• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 9,129 Views, 3,240 Comments

My Little Caboose II: Friendship is Fragmented! - DarkWing



Church, finally freed from his stone prison after a month of having Discord trapped in his mind along with him, must readjust to the pony world with nothing but twisted memories, as well a group of equally twisted friends.

  • ...
32
 3,240
 9,129

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11 - "Disappearing Acts"

"I still find it hard to believe that Discord just whisked away like that," Twilight said thoughtfully, glancing through the books on her shelf. "But I'm sure that the other nations around us will notify the princesses if they find him anywhere. There isn't any way he could go around unnoticed."

"I'm sure he could if he tried," Church muttered. "What better way to cause chaos than to disappear without a trace leaving people on edge their entire lives, wondering when he'll come up next?"

"That would make sense, but Discord seems to prefer being there himself to see the action," she said. "I still find it strange... you would think he'd have a grudge against us and choose to stay close."

"Yeah, well it's too bad I don't know anything about that," he said, looking at Tex who continued giving him a strange, blank stare. "You okay Tex?"

"I think so," she muttered. Looking over to Twilight, she cleared her throat slightly. "Twilight, Spike, do you think you could go make us some coffee or something? I need to have a private chat with Church."

"Sure thing," Twilight said as she hopped off her chair. "Come on, Spike. Let's let them talk."

"Right," he grunted, jumping off of his chair to follow her.

Tex kept her eyes glued to the unicorn and her assistant until they had left hearing range, then turned to Church and squinted at him.

"Are you mad at me or something?" he asked quietly.

"You're lying about Discord," she grunted.

"What? I'm not-" he began, but stopped and sighed at the loo Tex was giving him. She knows him and there was no use hiding from her. "Okay, maybe I'm not telling the whole truth, but I'm not lying one hundred percent."

"Tell me the truth."

"I don't think I-"

"Church, tell me the truth," she said again, but her voice was not angry.

"Fine," he sighed. "Right before I got freed from the stone prison, I promised Discord that in exchange for him not tormenting me for eternity, I would not chase him if we got free. The other stuff I said was true. I'm not sure how Discord managed to spirit away, and I don't know where he is."

"But he didn't free you, so you don't need to go through with your promise," she said.

"And? Why the fuck should it be up to me to save lives?" he inquired angrily. "When I went into the unit after you, I thought I'd just be able to relax ever so slightly, but I didn't. When we were told we had to stay here until we got our marks, I thought I'd get some rest. I didn't. Then I thought that when I let the girls turn me to stone, I'd finally get what I wanted. I didn't. Instead I got tormented for a month, which felt like a century by the way, only to wake up and be split mentally and physically once again. So fuck looking for Discord. Since life has a way of pouring shit onto me, I'm sure he'll pop up again anyways, but for now he's somebody else's problem. I doubt I'll be relaxed anyways, but at least I'll be in a better state of mind relative to what I would be if I tried tracking him down."

"But-"

"But nothing, Tex. It's not like I have any leads to his whereabouts. I'd have less luck looking for him than the entire damn planet would," he snapped. His ears twitched slightly as the blue pony to his left began to move. "We'll talk about this later."

"I doubt that," she sighed.

"Church? Church! You are back!" Caboose cried out in joy, trying to wrestle his way out from under the covers, only to find himself stuck. "Where are you?"

"I'm right here," he replied, lightly grabbing the blanket with his magic, tossing it to the side.

Twilight and Spike entered back into the room just in time to see Caboose tackle Church off of his chair. Church pulled away from the bubbly stallion and managed to get to his hooves. Laughing at the way he glared at Caboose, Twilight put the tray of drinks onto the table.

"What are you laughing at?" Church inquired, shifting his glare onto Twilight as he sat at the table.

"You know why," she giggled, taking a seat with him, taking a small sip out of her cup. "By the way, you might want to move."

Before Church could even think to reply, dozens of books flew off the shelves as a large pink pony darted out of the bookshelf, once again knocking Church out of his chair. Church yelped as he sailed across the room, tumbling through the sky, hearing nothing but an all to familiar laugh. He then landed on his hooves, face to face with his amiably assailant.

"Heya, Churchie!" Pinkie laughed as she pulled him in for a giant hug. "I'm so happy you're back!"

"You are?" he inquired breathlessly. "I didn't think you really liked me all that much."

"Hey, you might be a meanie pants sometimes, but you're our meanie pants," she said, smiling brightly at him as she hugged him tighter. "And that means more than anything!"

"Thanks, Pinkie," he said, returning her hug ever so slightly. "So how have you been?"

"I've been okay, I guess. Things are more boring without Caboose around Sugarcube Corner, but I new he was really sad when you left, so I didn't mind when he decided to be a good friend and stayed with the girls. He knew that the girls missed him too, so he wanted to be there for them when they needed him, just lie you were there for me!"

"Yeah, I heard," he coughed roughly. "Okay, starting to have a little trouble breathing now."

"Whoops, sorry," she said, releasing him.

"It's okay."

"And now that you're back, Caboose can come back too! I'll need his help to prepare your welcome back party," she said, then her smile fell a little bit when she saw Church sigh. "Unless you don't want a party, that is. I know that you like being left alone sometimes..."

"No, I'd like you to throw me a party, but do you think you could meet me halfway and throw the party in a few days rather than right now. I'd like to get back into the swing of things. Maybe have some dreamless sleep while I'm at it."

"Anything for a friend, Church!" Pinkie smiled. "So where are the others? At Applejack's again?"

"You got it," he replied instantly, not surprised that she knew that the other AIs were back as well.

"Come on, Boosey," Pinkie said, crawling back into the bookshelf. "Let's let Church get some sleep! I'm sure you need some too."

"I also need some three!" Caboose said, jumping into the bookcase with her.

PreviousChapters Next