• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 1,748 Views, 46 Comments

Order and Chaos - The_Master



A Chaos space marine goes to equestria, how about that.

  • ...
9
 46
 1,748

A long time ago, In a galaxy far, far away...

Order and Chaos, chapter one.

Aurelia

In the grim darkness, of the far future, there is only war. The Blood Ravens were departing Aurelia, having just finished mopping up a recent infestation of the black legion. Omnis Arcanum, the battle barge in the system that happened to double as their fortress-monastary, was preparing to warp jump back to a recruiting planet.

And one particular 10th company scout, was almost about to shit himself.

Latinus Nameicus was to deliver the field report to their commander directly, and he had no idea what could happen. Some of the 1st company vets were talking to him about even for the most hardcore marine, it was difficult to stand in his presence. He had no idea what this meant, but the smirks they were wearing weren't in the least comforting. It was as if he was about to do something horribly foolish, and he couldn't avoid it. Assholes.

He entered the bridge, and there he was. Head shining like the astronomican itself, was force commander Indrick Boreale. Latinus had heard the legends, he who single-handedly crushed an ork "WAAAGH!", the forces of chaos, two renegade imperial factions and countless other foes during the campaign on Kaurava IV. The greatest and baldest of them all. He thought he shoud probably speak up and get this over with, he was an astartes after all, what peril could he not face?

"Commander Boreale, the mission went smoothly. The forces of chaos were completely destroyed."

"Wur tehre any surhvivores?"

"E-excuse me sir?"

"I sed wur tehre any surhvivores."

He was appalled, force commander boreale had a speech impedement! It was all latinus could do not to break down in nervous giggling, but to laugh at a superior officer, he shuddered at the consequences.

"Ahem, there was one chaos marine who survived sir, we are tracking his position across the planet's surface."

"Ohnley one?

"Y-yes sir."

"Hmmm, teh shituashion dictates dat deep strike would be inappropriate to deel wif teh current threat."

"Uh, what do you suppose we do?" barely containing himself.

"Cohntacht de Ashashinorum. We ahre duhploying an evashore."


Planetary surface

Mordecai was not pleased. The plan to engulf the planet in a warp storm had failed. All his battle brothers were dead, their shrines and summoning circles destroyed. He was alone. He was alone and he had nothing to work with. He made his way across the icy wasteland, passing the bodies of his fellow traitor marines.

"Maybe if I made a sacrifice to tzeentch, I could open a warp portal and escape." he thought. "But I'm going to need something to-"

He heard a crack! There was someone, or something, nearby. Mordecai whirled around, preparing his bolt pistol and chain-sword. He heard a sound.

"Wryyyyyyy."

There were few things an astartes feared, and once they embraced chaos, even less so; but if there was one thing in the materium that could scare a chaos space marine, it was an eversor assassin. Efficiently designed to brutally eviscerate anything in it's path, the mindless agents of the eversor temple were true work's of art, beautiful in their "I'm going to gut you like a fish" kind of way. The thing charged, power sword and executioner pistol in hand. Mordecai responded by letting off a few rounds from his bolt pistol.

"Die mindless toilet worshiper!" he roared.

Eversors didn't care about insults however, all they wanted was to kill, maim, and burn their assigned target and everyone around that target with a brutality that would shock even some khornate berserkers. The deadly bolt rounds whizzed past it and blasted into the ice, detonating and spraying shrapnel everywhere. It took a swipe with it's power sword, which was immediately blocked by a parry with Mordecai's chain-sword. Adamantium teeth met energized steel with an impressive display of sparks. The monster garbled and screeched as it did when it was about to kill something graphically, and began attacking even more furiously than before. Mind you, the creature wasn't angry, don't misunderstand. It just loved it's work oh so very, very much. Barely parrying the furious onslaught, Mordecai managed to get in a lucky shot in where he struck the thing across the face with the back of his armored hand, sending it flying over a large chunk of ice. Not wasting time, he grabbed the body of a nearby blood raven marine and got to work. In what most would consider an impressive display of swordsmanship he cut the icy surface into a sacrificial circle, incomprehensible to most. As blood dripped down filling the channels and making a red ritual circle, he drew runes and symbols in what remained of the marines blood.

"Now if I work quickly, this will probably send me to a friendly daemon world." he said to no one.

Mordecai began chanting in a low mumbling voice, and the circle began glowing with warp energy. As the ritual was almost complete however, the recovered eversor came around the ice chunk, intent on ripping him apart. This distraction broke Mordecai from his trance, and he whirled around and cast a quick pyromancy blast, intent on incinerating his opponent. The warp however, was a fickle thing, and the new spell disrupted his ritual.

"No! You fool!"

A ball of energy collected, enveloping Mordecai as he was rendered immoble. The assassin didn't understand what was going on and only saw that his target was disabled. Using the "opportunity", the assassin lunged, knocking both it and Mordecai completly into the portal.

"No! don-" but he was cut off as the warp ball disappeared, taking with it it's deadly cargo. And deep within the warp, Tzeentch observed the entire affair, smiling to himself as he mumbled.

"Just as planned."


Canterlot

Mordecai tried opening his eyes, the bright yellow sun hurt temporarily, but soon died down as he adjusted and tried assessing where he was and what his surroundings were like. As he finally creaked open his eyelids, a blurry pink blob came into focus. As he tried to assess what was going on, he realised that he was on his back, and the, thing, was standing over him.

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie!"

"Gah! Get off me xenos scum!" Mordecai leaped onto his feet and looked around. There were multiple xenos, all roughly resembling the biology of terran equines. He counted how many there were, seeing there to be twenty-nine of the creatures, twenty of which were seemingly an armed guard of some sort, as they all sported the same armor. The three closest to him seemed to be the biggest threat. The largest was stark white, standing at least twice as tall as any other, "pony" in the room, excepting the two that accompanied it. That seemed to be what they were, ponies. The big one had a long horn protruding from its forehead, with large powerful looking wings. the other two shared the same features, with different coats and manes. There were six behind it, one was the pink one standing on him earlier. She(He assumed they were female) had no outstanding features physically, along with an orange one that shared that plain physiology. the other four were split into a yellow and blue one who had wings and a white and purple one that had horns. Maybe they were sub-species or something.

The other two who flanked the leader were probably high-ups as well, as they shared the big ones physiology, Wings and a horn. The pink one looked slimmer than the other two and less aggressive, pegging her at a lower threat evaluation, not going to underestimate if it comes to that, but it never hurts.

Then he got to the blue one, and stopped. He didn't know what it was, her starry mane, her armor or what, but when he looked at that blue one, he got the same feeling he got when he first looked upon his primarch, Horus. This didn't make any sense! She-she didn't even resemble Horus in the slightest! But something about her, that serious demeanor, that tactical gaze, the way she carried herself, somehow Mordecai was stunned.

"Who are you, all of you! And where am I!?"

The tall white one stepped forth. "We were about to ask the same of you, visitor. As for your location, you are in the throne room of canterlot, capitol of the nation of equestria."

Mordecai analysed this. He was probably on some undiscovered world where-no, no that cant be it. This didn't look right. He still looked the same, but he was different. The tones, the colors, they were less, gritty. Even just the natural colors of things, they were softer, cartoony. This cant be reality, this, this must be some different dimention! Curse the warp and it's tricks! After a long silence, he spoke.

"I am Mordecai, space marine of the black legion. favoured servants of the ruinous powers."

The blue one stepped forth defensivly. "These, "Ruinous powers" you speak of, do they have hostile intent?

Mordecai sighed, this was going to be a looong day.