• Published 18th Jan 2012
  • 2,893 Views, 229 Comments

Hypothermia of the Heart - Whatsup818



Set back before Equestria was founded. Two different pony races fall for each other after an unfortunate accident. How will this affect them

Comments ( 48 )

573858 Heh thanks :twilightsmile: I really didn't mean to take so long to update. Finals and final projects were holding me down

So close to being first... But hey, I beat ugugg93 to it.

573882

I know the feeling. A lot of the stories I read on here haven't been updated since a week or two before finals, and even if they had been I was pretty much out of commission myself for the same reason. Hopefully they'll start updating again now that the work is over.

Also, kudos on yet another fantastic chapter. I've really enjoyed this story. So many feels. It would have been cool if Twilight and Rarity had been introduced sooner, but that's more of a personal thing than anything against the story. If I had stars to give, you would have all of them, but since I don't, have some mustaches instead :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:.

It's...

It's over?

I don't know if I'm happy or sad about this...

*whimper*

Sad to see this end, it's been a very enjoyable read. In fact, at some point when I have a good amount of free time, I'm going to have to read it all again.

Have to say, I would enjoy seeing an epilogue; perhaps one set some time after they've all settled that explains more about what happens with Scootaloo and RD & Pinkie and such.

But even if you never touch this story again, I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to seeing what else you may write in future :pinkiehappy:

573907 hehe yea. Oh well, next time you'll make first comment

574001 Yea I felt pretty bad about not being able to update this story as soon as I normally do. As soon as I was able I was all determined to update hoth as fast as possible.

If Twilight and Rarity weren't unicorns I would've included them sooner, but I thought it would be way to random to do that when there was such little focus on the other two tribes.

Glad you enjoyed it so much! :yay:

574017 well hopefully you enjoyed it :twilightsmile:

574207 hehe who knows. I'm really glad you enjoyed it so much though :twilightblush:

574645
but... the fans must have more!
possibly a sequel? Pweeeeeeaeesssseee~ :fluttershysad:

574958 More? Hehe I dunno maybe...I do have one question though

Does this have anything to do with the HurricanexPansy shipping?

Complete?!

No No NO it can't be over this story is too good end it just can't be:fluttershbad::twilightoops:

Anyways this was truly enjoyable I loved reading it immensely, interesting to see all the mane six as well as their families/friends represented there I liked that. :twilightsheepish::rainbowdetermined2::pinkiehappy::yay::raritywink::ajsmug:

575298 hehe I'm sorry. It had to end at some point though, and I wanted it to end on a good note. Really glad you enjoyed it!

increible trama, valio la pena la espera =)

NOTE FOR WHATSUP818: THIS IS A VERY WEIRDLY FORMATTED CRITIQUE, SO FORGIVE ME :pinkiecrazy:

Woah... I am REALLY late on the draw here, but at least that means that I can jab at a few people first!!!

573907 Hey, I was pulling a 12 hour shift at work, so I had a pretty major handicap :rainbowwild:

575660 And YOU! HOW DARE YOU END A STORY WITHOUT GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF CLOP! YOU SHOULD END THIS STORY WITH AN EPILOGUE CONSISTING OF A 12-WAY WITH THE MANE SIX, THE TRIBE LEADERS, AND THEIR ASSISTANTS. GO GO GO!!! :flutterrage:

In all seriousness though, this was an amazing story, and I always felt the need to continue reading, which always is a good thing! Ending it right here is a little... weird maybe? There are a lot of open ended things that are never resolved.

- Scoot can't fly... but while Dash consoles her, the issue is never really resolved.
- Scoot never really meets Sweetie and Apple Bloom, which is minor, but still feels... off.
- Dash is going to be punished for the Dumb Bell thing, and while not serious, also feels incomplete.

And the only major issue...

- The chapter ends with them leaving for the new land, and then BAM!! Done. If I didn't read it in the comments, I would've thought that this was just the end of another chapter, and I seriously did. Felt complete enough for a chapter sure, but for an ending? Definitely needs an epilogue (imho) of... say... 6 months down the road. Gives time for Dash and Pinkie to get their house built, Scoot to come to terms with her condition, and meet her friends, Pansy and Hurricane to actually start a real relationship, instead of... well... WHATEVER they have going on atm, and it might allow for Pinkie to figure out what's going on with her parents (good or bad). Obviously, this is just my opinion, and you are definitely not forced to do so.

That said, even if you don't make that epilogue (I admit, my motives are partially because I want you to write more of this story), I feel that this was an amazing story. The emotions were strong, capturing the mane 6 characters (except Rarity and Twilight because of their late entrance) was done well, you displayed an amazing alternated story behind the tale, and how it COULD make sense, and lets face it, Commander Hurricane (or any pony really) breaking that many desks is always a plus. The fight scene was perfectly done, and the descriptions in it were very well done. No lie, it was damn close to needing the gore tag at one point, but it never really got there.

