• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 9,642 Views, 929 Comments

The Last Human - Blackdragn18



Humans were once in Equestria but they were all murdered except one

  • ...
110
 929
 9,642

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 80: Entering the Hive

“Why did we have to bring them?” I looked on my back to glare at Shiny, Cadence, and Luna.

“We are just as concerned as you for Celestia’s safety.” Cadence glared at me.

“Besides, if that letter is right Twilight is there too.” Shiny stamped a hoof. “We have to save them.”

“Watch it with the hooves,” I growled. “Fine, but why do you have to ride on my back?”

“Firstly, I can’t fly,” Shiny said.

“He’s also too heavy for either of us to carry for prolonged periods of time,” Cadence jumped in.

“We also save time and energy this way,” Luna said. “You’re the only one who can track Celestia’s magic and become a giant lizard.”

“Whatever.”

“Why are you so grumpy?” Luna asked. “The Crystal Empire was on the way to where we’re going.”

“They’ll just slow us down.”

“Hey! We can fight too,” Cadence said indignantly.

“Sure you can.” I rolled my eyes.

“Just shut up and fly.”


“Alright get off me,” I ordered as we landed in a forest.

“I don’t see anything,” Shiny said as he looked around.

“That’s because we’re a few miles off.” I shrank to my human form.

“Why did we stop so far away?” Cadence asked.

“We’re likely going into a changeling hive or something,” I said. “If we want to safely get Celestia and the others out we have to be discreet and avoid fights. I’m pretty sure a giant dragon landing on their doorstep would draw attention.”

“Fair enough.” Luna nodded. “Can you still track the magic?”

“Of course.” Adjusting my eyes I scanned the area until I spotted a gold trail. “This way.”


“There it is,” I whispered as we sat on a tree branch. A few feet away in a large clearing was a massive structure. It was at least as big as the new castle. The shape was that of a large tower, it was black with several holes in it, likely to offer the changelings access. The top was jagged and releasing some kind of green fog.

“Why are you whispering?” Shiny asked.

“Changelings have sensitive ears, if one were to fly by they may hear us.” I told him.

“You’re the changeling.” Shiny shrugged.

“PART changeling.” I glared at the unicorn.

What’s wrong with being a changeling? They gave you one of your main abilities.

Don’t remind me. I hate the fact I’m related to these freaks that blew up my home.

Fair enough. Remember to watch out for Chrysalis, she can still control your changeling side.

I know.

“Let us move,” Luna said before hopping off the branch.

“Wait.” I jumped after her.

“What?”

“We need a cover or disguise.” I looked at the other two. “Do any of you know some kind of illusion spell?”

“I know a simple one,” Luna said.

“Can it make you all look like changelings?”

“It will give the basic appearance, but if any of them look too closely they will know we aren’t real.”

“Close enough.” I then transformed until I was an armored changeling. “Use it and we’ll go in.”


“This is so weird,” Cadence grumbled as we entered the hive. Luna’s spell had done a decent job at masking them, sadly it kept some of their basic traits.

Luna had kept a blue tint and her horn was longer than most changelings. Cadence’s wings kept a slight tinge of purple at the end and had somehow managed to end up with a longer mane. Shiny was gray and bulkier than the average cheese bug. Luckily most of these details required a close look to spot.

“Shut up and follow me.” I growled.

“You certainly are bossy,” Luna said.

“I’m the one dressed as a commander.”

“That does not mean-”

“You!” A loud hissing voice interrupted Luna. Looking to our right I spotted a changeling walking towards us.

“Greetings my fellow changeling.” I nodded at him.

“What are you doing here?”

“What do you mean?”

“All changelings are meant to be in the main hall for the meeting.” He then looked at my followers. “What kind of freaks are these?” As he neared them Cadence panicked and hit him in the face, knocking him out.

“Cadence!” I hissed. “What was that?”

“He was going to catch us,” she said.

“Great, now we have to stow a body,” I grumbled before grabbing the bug and dragging him towards a nearby rock.

It’s better to kill him. When he wakes up he could alert the others.

True. I raised a hoof to crush his skull.

Wait!

What?

Absorb his memories, that way we can spend less time wandering this place.

I can do that?

Of course, just fully drain him. That will kill the freak and take his memories.

Neat. Grabbing the bug’s head I drained him of every drop of magic he had. Once he was out there was a sudden pain in my head. Falling over I gripped my head.

“Sean!” Luna hurried next to me. “Are you ok?”

“Of course, I’m just on the ground gripping my head because it’s fun!”

“What happened?”

I have the same question.

Wait for it.

