• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 9,642 Views, 929 Comments

The Last Human - Blackdragn18



Humans were once in Equestria but they were all murdered except one

  • ...
110
 929
 9,642

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 84: Camping

“Ugh, my head.” I slowly sat up and rubbed my aching skull. “Agh!” My hand was a yellow hoof. Hopping up I looked myself over. I was a yellow pegasus, just like when I first met Celestia. “What is going on!?” I began to run in a circle.

“Sean.” I heard a familiar voice. “Sean calm down.” I then bumped into a white leg. Looking up I began to hyperventilate.

“Celestia! Something’s wrong, I’m stuck as a pony!” My breath quickened even further.

“Sean, calm down.” Celestia kneeled to my level and put a wing over me. “It’s ok.”

“How is it ok?” I asked. “You’re too weak to do much. I’m going to be stuck like this for months!”

“Sean!” Celestia shouted, shutting me up. “Luna knows the spell to help you.”

“Really?” I looked to the blue alicorn. Her horn began to glow and I was enveloped in a blue aura. After a few seconds she released me.

“Now try to change back.” Celestia told me. Nodding I quickly transformed back to my human form.

“That’s a relief.” I sighed. “So what did I miss?”

“What is that last thing you remember?” Celestia asked, she seemed a bit uneasy.

“Well, I was having fun with that infinite portal thing. Then it all kind of goes dark.”

“Interesting.” Celestia stumbled a little as she got up.

“Are you ok?” I asked in concern.

“I’ll be fine, I’m just tired from the fight with Chrysalis.”

“Speaking of the cheese queen.” I looked around the cave. “Where is she?”

“Unfortunately she was able to escape.” Celestia’s shoulders slumped. “A small swarm of changelings knocked us away and grabbed her.”

“That’s annoying.” As I shook my head I noticed Celestia almost fall over again. “Seriously what’s wrong with you?”

“She along with the others have all suffered severe muscle loss.” Luna came to stand next to us. “Their limbs are considerably weaker, my guess is her legs can’t support the weight.”

“No problem,” I said. “I can just open us a portal to Canterlot.” I then tried to open a rift, before I could Celestia hit me in the back of the head. “Ow! What was that for?”

“I don’t want you using those portals. They can’t be good for you.”

“How do we get home then?”

“We will walk.”

“What!? Do you know how long that will take?”

“We are walking.” Celestia glared at me.

“Fine.” I crossed my arms. “I don’t even know why I saved you.”


“This is so stupid,” I grumbled. We had been walking for three hours now.

“Stop complaining and mush.” Celestia then kicked me in the ribs.

“Why do I have to carry you again?” The alicorn was currently latched onto my back. “Can’t Luna do this?”

“I’m having enough trouble trying to carry fifty-eight unconscious ponies.” Luna glared at me. She was currently carrying every single pony other than Celestia in a magic bowl. “Even with starvation I doubt I could handle my sister’s excessive weight.”

“Besides, Luna’s too weak and short to carry me,” Celestia said.

“If you weren’t injured those would be fighting words.” Luna growled. I ended up wobbling as Celestia looked back at her sister with a smirk.

“Hey! Don’t shift like that!” I ordered.

“I thought you were supposed to be strong,” Celestia said. “You can’t even carry a thin and injured alicorn.”

“I am strong, you’re just big! Ow!” I growled as my passenger hit me in the back of the head. “I’m seriously considering dropping you.” I looked back at Luna. “So why can’t I just fly us there as a dragon?”

“While not as bad as Nicol Bolas, ever since you exchanged blood with him in that form you give off powerful magic.” Luna explained. “I don’t think that Celestia and the unicorns could handle the power in their current state.”

“Ugh!”


“We will setup camp here,” Celestia said as we reached a large clearing.

“With what?” Shiny asked. The unicorn and his wife had woken up a few hours ago. “We have no tents.”

“That is why the two strong males are going to get wood and other materials to make some shelter.” Celestia looked at Shiny then poked me in the back of the head.

“Fine.” I groaned before kneeling. “Get off me.” Celestia carefully got to the ground. “Well, let’s go Shiny.”

“Wait.” Luna stood in front of us. “What are Cadence and I meant to do?”

