• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 9,127 Views, 3,240 Comments

My Little Caboose II: Friendship is Fragmented! - DarkWing



Church, finally freed from his stone prison after a month of having Discord trapped in his mind along with him, must readjust to the pony world with nothing but twisted memories, as well a group of equally twisted friends.

  • ...
32
 3,240
 9,127

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 73 - "Outcasted"

Tucker and Wash just managed to get back into cover as the aliens began firing at them.

"So much for them being on our side," Grif yelled sarcastically over the sound of the gunfire. "If this is how they treat their friends, I'd hate to be against them."

"Shut up and take them out," Washington said, popping out of cover to shoot one of the dozen aliens in the face.

"Heh, my pleasure!" Sarge whooped, popping out from behind a crate near the door, nailing an alien in the stomach with some shotgun shells. Three of the aliens turned and looked at him. "Uh-oh."

"[William, ceasefire. Nobody else has to die,]" Junior said from the ground, unarmed.

"[They've already killed our friends, and we're already down more. Their fate has been sealed,]" William said simply. "[Advance down the crates, keep in cover.]"

Unfortunately for the aliens, the Reds and Blues were too spread out to be dealt with accordingly. Everytime one nearly got the drop on one of them, another sprouted up from behind another crate and shot them before they could do any damage. Soon enough, only William and Junior stood at the entrance. With a snarl of frustration, William grabbed Junior by the neck and held him in front of him as a meat shield.

"[Lay down your weapons or I kill our half-blood leader,]" William growled, holding his weapon up to Junior's jaw.

"[Then what will you do?]" Junior asked curiously. "[If you kill me, they'll gun you down. Even if you manage to get out, the men outside will kill you the instant they see you. You have no leverage, and they will not put themselves to death for my life.]"

William remained silent and snarled again, pushing the barrel of his carbine into the bottom part of Junior's maw.

"[If I kill you, at least I would have done that much,]" he grunted, tightening his finger on the trigger.

Before William could pop a shot off, however, Junior elbowed William in the chest, making him drop his weapon. As William recoiled and attempted to grab his stomach, Junior kicked his weapon out of reach.

"[I should have known it would end like this,]" William hissed. "[As soon as you and your idiotic father came in—]"

William choked as Junior grabbed him by the neck and lifted him off the ground.

"[What are you—"]" William began, but was cut short when Junior twisted sharply, breaking his neck in an instant.

"[Don't talk about my dad that way,]" Junior growled, dropping William to the ground.

"[That was badass,]" Tucker said happily, jogging quickly to Junior's side as Junior stared at William while the others did the same.

"[I learned it from the best...]" Junior muttered humorlessly, looking at the aliens surrounding him.

"[Sorry about your friends...]" Tucker added quietly.

"[These ones were not my friends. I had my suspicions that William would bring the aliens that had his same beliefs and do something like this. The aliens that truly stood for peace... The ones that truly believe humans can be coexisted with... They're still at the base. If I fall, Maximillion will remain in charge. Having aliens that doubt peace would spread doubt throughout the ranks. This was more of a way of weeding them out.]"

"[Do the others know?]"

"[I don't know. Probably.]" Junior sighed deeply.

"[Well... what happens now?]"

Junior thought for a moment as he looked at the others. He then turned around and began to walk down the hallway. "[Tell your friends that I'll scout ahead and try to help you out of here. If they are waiting outside, I will do my best to cause a distraction.]"

"[Wait, what?]" Tucker inquired.

"[I let this happen. I was hoping I could stop and convince them not to do anything rash, but they ran in ahead. While alien-human relations may not be completely eradicated since it was just a small group, this will certainly push us back quite a few years. And after this, I'm sure your kind will think that I was in charge and influenced them to attack.]"

"[But you didn't do shit,]" Tucker countered.

"[I know that. You know that. But they don't, and I doubt they'd believe me. Besides, since the operation will continue with or without me, the least I can do is help you make it out of here alive.]"

"[Why don't you come with us, then? If the aliens will still try for peace without you, why don't you tag along with us? You know, start a new life.]"

"[I barely fit in with most aliens...]" Junior grunted slowly, looking to Carolina who was now fully bandaged.

"[Hey, being an outcast is pretty much a prerequisite to hang with us,]" Tucker said, waving his hand to the other side of the room.

Tucker and Junior watched as Washington helped Carolina up. She tried grabbing her grappling gun with her hand, but flexing even in the slightest ways sent pain shooting through her arm and she began to stumble back, only to be caught by Caboose and Grif. She offered them a small, grateful nod, then got back to her feet on her own. She grabbed the grappling gun once again, this time ready for the pain, and clenched her fist around the handle. She cringed, but this time she was prepared for it and began to lift it, aiming it around the room.

"[I did always feel at home when I was with you,]" Junior added as they saw her walk forward, trying her best to block out the pain. "[Still, even if I join you, how will you all make it out of here?]"

"[We kind of have an escape strategy,]" Tucker said, looking at the Epsilon unit which Washington still had clipped to his back.

"[A secret exit?]"

"[It's more of a secret entrance. And not the kind that guys try to sweet-talk ladies into letting them use every once and a while.]"

Tucker and Junior stared right at each other, knowing what they both wanted to say. Before they could, Carolina stepped next to him and put her good hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Tucker asked.

"Not too great," she admitted. Looking to the only living alien in the room, she coughed. "So this is your... son?"

"Yeah, he is..."

Tucker had expected her to say something about it, but she only held out her good hand to Junior. Junior looked to Tucker, who tilted his head back to her. Junior slowly grabbed her hand and shook it firmly.

"Tell him it's nice to meet him. Then tell him thanks for saving us back there." Turning around, Carolina walked up to the entrance to the hallway, stepping over the bodies as she made her way here. "Shame about them, though. But we should probably find Discord and throw him in the unit soon. We don't have much time before the UNSC come in to kill you all..."

"[What's she saying?]" Junior asked as the Reds and Blues started walking towards the door.

"[She says it's nice to meet you and thanked you for sticking up for us. She also said that we should probably leave soon unless we want to be killed, and that she's sorry about your friends.]"

"[What's there to be sorry about? I think you're all fine,]" Junior chuckled, striding past Tucker. On his way to Carolina, he stopped by William and grabbed his carbine. After making sure it was loaded, he made his way to Carolina, nodded at her, then lifted the carbine and started down the hallway.

Tucker smiled as Carolina looked back at him, and he joined Junior at the front of the group.

"Hey, you already took one bullet for me. If I don't stand at the front, your dumb ass might be killed," Tucker said sarcastically.

"Careful what you say or I'll see to it that I bring you idiots down with me," Carolina retorted, grabbing her magnum with her good arm as she looked back to the others. "Let's find Discord and get the hell out of here before we have more capable guns pointing down our throats."

PreviousChapters Next