• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 9,129 Views, 3,240 Comments

My Little Caboose II: Friendship is Fragmented! - DarkWing



Church, finally freed from his stone prison after a month of having Discord trapped in his mind along with him, must readjust to the pony world with nothing but twisted memories, as well a group of equally twisted friends.

  • ...
32
 3,240
 9,129

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23 - "Different Tastes"

"Five of your biggest drinks and one of your smallest," Tucker said, throwing a few bits onto the counter.

"And a menu, if you got one," Grif added before the barmare began making the drinks. Catching the menu the pegasus pushed to him, he began to sift through it, trying to find what was the most amount of food he could get for the least amount of money.

"Anything look good?" Tucker asked jokingly.

"Not really. I miss stuff like burgers and hot dogs," Grif sighed.

"Yeah, but we've been eating hay and shit while we've been here and it's tasted fine," Tucker said quietly, too low for anyone other than Grif to hear. "Our taste buds must have changed when we did, so meat could taste like shit to us now."

"Ugh, don't remind me," Grif said with a shudder. "I've been eating mostly healthy stuff ever since I got here and I hate it."

"Doesn't Pinkie help with a fucking bakery? Why not just go there and ask for sugary stuff every day?"

"And deal with Caboose every time? He's alright with me in small amounts, but I don't think I could handle a daily dose," Grif said as he turned to the barmare, tossing some bits to her. "I guess I'll just have some fries. I'll be in the quiet area of the club with all the booths."

"Alrighty," she said with a nod. "Want us to bring the drinks too?"

"Nah, we'll wait here for those," Tucker chirped.

"Okay, the drinks will be ready in a minute or so, and the fries should be out in fifteen minutes."

"Sounds good," Grif said.

"So how are things with you and Fluttershy?" Tucker asked idly.

"Pretty great. As sappy as this place is, it's infinitely better than the canyon where I couldn't go three seconds with getting yelled at. I get to sleep as much as I want and Fluttershy always has a lot of spare food lying around. In return, all I have to do is watch a handful of animals while I'm eating. It's pretty perfect."

"That's really all you do, huh?" Tucker asked with a smirk. "I guess you're kind of laid back, but I gotta be honest, I don't see how or why she puts up with you on account of you being a lazy sack of shit."

"To be honest, neither do I," Grif admitted curiously. "I think it's because I saved Angel a few months back. That damned rabbit may be kind of an asshole, but she really likes it, so I guess she thinks she owes me."

"And it's not like you're going to complain about getting free food and a place to hide from Sarge," Tucker added.

"Exactly," Grif laughed.

"Got your drinks here," the mare said, pushing a small tray with half a dozen glasses on it towards the pair. "Fries will be out soon."

"Great," Tucker said, grabbing the tray with his teeth. "Let's go."

As Tucker walked towards the crowd, he expected to have trouble carrying the drinks and expected them to fall. To his delight, the ponies in the club moved out of his way, not wanting to spill their drinks. Because of this, they quickly found their way back to the table, where Tucker placed the tray and hopped back into the booth. As he and Rainbow Dash grabbed some of the larger glasses, Fluttershy tilted her head at the small glass with the light blue drink in it. Knowing it was hers, she grabbed it off the tray and placed it in front of her.

"So what did we miss?" Tucker asked after taking a drink.

"Was just making sure Fluttershy didn't run off," Rainbow Dash said playfully. "But not much, we kinda just talked. Feels like we never get to talk anymore. Though I guess now that we don't have to watch you sorry stallions anymore, that'll free up some time."

"Hey, I think I probably spent more time watching you than you ever did me," Tucker said with a wink.

"I'm sure you did," she snorted. She then turned and watched as Fluttershy took a small sip out of her drink. "How is it?"

"It tastes... sweet," Fluttershy said with a smile. "I thought this was supposed to taste bitter."

"Yeah, the girly drinks usually do taste a little fruity," Tucker chuckled, taking a swig off his own. "The stuff back home was way better."

"Y'know, you guys really don't talk about your old lives," Rainbow Dash said quietly. "You guys have talked about how terrible the canyon was, but you never talked about how your lives were before that."

"Because besides me getting laid around the clock, it wasn't that interesting," Tucker muttered.

"Right," she muttered, rolling her eyes. "Didn't you have any family? What were they like?'

"My family was... interesting, I guess," he said thoughtfully, mind drifting to Junior.

"And?"

"We'll just leave it at that," he mumbled. It would be hard enough to explain that he had a son, let alone an alien son that he himself birthed.

"Fine," Rainbow Dash sighed, then smiled at Grif. "How about you, Grif? Anything interesting?"

Grif raised a brow.

"Sorry, I forgot who I was asking," Rainbow Dash sighed, sinking back into her seat. "You'd think you guys would have awesome stories being soldiers or whatever."

"Yeah, put emphasis on the whatever part," Grif said. "If you really want to hear war stories, go get Sarge to talk to you. I'm sure then you'll regret asking that question."

"Yeah... no thanks," she grunted, not wanting to hear Sarge exaggerate about his past so-called accomplishments. "It's funny, we never really consider you guys, like, aliens or anything."

"I think it's because of my hot bod," Tucker said, flexing slightly. "Nobody can resist the Tuck-n-Fuck express. First stop, your bedroom. The ride is a little rough, but we'll always get there just on time. If you look out the window to your left, you'll see a-"

"We got it, you're a pervert," she snorted, turning to talk to Fluttershy, only to see that the glass in front of her was empty.

"Heh, you drank that pretty fast there. Want another one?' Tucker asked, reaching for her glass to put it back on the tray.

"Maybe in a bit," Fluttershy mumbled hesitantly, remembering what Rainbow Dash said about limits.

"Good move. I don't want you getting completely messed up," Grif murmured, taking a small drink out of his. "Hangovers are assholes, and I don't think you want to have one. Somebody like you doesn't deserve that stuff."

"Thank you," she said, blushing slightly.

"Here are your fries," a different female pegasus said, pushing a plate in front of Grif.

"Awesome, thanks!" Grif said happily. Turning to the fries, he took a deep breath and looked around. "Before I start, do you guys want any?"

"I have a feeling if my hoof is in there when you start, you'll bite it off, so no thanks," Tucker grunted defensively, taking his hooves off the table.

"I'm good too," Rainbow Dash said, smiling at Tucker's reaction.

"What about you?" Grif asked, looking at Fluttershy. "This plate is about to become a danger zone pretty soon."

"I'm okay," she assured him.

"Fantastic then," Grif said, and in an instant, he smashed his face into the pile of fries and began to eat.

PreviousChapters Next