“Well Cadence can defend you guys.” I then gave Celestia an evil grin. “Luna, your sister is going to need to build up her muscles again. Why don’t you get her started on some physical therapy?” Luna gave her own cruel smile.

“Of course.”

“I vote we don’t,” Celestia said nervously.

“Why not? You don’t want to end up small and weak like me,” Luna said. “So, let us begin.”


“Are you sure that was a good idea?” Shiny asked as I began to cut down another tree. “Leaving Princess Celestia at her sister’s mercy?”

“Oh, I know it was a bad idea,” I said. “This’ll teach her to ride me like an animal.”

Nice wording there.

“Shut up.”

“I didn’t say anything.” Shiny looked at me in confusion.

“Never mind.” I shook my head. “Gather some of those trunks and we’ll head back.” We had managed to get enough logs to make some decent huts. I grabbed the ones he couldn’t and we headed back for the clearing


“Come on Celestia, reach!” Luna ordered.

When Shiny and I had returned to the clearing Luna had Celestia balancing on her back legs and reaching up. She ended up falling over twice which was pretty funny.

“Should we save her?” I asked Shiny as he set down the logs.

“We do need Luna’s magic to help with this.”

“Hey Luna, stop tormenting Celly and come give us a hand!” I shouted to her.

“Coming!” Luna turned and began to walk towards us. As she left Celestia flopped to the ground, breathing heavily. “Don’t worry sister, we will continue this later.” Luna smiled at her sister.

“You’re mean.” I smirked as Luna came to stand next to me.

“I am simply helping my sister to recover.” Luna put a hoof to her chest. “I would never take advantage of a position of power for petty revenge.”

“Sure.” I rolled my eyes. “Anyway, do you know a spell that can seal the logs together once we set them up?”

“Of course.” Luna nodded. “Just tell me when you are ready.”


“Ok, so here’s the plan.” I kneeled down with Luna and Shiny next to me. “We are going to have five huts.” Drawing in some dirt I began to make the plans. “Two large ones for all the ponies, then one for Cadence and Shiny, one for Luna and Celestia, and of course one for me.”

“That all sounds great but how are we meant to transport them?” Shiny looked at me skeptically.

“That is where I come in,” Luna said. “I will shrink the huts between travels.”

“Then you just put them in little shields and we’ll carry them.” I told Shiny. “Alright, break!”


“How’s that one coming Shiny?” I called over as the unicorn put another log on one of the structures.

“Almost done.”

“Good.” I stepped away from my last hut. We had been working for two hours and had finished all but Shiny and Cadence’s. That was the one he was currently working on. “Luna.” I looked to the alicorn. She nodded before her horn began to glow, the hut was then enveloped in a blue aura. Slowly the logs began to merge until it was one solid structure. “Nice.”

“We are expected to live in these things?” A stuffy unicorn asked in shock. Unfortunately most of the other ponies had woken up recently. Due to them being nobles and other rich ponies they were all very whiny about the whole scenario. So far the only tolerable ones were Twilight and her friends.

“Unless you would rather sleep outside,” I said, glaring at the pony.

“Let’s get some sleep,” Celestia said. “We have a long journey tomorrow.” Several of the ponies grumbled before entering the huts.

“Well, goodnight.” I waved before walking into my own structure.


“Sean.” I felt something poke me.

“What?” I opened my eyes, after they adjusted I saw Twilight standing over me. “What is it?”

“Can I stay here?” She asked nervously.

“Why?” I sat up.

“I just don’t feel too safe or comfortable in that big hut. Plus in my current physical state-”

“Shut up and lie down.” I grumbled before lying back.

“Thank you.” She smiled before lying next to me. Closing my eyes I fell back asleep.


“It’s too early for this,” I said as we weaved through some trees. “Can’t you walk yet?” I looked back at the white alicorn on my back. “Luna did some nice therapy with you.”

“I hardly call that therapy,” Celestia said bitterly. “Having me dodge magic bolts seems a bit extreme.”

“It caused you to use your legs and wings.” Luna gave a fake smile to Celestia.

“You nearly hit my head twice!”

“No shouting next to my ear!” I glared at Celestia.

“Sorry.” She apologized.

“So Sean, can you tell me more about this planewalking?” Twilight asked. The purple unicorn had been asking me about it ever since it came up this morning.

“Well, it allows me to easily transport anywhere in the world.”

