• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 1,749 Views, 46 Comments

Order and Chaos - The_Master



A Chaos space marine goes to equestria, how about that.

  • ...
9
 46
 1,749

Well, didn't see THAT coming...

Well, didn't see THAT coming...

Mordecai sat in his cage, contemplating his situation. His shoulder was fully healed but he could really use some good old fashioned training before he was back to one-hundred percent. As he sat pondering what luna had said, Mordecai couldn't help but notice deep, almost inaudible rumbling in the back of his head. He stood up and listened, trying to determine where the almost seismic rumbling was coming from.

Judging by my position, it seems as if it is coming from deeper withing the mountain! he thought.

He continued to listen, and with every passing second he came closer to deducing the nature of the disturbance. Now an average man of learning may have passed it off as seismic disturbances or internal magma, it was a mountain after all. Now Mordecai however, was a veteran of the first company, honor guard to Horus himself! As such Mordecai had plenty of experience with heavy machinery and knew damn well what an activating plasma reactor sounded like. This of course, didn't make any sense in the slightest, as that kind of technology didn't exist here yet. Made even more improbable by the idea that the reactor, if it existed, was buried deep within the mountai-BOOM!!!

Suddenly the entire mountain shook with incredible force, throwing Mordecai's cage, and the space marine occupying it, back against the adjacent wall. Mordecai twisted with acrobatic grace as he tried to land without killing himself, but alas he could not. When he recovered, he found that the cage had been split open like some great egg. Taking the opportunity to escape, he squeezed out of the cage and bolted up the stairs with superhuman speed, his armor seething with effort and a swiftness that put eldar aspect warriors to shame. His boots cracked the stone steps as he barreled up the seemingly endless stairwell. He reached the top of the stairwell, crashing through the wooden doors like they didn't exist, and looked out in horror.

The entire city was shifting! ponies screamed and ran as the city blocks raised and moved with industrial efficiency, gleaming towers and spires unlocked and rotated, revealing Vulcan mega-bolters, quake cannons, and turbo laser destructors. The city was unfolding into a war zone.

Kaboom!

Mordecai raced to the nearest railing and looked off the side of the mountain. What he then saw was that there WAS no side of the mountain! The entire mountain was gone! Millions of tons of granite fell away like dust to reveal something Mordecai could never have conceived. The entire city was resting on the shoulders of an imperator titan!

"By the gods! But that's impossible! THAT SHOULDN'T EXIST!"

Luna teleported behind him, she was clearly scared. "Mordecai!" Luna shouted in the royal canterlot voice, so as not to be drowned out by the god-machine's rumbling "What's going on?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!" he shouted above the roar of the engines.

This was impossible! Even if someone had managed to bring an emperor class titan to this world, there is no way it could have gone unnoticed! And beyond that, the chassis seemed to have been grafted to the city itself! How in the name of the four chaos gods could someone physically manage to hide, insert, and arm a titan under the mountain! Whoever they were they were defying not only physics, but logic itself. Even Tzeentch would be incapable of an act of trickery on this scale. No matter what caution was taken, what lengths one had gone to, someone would have noticed weapons being installed. This was too big! This had to be the work of a...

the work of a...

Tactical genius...

Mordecai had seen many things, participated in many black crusades, and was old enough that he had met many great figures over the millenia. This wisdom was sombering, and had taught him a deal of self control to compliment his proffesionalism. None of that had any effect on what happened next.

Mordecai roared, with such volume and thunderus power that windows shattered, tiles vibrated, and the entire city shook as it fell silent from his resounding, all consuming rage. Even the engines were drowned out by his titanic bellowing. His rage was felt in the immaterium as well, billowing shockwaves of emotion that caught, no, DEMANDED the blood gods attention. Raving daemons were silenced, psykers screamed with agony, and for all but a moment, the galaxy was still as they heard this warriors cry to the heavens. It was a name, a name that would echo on throughout the heavens and had been since its birth, a sign of damnation to any and all who heard its tones. Mordecai had only said but a word, but the word was all that was nessesary to emulate the warriors struggle.

And down, deep within the bowels of the god-machines controls, sat two individuals. One, a pony. An alabaster goddess amongst her people. And the other, a human man, wearing a large coat with a ridiculisly large collar and smoking an old cigar. And as they sat there, preparing to burn ponyville to a smoking ruin, they looked up.

And they both smiled

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!

Author's Note:

Yes, yes, this was a joke chapter. Not in any way professional and in no way serious. Thats why I didn't waste a perfectly good sci-fi refrence on the title. I am working on the next chapter as we speak and just wanted to throw the tactical genius meme in there. Hope you all had a lol.

Comments ( 10 )

warhammer crossover with out comedy tag... i must read

Bwahahahaha :rainbowlaugh:

Why do I feel really bad for not understanding the reference? :unsuresweetie:

Comment posted by The_Master deleted Mar 8th, 2013

2234482 Cheers, can't believe I didn't understand that. I feel bad now.
Then again, I don't really play the TTG. I used to, but I was always more of an Eldar person.

Canterlot actually being an Imperator Titan is actually a good idea. But given the proportions and scale of time an Eldar titan would work better.

2246573 Eldar titans? I dont see it.

2478974 My headcanon actually usually dictates discord as tzeentch, I only made an exception here because I've got plans for the both of them. :raritywink:

Hehehehehe...

Login or register to comment