• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 9,124 Views, 3,240 Comments

My Little Caboose II: Friendship is Fragmented! - DarkWing



Church, finally freed from his stone prison after a month of having Discord trapped in his mind along with him, must readjust to the pony world with nothing but twisted memories, as well a group of equally twisted friends.

  • ...
32
 3,240
 9,124

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 56 - "From Whence They Came"

The group had spent the last few minutes walking down the hallway, following Doc as he led them to the main storage area. Once they were there, Carolina began to walk ahead of the others, recognizing all the other pieces of equipment.

"Spread out and look for anything that you think you could use," Carolina said loudly as the others walked behind her. "But make it quick. We can't let the Director go too far ahead of us, or we might lose track of him."

"You heard her," Washington added quietly, noticing the others were hesitant to take her orders. "I'd recommend you guys try to make yourselves useful, otherwise you might just end up dead."

"That's good advice," Simmons said instantly, then set off to a table that appeared to have advanced tech on it.

The group spent ten further minutes looking around the area at the many weapons and tools laid out on display. Carolina eventually stood by one of the tables with alien looking weaponry and examined each one. She lifted the plasma pistol up and aimed it towards the ceiling, then brought it to her visor to look down the sights. Satisfied, she placed the weapon on her back and grabbed a trio of fragmentation grenade. The sound of thunder erupted from Carolina's right. Glaring to the side, she saw that Doc had knocked over a large hammer and was staring at it with his arms outstretched as if he had tried to grab as it was falling.

"Be careful. These things aren't toys," she growled.

"I was just-"

"I'm not interested in an excuse," she grunted, then grabbed a few extra mags for her pistol and put them on her side. Turning around, she saw all the soldiers looking through all the items. Except for Wash, who stood off to the side, making sure Caboose didn't touch anything. "Well, are you just going to stand around or are you going to look for gear?"

"I told you, I'm not interested in hunting down the Director," he said back, then gave the soldiers around him a curious glance. "I'm surprised the others are so willing."

"We're not helping her hunt down the Director," Church countered, then paused and looked down for a brief moment. "Well, we are, but not him specifically."

"Worried that his army of Texs will do too much damage?"

"Trust me, with what we're dealing with, an army of Texs doesn't seem all too difficult to stop."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Wash asked.

"Epsilon, how many pieces of equipment do you think you can run?" Carolina inquired irately, knowing that Wash would not believe what happened.

"None?" Church said hopefully.

"Tech guy," she said, turning to face Simmons who was hunched over a bunch of pieces of equipment. "How many are up and running?"

"I have a name, you know..." Simmons grunted, then shrank back and looked at the objects in front of him when Carolina focused on him. "I think all of them. There's some sort of hologram thing, one that increases your speed, like the one Grif tried before, a shield, invisibility, something that seems to heal, and an emp."

"Stop it," Wash said.

"Are you sure?" Carolina asked firmly.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know what an emp is."

"It's an E.M.P!" Wash snapped.

"Not that. Are you sure they're all in working order?"

"Well, I've never really dealt with that many armor enhancements, and I've only had a few minutes to-" Simmons started, looking at the equipment. When he looked back up, he saw that Carolina continued to stare at him, and as usual, that made him very unnerved. "If I say yes, will you stop looking at me like that?"

She continued her glare and took a step towards him..

"Yes, they work!" Simmons said, voice-cracking as he took a step backwards.

"Glad to hear it," she said, walking up to the pieces of tech on the table. She picked one up that she recognized, a piece of equipment that did not look too off from North Dakota's bubble shield. "If these really do work, then our job got a lot easier."

"Carolina, listen, I'm not sure if I can really... well, run any of those things," Church grumbled as she picked up another piece. "So I really hope you aren't expecting me to try to help you use all of them."

"You were designed to help use armor enhancements and boost combat effectiveness."

"In that case, Church might be a broken unit. He can't fight for shit, so I really doubt that he can actually help you do anything that even relates to fighting," Tucker said.

"Unless you count bitching as a combat strategy," Grif added sarcastically.

"Thanks for the help..." Church grumbled.

Wash let out a grunt as the Epsilon unit began to spark in his hand. Dropping it instinctively, the Epsilon unit fell to the ground and began to blink rapidly.

"Wash, what did you do?" Carolina grunted, glancing back at him.

"I don't know! It just started to do... that, and then it electrocuted me!" Wash said, rubbing his hands together. "Do you think the Director purposely did anything with it?"

"E-E-E-E-Epsiol-lon?" a crackly, calculative voice said from the unit.

Silence reigned for a few seconds as everyone turned to look at the device on the ground.

"Was that who I think it was?" Wash asked, looking at the device with shock.

The image of a green soldier came flickering into existence.

"E-Epsilon, can you hear me no-ow?" the green being said. It then looked around, then glanced up at Washington who stood above it.

"Delta?"

"Agent Washington," Delta said with a nod. "Is E-Epsilon there with you?"

"I'm here, Delta," Church said as he floated towards the unit, ahead of Carolina.

"Why aren't you surprised to see him?" Wash asked.

"Because I s-saw Epsil-lon just a few hours ago."

"Not you," Wash sighed.

"About that. While we were in there, I sort of... remembered the other fragments into existence again," Church said hesitantly.

"Wait, does that mean Sigma-"

"Yes, all of the ones that I had the most active memories about. They're all in there."

"Did you know about this?" Wash asked, looking to Carolina.

"Yes, but I didn't think he'd be able to do anything outside of here," she said quietly.

"W-with the Princesses' h-hel-p, we have ma-anaged to find a way to com-m-municate with you, albeit on-nly though the unit," Delta explained, the image of him crackling in and out of view as he spoke, showing a weak connection.

"Princesses?" Wash echoed curiously, but noticed all eyes were on the fragment.

"H-have you n-not told Agent Washington ab-bout-"

"Delta, would it be possible for you to come out and help me with some equipment?" Carolina asked hastily.

"N-no, I am afraid that I-I can be of no use to you other than offer-r advice. Tell me, what have y-you figured out so far-r?"

"Nothing except that the Director has now gone to find the Chairman, and he seems to have an army of Tex drones with him to do it. Any ideas where he would be?"

"Perhaps it would be w-wise to look at areas the Reds and B-Blues have been before. It is l-likely that they are now want-ted criminals of the UNSC, so they are m-most likely looking around places where they h-have been to find them. Since Discord-d is new there, he m-might be going to where it-t all began. It seems to be h-his calling card if you-o will."

"You mean Blood Gulch?" Church asked, and behind him, the other Reds and Blues shared a look.

"That is where the Director s-sent you before," Delta said, and he quickly began to fade. Looking down, Delta looked at something that only he seemed to see, then shook his head. "I apologize, but I-I must go. This is very t-tiring for her. There should be a hangar-r there with some vehicles that you can u-use to get there. Good-d luck."

Delta's image then disappeared, and the Epsilon unit returned to it's previous state. Washington grabbed the unit and stared at it silently, wanting to ask many questions, but knew he wouldn't get any answers.

"Well, boys. Looks like we've got a new lead," Carolina said, turning around. "Take one last look around for gear, because we're leaving in five minutes."

PreviousChapters Next