“So it is similar to long range teleportation?”

“Yes, but I am able to create things like portals. What it actually does is tear a hole in reality which I then travel through.”

“Wow.” Twilight’s eyes widened. “Can you show me?”

“No,” Celestia said before I could reply.

“What’s your problem with my new ability?” I asked.

“I just don’t think you should take that kind of power lightly.”

“Lame.”

“So, how is Spike?” Twilight looked concerned.

“He’s fine, he was upset about your death of course. Luckily a few gems and some hero worship from the crystal ponies later and he recovered.”

“Are you certain this is the right way?” Luna asked.

“Ninety percent,” I said.

“That’s comforting,” Celestia said sarcastically. Glaring at her I continued.

“I am following the weak magic trail we tracked before.”

“So tell me about this new Canterlot you and Luna are so proud of.” Celestia finally spoke.

“We made it more secure first of all,” Luna said. “The city is surrounded by a stronger wall, as well as the castle. Using Sean’s specifications and as a test subject-”

“It was horrible.” I shivered.

“As I was saying.” Luna rolled her eyes. “We put a spell on the front gate of the city that scans the DNA of beings entering it to ensure they are not changelings.”

“Sounds like the two of you put a lot of work into it,” Celestia said.

“Indeed we did.”


“I guess it’s almost time to set up camp,” Celestia said, looking to the sky.

“Shouldn’t we find a clearing or something?” I asked. We currently were surrounded by trees with minimal space for the huts.

“I can go look for one,” Cadence said before taking to the sky.

“After she finds us somewhere you should probably start the night,” Celestia said, looking at her sister.

“If that’s the case.” I looked back. “Shiny, you and Luna gather some fire wood. I will wait for Cadence and guard the group.”

“Right.” Shiny turned and headed deeper into the forest.

“Yes sir!” Luna gave a salute before following.

“Wow.” I rolled my eyes.

“She certainly has opened up more,” The alicorn on my back commented. “Remember how she used to give you a semi death look?”

“Yep, I wanted to punch her in the face.”

“I found a good spot.” I looked up to see Cadence coming towards us, landing in front of me.

“What’s it like?” I asked.

“It is a large open clearing, like the last few. But the great part is that it’s right next to a river.”

“Nice.”

“Where’s Shining and Aunt Luna?” Cadence looked around.

“They are getting firewood.”

“How will they know where to go?” Cadence asked in concern.

“I can leave a trail.” I told her before using a claw to leave an X in a nearby tree.

“I hope they will understand,” Cadence said before turning and heading into the forest. The group and I quickly followed, I was being careful to leave marks every few feet.

“Here we are.” Cadence gestured grandly.

It definitely was a good spot, the clearing was huge and almost completely clean. There were a few wild flowers but based on my understanding of ponies that can be dinner for them. A calm river also flowed nearby.

“Good work Cadence.” I smirked. “I didn’t think you had it in you.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She glared at me.

“Nothing.” I reached into my pocket and pulled out the little huts, surrounded by spherical shields. “You get to resizing these while I check the perimeter.”

“Can do.” Cadence then levitated the buildings out of my palm.

“I’ll be back in a minute.”


Cadence did a good job with the location.

“Yeah, it’s almost concerning.” I was walking through the forest around the site. The goal is to ensure there is nothing dangerous around. This started after we let Luna pick the site and ended up in an ursa major’s territory. “Everything seems good. Let’s hope Luna and Shiny got back with the wood.”


“This is the dumbest job ever,” I grumbled as I set fire to another stick pile.

“I forgot how much you can whine.” Celestia rolled her eyes as she walked next to me.

“Yeah? I forgot how much you can annoy me.” Setting fire to the final pile we headed back to our little group. Consisting of Twilight and her entourage, Luna, Shiny, Cadence, Celestia, and me. This system of creating groups during camp was made after we set fire to a few square feet of forest trying to create a giant campfire. Now we just use several smaller ones.

“Who knew wild flowers could actually be good?” Cadence asked as she ate another of the plants. Just as I thought the ponies were quick to eat them. Unfortunately I hated the taste of flowers, but there isn’t a cupcake in sight.

Maybe I should put these canine teeth to use. I thought, brushing my tongue against one of the pointed fangs.

