight. He rolled the scroll up and placed it in his pocket. Standing from his desk he walked out of the library to Ponyville. Ponies waved to him and he waved back. They tolerated him, no, they loved him. Walking to Sugarcube Corner he ordered the first batch of cupcakes for the day from his favorite party mare.

"Whats the news Pinkie?"

"Nothing much, you humans have such odd cookbooks." As a gift by the freed humans, the six mares could have whatever they wanted from the Lazarus archives. Pinkie had taken some pastry cookbooks.

"OOOHHH!!! Who are they?" she pointed out the window to a wagon being pulled by hired ponies. Inside were familiar faces.

"I'll handle the introductions on this one Pinkie."

He opened the door to Sugarcube Corner, he ran to the wagon to greet the new human immigrants. A small family, with a bouncing, healthy baby girl. The man of the family left the wagon to be met by Aaron. Recognizing an old friend, they embraced.

He whispered to his friend. "Welcome home."

**************************************************************************

I've dreaded this day for so long now, I've finished the story that took up so much of my life. But it does not have to end here, a story like this can never really end. Have faith in Harmony and you shall be rewarded. Love and tolerate bronies.

Comments ( 143 )

inc.com/uploaded_files/image/standing-ovation-auditorium-pop_8703.jpg
This has to go down as one of my favortite stories i have ever read...
I am genarly sad that it is over, but i will download it and keep it on my pc forever :raritydespair: :raritydespair: :raritydespair:
again
inc.com/uploaded_files/image/standing-ovation-auditorium-pop_8703.jpg

Sequel. Now!

343216
I AGREE!!!!
A SEQUAL MUST BE MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This, my good man, is deserving of a standing ovation.

From all of your fans across the world, including a certain zombified eagle down at the Pokegirls forum, I thank yee for this masterpiece, and truly hope to see you create a sequel.

From the pokegirls forum, and the Nightmare Alliance.

Thank you.

YAY! WOO HOO! I think I may sense a sequel with that "other vault" comment.:trollestia: I have been known to be wrong.

343225
Yes, I will allot you till the beginning of summer to begin a sequel.
May mother have mercy on your soul, as well as terra.

*sniff*
untrack... and add to favorites.
Well done, sir.

343257 um did you mean mine story or his epic amazing masterpeice?

343261
His masterpiece, my good sir.

Thank you all. This was my first actual attempt at fiction, and your support and comments are what made it possible.

Most excellent! Hope to see more!:pinkiehappy:

343289 your kidding me right....
I would serousily consider trying to get this on equestia daily!
it has a very good chance of making it!

Encore! Encore! A SEQUEL MUST BE MADE!

Now this was EPICALLY AWESOME, DOOD!:pinkiehappy::rainbowwild::raritywink::twilightsmile::yay::ajsmug::trollestia::heart:

I think seeing the the nations of Terra and Equestria resolving a conflict with other vaults would be interesting.

This is one of my favorite stories on this website, whether you create a sequel or not, good luck!

eh abit of a cop out for me. i'm more of a take back earth king of guy but i guess to each is there own.

That was by far the most epic, beautiful, amazing, bestest, greatest story I've ever read.:pinkiehappy:[img]images[/img]

That was by far the most epic, beautiful, amazing, bestest, greatest story I've ever read.:pinkiehappy:

[img]images[/img]

708255 Any suggestions for improvement? As you may have noticed many of the chapters have really recent dates next to them , I have been on an editing spree in preparation for an EqD submit.

708302 PegasusKlondike None that I can see. This story is perfect. I can't wait to see it up there.:pinkiehappy:

:yay:- Good luck!

