• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 9,129 Views, 3,240 Comments

My Little Caboose II: Friendship is Fragmented! - DarkWing



Church, finally freed from his stone prison after a month of having Discord trapped in his mind along with him, must readjust to the pony world with nothing but twisted memories, as well a group of equally twisted friends.

  • ...
32
 3,240
 9,129

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28 - "New Friends"

"Grif, may I ask you something personal?" Fluttershy asked after a waitress came by and they ordered more fries.

"Go ahead. I don't have that much to hide," Grif said with a smile.

"I hope this doesn't sound strange... but..." she mumbled. "Have you ever had a special somepony?"

"Special somepony? Like, a girlfriend?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Yeah, most of them didn't work out. My first one especially. She kept one secret too many from me. When I found out, it kinda put me off her."

"What kind of secret?" she inquired seriously, wondering if she cheated on him.

"I really don't want to get into it," he muttered.

"Is that because she wanted to get into you?' Tucker smiled sweetly.

"What does he mean by-"

"She had a penis," Tucker chirped.

Rainbow Dash burst out with laughter as Grif's face turned an angry shade of red. Fluttershy's face crumbled and she covered her mouth with her hooves, not wanting to laugh at him, but eventually gave up and began laughing as well.

"Yeah, laugh it the hell up," Grif growled.

"I'm sorry," Fluttershy said with a small giggle, trying to control herself more. "It isn't funny."

"It kinda is," Rainbow Dash said between breaths, smiling sheepishly as he glared at her.

"I really regret telling you that," Grif sighed, then got out of the table.

"Where are you going?"

"Back home," he said. "It was a fun night, but I'd rather not get laughed at, thanks."

"Come on, don't be like that. You have more fries coming, and it's not like there was anyway you could have known," Rainbow Dash said, trying to calm him down.

"Besides a fucking bulge in her panties," Tucker chuckled.

"Not helping," Rainbow Dash muttered, then turned her attention back to Grif. "Now sit back down. We're just having fun. Besides, she was probably bigger than he is."

"Hey, I'm hung like a horse," Tucker growled.

"That doesn't mean much here," Grif said, then sat back down, turning to Fluttershy. "Why the sudden interest in my past?"

"I don't know, I just want to know more about you," she said.

"I'm really not all that interesting, honest," he muttered, rubbing the back of his head. "Besides the whole shemale friend, I have nothing that really stands out for me. Doubt you'd want to hear about my time in service since it's basically what I do here."

"What about your sister?"

"Kaikaina?" he grunted sadly. "I don't really want to talk about her right now. I might tell you later, but not now."

"Do you promise?' Fluttershy asked.

"Sure," he sighed.

"Hey, you guys," Cloudchaser greeted, suddenly appearing at the table with another pegasus. "This is Flitter, my sister."

"Hey," Flitter said with a smile, staring at Grif. "We're here with the fries you ordered. We told them we were coming here anyways, so we grabbed them for you."

"Awesome, thanks!" Grif smiled, grabbing the plate off of her back.

"Mind if we sit with you?" she asked.

"Sure," Rainbow Dash said.

Cloudchaser shuffled into the booth, taking a place next to Tucker while Flitter went next to Grif. Fluttershy shifted uncomfortably and stared at the table as Flitter sat snugly against Grif.

"The bartenders were pretty impressed with your show back there, so they're sending over some drinks," Cloudchaser said. "If you guys want to get into the Mile High Club, I'm sure it'll be pretty easy for you now. Those guys always come here to try and start stuff, but nopony ever beat them down. Now that you did that, you guys ought to get popular here."

"I don't think I would have beat them if they didn't walk away," Grif said honestly. "I can't fight that well, I'm just used to literally getting kicked while I'm down."

"Don't be modest, that was amazing!" Flitter said, resting her left foreleg on the table while putting her head on her hoof. "How did you do that trick with your wings?"

"Uh, I don't know if I can really explain it. It sort of just happens when I get angry," Grif muttered, putting a few fries into his mouth,

"That's so cool," she said. "Are they, like, real metal, or is it just a trick of the light? And if they are, are they heavy? Can you actually fly with them?"

"They're real and heavy as shit. And yeah, I can sorta fly with them, but it's difficult."

"Wow. It'd be cool if you could teach others to do that, um..." she said, then blushed slightly. "I'm sorry, what was your name?"

"It's Grif," he said.

"Like a griffin? Wicked name for a wicked fighter," she grinned.

"Um, Grif, do you still want to go home?" Fluttershy asked quietly, lightly tapping his shoulder, beginning to feel uncomfortable again.

"Maybe after my fries," he said, smiling at her. "Why, feeling tipsy?"

Fluttershy nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry, are you with her?" Flitter asked hesitantly, giving Grif more room as she looked at Fluttershy.

"Nah, we're friends," Grif laughed.

"Oh, good," she sighed. "I didn't want to make her feel awkward or anything."

"We both appreciate it," he said with a nod.

A mare then came to the table with more drinks than they ordered, presumably them being on the house. As she left, everyone at the table grabbed a drink of their own, including Fluttershy.

"So what do you do for a living?" Cloudchaser asked Grif, drinking out of her cup.

"Grif isn't really a 'doing' kind of guy," Tucker laughed. "I'd actually argue that he isn't really the 'living' type either."

"That's pretty much true," Grif said. "I've just been crashing at Fluttershy's place, watching her animal friends when she's not around. Besides that, all I really do is eat and sleep. What you guys would call a necessity, I call more of a hobby."

"It doesn't really show," Fluttershy chimed in, smiling at him.

"Thanks," Grif chuckled, patting his slightly above average stomach.

"You know, if you worked out, you could turn what fat you have into big muscles," Cloudchaser said.

"Yeah. You look cute now, but you'd look even hunkier if you were ripped," Flitter added sweetly, putting her hoof on his shoulder.

"Working out is too much, well, work," Grif grunted. "If there was an easy way to lose weight that didn't involve trying too hard, then I might be interested."

"You are in a club with loud music, and dancing is pretty easy," Cloudchaser said.

"Yeah, we could go dancing!" Flitter said instantly, making Fluttershy look at Grif.

"Sorry, not really interested," he replied, letting Fluttershy sigh with relief.

"Come on. I brought you your fries! You owe me," she said jokingly. "Besides, I haven't gotten to dance with anypony tonight. I don't want to go home disappointed."

"I can't dance. Not that I've really tried, but still."

"Please," she asked, looking into his eyes with her own pair of sad globes. "It's not difficult. Just let the music control your body, move in rhythm with it. It's really fun."

"I don't know..."

"Just one dance, I swear. If you don't like it, then you can stop."

"Fine. Just one dance," Grif sighed. "Just promise me you don't have a penis."

"Heh, I promise!" Flitter said, leading him out of the booth, leaving a saddened Fluttershy with the others.

PreviousChapters Next