• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 9,642 Views, 929 Comments

The Last Human - Blackdragn18



Humans were once in Equestria but they were all murdered except one

  • ...
110
 929
 9,642

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 69: Politics

“Glad that’s over with.” I stretched as I stepped out into the sunlight. “Now I can get back to finding my way home.” The school had been on a large hill, I followed the dirt road that lead back to town. Maybe talking to some towns people would get me information. Once I reached town I walked to the first person I saw, it was a young man, probably around my adult forms age. “Excuse me.” I waved to him. When he turned to look at me he immediately recoiled for a minute. I looked at him confused. “What are you doing?”

“Please don’t hurt me.” The guy kept himself in a defensive stance.

“I’m not going to hurt you.” I promised.

“Really?” He stood up a little straighter and looked at me.

“Of course. Why would I?”

“Well you did attack that one woman.”

“Oh yeah, I wasn’t feeling all there at the time.” I was getting a bit annoyed with this guy. “I wish I could find her to apologize.”

“If you say so.” The guy stood up completely, though I could still see a hint of distrust. “What do you need?”

“What can you tell me about the politics around here?”

“Really?” He tilted his head. “Your father is the mayor of this entire town. How do you not know everything there is to know?”

“I don’t need the sass, just tell me what you know.” I glared at him.

“Please don’t hurt me.”

“Ugh.” I grabbed him by the shirt and dragged him into a nearby alley I then shoved him against one of the walls and whispered menacingly. “Ok, now that we’re alone this will go one of two ways.” I raised my left hand showing two fingers. “One, you tell me everything you can about the government, or two.” I then took my left hand, turned it into a fist and punched the wall next to his head. The hit left a large fist shaped hole in the wall. “You don’t want to know what two involves.”

“Ok. Please, just don’t hurt me.” He begged, nearly crying.

“Good boy.”

“The fifth and last member of the counsel is the sheriff, him and the other members all work under your father. However, if a unanimous vote is made they can overthrow him and appoint a new mayor.”

“Fascinating, anything else?”

“Well there is a rumor that the counsel is going to take a vote to take down the mayor.” My informant told me, catching his breath after his long speech.

“Thank you. You’ve been a lot of help.” I smiled.

“You’re welcome.” He said weakly. “Now will you let me go?”

“Of course, I’m a man of my word.” I saw him sigh with relief. “However.” I grabbed him by the throat. “If you tell anyone about this little encounter, your body will be unrecognizable when I’m done. Am I clear?”

“Yes sir.” The man said weakly.

“Good boy.” I released him. “Now get out of here.” I smiled more as he sprinted out of the alley, nearly tripping at one point. “Perfect, now that I know the men of power I can get this going.”

“So the meeting is in a few days. Word is the sheriff is going to call for an impeachment” Counsel Man Brad said to his wife as he buttoned up his gray pajama shirt. He gave a quick look in the bathroom mirror. He was a younger man, his blonde hair still full, lush, and vibrant. He winked at his image.

“Are you ever coming to bed?” Brad heard his wife ask.

“In a minute.” The Senator admired his reflection for another moment before turning and exiting the bathroom. When he walked into the bedroom he saw his wife. She was lying in bed smiling at him.

“You look great tonight.” She looked him up and down.

“I know.” Brad nodded as he walked to the bed before sliding under the red sheets and getting comfortable. He then turned to look at his wife. “So, what do you say we have a little fun?” The blonde man smiled at his wife, the smile grew as she looked at him with her own smile.

“Sorry, I don’t swing that way.” His wife’s voice suddenly changed to a more male pitch.

“What?” Before he could react he was grabbed by the shirt and thrown across the room. As he smashed into the wall he groaned in pain. “Ow, what was that for?” The official asked, looking at his wife as she walked towards him. His eyes widened as she began transform until she was replaced with what he understood to be the new look of the mayor’s son.

“Hello Councilor Brad.” The boy said smiling.

“You?” Brad attempted to stand up before a foot stepped onto his chest, keeping him pinned to the wall. “What are you doing here?” The mayor’s son bent over somewhat to get his face closer to the chairman.