I must congratulate. This one is one of the purest forms of flawless storytelling I have seen in quite a while. Each character, each individual marred by their own struggles and their basic humanity. And all told with the love and toil of an author who had set no bounds on the quality of each paragraph, each sentence. You, my good author, sought to keep readers on edge, instill drama and fear, and end it all on a high note, even if some of the stuff in the chapters I read were kinda cheesy. I did not read the whole thing, just a few chapters in, but I will surely read the parts I missed. I read from part of the middle towards the end, and I have to give credit where credit is due. Good work, where others would give the highest at 5 stars, I would give 6. Well done.:scootangel:

861019 Any suggestions for improvement? This story is kind of my baby and I want it to be completely flawless before submitting to EqD.

My boy, you have hit the basics of good storytelling on the head well. You did not stop at this is good enough. You, like your character, went above and beyond the duty of an author to deliver quality, length, passion, and most of all, loyalty to the people. I cannot help you very much as I am not a professional critic. I just happen to know a good one when I see one. This was a jewel. Though if you seek advice, your best bet would be to have the some of the very notable names critique your work. I do not know who they are on this site, but I am sure that if you presented them your work, they would be happy to read. I LOVE Halo, and I must admit, this story nearly equals that with some of the feeling I get from music composed by Bungie composer Martin O' Donnell. Though I guess if there is one flaw that strikes me, its some of the cheesiness. By the way, some readers would be inclined to see what kind of "urges" Fluttershy have now that she had seen the child in the story. Talk with me privately if you want more info on where I am going with that idea.:trollestia: But other than that, well done.

Though if there is one thing that I would seriously consider, its personally sending one Discord straight to the unspeakable place of torment that is Hell. Today, I have a newfound hatred for the beast and would not hesitate to commit undue and unspeakable atrocities to him for his crimes against Humanity.

861094 Don't worry, I have that in mind for the sequel.

I would hope that as the last embodiment of Lucifer, which I have yet to read the origins of, he would roast on a pyre that so many victims had to endure for all eternity. As your embodiment of God is kind and does not like bloodshed, I would have to hope that there was a force even greater than her and the sun that bore her that would ultimately step in and make sure he suffers for his crimes. But, go easy on that crazed guard. It seems he is experiencing one of the many tortures of Hell as a part of the living, unending torment and the constant reminder of his sins. I throw myself on the mercy of the author, Mother, the Sun, and the true GOD of your version of the pony and human universe to see that his torment was not a life sentence. Mother and the Sun did not exist on their own, they were created by a presence far above their own, one that is not just energy. He transcends the physical realms and realms of the heavens of Mother, and watches over both of them. The Humans did not believe in GOD the father for nothing.

I suggest that for your sequel, you focus on something that would be dire to the whole planet. Halo had in it an alien race bent on the destruction of everything that life stood for. The Covenant, as they are known, committed genocide in the worse ways, slaughtering billions in hellish hell-fire until the planet that was full of life was barren, burned, and smoldered into glass. Whole continents burned, oceans practically boiled away and the atmosphere completely disappearing from the planet. Include the Covenant, or something like it. You don't have to include the Master Chief or the UNSC, but have the Terrans and the Equestrians prepare for the most basic right an intelligent species has....THE RIGHT TO EXIST. Basically have an intelligent force that is opposed to all Earth life come and devastate the complete land around it, so that it is hopeless, even with magic to restore.

861170 The third installment will be the threat against the entire world in the form of another God. And the Sun and the Mother are children of what I have come to call 'The Cycle', the unending pattern of the coalescence and dispersal of matter and energy in the universe (aka The Big Bang). But in a way, they evolve like we do. Theoretically, I could include a pantheon of ten True Gods called The Vigilants, real immortal beings that transcend both the universes of matter and energy and exist to make sure The Cycle moves on schedule.