I’m not sure that’s the best idea. Remember the creatures you are with, they would probably freak out.

But I’m hungry. Just one little bear won’t hurt anybody.

Don’t do it.

Buzzkill.

“So Sean.” I looked over to Celestia as she gave me a look I’ve never seen before. “I hear Twilight has been staying in your hut recently.”

“So?” I shrugged. “She doesn’t like the outdoors.”

“Is sleeping all that occurs in there?” Luna asked, giving the same unusual look. I did notice Twilight had changed color. Red and purple don’t mix well, all her friends were snickering. Strange.

“Well there was the day she couldn’t sleep so I told her some stories about the past.” I looked at them confused. “Is there a hidden meaning I’m missing?”

They are implying that certain activities occur in your hut.

What? I thought for a minute. Oh. That’s awfully personal, should I be offended?

I don’t know! This has never been an occurrence!

Stop shouting!

How about you both stop shouting.

Agh!

Celestia, what have I said about doing that!?

Well you suddenly spaced out. Everypony is worried.

“What?” I looked around to see them all staring at me.

“You just kind of stopped blinking,” Shiny said.

“Oh, I’m fine. Just thinking.”

“Was it about a certain-” Luna began.

“I’m going to go look for food.” I interrupted before getting up and heading towards the forest. Leaving the ponies confused.


Did they really get to you?

“No, it’s just a matter of I’m hungry and they’re annoying.”

Going to look for some leaves to snack on?

“You know I hate vegetables. Besides, I want to kill something.” I looked around. “Can you use my senses to make sure nobody is following us?”

If you insist on doing this I suppose so.

“Great, now let’s go find some dinner.”


“There’s a good specimen.” I watched from a branch as a small bear walked by.

I still don’t approve of this.

“I still don’t care.” I then turned my arm into a blade. “Dinner time.” Leaping off my perch I easily landed on the creatures back. Thanks to the size difference I was able to knock it to the ground and quickly cut its head off.

That was unusually efficient.

“Well screw you too.” I then began to skin it. As I finished I heard a growl. “Did I seriously upset you?”

That wasn’t me.

“Really?” Looking back I saw a larger bear looming over me. “Hello.” The creature growled before swiping at me. The massive paw was able to make contact and sent me flying off the corpse. “Ow.”

See! This is what happens when you ignore me.

“It’s just an adult bear,” I said as I got up. “More food.”

This is a bad plan.

The bear gave me an aggressive glare. It then roared and charged at me.

“He’s a lot faster than-” The bear slammed into my body, knocking me into a tree. “That wasn’t fun.” It then stood on its hind legs before bringing all its weight down on me. There were several cracks as my ribs and back broke. “Screw Celestia’s rule.”

Concentrating I created a portal beneath me, creating one above the bear I fell through. After closing the first, my crippled body slammed onto the beast. The bear cried out in pain before throwing me off, by now my wounds had healed.

“Let’s see how you handle some planewalking.” As it charged at me I teleported behind it, quickly turning one of my arms into a blade I slashed across the bear’s hind leg. The creature cried out in pain before falling over. Acting fast I jumped onto its back and stabbed it in the back of its skull. The bear roared and bucked me off. Before I hit the ground I opened another portal and appeared in front of it, my blade soon separated its head from the body.

I’m impressed.

“Good for you.” I growled. “We need more, let’s go find a few wolves to maim.”

What!? No, we were just getting the bear remember? We aren’t on a killing spree.

“You’re not in charge here, I’m the one with the body.” I licked the blood off my arm. “What’s a few more?”

No! Eat your bear and go back to the ponies.

“Ponies, that’s it! They will be wonderful prey.”

What is wrong with you?

“Nothing, what’s wrong with you?” Then a few images of a purple unicorn flashed through my mind. “What is this? Are you hoping to trick me?”

I’m not doing anything, that’s your own volition.

“Don’t use fake words.”

You really think Twilight, Celestia, or any of the others would approve of this? I’m pretty sure murdering them wouldn’t work out for you.

“I don’t need you and your logic.”

It’s a shame I have to do this. Luna, if you would be so kind.

On it.

“What?” Then a surge of pain went through my body. Falling over, I coughed up some blood. “What are you doing?” Another burst of pain went through me before everything went dark.

PreviousChapters Next