• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 9,642 Views, 929 Comments

The Last Human - Blackdragn18



Humans were once in Equestria but they were all murdered except one

  • ...
110
 929
 9,642

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 34: Showing Some Authority

So I’m heading up to Celestia’s study, the weird thing is she usually talks to me in throne room so this is a strange change of pace. When I got to the door to the study and opened it, I saw Celestia sitting at her desk looking pretty angry. I noticed there was one book sitting in the middle of the room. It was open to some page about enchantments.

“Hey Celestia, why’d you want to talk to me in here?” I walked towards her.

She looked up at me she looked like she wanted to kill something. I stopped moving, I’d rather not be killed. “Because I wanted to speak to you and ensure nopony would hear us.”

“Okay?”

“Read this letter!” she threw a scroll in my face.

I took the scroll off my face and read it. Apparently some buffalo were giving the new settlement Appleloosa some trouble. “Alright, I fail to see the problem; it says they resolved the problem.”

“Yes, for now.” She now looked pretty paranoid. “But how long until they want more land and more pies from us? What will we do when they decide they have no use for us and destroy Appleloosa all together?” She started to pace across the room

“I highly doubt that is going to happen.”

“You’re right it won’t, because I am sending you to show them whose boss.”

“That seems like a bit of an overreaction.” She was definitely not acting like her usual self.

“Are you questioning my authority?” she spun to glare at me.

“Yes I am. You are acting very off. I don’t think beating up the buffalo is really necessary.”

“I remember Twilight telling me that one of them nearly ran her over and they kidnapped Spike at one point.”

“What?!”

“Yep, they tried to kill her and her friends and were going to skin Spike alive.” She turned and looked into my eyes.” So ask yourself, do you want to let the race that tried to kill all of them go unchecked?”

“You’re right, those horned freaks need to get a message across.”

“Exactly, so get on that. But first stand still.” Her horn started to glow in a black aura and it shot out and enveloped me. Then suddenly it just dispersed.

“What was that?” I looked myself over. Nothing physical seemed to be wrong with me.

“That was an enchantment I recently discovered, that should help you with your job.”

“Sounds like fun.” I then walked out her door into the hall.


Apparently these buffalo live really far away. It’s so boring flying to get there. It’s been like an hour and a half of flight before I could see Appleloosa. I landed and headed for what looked like the town hall. This whole town is strangely designed. Everything is very sort or rustic and old looking in a sort of charming way, and every single resident has some sort of goofy attire. When I walked in I saw the sheriff. He was a light brown pony with a darker brown mane and a black mustache.

He looked up and almost fell out of his chair. “Sean! What can I do for you sir?”

“I need you to tell me where the buffalo live.”

He showed me a map and pointed to the valley that they live in. “Thank you sheriff.”

“Um sir, if I may ask what do you want with the buffaloes?”

“I just want to talk politics with them.”

So it was another long flight to get to the valley. I decided that I was going to try talking to them first. Along the trip I decided to ask that voice about something.

“Hey voice, did you ever find out what Celestia did to me?”

Yes, and no.

“What does that mean?”

From what I can tell it has something to do with fear. I don’t entirely know what it does or how it works though. I am guessing we can use it like the rest of our powers. Though it requires physical contact .

“Oh well, if talking doesn’t work we can find out.”

It was probably noon when I finally found this stupid camp. I have to say they make Appleloosa seem advanced. They live in pointy fabric houses shaped liked cones. I landed just outside of it on a cliff.

I headed for the camp when I heard a voice behind me. “Stop!”

I turned around to see two buffalo in front of me. One was black and one was brown, both had silly feathers in their heads that made them look ridiculous. “Hi, I’m here to talk to your leader.”

“What is your business with the chief?”

“I was sent by the leader of Equestria, you know that country you live in? Well you guys are walking a fine line within our territory.”

“What are you talking about, we have made peace with your ponies.”

“Yes, but I need to make sure you don’t take this too far and try to take more land.”

“You don’t trust us!? We will not stand for this indignity.” He then charged at me along with his buddy.

And I thought this would be dull. I jumped onto the back of the brown buffalo. I pulled his head to the left and he rammed his buddy off the cliff we were on. I heard a scream and then there was a cracking sound. I then kept leaning until the one I was riding tipped over.

I got off and looked down at him. “Now are you going to let me talk to your leader?”

“Fine.”

After the buffalo picked himself up we headed down to the camp. There were buffalo all over the camp walking around and talking. Eventually we came to a cone that was larger than the rest.

“The chief is in there.” my unwilling guide said not sounding too happy.

I walked into the cone. There was a larger buffalo sitting in the middle. When I walked in he looked up at me. “What is the meaning of this intrusion?”

“Hey, my name is Sean. I was sent here by Princess Celestia to talk to you about your terrorist attack on Appleloosa.”

“That was in no way a terrorist attack! They declared war on us and we simply defended ourselves!”

“That’s not what I heard.”

“Are you calling me a liar?”

“Pretty much.”

In one surprisingly quick move he charged and rammed me. I flew through the roof of his cone. I landed right in the middle of the camp. I heard some steps and when I sat up the chief along with his whole group were surrounding me looking pretty unhappy.

“Hey, can’t we discuss this like civilized beings?”

“Why? Are you scared to fight?” the chief smirked at me.

“No, it is more for your protection.” I smiled at him.

“If you are so confident in your strength you won’t mind facing me one on one.”

“Sure, I haven’t killed a leader for a while now.”

He growled and charged at me. I leapt over him turned and kicked him in the leg shattering the joint. He got back up and charged at me again. I have to say even though it was much slower I was impressed he was even able to attack. Again I dodged and broke a leg.

Then I walked up to him. Let’s try out that fear thing. I walked up to him and touched his forehead. Then everything was dark for a moment and then I was in the middle of the camp except all the buffalo were gone except the chief who was unconscious in front of me. I looked down at him and suddenly a bunch of giant spiders began to appear around us. Suddenly the buffalo’s eyes opened. He got one look at the spiders and began to scream. They started to move closer and he began to cry. Then they walked around me and began to move in even closer. Then finally they started to eat him.

After his screams died down things went dark and then I was in reality again. I looked around to see all the buffalos looking at me in horror. I then looked at the chief to see he was screaming and crying and yelling for help. Then he began to quiet down and stopped moving. I don’t know if he was dead or what but I figured it was time for a speech.

“Listen buffalos! This is only a fraction of my power! Now you have one week to pack up and leave. If I return and you are still here, your entire camp will be wiped out.” That felt so good having that much control over another being just literally at my fingertips.


When I got home I headed for Celestia’s. When I got there Celestia was waiting.

“So, how did your mission go?”

“Great, they should be gone within three days or I will burn down the whole camp.”

“Good, time to show the rest of the races whose boss.

PreviousChapters Next