I would not go God against God. That would start turning this into a Greek myth with everyone shooting all kinds of warped crap at each other. And how will everyone cope with such a thing. Give them a more down-to-earth threat, still massive in scale that would ravage the whole world in horrible, nearly irreversible atrocities, but that could be dealt with on a more mortal level. The Earth now that IT is in Harmony, must defend its Harmony and lifestyle from new foes from worlds beyond. Make up your own race of aliens or something. Make the threat fight-able, but still nearly hopeless to combat, even with the Elements and all souls united. Make something so terrible that could hardly be affected by magic, something that has what magic could never stop, a true IRON WILL. For a true iron will would make any magical bonds or afflictions ineffective. The will of the spirit can override anything. Take that into account. I could even offer some advice and even type my own lines as an evil soldier that would turn good or something. I could help you with the planning detail.

861300 Well, actually the new god would be kind of a jerk and old 'lover' of The Mother before she created lifeforms. I was going to write an entire story on their relationship and how during the Mother's early experiments with life forms were always botched by this other god that she trusted. After that she ends up (sort of) banishing him. But he comes back with a vengeance and decides that chaos needs to rule the world and basically opens Tartarus for his own amusement. To him, lifeforms are created by gods for entertainment, not love.

Opening the pits of Hell? Kinda extreme, considering that a literal "Hell on Earth" would be very bloody. Could you reproduce the very torture and cruelty unleashed by such a thing? You are talking about souls being taken to Hell without your Mother's approval. She would not have anything in her power in which to bring back innocent souls like that. Could you have your very Elements even journey to the land of the wicked and the spite? Could they literally be themselves after having to go down to the pits of Hell where souls like your crazed guard friend rot each and every day for all eternity. Let me tell you something, Pinkie Pie's hair would not only droop down, her cutie mark would turn deathly grey and her hair would fall out. And Fluttershy.... Bless her heart. I would never want her to see such sorrows and tortures beyond that of ordinary comprehension, because that is what Tartarus/Hades/Sheol/Hell is. Think about that for a moment. This icon :fluttercry: would not even scratch the surface of her perpetual fear. She would never speak again.

861102 Hey regarding the comment suggesting that Discord being sent to his own eternal despair and you saying that you are thinking about putting it in the sequel,here's a video that would express my idea of how Discord should be punished.What do you think about Discord facing his punishment in a similar way to this clip from the final episode of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PRSchbUMW4

1209801 Think more along the lines of 'cosmic slap in the wrist', if you have ever read 'Ringworld' you would see a similar interaction between the Puppeteers and the Kzinti.

We were the cause of our own extinction when we took it too far.

1209801 Made you hate the ponies though, amirite? :trollestia: That was a part of my goal, to instill a sense of racial pride for humanity in my readers. I got so sick of seeing stories ripping on humans without reason that I decided to make one where we were (in an odd way) the good guys.

May all my internetz grant you happiness

1215876 Yes and no, besides, I was young and dumb when I wrote this.

1215876 Dude just continue reading this and I'm sure you won't regret doing so.Tell you what,part of the author's goal was to ignite a sense of racial pride for humanity.

So awesome :rainbowkiss:

Can't wait for the start of the sequel

1235322 The first set was Celestia trying to prove why we needed to be pacified, the second set was Aaron/Mother standing up for our race with all the good we have done.

1235289Now that you mention it,half of that stuff was not him.

1342501 You're damn right she is.

345587 same here i was hoping for a ending that was a bit more like "The History Of The Human War" where humanity would get some sort of retribution and get the best part of the peace deal

i am the 100th like!

1452142 YEESSSS!!! ONE HUNDRED LIKES!

223613
I agree completely.
Too many stories in the war with humans and ponies are kinda stupid.

We have NUCLEAR WARHEADS. THOUSANDS OF THEM.
WE BOMBED OUR OWN SPECIES WITH THEM. I DON'T THINK WE'D GIVE A DAMN ABOUT GENOCIDAL PONIES.
And the thing about snipers. We have hundreds of them. Just the US. Not including EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.


It just doesn't add up and to me that kinda kills the story.

223613
And then there's the population ratio.

There are maybe a little over 1 million ponies in Equestria.
Earth has 7 BILLION humans. We could fight with sticks and still win by sheer number.

Login or register to comment