• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 9,642 Views, 929 Comments

The Last Human - Blackdragn18



Humans were once in Equestria but they were all murdered except one

  • ...
110
 929
 9,642

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 53: History Lessons

For the record. Italicized=Flashback

“Master? You mean Discord and Nightmare would let somepony else order them around.” Twilight couldn’t believe that.

“It was more of a join him or be executed. They really had no choice but to join him.” Cadence explained.

“Him, you keep talking about him. He may find us, how did she escape him.” Not patched Celestia asked. “Who is he and how was he able to conquer Equestria? I think you ponies have some explaining to do.” She looked expectantly at the other Celestia.

“Ok, about 900 years ago I was sitting in my study when there was a knock at my balcony door.”


Celestia flipped through some books in her library wondering about another way to stop Nightmare Moon and fix Luna in case the element plan failed. Then she heard a knock at her balcony door. She got up and headed to the doors. Using her magic she opened them to see a yellow Pegasus with a red mane and tail standing in front of her. He had a few cuts and bruises on him and was still bleeding a little. One strange thing was he lacked a cutie mark despite being an adult.

“Can I help you?”

“Yes, I need your help! Can I come in please?” He looked so pathetic she had a hard time saying no.

“I don’t usually take visitors this late or under these circumstances.” He dropped his head in sadness. “But just this once, I’ll do it.”

“Thank you.” He followed her as she went back into the study.

“Now what was it you needed?” Celestia sat down looking at him as he awkwardly sat down. He then told a story of being a member of some sort of extinct race, about having some of her DNA in him, and how a witch had cursed him.

“And that gets us to here.” He finished the story looking at her. “Can you help me?”

“Oh I’ll help you. Guards! Get in here, there’s a crazy pony.” The Pegasus tried to turn and run out the door but she used her magic to close it. A crazy pony like this couldn’t be left to run around in the world, he could hurt himself or another pony.
Then four guards burst into the room. “Princess, you called?”

“Yes, capture that Pegasus.” She pointed to him. Her guards then all ran and dog piled on him. When they got off he was unconscious.

“What do you want us to do with him Princess?” One of the guards walked up to her.

“Take him to that prison that recently added that asylum.”


“So you just wrote him off as crazy and sent him to an asylum!?” Twilight glared at her. “What’s wrong with you?”

“Don’t give me that. Do you mean to tell me you’d have just believed somepony that came in talking about being something that you had never heard of?”

“Our Princess did.”

Before the argument could get any further there was an explosion. All the ponies ran to a nearby window to see a black cloud near where that door had been. Then at least twelve of those lizard creatures ran through the cloud, half were carrying crossbows, the other half had swords. The ponies in the city were screaming and running, trying to get to the building that the princess and the others were in. The guards were trying to fight the lizards but they weren’t as well equipped and were obviously less trained.

The sword lizards just started hacking them down, cutting off heads, cutting them in half, or removing all their limbs then stomping on their skulls. Meanwhile the archers were firing bolt after bolt killing any pony unlucky enough to be spotted.

“Oh Ceeeeelly,” a familiar voice shouted. There was one big difference, this voice had a coldness to it that ran chills down the spines of everypony, even patch Celestia. “Come out come out where ever you are!”

Then Sean stepped into view. He had black armor on, his chest, arms, legs, and lower body were covered in solid armor, and his stomach was protected by black chain mail. On his left shoulder there was a black dragon skull. The only major resemblance to the other Sean was the hair and sadistic smile.

“How did he find us?” Cadence was looking in terror.

“I don’t know but we have to protect the citizens.” Celestia ran out the door. The rest of the ponies looked at each other and ran after her. When they got closer to Sean another major difference was apparent, his eyes were green as opposed to the other one’s purple. He turned to look at them.

“Ah, there you are.” He looked at the other Celestia and Luna “Ooh! Something new has been added!” Then he saw the element bearers. “You look just like those brats from a few years ago, thought I killed you. Wow Twilight, you look weird without the wings.”

“How did you find us?” Patch Celestia glared at him with her one good eye.

“You know Celly, you should try doing a better job to be discreet when going on trips.” he smiled “I always had a hard time finding this place, but when you went to get these guys.” He pointed to the other ponies. “You showed up on my radar, then I just tracked you. Finally, I can get revenge.” He opened his mouth and a cloud of acid was visible.

“Look out!” Shining Armor jumped in front of them and made a magic barrier around them. The shot hit the barrier and made a cloud of smoke. Then a hand easily pushed through the force field grabbed his face and smashed it into the barrier making him lose his concentration.

“Run!” Celestia yelled. He growled as he chased after them.

“He’s gaining on us!” Rainbow yelled. Sean was maybe only eight feet behind them now.

“I’ll hold him off!” Shining Armor spun around and glared at Sean. He just ran up, back handed Shining sending him flying into a wall and kept chasing them. They had gotten to the building. They ran down a flight of stairs. Twilight looked back and he was not following. When he tried to chase he was electrocuted and had to back away.
When the ponies reached the bottom of the stairs they turned left and got to a large door. Patch Celestia opened it and they saw it was a back way out to Jund.