Then my headache vanished and a wave of knowledge flowed through me. Changeling customs, current details, and most importantly a layout of the hive. Sadly this guy didn’t seem too important since there wasn’t really any detail about their plans.

“That’s pretty cool,” I said as I stood up.

“What is?” Luna raised an eyebrow.

“I just got everything we need to find Celestia.”


“Now we.” We had been moving around this stupid hive for twenty minutes, it would seem that experience was needed to effectively travel this place. We had just reached a split in the path. “Shiny, I need you again.”

“I don’t see why you couldn’t have drawn it on a rock,” He mumbled as he walked up and showed me his head. I had drawn a map of the hive on his forehead so that we could track our progress.

“Because rocks are heavy, and I’m lazy.” I bit my foreleg with my vampiric fangs, drawing blood.

“Do you have to use your blood?” Shiny glared at me.

“What else do I have?” I tilted my head. “Suck it up.” Dabbing my hoof in the blood I began to draw on him. “Ok, so we took a left here, then right, another left, so next we should go to the left path.”

“I do not understand why you don’t just track my sister’s magic again.” Luna looked at me confused.

“Do you have any idea how many magical trails are around here? I’ll give you a hint, A LOT! It’s nearly impossible to distinguish hers now.” I turned and began to follow the path, the others quickly following.


“Are we getting close Sean?” Luna asked as we rounded a corner.

“Probably, Shiny let me-” I stopped when a somewhat familiar scent reached me. “Blood.” Spotting a patch of red I moved towards it.

“What?” Luna’s eyes widened. “Is it Celestia’s?”

“Yep.” I nodded. “Give me some cover.”

“Why?” Cadence looked at me confused.

“Just keep an eye out for changelings.”

“Will do.” Shiny saluted.

“Celestia?” I whispered. “Are you here?” As I peeked my head into a nearby tunnel something grabbed me. “Agh!”

“Be quiet insect!” Somebody hissed. It was too dark to see anything in detail.

“Get off me!” I kicked my attacker off. I quickly adjusted my eyes to the darkness. “Celestia?”

“Stay back freak.” The alicorn was looking at me with an almost predatory glare. There was large gash on her left leg. Her armor was gone and her ribs were very apparent. Her mane had lost some of its flow and color, looking more pink and solid.

“Hey, calm down.” I said slowly before transforming into my human form. “It’s me, Sean.” Before I could react Celestia’s horn began to glow before she fired a laser into my chest. The shot easily tearing through me. I fell to the ground, gripping the new hole in my chest. Glaring at her I pointed the hole.

“I had to check,” She said coldly. “Make sure you weren’t a changeling in disguise.”

“What’s wrong!?” I looked back to see Luna run in with her horn glowing, Cadence and Shiny close behind her.

“Well, I found Celestia.” My voice was strained as the gap in my body healed.

“What happened to you?” Luna asked.

“She kind of shot me.” My chest had finally recovered and I stood up.

“I had to make sure he was the real Sean.” Celestia kept her indifferent look.

“Sister!” Luna smiled before returning to her pony form and running up to her sister quickly glomping onto her and giving her a hug. The night princess looked to be on the verge of tears. “I’m so glad you’re ok.”

“It is good to see you again sister.” The older alicorn offered a smile that didn’t seem too genuine.

“Well, now that we found you we can save the others and go home.” I walked to the edge of the tunnel to look out. “There are no pests around. Let’s move.”


“No pests around?” Luna glared at me. “You just had to open your giant mouth!”

“Shut up and run!” I returned the glare.

“This is not the time to fight!” Cadence shouted.

A few seconds after we exited the tunnel there was a horrible screech and a massive wave of changelings came charging at us.

“Follow me,” Celestia said before easily taking the lead. We eventually reached another split in the path.

“Which way princess?” Shiny looked at Celestia expectantly.

“We should split up,” Celestia said. “Make the wave divide into more manageable numbers.”

“That’s ridiculous,” I spoke up. “Splitting up will weaken us.” Just then a green magic bolt hit me in the shoulder. “Ow!”

“No time to argue.” Celestia pointed at me. “You and I will take the right, Luna, Shining Armor, and Cadence will take the left. If memory serves me they eventually meet at the same location.” Celestia dodged a bolt before glaring at the changelings. “GO!”
Skeptically looking at Celestia I gazed at Luna who nodded before running down the left tunnel. “Let’s go.” Celestia ordered before following the other path. Looking back on more time I saw the hoard had slowed. “Sean!”

“Coming.” I grumbled.

Author's Note:

Hello people, so I made a recent blog post that requires some opinions. So if you would be so kind as to check it out and comment that would be swell.

PreviousChapters Next