However, what really got me was how freaking much you took your time to have the characters change their ways. I don't remember off the top of my head, but from the time Rainbow met Pinkie, to the point that she was doing the nasty, you spent a good 15k plus words. Hurricane was even more, and with Pansy? Good grief I felt like it was watching grass grow it was drawn out so long (I mean this in a good way :yay:)

Now, there were two main issues I had with this story as a whole, both revolving around the clop. The first is the line, "Dash thrusted her hoof in and out of Pinkie...", and the ones that are similar to that. All I could think when I read that was "HOLY CRAP! THAT'S GONNA HURT!" Seriously, look at Pinkie Pie, and look at the size of her hooves! I don't even wanna think about the potential... tearing... *coughs*. ANYWAYS! The second issue I have is the amount of clop in the story. Now, before you assume one way or another, I'm not faulting you for having it, or not having it. Instead, I'm faulting you for the amount you have. Its at that weird point where it is more than simple spice in a story, but not enough for a clopfic. Its like the story doesn't really know what it wants to be, and to me (at least), it kinda shows. You either should've put more in, taken some out (leaving only one with Pinkie/Dash, and one with Hurricane/Pansy), or censored it somehow. That's more of my opinion, and I while I can't fault you too much on it because of that, I'm still letting you know.

All in all... definitely one of my favorite stories in the past few months, and I am soooooooo glad I found this story! DON'T YOU DARE STOP WRITING!!

573907 I didn't get first, but I damn well got longest! :trollestia:

576009 Thanks. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. You'r comment gave me all kinds of feelz. :twilightblush:

I can agree with you on the clop. As the longer it got the more I was thinking about how the clop toward the beginning of the fic was going to be a little awkward, but I didn't want to change it too much. As for the hoof thing, it is very possible to get that to fit without tearing, you just have to be really careful.

I tried really hard to keep their characters as in character as possible so I'm really happy to find out that I did! Thanks :pinkiehappy:

When I first found this fic I read it all in one day, you did a really good job. I have to agree with ugugg93 however. While a good end, it doesn't feel complete. I think this needs a short epilogue, but that's my only complaint. Good job, and keep writing!

586761 Thanks :twilightsmile: Well maybe...I dunno if I will write an epiloge for sure though

You just kept me up to 03:23 in the morning... I will be a wreck in school today! What do you have to say in your defense for making such an awesome story?

623188 I REGRET NOTHING!!! :rainbowwild:

Well I just read this entire story in one shot. It's pains me to see that more people haven't taken the time to read such a well written piece of art. I find it hard to believe that anyone who actually read the story would think to give it a thumbs down, unless they mindlessly rate more mature writing negatively. I would not call this a clopfic, it is a romantic adventure that has scenes of an adult nature. The sex wasn't overused in this story which I am thankful for because it can be used as a crutch. In fact I would say that the mature scenes seemed quite rushed for the most part. That doesn't hurt the story in any way because it's doesn't seem like it was meant to be clop. The romance between pinkie and dash seemed to work even if things skipped from "dirt pony" to "I love you pinkie" rather quickly for my taste. I actually enjoyed the romantic issues between hurricane and pansy more than I thought I would, and that helped me stay interested in the story.

Honestly I had a rather good time enjoying this story and I hope others give it the same chance I did because you have a well written, enjoyable, and emotional piece of art that you should be proud for writing. Thank you for sharing this story with the world!

--N.A.T

704150 Thanks. I'm really glad you enjoyed it so much. :twilightsmile: I really appreciate your review and I hope you enjoy any future stories I may post on here.

Fantastic alternate universe story...alternate past might be more accurate actually. I was really impressed with this, you managed quite well to make the story really long but each chapter great to read. I do regret that it's over, but all good things must come to an end. I do think if you cared to you could probably continue this with what happens after they arrive and what-not, but this story is wonderful and as complete as it really needs to be. Can't wait to read any future works you may make.

This fic needs to be shown much more love :fluttershysad:
Read it on fanfiction and enjoyed it from the very beginning. I applaud you, good sir, for producing such a nice story :pinkiehappy:
Thanks for the good read.