“I’m here to talk business.” His attacker’s smile shifted to a more sadistic one.

“Where’s my wife?” Brad grunted as more pressure was put on his chest.

“Oh, she’s safe. Once we’re done here I’ll tell you where she is.”

“What do you want?”

“I hear you’re planning to get rid of the mayor.”

“That’s not official yet, the sheriff just brought it up yesterday.”

“I really don’t care about that bit.” The black haired boy yawned. “I’m here to tell you how that vote is going to go.”

“You think you can blackmail me?” Brad attempted to get up again, unable to move the boy’s foot at all.

“I don’t think I can Councilor Vanity.” The boy leaned in closer. “I know I can.”

“You don’t scare me.”

“Fine, that’s not my problem. I don’t need your fear to kill you.” The boy then turned his hand into a serrated blade and put it near the blonde’s throat. “So, what will it be?”

“What are these demands of yours?”

“Alright, when the vote is taken you will vote against the mayor.”

“Why would you want to overthrow your own father?” Brad grunted in pain as more pressure was applied to his chest.

“He is not my father.” The son growled. “The next thing is, when he is removed you will vote me in as the new mayor.”

“You’re crazy! I will do no such thing.”

“Shame, I thought as the youngest of them you’d want to stay alive.” He then put the blade closer to Brad’s throat. “Oh well, I can make it look like an accident.”

“Wait!” Brad said frantically. “I’ll do it.” He breathed in heavily as the foot was removed from his chest.

“Excellent.” The boy then walked away towards the bedroom window. “You better come through, or else you won’t be happy.”

“Wait!” His attacker looked back. “Where’s my wife?”

“You have a lot of clothes for a man, she fit surprisingly well in your closet.” He then jumped out the window.

And that’s four. I landed in a hedge below Mr. Vanity’s bedroom window. I had successfully blackmailed four of the five council members. Now the mayor is guaranteed to be pushed out, once I get the position I can devote all my time and resources into getting back to Equestria. Before I began to head off I could have sworn someone was watching me.

“We have called this meeting of the counsel to discuss a very rare yet important occasion.” I heard the sheriff shout as I weaved through the crowd. Once I had reached the front I was able to get a good view. The council apparently met in the center of the town where a large round table came out from under the fountain. The five council members all sat around it in nice stone chairs, the mayor got a nice little throne. The entire area was surrounded by police officers guarding the whole scene.

“What is this about sheriff?” The mayor looked at him annoyed.

“This mayor, is a very interesting day, for today we will finally take down the man responsible for so much of this towns recent troubles.” The sheriff said.

I smiled as I watched the four members I had blackmailed shift uncomfortably and look uneasy.

“What are you talking about sheriff?” The mayor asked sounding more irritated.

“What I’m talking about is the capture of a certain psychopath. One who just a few days worked to rig this entire vote.” My smiled vanished as the sheriff continued before turning to me and pointing. “That boy, he spent two nights going from councilor to councilor and threatening them. Arrest him!”

“Bolas!” I turned and shoved my way through the crowd as several officers made their move after me. I continued running, throwing people down in an attempt to create obstacles for the officers. Eventually I reached the edge of the crowd where several other men were waiting.

“Give up.” One of them said. “There’s no escape.”

“Really?” I smiled before opening my mouth and shooting a fire ball, right into the center of the group. There was an explosion and several screams as officers flew away with severe burns and other various injuries. I laughed before running again. My new plan was to get to the gates, if griffins could break through, so could I. After a few more feet I saw a wall of guards waiting, all with their metal weapons pointing at me.

“Stop, or we will fire.” One shouted holding a megaphone.

“Well that’s no good.” I looked around as I got closer until I spotted a nearby alley. Time to see if those video game moves can work. I swerved to the right as I heard the officer shout fire, once I was in the alley I faced one of the walls.

“Freeze!” I looked to the entrance to see several men.

“Here goes.” I bent my legs before pushing off the ground towards the wall, once I touched the wall I pushed off and slightly up so that I flew towards the other wall. I continued this a few more times, occasionally having to adjust my leaps to avoid shots from the officers. After a few seconds I managed to reach the top of the building.

“We lost him!” I heard one of them shout.

I smirked before looking back to the gates and continued my run, now leaping from roof to roof. Eventually I finally reached the stone blocks that were the gates to this horrible place. I ran up and slammed into one of them, it shifted slightly. Sadly I did more damage to myself than to the wall. After a few more hits I was getting tired and my healing had slowed down. Before I could try again there was a bang and pain went through my back, I fell to the ground from the impact.

“Gotcha.” I heard the voice of the sheriff. “Let’s go scum.”

“No thanks.” I jumped up and attempted to kick him. Surprisingly he was able to dodge, then there was a stab in my side. I looked just in time to see that electric box before it went off.

“Let me see him.” I opened my eyes, hearing a voice.

“I’m sorry sir, the sheriff has said no visitors at this time.”

Getting a good look at my surroundings I realized I was in a cell. The walls were a cold gray, there was only a small window to my left offering me light. The cell seemed to be completely empty, the door was the only other feature of the room, it was a standard bar door. Easy enough to break through.

I tried to move my arms, when there was only a mild shift behind me I looked back. My arms were strapped behind me, they were crossed and covered by some kind of black material keeping them stuck together, because of this my arms only moved slightly, when I did move, it was very uncomfortable. Then I noticed that the rest of my body was in a similar predicament. My legs were stuck together as well and bent so that my shins were on the ground and my calves and feet were behind me. To top this all off I had some kind of mask covering the bottom half of my face, keeping me from opening my mouth. When I tried to move at all I found that there were chains around my chest and hips keeping me in place.

I growled, my dragon form wouldn’t work due to the size of this place and these physical restrictions. When I tried to transform into a mouse in an attempt to shrink my way out I found that the strange black material shrank to catch my limbs again. Changing back to my human form I growled again, glaring at the door. They had thought of everything.

“I am the mayor, and you will let me in!” I heard what I now registered to be my fake father’s voice.

“Fine, but if I get fired for this I’m coming for you once the sheriff takes over.”

“Whatever.” There were footsteps until the mayor appeared in front of me. I looked up at him glaring. “Why’d you do it?”

I growled in response. After all, my mouth couldn’t open.

“I don’t know what that head injury did to you but you’re not my son.” He looked at me disappointed.
I just glared at him. “I can’t do anything to help you now. You’ve done too much.” The man shook his head. “Goodbye.” He then turned and walked away, the sound of retreating footsteps were all I heard before I heard a door close.

“Dinner time.” I opened my eyes when I heard the voice of a guard. I looked up to see him standing outside my cell holding a tray with bread and meat. He opened the door and walked towards me, I could see fear in his eyes as he approached me. “Here.” He put the tray in front of me. I looked at it then him glaring. “Oh right.” The guard removed my mouth covering.

“Gotcha!” I opened my mouth preparing a fireball. But before I could do anything the guard threw something into my mouth. To my surprise I felt the fire in me vanish. “What?” I glared at the guard. “What was that?”

“That my boy, was an experimental form of weapon.” I looked towards the door to see the sheriff. “It nullifies any magic that a creature can generate.”

“Why would you even have that?” I asked him.

“For enemies such as you. We also know that a race known as ponies has magic, we must be prepared in case they try to attack.”

“Trust me, this sad excuse for a weapon won’t beat them. Celestia alone could destroy you.” I smirked at him.

“We’ll see.” He then turned and walked away.

“Get back here!” I shouted.

“Just eat your food.” I looked over at the guard who looked back at me irritated.

“How? I have no use of my hands.” I glared at him.

“Well it’s in front of you and your mouth his free.”

“You expect me to eat like some sort of animal?” I glared even more.

“If you want any food.”

“If you want to see tomorrow you will release me.”

“Ooh, scary.” he rolled his eyes. “The guy strapped to a wall is threatening me. You know what.” He picked up the tray. “You can starve.” He then put my mask back on, I did manage to bite his ring finger off. After I did he bashed my head into the wall. “There, now we won’t have to hear your annoying voice.”

When I escape I’ll kill you first.

I looked at the cement floor. I had been locked up for three days now. I was hungry, thirsty, and tired. Sleeping wasn’t really possible like this. I was beginning to wonder if I was wrong, maybe this was the real world and my life in Equestria was the hallucination. If that’s case, I ruined a perfectly good life.

“Geez, what did you do to end up like this?” I heard a voice to my left, it sounded familiar. I was probably just hearing things. I had no cellmate and it was night so none of the guards were coming by to taunt me. “Hello? Hey, Equestria to Sean.”
That phrase got my attention, I looked towards the sound of the voice to see a dark blue alicorn looking at me confused.
“Oh, so you are alive.” Luna looked me up and down. “You don’t look so good.” She said as she removed my mask. I took the opportunity to open my mouth. It felt great, my jaw had started to get sore from being forced shut like that for so long.

“Luna?” I looked at her hazily. “Is that really you?”

“Of course it’s me.” She looked at me confused again. “Let me get you out of, whatever this is.” She walked up to me and looked at my bonds. Then her horn glowed and the chains strapping me to the wall came off. I hadn’t realized it but I had been putting a lot of my weight on the chains, so when they were removed I ended up face planting onto the ground.

“Ow.” I groaned. “Thanks for that.”

“Sorry.” Luna apologized before looked at my arms. “What is this stuff?” She poked at the black material.

“I don’t know, just get it off.”

“Right.” I then felt something tug my arms up, all it did was hurt.

“Would you stop that?” The tugging stopped and I slammed into the ground again. “That too.”

“Sorry again. Can’t you just tear out of this?”
“No, the way I’m restricted I can’t get enough strength.”

“Oh.” There was a pause. “I’ve got it!” Before I could ask I felt the tugging at the bonds again, but this time my arms were being forced towards my head.

“Agh.” I tried to look back. “What are you doing?” I had to suppress a loud shout of pain as I felt my arms aggressively dislocate.

“Solving you’re problem.” I heard the alicorn say. “Suck it up and stay still.”

“When I get out of this we’ll see how you like it.” After another second I began to see my arms coming over my head. Then with one more forceful and quick push my arms snapped down, I held back another shout as my arms relocated. After a moment of recovery and most of my shoulders regenerating I was able to sit up. I glared at Luna.

“There, it worked.” She smiled at me. I saw a bit of sadistic joy mixed in.

“At that point it would have been easier to just tear my arms off.”

“Oh, I didn’t think of that.”

“Whatever.” I looked at my arms, which were now in front of me. My shoulders were still pretty mutilated right now. They wouldn’t fix till I was free.

“What are you waiting for? Break them.”

“Don’t rush me.” I then concentrated and used all my strength to pull my arms apart. After a few seconds of painful pulling the black material finally snapped. After my arms were free I let them dangle for a minute to completely heal. Once they fixed I turned my arm into a blade and freed my legs. Once I stood up I stretched. “Oh that feels good.”

“What did you do to be locked up like that?”

“Oh, I just threatened some government officials.” I looked down at her. “The more important question is, how are you here?”

“Well, you were taking such a long time to come home that Celestia asked me to try and find you in the dream world.”

“I knew this was a dream.”

“Well sort of, from what I could tell this is more of a magic trance than a dream. It was hard to find it.”

“Same thing.” I cracked my knuckles. “Now it’s time to get out of here.”

Finally, some action!

Who said that? Bob?

Bob! As if, I’m way more interesting than that buzz kill.

So then who are you?

Check your pocket.

I reached into my pocket, I didn’t see a point since they’ve been empty this whole time. Then my right hand reached something. I grabbed it and took it out of my pocket, it was that charm I got from Bolas. With some changes. The three red orbs had changed completely, one was now blue with what looked like flowing water in it, the next had what looked like a cloud of black poison, and the final one had a small flame.

“What’s that?” Luna looked at the charm with interest.

After a second what looked like a dragon’s pupil appeared in the large purple orb at the top.

Hello.

So you’re the charm?

Bingo!

I knew it had to do something. Wait, what do you do?

I am the key to your escape. Now then, I want you to not freak out when I do this.

Why would I… Before I finished the question I was enveloped in a sphere of fire.

PreviousChapters Next