• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 9,642 Views, 929 Comments

The Last Human - Blackdragn18



Humans were once in Equestria but they were all murdered except one

  • ...
110
 929
 9,642

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 85: Ponysicles!

“What are we supposed to do?” I heard a muffled voice ask. “Clearly this power’s side effect is too great. He was considering hunting us.”

“I’m not sure,” Another voice said as I weakly opened my eyes, I was lying in what seemed to be my hut. “All I can think to do is adjust the spell to cause a burst when he uses it.”

“That seems like the only option for now. We should also keep quiet as to what he was doing in the forest.” I got up and headed towards the door to follow the voices. “A panic about him becoming carnivorous is the last thing we need.”

“I agree.” Opening the door I saw Celestia and Luna outside, theirs head were close together. “Sean.” Celestia stood up straight and looked at me. “Glad to see you’re awake.”

“What are you two whispering about?” I asked the alicorns.

“That is beside the point.” Celestia gave me a glare. “I hear you were using that new power of yours. After I told you not to.”

“I was under attack. There was no other way to defeat my foe.”

“You could have run and come to us, instead you knowingly disobeyed me.” Celestia sighed. “If you do it again there will be serious repercussions.”

“Lame.”

“It’s late, I advise we get some sleep,” Luna said before heading towards her hut.

“Goodnight Sean.” Celestia yawned before leaving.

“She’s no fun,” I said before turning towards my own shelter. As I neared it I felt something bump me, looking down I saw Twilight looking at me. “May I help you?”

“I was just heading inside.” She pointed at the hut, offering me a confused look.

“Oh, after that whole thing at the campfire I would have assumed you’d avoid my place. You did change color after all.”

“That conversation just caught me off guard.”

“If you say so.” I shrugged and headed into the hut. The purple pony quickly followed.

“Where did you go earlier?” She asked as she lied down on my cot. “You just disappeared.”

“I went looking for food, I don’t like flowers.” I then yawned. “Well sleeping time.” Moving to the sleeping structure I flopped onto it. As I closed my eyes I felt something force its way under my arm. “Goodnight.”

“Shut up,” I said as Luna poked her head into my hut. Luna’s eyes darted from the purple unicorn under my arm, to me before she withdrew with a smirk. “Well that’s just great.” She then reentered.

“But seriously, it is time to go. Wake her so we can be on our way.”

“Come on, please!?” I gave Celestia a pleading look.

“For the last time, no.” The white alicorn glared at me. “I am not letting you planewalk us to Canterlot.”

“Why not?”

“Because I said so. Besides, would you even be able to transport all of us safely?”

“Probably.”

“That’s comforting.” Celestia rolled her eyes. “So I’ve been meaning to ask, who did you two leave in charge of Canterlot when you left?”

“Were we supposed to?” I asked. “You never did.”

“Yes I did, it was always you.”

"Oh yeah." I nodded as Celestia shook her head.

“From that response I’m guessing the answer is no.”

“We did not expect to be gone this long,” Luna said. “The plan had been to get in, grab you and any others and get out.”

“A plan that was ruined by your weird hatred of my new power.”

“Well, as long as you have kept our ponies happy it should be fine.” Celestia shrugged.

“Oh, she’s kept them happy.” I patted Luna’s head. “Equestria loves her, I bet you could’ve stayed dead and they’d be fine.”

“I see.” Celestia’s ears drooped slightly.

Wow.

“What did I say?”

“Do not worry sister, I am sure Equestria would have kept your memory alive for centuries.” Luna put a hoof on her sister’s shoulder.

“Unless the education system keeps on its current track, I talked to a few kids during our tour across Equestria and none of them knew the full details of my awesomeness.”

“How about you stop talking?” Luna glared at me.

“Whatever.”

“So Celestia.” I looked to the alicorn.

“What is it now?” She sighed.

“I was wondering, Chrysalis said that those cocoons made you feel love. Was it like a hallucination or dream of some sort?”

“I suppose.” She shrugged.

“Cool, so what did you end up seeing?”

“Let’s see.” Celestia looked up in thought. “There was Luna-”

“What!?” My eyes widened. “That’s just creepy. Does that mean all those weird stories are true?”

“I must agree,” Luna said as she gave Celestia a questioning look.

“What did they call it?” I put a hand to my chin. "Royalcest? Solarcest? I know it has cest."

Princest?

“Better than what I’ve got.” I shrugged.

