• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 9,129 Views, 3,240 Comments

My Little Caboose II: Friendship is Fragmented! - DarkWing



Church, finally freed from his stone prison after a month of having Discord trapped in his mind along with him, must readjust to the pony world with nothing but twisted memories, as well a group of equally twisted friends.

  • ...
32
 3,240
 9,129

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19 - "Elements, Reporting for Duty"

"So besides makin' an actual army or tellin' th' town about Discord comin' back, what else can we do?" Applejack asked, giving Sarge a serious look.

"I'm not sure, there doesn't seem to be many options," Twilight sighed, feeling trapped.

Just then, the books on the nearby bookshelf flew outwards and a bouncing Pinkie came through it, followed by an equally bouncy Caboose.

"Sorry for busting in like this. I think that when I was in here last I dropped my-" Pinkie started, only to stop when she saw all the others in the room. She then began to pout at Church, feeling slightly hurt. "Hey, I thought you said you didn't want to throw a party."

"This isn't a party, Pinkie," he sighed. "We're just making plans for-"

"A surprise party? Oh boy, I love surprise parties!" she exclaimed, jumping around the room. "Well, I love parties in general, but surprise parties are the greatest! Who's it for? Is it for me? Is that why you didn't tell me? No, because then you would have gotten Caboose to come here because he likes parties too. Or is the party for him and you didn't want to tell me in case I spilled the beans?"

"We're not planning a surprise party, we're making plans for if Discord comes back," he grunted, holding his hoof up to silence her when she began to speak. "And no, we're not planning a party for him."

"Unless the party involves using him as a piƱata and sharp objects as the bat," Sarge said. "I recommend we practice using said objects on Grif to ensure that they are in peak condition."

"Violence doesn't solve anything, Sarge. We're looking for a non-violent way to handle the situation."

"That's your ponies' problem," Sarge scoffed. "You always try to be more peaceful when faced with challenges instead of doing the right thing."

"Hurting others isn't the right thing, even to somepony as twisted as Discord."

"Oh really now? Has not being violent been working? I mean, scientifically speaking, has not hurting someone achieved the desired results? Because Discord's gotten free twice, and he wouldn't have if we just pulled the trigger and cut the head off the snake."

"He sorta has a point," Simmons said reluctantly, earning him a gasp from the girls. "What? I'm not saying we should do that. I'm just saying that if he was gone, then we wouldn't have to worry about anything."

"Trapping him is enough," Twilight said quietly.

"Pretty sure Sarge just showed you that it isn't," Tucker grunted.

"It would work if we turned him into stone and threw him into the depths of the ocean," Church grunted. "You know, out of the way of civilization. So deep that it will never be found in a million years."

"Well we can't turn him into stone at any time since we don't have the Elements of Harmony," Twilight mumbled. "They're locked away in Canterlot, being protected by some of the best guards the Princesses have to offer."

"Why don't we ask for them?" Caboose asked curiously, taking a seat right next to Church.

"Because I..." she trailed off, then scratched her chin. "I hadn't thought of that. I'm not sure if the Princesses would be up for that idea."

"It's worth a shot," Rainbow Dash said with a limp shrug.

Twilight then got Spike to take a letter, explaining that since Discord is free, it would be good if they had the Elements to use on him. The group waited in silence for several minutes as they awaited a response. Suddenly, a blindingly gold flash erupted from the center of the room, causing the others to look away instinctively. Looking back to the area where the flash originated, the group saw a white chest with gold patterns all over it. Spike then let out a magical burp and a letter flew out of his mouth. Twilight walked over to Spike and grabbed the letter from him, promptly unraveling it.

"What does the letter say, Twilight?" Rarity asked as she and the others approached either the box or Twilight.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle. With the recent development of Discord and his unknown whereabouts, I believe that your request is acceptable and is the best course of action. There is no use for us having the Elements of Harmony when we cannot even use them. Because of this, the Elements of Harmony are now yours to be looked after. They are locked away inside a box only you as the bearers can open. I simply request that you only use them if Discord chooses to appear, or if you feel it is truly necessary to save lives," Twilight said quietly as Rainbow Dash went to open up the box. "But the Elements are not the only thing I have put inside there for safekeeping."

Rainbow Dash pushed the button on the box, watching with curiosity as the box began to glow faintly. The box creaked open, and as the Elements of Harmony were revealed, another all too familiar object was seen sitting between them.

"Please no," Church whined, recognizing the look of the object sitting with the Elements of Harmony.

"In the face of danger, the stallions you were charged with watching have proven to be extremely brave and trustworthy," she continued, eyes glued to the paper. "Because of this, I am also entrusting you all with the Necronomicon."

"Hello, everyone!" Ol'Necky boomed happily. "Did you miss me?'

"I know that the Necronomicon is a dangerous artifact, but I feel that the Elements of Harmony and Chaos can watch it with more care and attention than I could with my sister. As you all know, the Necronomicon is a very dangerous book to be read by mortal eyes, so only Church may read it and use it, but only if the situation is dire," Twilight said. "I also know that Church probably wishes you could send him back, but you must realize that I cannot watch him as well as you all can, so he must stay with you in the library."

"Heh, guess you guys are stuck with me," the Necronomicon chuckled.

"God fucking dammit," Church growled. "Every time things start looking slightly up, they get way worse."

"Aw, don't be like that. You'll make my ink run," the book pouted.

"Alright, what else did she say?" he asked, turning to Twilight, knowing that there was still more bad news to come.

"Since we concluded that they are only dangerous to themselves, the time of you sending me reports about their behavior is over. But that does not mean their trials are over yet. Now I wish for them to do what you once did, and what I wish for you to resume doing with them. Though they have proven to be trustworthy, they still have much to learn about our world. But there is only show much you can show them. There is much they have to learn through experience," Twilight said. "As of this moment I want the stallions to start sending me friendship reports alongside yours. Yours truly, Princess Celestia."

The girls fell silent as Twilight stared at the letter sternly. The guys looked at each other blankly, unsure of what Celestia really requested of them. And for some reason the girls felt that this was going to be the most difficult thing the guys have ever done, but they didn't know why.

"What the hell is a friendship report?" Tucker asked.

"No idea, but it sounds fucking retarded," Grif grunted.

"Nobody asked you, you idiot," Sarge grunted, hitting Grif on the back of his head.

And then they remembered why they felt that way.

PreviousChapters Next