“Wait, what about Shining?” Twilight asked. Then Celestia’s horn glowed and Shining appeared in front of them. He had a large bruise on the left side of his face where Sean had hit him.

“There, now come on!” Celestia ran out the door. They kept running until they came to a large boulder. “Help me move this.” Patch Celestia looked at the other Celestia. They walked over to it and used their magic to move the boulder. There was a ladder leading underground. “Get in!”

“Ok, now I have some questions.” Non patched Celestia looked at patched Celestia once they had gotten to the bottom of the hole and were hiding in what she had called a safe house. It had food, water, and torches for light. It was considerably smaller than the other hide out.

“What is it?”

“Two things, first how was he able to become so powerful and manage to over throw you?”

“Well, after I had sent him to the asylum some psychiatrists tried to help but said he was beyond help. Then some scientists studied him. After a few weeks he managed to escape after assaulting some unicorn doctors and draining magic to the point they died. At that time we were still in the middle of the griffin war, he was clever he waited till just after we had barely won the war then he began his attack.


“Princess, another patrol was found dead a few minutes ago.” A guard told her as he entered the throne room.

“That’s the fifth one this week. What’s doing this?”

“One of the soldiers was able to send a magic recording.” He put a crystal on the ground in front of Celestia.

“I still don’t see why we keep patrolling the area.” A guard in the recording said.

“Because, something’s been killing ponies and we need to do find out what and beat it.” Another replied.

Then there was a loud hiss. The guards looked around until they saw several strange lizards in the trees, they were all carrying weapons.

“What are those things?”

“I don’t know, but I think we may have found our attackers. Get them.”

“More pony meat! Attack!” the lizards jumped down from the trees. One landed on a guard breaking his neck. Then the lizards began to hack up the ponies. The guards were able to kill one of them but it didn’t help. Eventually only the head guard was left. “Last one.” One of the lizards walked up to him.

“Please, we can work this out. What do you want?”

“It’s what our master wants, not us.” it then raised its sword and sliced the guard’s head off.


Princess Celestia was pacing around the throne room. These attacks by the bipedal reptiles had been going on for two weeks now. She had lost at least seventy guards. What was she supposed to do? These things were agile, brutal, and efficient in combat. They were easily out classing guards and she had no way of knowing where they came from. Then there was a knock at the throne room door.

A guard walked into the room. “Princess, there’s a pony here requesting to see you.”

“Can’t it wait?”

“He says it’s urgent.”

Celestia sighed. “Fine, send him in.”

“Very well. Come in.” A green eyed yellow Pegasus walked in. She could have sworn she knew him but she had been too caught up in the war to remember very many new ponies.

“Hello Princess.” He walked to the middle of the throne room and bowed. “Thank you for seeing me.”

“It’s no problem, I swear I’ve seen you before. Did we meet at some point?”

“Aww, you don’t remember me Celly?” he looked up at her. “That hurts. Maybe this will jog your memory. Princess, please help me. No I’m not crazy! Please help!”

“You!”

“Now you remember.”

“Guards arrest him.” Four of her guards ran at him. Before they could get near him a large dragon burst through the wall running over the guards. It then landed behind the Pegasus.

“Like him? I call him Buttons.” The dragon was maybe 54 feet long. He was long with arms and legs that had scales resembling rocks and lava, he had four long sharp claws on his hands and tan scales on the underside that resembled armor plating. It stood on its hind legs, his wings were like standard dragon wings but the wings span was about 62 feet. His head was very different from other dragons. It was shorter and boxier it had several pointed teeth in its mouth and spikes on the sides of its mouth that curved in near the end. It also had large fin like parts on the top sides of its head.

“What kind of dragon is that?”

“I made him myself, I call him an Utvara.” He patted it with a hoof. “Eww, I’m still in this form?” he began to spark and transform until he was a bipedal creature, it had what looked like a skirt, its stomach was exposed between its sleeveless chest cover, it had strange fingerless cloves that left most of its arms uncovered and socks that left its toes and heels exposed as well as most of its legs. The final thing was a strange long and wispy mane.

“You were telling the truth about being some strange creature?”

“Yep, and I’m here for a bit of payback. I’m gonna destroy you and your country.”

“I don’t see how you can get all of Equestria.”

“Oh, that’s one of the fun parts. I made a female dragon too. They had some baby dragons and now I have a whole storm of these guys.”

“I’ll stop you.” She got up preparing to attack.

“Ooh I was hoping for a fight. Buttons, go wreak havoc.” The dragon nodded and flew off.

“Why are you doing this?”

“Because, I came to you a few years ago looking for help. I was hoping the kind ruler of Equestria would be willing to help. Instead I got sent to an asylum where I was tortured and experimented on.” He pointed at his eye. “My eyes used to be purple, then your little scientists got a hold of me. They began to play with my genes until my dragon DNA became the dominant trait, now my eyes are stuck green and no matter what I do they won’t change.”

“I had no idea they were doing any of that.”