“I’ll have you know that the changelings feed off all forms of love.” Celestia looked at us irritated. “That includes sibling love, of the normal variety.”

“If you say so.” I then looked to Luna. “You may want to sleep with your legs crossed from now on,” I said in a loud whisper.

“Indeed.” Luna nodded.

“I don’t know why I talk to you two.” Celestia glared at us.

“Because we’re just so much fun,” I said before patting Luna’s head. “Though I’m clearly the star of the show.”

“You really think ponies would find some hairless chimp more amusing than a princess?” Luna asked. “My personality alone would draw crowds.”

“Because it’s so ridiculous?” I asked. “That is true.”

“Do you wish to fight?” Luna asked me before spreading her wings.

“No thanks, I don’t like to waste my time on weaklings.”

“That’s enough you two,” Celestia said. “I don’t need you injuring each other on this trip.”

“You’re no fun.” I crossed my arms.

“Here we are,” Celestia said. “Past these mountains should be the Crystal Empire.” She gestured to the snowcapped giants.

“Ugh!” I flopped my head back. “That’s so much climbing!”

“Quit whining and let’s go.” Celestia rolled her eyes.

“It’s so cold,” Celestia said as her teeth chattered.

“Now who is whining?” I asked smugly, easily trudging through the knee high snow.

It seemed that Murphy had something against us, because as soon as we began to climb the mountains a snow storm came to visit. All the ponies around me seemed to be freezing, if we had speakers the chattering could cause an avalanche. It was funny watching the ponies forcing their way through snow that went to their chests.

“Shut up.” Celestia glared at me. “How can you be so fine with those scraps you call clothes?”

“I'm a dragon,” I said before opening my mouth to show the glow from my internal fire. “Can’t Ms.Sungod keep warm?”

“Stop mocking my sister,” Luna said as she hit me in the ribs. “Would you get over yourself and give her some cover?” I currently had a wing over Luna and another over Twilight and her group of friends. “Your wings are easily big enough.”

“Fine.” Picking up the pace I managed to get the Luna wing over Celestia.

“Clear favoritism,” I heard a nearby pony say bitterly.

“So, are we going to set up camp?” I asked before looking at Celestia. Luckily for us the snow had stopped falling and we had reached the top of the mountain. “Everybody seems pretty tired.” The long trek through the deep snow had taken its toll on the ponies, some were breathing heavily while others seemed to be on the verge of passing out.

Wimps.

“I suppose so.” Celestia began to scan the area. “We can go there.” She pointed a hoof at a nearby cave.

“Fine, let’s go.”

“Of course.” I growled before throwing three more sticks out the cave. “Stupid snow, got all of our firewood soaked.”

“What are we supposed to do then?” Cadence asked as she looked around. “Everypony is soaked and freezing.”

“Ugh, I’ll go to the base of the mountain and get some more sticks.” Slowly getting up I headed towards the opening. “As a dragon,” I said before Celestia opened her mouth.

“How long has it been?” Luna asked as she shivered. “He left some time ago.”

“I’m not sure.” Celestia shook her head. “Hopefully he’ll be back soon though.” Then the ground shook and there was a growl.

“Finally, what took you so long?” Turning to look at the cave’s entrance her eyes widened as a large white dragon looked down at her.

“What are you doing in my cave?” The creature asked, its eyes shifting to a menacing glare. “Have you come to steal from me?”

“Of course not,” Celestia said nervously. “We were just cold and looking for a place to stay for the night.”

“I see.” The dragon scanned the cave to see the group of ponies scattered around the den. By now most had clumped together to keep warm though they were now shivering for a reason other than the cold.

“So, would you be so kind as to-” Celestia had to jump back as a ball of ice flew at her.

“You have ten seconds to leave before I use this group as target practice.” The dragon’s muzzle was covered in ice.

“You dare to attack a princess of Equestria?” Luna asked, glaring at the dragon.

“The position you hold in your puny government does not concern me, all I know is that you are in my home uninvited.” The white beast then blasted a group of ponies with ice, quickly freezing them.

“I recommend you stop that.” Luna shook her head. “We know some powerful creatures.”

“Ponies do not scare me,” The dragon smiled. “I doubt anything you pests could throw at me would be a threat.”

“What’s going on here?” The white dragon stiffened and its pupils shrank. Slowly turning to face the cave’s entrance its eyes widened in fear as a large olive dragon entered the large chamber. “You better have a good explanation for this.”

PreviousChapters Next