• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 9,129 Views, 3,240 Comments

My Little Caboose II: Friendship is Fragmented! - DarkWing



Church, finally freed from his stone prison after a month of having Discord trapped in his mind along with him, must readjust to the pony world with nothing but twisted memories, as well a group of equally twisted friends.

  • ...
32
 3,240
 9,129

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5 - "Home is Where the Heart is"

The instant Church awoke, he felt a thick pain present in the central part of his brain. His whole body felt numb and it took quite some effort for him to open his eyes. The first thing he noticed was that he was no longer in the room he felt like he was in a few minutes ago, nor was he in the guest room he was in before. He was now in a room that was filled with beds. Sitting up, he noticed that there were dozens of beds in the room with small lockers at the foot of them. The majority of the beds were empty, but some of the ones near him were occupied. One of the other inhabitants of the other beds sat up.

"Where am I?" the stallion grunted, and Church instantly recognized him. "Looks like some cheap shisno hotel room."

"Gary?" Church grunted, rubbing the back of his head, looking around the room. He then realized that the beds surrounding him were occupied by the other fragments. They also began to sit up in the beds. "It worked."

"Where are we?" Theta asked quietly, a tiny squeak of fear in his voice.

"It appears we are in the barracks for the Royal Guard," Delta said, scanning the room carefully.

"Look! Sharp weaponry!" O'Malley boomed with enjoyment, jumping out of his bed, running straight to the equipment racks on the other side of the room. "Swords and spears. Shields and helmets."

"I do not think it is wise to touch those, Omega," Delta said as he too carefully got off the bed, lifting the assorted weaponry into the air with his magic, out of O'Malley's reach.

"Why are we in here?" the nervous fragment inquired. "Did we do something wrong? Are we in trouble?"

"I do not believe so. The last thing I remember is..." Sigma stopped, then looked to the ground with hard eyes. "The Alpha."

"Oh yeah..." he said quietly as he climbed out of the bed. His eyes then shot open further. "So we are in trouble."

"No, we're not," Church said, watching as Eta and Iota followed O'Malley and Theta's lead, then began stretching their wings and backs. "Celestia doesn't seem all too mad about that, but she decided to break the Alpha back down into us to prevent any possible damages."

"So does that mean we get to go home?" the purple colt asked, eyes lighting up.

"If they let us," he shrugged, now focusing on Gary. "Celestia said she'd let us tell the others that we're no longer a statue, so they obviously won't be told that we're back."

"And Applejack may not be too keen on watching us again," Delta added, watching Gary as well.

"Applejack is nice. She'll totally let us stay," Theta said, making his way over to Sigma's side "Man, I can't wait to see the others again! I wonder how happy they'll be to see us again. Huh, Sigma?"

"Mhm," Sigma replied absentmindedly, still focused on the floor, deep in thought.

"You okay?"

"Hm? Yes. Yes, I am fine," Sigma shook his head, then nodded and began smiling thinly at his younger sibling. "I am sure the others will be quite ecstatic to see us again."

"Epsilon, I would suggest you go tell either of the Princesses that we are awake," Delta said, moving the weapons around as O'Malley jumped after them like a dog to a bone. "I will make sure the others cause no damage."

"Will do," Church nodded, heading straight towards the door, stopping when he saw a note on the door. Knowing that it was probably for him, he picked it up using his magic and read it.

Good morning, Church. I hope you slept well. As you have probably guessed, you are in one of the Royal Guards' barracks. There will be guards outside, but they have been told of your presence, so they will not bother you and the others. The courtyard is relatively large, but it is a straight walk to reach the castle. Once inside, you should be able to find your way to the throne room.

-Princess Celestia

Church crumbled the letter up and threw it to the side, then opened the door and made his way outside. Instantly he saw dozens of stallions lined up, each one wearing armor, and each one mimicking the movements of the stallion who stood in the front. Church knew they were doing military drills, so he ignored it and pressed on towards the castle. After a few minutes' walk, he nodded at the guards to open the entrance. They bowed their heads and pushed open the door. He made his way through the castle, walking past many guards, undisturbed, until he finally reached the room where Celestia was waiting.

