• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 9,113 Views, 3,240 Comments

My Little Caboose II: Friendship is Fragmented! - DarkWing



Church, finally freed from his stone prison after a month of having Discord trapped in his mind along with him, must readjust to the pony world with nothing but twisted memories, as well a group of equally twisted friends.

  • ...
32
 3,240
 9,113

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21 - "For Your Inconsideration"

"Guess that's means it's time for me t' leave too," Applejack chuckled, starting out the door. "Ah'll catch y'all later. Should probably stop Sarge before he tears down th' farm so he can rebuild it just t' prove a point."

"I suppose we should be going too," Rarity said, stepping towards the door with her head held high. "Come, Simmons. Inspiration has struck me and I simply must write it down before I forget it."

"Coming," he said as he trotted to her side.

"I know you tire of this, but it is good to have you back, Church," she said as she stopped by the door. "I do hope you can find something to write to the Princess that doesn't involve using vulgarities like Texas is doing."

"I like my way better. But thanks, it was good to see you girls again," he said, nodding politely at her.

"Bye, Rarity," Spike spoke up as her and Simmons walked out.

"Goodbye, Spikey-Wikey," she said with a sweet smile, closing the door behind her.

"Are you guys going to go too?" Church asked, to the remaining three pairs of ponies.

"We don't have anywhere to be," Rainbow Dash said with a shrug. "Do you guys want to go to town and do something?"

"Dash, we talked about this a while back," Tucker sighed, shaking his head at her. "These guys don't do things. They're used to standing around canyons all day."

"Or sleeping in the shade of a tree in a canyon," Grif added.

"Yeah, or that."

"You did it just as long as they, did but you like doing things," Rainbow Dash said, raising a playful brow.

"Yeah, but there's lots of things I love doing that are even longer than that," he said coolly. "Besides, Simmons is lame, Sarge is insane, Church is an asshole, Grif is lazy, and Caboose is oblivious to anything that isn't simple."

"All of those things are true," Church admitted.

"But lucky for you, I'm me, and I'm great."

"That's debatable," she snorted, then turned to the others. "How about it, you guys want to stuff?"

"I'd love to, but I need to catch up with Daring," Ol'Necky sighed sadly. "I need to make sure she isn't mad at me for just leaving her like that."

"Wasn't really talking to you, but alrighty then," Rainbow Dash said quietly as she made eye contact with her oldest friend. "You want to do something?"

"Maybe," Fluttershy said meekly, looking towards Grif. "Do you?"

"I don't know, you heard the man-stallion. You know I'm lazy. Not only that, but I'm pretty eager to get back to sleep," Grif yawned.

"Okay, I understand," she sighed quietly, hanging her head.

"Well... I guess we haven't actually hung out in a while, and I guess I am already awake..." he grunted. With a shrug, he stepped between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. "What the hell. As long as it involves eating, I think it can balance back out."

"Alright, Fluttershy and Grif are on board," Rainbow Dash said happily, turning to her usually party-hungry friend. "Pinkie? Do you and Caboose want to come too?"

"Not this time, Dashie," Pinkie said, to her surprise. "I promised the Cakes that I would with the twins tonight, so I'm a little busy."

"Uh, Pinkie?" Church began.

"Shh, it will be better for her if she figures it out," Twilight sighed, quieting him.

"Figure out what?" Pinkie asked, tilting her head. her eyes shot open and she shot towards the door, holding onto Caboose. "Ohmygoshthetwins!"

"Okay then, that's a no for those two," Rainbow Dash said, looking at Church.

"Nah, I don't want to cramp your style," Church said. "I'll stay here and watch Tex write her letter. See if I can copy what she wrote."

"Good idea, mind making me a copy?" Grif asked brightly.

"This isn't high school, you know..." Tex growled, blocking their view of her writing with her other foreleg.

"Twilight?" Rainbow Dash said.

"I'm good, I need to make sure they don't make Spike send any more letters they may regret," Twilight muttered. Spike then belched out a letter, making Twilight groan as she lifted it to her eyes with her magi. "Speaking of..."

"Hang on, that should probably be for me, right? It's pretty rude to open up another person's mail," Church coughed.

"I suppose," Twilight agreed as Church grabbed it from her.

"Let's see what Princess Sun Ass has to s-" Church began as he unraveled the scroll, only to stop as a stream of water shot into his face. Sputtering, Church glared at the letter and tossed it to the ground as Tex and the others laughed at him. "Spike. Take a-"

"Church, don't," Twilight warned him. "You're lucky she replied with that. She knows how stressed you are, so she decided to take your letter lightly. I don't want you to test her patience."

"Fine," he muttered, wiping his face with a sheet of paper he took from the table. "Do you think she wants the other fragments to write to her as well?"

"I'm not sure, why?"

"Because I'd be happy to tell O'Malley to write to her about the things he's learned," he growled spitefully. "Hell, maybe even Gary calling her a stupid shisno would make me feel a little better."

"Glad to see you're back to normal, buddy," Tucker said sarcastically, giving Church a quick pat on the back before heading towards the door with the other pegasi. "Guess we'll leave you to being the sorry sack of shit you are."

"Have fun for me," Church said, giving them a small wave.

"That's a silly notion," Ol'Necky said seriously. "All the fun in the world wouldn't make you smile."

"Paperboy has a point," Tucker laughed.

"That he does," Church admitted yet again. "I was really just saying that because I wanted you to leave."

"Right back at you," he said, walking out the door with the others. Once the four of them were outside, they stopped and looked to each other. "What do you guys want to do?"

"I already told you, as long as it involves food of any kind, I'm good," Grif said, looking to the stars in the sky.

"Yeah, but we don't like eating as much as you do," Rainbow Dash said, rolling her eyes. ''We want to do something fun, not go to a restaurant."

"Hey, it doesn't have to be a restaurant. I'm sure there's somewhere that we can go that has food and is fun."

"How about the Mile?" Tucker suggested. "Haven't been there in a while, and I'm pretty sure that place has food."

"The Mile? But that's all the way at Cloudsdale," Fluttershy said quietly, taking a step back.

"Yeah, and?" he asked curiously.

"Fluttershy doesn't really like going to Cloudsdale," Rainbow Dash said before her shy friend could. "And the Mile isn't really her kind of place, either. She doesn't like places that have loud music and dozens of drinking ponies moving around everywhere."

"Then she doesn't know how to have fun," Tucker said.

"I know how to have fun," Fluttershy protested lightly, furrowing her brows ever-so slightly. "We can go to the Mile."

"Are you sure?" Rainbow Dash asked. "I'm sure that we can think of some other-"

"No, I'm okay. It sounds like... fun," she said, forcing a smile. "Besides, they're doing their best to do things we like, so it's only fair that I do the same for them."

"That's the spirit," Tucker said, giving her a light punch on her left wing. "And hey, since if you don't drink, you can be our designated flier!"

PreviousChapters Next