“Sure.” He turned his arms into swords. “Time for some revenge, let’s go!”

Celestia charged her horn and shot a beam of magic at him. The human leapt over it and shot a fireball out of his mouth. It hit Celestia point blank and sent her flying. As she was getting up he walked over and kicked her in the face. He then began to drain her magic until she had barely any and was nearly unconscious. Then she was lifted up by her head to look him in the eye.

“I have an idea Celly. You messed up my eyes, now I’ll mess up yours.” He then took a blade hand and stabbed her left eye out. Celestia lost consciousness at that point from the pain.


“So that’s why you have the eye patch.” Luna looked at it understanding now.

“You didn’t put up much of a fight.” Normal Celestia said.

“What do you want from me? He caught me off guard and had an army of dragons.”

“Ok whatever. Now onto my next question. Explain in better detail the whole killing the elements of harmony thing.”

“Ok, well I had gone into hiding after Sean had taken over. He was power crazed. He made the griffins go extinct, he killed many of the Minotaurs and enslaved what was left, and made ponies only slightly above Minotaurs. The only races left alone were changelings, zebras, and dragons. After me and several ponies went into hiding I had only one plan, I had to wait till the bearers of the elements of harmony showed and get them to defeat him. I spent centuries waiting. Until one day there was an explosion and a rainbow flew through the sky. I knew that was the sign that I was waiting for, I was able to get a general idea of where each one was.”


Celestia walked into a rock farm. This was where one of the bearers was meant to be. She looked around until she saw some ponies. They were all crying. She ran up to them.

“What’s wrong?” The adult stallion looked at her.

“Pinkie, they came and took her.”

“Who?”

“Our daughter, we were having a small party when some Viashino burst in and took her. Something about being too dangerous and Sean needing to see her.”

Well, he’s got one of them, I have to save the rest. Celestia kept going to where a bearer should be only to find that Sean had beaten her to them. As she walked through Manehattan she saw a poster on a wall. She pulled it off and read it.

Attention Ponies, there is a mandatory event occurring in the capital city tomorrow at noon. Any ponies who do not attend will be killed slowly and painfully. So be there unless you hate your limbs.
Love Sean.


Celestia walked through the crowd of ponies, she had used some magic to disguise herself as an ordinary pony. She pushed her way to the front of the crowd to see. There was what seemed to be a race track, at one end there were five stalls. In each there was a young pony. Each one Celestia knew was one of the bearers she had been searching for. Though she found it odd that there were only five when there were six elements.

Then the monster himself walked onto a stage near the stalls with Nightmare Moon next to him. “Greetings citizens of Jund. You’re probably wondering why you were forced to come here. The answer to that is quite simple, so I can show you what happens to ponies who threaten me.” He pointed at the stalls. “In here are five children who threaten to overthrow me.” The ponies all stayed silent, though the Viashino all booed at the children.

“I have brought the parents of them here to watch this little game I’ve made.” He pointed to the ponies Celestia had encountered in her search for the bearers. “The game is quite simple, I will be releasing these ponies from their stalls, and they have to run to the end of the track without being eaten by dragons. If they reach the end they get to live.”
He turned to look at the stalls, then at Nightmare. She nodded and pulled a lever. The stall doors swung open and the ponies ran down the track. A yellow one with a pink mane ended up cowering in her stall and it was lit on fire cooking her. An orange pony with a blonde mane and tail tried to just run off the track but was immediately electrocuted and killed. A white unicorn was swallowed by a dragon near the finish. The rainbow pony and the pink one made it to the end and started to smile and dance.

“Congratulations children!” Then Buttons flew down and swallowed the two whole.

“What was that!?” The father of the rainbow pony ran up glaring at Sean. “You said if they reached the end they would get to live.”

“Oh silly pony.” Sean turned walking away. “I never said for how long.”

“Why you!” The pony then flew at him full speed he never reached Sean though as he was shot in the head by an archer.
Sean turned to the other parents. “Anyone else want to try a stunt like that?” The parents all shook their heads and ran off.
"Good. Let’s go Nightmare.”


“That’s horrible.” Luna looked shocked. “How could someone be that cruel?”

“I’m not entirely sure.”

“We have to beat him.” Twilight stood up. “What’s the plan Princess?”

“Sean keeps the elements in an underground safe which is built under a military base. We have to get in there get the elements and get out.”

“You make it sound too easy.” Cadence looked at Celestia doubtfully.

“I know it will be hard but I have an idea.” Celestia then looked at Twilight.

“What?” Twilight looked at her.


“Master you’re back.” Twilight looked as Sean entered the room. “I was watching on the screens, it’s a shame they managed to get away.”

“It was not a total waste.” He put his hand on the crystal ball and poured magic into it. Then a new screen appeared showing the group of escaped ponies.

“You put a spell on Shining Armor?”

“Precisely. Now, let’s see what they’re talking about.”

“We have to get in there get the elements and get out.” Celestia said.

“Interesting. Twilight, I have a job for you.”

“What do you need?”

PreviousChapters Next