"Hello, Church," she said as Church walked into the room. "How are you doing?"

"Aside from bringing a new meaning to the phrase 'splitting headache', pretty good," he shrugged, then looked around. "How's Luna?"

"In the same situation you are. She's currently resting in her room because of a migraine she received from last night," she sighed, then shook her head. "But it is good to see you are well. I assume the other fragments are back to normal as well?"

"Yeah, well, maybe normal isn't the right word for it, but they are as close as they are going to get."

"I assume you are here to ask me to send you and the fragments back to Ponyville?"

"Not right away."

"Why? Do you wish for me to send a letter to Twilight?"

"No, I was going to ask you to just send me there for now," he replied, biting his bottom lip. "I want to talk to the others first, just to say hello by myself without having to worry about any of the others messing something up. I'll get Twilight and Spike to send you a letter when I want the others to be sent. It won't take that long."

"Very well," she nodded and closed her eyes, horn beginning to glow a soft shade of yellow-gold.

"Oh, and Celestia?" he asked before she completed the spell. Instead of answering, she opened her eyes slightly to see an extremely small and forced smile cross Church's face. "Thanks."

Within a second, Church found himself standing in front of the library. He sniffed the air, not really remembering ever having taken the time to really appreciate things. Even though things were still stressful here, he was more at peace here than he was anywhere else. Before knocking on the door, he looked through the window and saw Twilight sitting at the table by herself, reading a book. Her eyes were tired looking, but there was still a corner on the edge of her mouth as she read her book. Stifling a small laugh, he went up to the door and knocked on it three times.

"Coming," she said, getting out of her chair.

"Take your time. This fresh air is doing wonders for my head," he replied.

"That voice..." she muttered as she reached for the door. "Do I know y-"

Twilight stopped the instant she saw who was outside.

"Hey, Twilight," Church said after several seconds. "How's it going?"

"Church..." she said breathlessly, taking a step towards him. "Is it really you?"

"Yeah, but now I'm a double ghost. I'm here to haunt you for turning me to stone," he said with a wink. "Listen, I'll tell you what happened in a bit, okay? Right now I have an extremely large fucking headache and I really doubt that it will go away anytime soon.

"It is you," she said, hugging Church tightly, a few tears of happiness coming out of her eyes.

"So I guess you missed me, huh?" he chuckled.

"Yes, I did. I-" she stopped, then looked inside. "Wait here."

"Sure," he nodded.

"Tex! Caboose! Spike! Get down here now!" she said, running inside.

"What is it?" Tex asked from upstairs. "Is the library on fire?"

"No, just come down here!"

Twilight watched as Spike hopped down the stairs while Tex followed, helping the tired Caboose to make sure he didn't trip and hurt himself. As they came to ground, Tex began to question Twilight, but Twilight stopped her by pushing the door wide open, showing the trio at the foot of the stairs a smiling Church. Tex opened her mouth slightly and her lips quivered slightly at the sight of him.

"How's it going, Church?" Spike asked with a smile, running to the door to greet him.

"You know me, Spike. Nothing is ever going well for me," he chuckled, shaking Spike's claw. He then looked to Tex, who stood by the stairs, supporting Caboose. "Hey Tex."

"Church..." she whispered.

"Church?" Caboose stirred, awoken by the name of his friend, eyes opening at the speed of molasses.

"Hey, buddy," Church said, smirking as Caboose looked to the door, ears perked up.

"Church, you're back!" Caboose yelped as he slowly got off of Tex and began trotting towards him. "Church, I've just been... been..."

Caboose then fell to the ground just short of reaching Church, snoring loudly.

"It's good to be home," Church sighed.

PreviousChapters Next