829148 hehe Thank you :twilightsmile: I'm really glad you enjoyed the story. I really hope you like the future stories I will write

FYI: I am the opposite of a sir. hehe:rainbowlaugh:

834176 Oops :twilightblush:
My bad :rainbowlaugh:
And I'm sure I will.

851263 Yea I was told that the first chapter isn't very good but the chapters improve as they go.

1041615 glad you are enjoying it :pinkiehappy: hopefully you can finish it soon :twilightsmile:

Beautiful works of art. This fic is one of the best I ever read. I started reading it and never stopped for a good eight hours. When I stopped, I look at the clock and said: HOLY CRAP! It's 6 am, but it was worth it. The ending was kinda disappointing. I expected more. It reminded me of Halo's ending. Dash is all like "We'll bring the fight to them." END. And a few questionable choices like when they forgave Hurricane. She gave Dash an infection that could kill her and snapped her leg. She ordered to get Fluttershy beat up. She stabbed Pinkie on the shoulder, and she was like sorry and they were like Hmm... OKAY! For me, the clop was satisfying though. It was written soooo well and great character development. And that is why I'm giving it a SEX out of 10.... Just kidding a 9 out of 10. Only to be held back by the rushed ending and a some questionable choices. It also deserves my Badass Mustache of Approval:moustache: Go for greatness man. Oh wait, you already did.:twilightsmile:

1154913 Thanks I'm really glad you liked it :pinkiehappy: I know the ending isn't that great but I'm glad you liked it regardless.

1345843
Heh it's alright. All that matters is that you got to read and enjoy it. :pinkiehappy:

1353624 Hehe I can imagine the feeling you just went through. It really sucks. Glad you did finally get to read it though :pinkiehappy:

I'm really happy you enjoyed the story so much. :rainbowkiss:

Read the entire story in one go. Definitly on of the best I've read in recent memory.

1575665
Glad you enjoyed the story so much :pinkiehappy:

1702947
hehe that was awesome. :rainbowlaugh:

ok i just fnished chapter 8 and i am feeling emtions i dont even understand or even believed i had. i dont even know if there isa name for these feelings. amazing job.

I just finishe the fic and all i have to say is wow............just wow.............

1883798>>
hehe thanks :pinkiehappy: I'm really glad you enjoyed the story so much.

And it's over...

Heavy emotions, well-written fight scenes, steamy sex scenes and a great story line. You have won a spot on the my front page. One of the best PinkieDashes that I have read in a long time. You almost got me to cry MULTIPLE times. I barrel through warfics and tragedies like a juggernaut.

I have slow marched through scarred and bloody fields of Equestria: Total War and The Immortal Game with the discipline of an emotionless bastard.

But damn...you got under my skin at certain points in this story. Made me tear up a couple times. Made me laugh, intrigued me to no end.

This story is worth more in merit than the attention it receives. :twilightsmile:

Silver out!

2353604 Glad you enjoyed the story! :pinkiehappy: I really tried to use accurate military labels for the pegasi and it only seemed appropriate to use the air force ranks. :twilightsmile:

This story is so awesome. It's the third time I've read it. I might be a bit drunk now, but that's what happens after a bottle of wine, some rom and a bit of champagne. Anyway I just wanted to say i love this story, when I decided to get drunk and cry my eyes out i ended up having to choose between this story and "The party hasn't ended" and well today I pick this one and I'm glad i did.

Not That "The party hasn't ended" is a worse fic than yours, in fact it's the fic that made me love this ship and made it my OTP. But I love the way you take the characters to a (kinda) new world, just to see what would happen if Rainbow and Pinkie met here. And you made it work perfectly. I love this pairing, and for your dedication to them i now love you. The side shipping with Pansy and Hurricane was very very very well done, I hardly know these ponies and yet Pansy's heart break made me cry.

Oh my god i cried my heart out at least three times in this story, which was exactly what i needed so thank you. But of course i also laugh and smiled in all the sweet moments when Rainbow Dash showed some cracks in her armor. This is a beautiful story and I love you for it. At the end of this story my eyes are dry and my smile is wide.

Thank you :twilightsmile:

Pretty much everything I have to say about this story has already been said. The first chapter was very confusing, and I had to force myself to at least give the second and third chapter a chance, but I'm glad I did.

One of the big battles did seem a tad far-fetched in terms of how much injury they could take, but other things made up for that. The interactions (and tension) between Pinkie, Dash, Hurricane and Pansy are very good. I really liked those. I liked the touch about when to take off armor.

The ending felt a bit open though. There were a lot of loose ends. Nevertheless it was worth the read.

First i didn't wantet to read a RainbowPie fic but i am very gladly that i did it.
Just an awesome story i cant even say how mush i love the stroy. :rainbowkiss:

The fight scenes were excitingly and there wasnt too mush sex.

In my opinion the end was just perfect it didnt feelt rushed or to open.

I am hoping that you will write more storys as awesome as this soon and thank you very mush even if you dont :twilightsmile:

ps: Sry for my (bad) english

Where has this been all my life?

o.o... Okay I almost didnt read this, but then i read the reviews... yeaaaah theres no way i can leave this story alone! XD

Damn, had to read this from 9pm-6am cause it was so awesome, now i need sleep though :ajbemused:

Comment posted by KatPocketMonster deleted Feb 14th, 2016
VVB

Great story! :pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment